Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Been reading in a few places online now that the Oregon shooter's family had been stockpiling guns for fear that the government would confiscate them. Wonder how Freep is going to justify this one to themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Cythereal posted:

Been reading in a few places online now that the Oregon shooter's family had been stockpiling guns for fear that the government would confiscate them. Wonder how Freep is going to justify this one to themselves.

Now their liberal false flag Obama plant son is going to ensure that happens, should've worn a condom etc etc

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Liberal indoctrination camps AKA schools. Put kids to work in the farm or factory where they belong. Can't shoot a gun as a teenager if you lost an arm or two earning 1/2 square meal!

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Captain_Maclaine posted:

The USSR, post-1941, was in no sense doomed, and knowing what I do about Barbarossa, I'd say that even with the assets otherwise allocated to defending the channel and elsewhere, it's unlikely the Soviets would have gone under absent continuing British resistance prior to that. Not that we're not well into counterfactual-as-balls territory.

Bingo. The German army may have been one of history's greatest armies, but they ran smack into, arguably, the best army in history. By 1944 the Red Army was an unstoppable vortex of mechanized death.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

There's that and the USSR actually having modern industrial practice unlike most parts of Germany (Ford subsidiaries excluded).

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Now with bonus Lazamataz!

quote:

o: WhiskeyX

And they wonder why evil visited their state in the form of the half-black school-shooter.

37 posted on 10/6/2015, 9:44:58 AM by Lazamataz (Ok. We won't call them 'Anchor Babies'. From now on, we shall call them 'Fetal Grappling Hooks'.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Jagged Jim posted:

Now with bonus Lazamataz!

Oregon = Oklahoma, right guys?

Also, jesus, did he change his signature? It's even worse now.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

change my name posted:

Oregon = Oklahoma, right guys?

Also, jesus, did he change his signature? It's even worse now.
I think he's had that for a while?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

That one is new-ish. There was at least one between "goodbye [cat name]..." and this one. It was slightly less terrible, I think.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Icon Of Sin posted:

That one is new-ish. There was at least one between "goodbye [cat name]..." and this one. It was slightly less terrible, I think.

Maybe, but it the current one definitely works better when he's demanding we gas children.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
That cat died from years of close proximity rage poisoning.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

I thought that was half the joke. Mock the former world power by poking them where it hurts. ...

You think that because you have at least half a brain: the meme is that the French are sissy coward pussies that aren't directly responsible for supplying the American revolution, they never had an empire, and they totally betrayed us by truthfully telling us that Saddam did not possess or intend to obtain nuclear weapons. They're gutless surrender monkeys with evil healthcare!

Bonus irony: these same people have a hard-on for the Roman empire because it was big and strong, forget the parts about slavery, violent conquest, and abandoning the republic system.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
To give Freep credit, they're perfectly OK with dumping the whole republic-democracy-whatever we have now. Well only if it's being replaced by the Freepers Theocratic Society of Farts.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
And Freepers are loving stupid, Hitler is the one responsible for the defeat of the Nazis.

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.

Post 9-11 User posted:

You think that because you have at least half a brain: the meme is that the French are sissy coward pussies that aren't directly responsible for supplying the American revolution, they never had an empire, and they totally betrayed us by truthfully telling us that Saddam did not possess or intend to obtain nuclear weapons. They're gutless surrender monkeys with evil healthcare!

Bonus irony: these same people have a hard-on for the Roman empire because it was big and strong, forget the parts about slavery, violent conquest, and abandoning the republic system.

I'm fairly sure this is exactly why Freep likes it.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
That and the butt sex

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Someone mentioned that Freepers lust for a Pinochet or Franco type. I used to think that, too.

Nah, what they really want is a resurrected Andrew Jackson, a Southern boy who stuck it to the Injuns in favor of godly white settlers everywhere and told the Supreme Court to go gently caress itself in the process.

DemeaninDemon posted:

To give Freep credit, they're perfectly OK with dumping the whole republic-democracy-whatever we have now. Well only if it's being replaced by the Freepers Theocratic Society of Farts.

One thing to remember if the Freepers ever get their Theocratic Society of Farts: if and when it all falls apart, it will never be their fault. They'll just pin the blame on whatever minority group they didn't get around to purging or because the previous society crippled their movement somehow.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
"Southern Boy" is a pretty gross mischaracterization of how Jackson was perceived.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

The only thing Freep doesn't like about Rome is their early pagan religion. Once they became Christian, I'm pretty sure it's exactly what they want. Their only qualm might be that they weren't evangelicals.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The funny thing about that is that in the first couple of decades that followed christianity becoming the official religion incalculably more christians were murdered for their faith than in all the purges in the hundreds of years of pagan rule.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

The funny thing about that is that in the first couple of decades that followed christianity becoming the official religion incalculably more christians were murdered for their faith than in all the purges in the hundreds of years of pagan rule.

Well yes, because they were the wrong kind of Christians and obviously not adhering to whatever orthodoxy happens to be prevailing at the moment means that you have to be murdered for your own good.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yeah seriously that seems like something freep would endorse. (loving Catholics with their devil Pope :bahgawd:)

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Minenfeld! posted:

Bingo. The German army may have been one of history's greatest armies, but they ran smack into, arguably, the best army in history. By 1944 the Red Army was an unstoppable vortex of mechanized death.

I'm tempted to say this is another example of how there's nothing so expensive as the world's second-best army, but really as terrifying as the Red Army was, I'd argue victory was more owed to the Soviet willingness to totally mobilize their whole economy and society for the war effort far, far earlier than the Germans did (if they ever really did).

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I'm tempted to say this is another example of how there's nothing so expensive as the world's second-best army, but really as terrifying as the Red Army was, I'd argue victory was more owed to the Soviet willingness to totally mobilize their whole economy and society for the war effort far, far earlier than the Germans did (if they ever really did).

Considering the scales of economy and access to resources, I'd say that even if the Germans had gone full wartime economy before the Soviets, they still would have lost. There just really never was a chance for the Nazis, even if they got everything right and the Allies or Soviets hosed up at every conceivable opportunity.

Of course, hindsight is 20/20, especially when it comes to waging all-encompassing warfare.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Thump! posted:

Considering the scales of economy and access to resources, I'd say that even if the Germans had gone full wartime economy before the Soviets, they still would have lost. There just really never was a chance for the Nazis, even if they got everything right and the Allies or Soviets hosed up at every conceivable opportunity.

Of course, hindsight is 20/20, especially when it comes to waging all-encompassing warfare.

Also a lot of strategic resources simply weren't available to Germany unless they conquered and held places that had them. Meanwhile Russia could pull as much oil as it needed out of the ground deep inside its own borders.

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

change my name posted:

How do you build a house out of sandbags...? Why would you want to? Couldn't someone (let's call them a brown boogieman in this case) just slit them open and deflate the whole thing?

I thought Mr. Sand-house from a few pages back needed more attention..

Matthew 7:26 posted:

But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand.

But Jesus never said anything about building my house out of sand. :smug:

Of course that would require reading the bible in the first place.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

computer parts posted:

"Southern Boy" is a pretty gross mischaracterization of how Jackson was perceived.

They don't tend to threaten to hang South Carolinian secessionists for one thing.

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007

Jagged Jim posted:

Maybe, but it the current one definitely works better when he's demanding we gas children.

Jesus, even among Freepers this is revolting. The racism, sexism, and classism is bad enough, but to support the eroticisation of the holocaust is like... Urg. I feel dirty and sick having looked at it. So gently caress you Freep.

stan worship
Oct 23, 2013

Igiari posted:

Jesus, even among Freepers this is revolting. The racism, sexism, and classism is bad enough, but to support the eroticisation of the holocaust is like... Urg. I feel dirty and sick having looked at it. So gently caress you Freep.

If you just imagine a little child from Latin America there, instead of the white lady, that's the idea Laz was trying to project with that.

Always more, always worse.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

change my name posted:

How do you build a house out of sandbags...? Why would you want to? Couldn't someone (let's call them a brown boogieman in this case) just slit them open and deflate the whole thing?

Now that attention has been brought back to this, they are actually pretty cool. Google earth bag houses. Very energy efficient and cost effective housing. You usually stucco them inside and out. also slitting a compressed sandbag doesn't really release all the sand.

Oh and for the freepers, they are bullet proof. 2 feet of compressed earth is pretty bullet stopping stuff.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Abner Cadaver II posted:

They don't tend to threaten to hang South Carolinian secessionists for one thing.

You could actually make a decent argument for him being the 19th Century version of Donald Trump, in that they're both white populists.

Donald comes from a position of (perceived) wealth though, so that's a major difference.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Thump! posted:

They were figuring they'd kick in the door and the whole rotten house would have come down, and if they'd actually been anti-Bolshevik liberators like they liked to claim, it - well, might not have worked, exactly, but it would have worked better than they did.

US aid to the Soviets was a really big help but our trucks, gas, and phone cable probably did a lot more than any weapons we gave them. I gather they actually started asking the US to stop sending weapons because we were giving them garbage we didn't want, and their own gear (other than trucks, since all the truck factories were making tanks) was better.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Nessus posted:

They were figuring they'd kick in the door and the whole rotten house would have come down, and if they'd actually been anti-Bolshevik liberators like they liked to claim, it - well, might not have worked, exactly, but it would have worked better than they did.

US aid to the Soviets was a really big help but our trucks, gas, and phone cable probably did a lot more than any weapons we gave them. I gather they actually started asking the US to stop sending weapons because we were giving them garbage we didn't want, and their own gear (other than trucks, since all the truck factories were making tanks) was better.

Yeah, the Nazis didn't really expect the rotting house to be held up by the steel communist will of :ussr:Stalin:ussr: I reckon.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
I saw, "crisis actor" used in some of the quotes posted here and presumed it was a legitimate term like rational actor, referring to a nation that intervenes in a dire situation. I had no idea that they were putting out the idea that paid actors are brought in to illustrate the human toll of disasters, what in the gently caress.

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

... One thing to remember if the Freepers ever get their Theocratic Society of Farts: if and when it all falls apart, it will never be their fault. They'll just pin the blame on whatever minority group they didn't get around to purging or because the previous society crippled their movement somehow.

No, no, that's the liberal victim culture, not them, no sirree. Now, watch this Keno pull!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Post 9-11 User posted:

I saw, "crisis actor" used in some of the quotes posted here and presumed it was a legitimate term like rational actor, referring to a nation that intervenes in a dire situation. I had no idea that they were putting out the idea that paid actors are brought in to illustrate the human toll of disasters, what in the gently caress.

The hole goes far deeper than that, they believe there were no shootings or victims at all.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

And the State Trooper was John Goodman all along! :aaaaa:

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Illinois Medical Marijuana Applicants Trending Female, Older

Pre-2008 American society: famous for facing problems head-on and stone-cold sober.

quote:

One could wonder what might have happened in society to make the idea of life with it so loathsome that people are welcoming the idea of smoking it away.

I think it’s because God (or rather, what we mean by God) became a joke.

13 posted on 10/5/2015, 5:49:24 PM by HiTech RedNeck (Embrace the Lion of Judah and He will roar for you and teach you to roar too. See my page.)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Religion was the opiate of the masses until Purdue Pharma won the contract.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

At least 9/11 truthers believe that the twin towers actually did get destroyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Do we have proof that Obama was even born???

• Locked thread