Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

Kuai posted:

i installed an addon to tell me where to go to quests and now i have 10+ lazer lines shooting out of my character at all times.

Every single quest addon is horrific. That goes for all MMOs, but this one is a special kind of bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Chairman posted:

People who can't, for whatever reason, buy Ncoins in-game are being directed by Carbine to buy them from Amazon instead. However, those Amazon codes are set up by NCsoft so that they only can be redeemed if you have at least one active Aion or Lineage II character. So, Carbine's solution: download Aion and make a character there first.

lmao :eyepop: I want to at times defend this game but then stuff like this happens.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

The Chairman posted:

People who can't, for whatever reason, buy Ncoins in-game are being directed by Carbine to buy them from Amazon instead. However, those Amazon codes are set up by NCsoft so that they only can be redeemed if you have at least one active Aion or Lineage II character. So, Carbine's solution: download Aion and make a character there first.

now this is the good poo poo

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008

Tarranon posted:

now this is the good poo poo

It's got that one-of-a-kind Carbine flavor...

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Many of the quest addons are fine (I used Perspective myself) and there's no reason not to run them since you can customize what they display: You can turn off the lines or show dotted lines or only show them for certain things.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
You becoming a mod of that mad house is one of the best thing to happen to this thread.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

quote:

Straight guilds are not the default or the majority. Guilds do not have an orientation. It is insane to me that people can still think like this. And it also has nothing to do with being selective about a guild at all. Like, in general, it's a really stupid thing to seek out. Just because people happen to be LGBT doesn't mean they're nice people or a perfect guild either. And just because they're straight doesn't mean they're not. More than likely, nearly every guild has some of both. And it's just baffling to me that anyone thinks this line of thinking is acceptable.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Cyster, seriously not threadshitting here, but find the person who redid the rune system and punch him/her in the throat. If it was you... well do it anyways. It's awful.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Rhymenoserous posted:

Cyster, seriously not threadshitting here, but find the person who redid the rune system thought up this game and punch him/her in the throat. If it was you... well do it anyways. It's awful.

There ya go.

In fact, just punch the entire dev team in the throat while you're at it.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
I would like the person who thought the new stats were better to be punched, too.

Just do the classic str/dex/sta formula, have them feed crappy secondary stats, stop trying to reinvent the wheel when your idea for a better version of the wheel is 16 squares.

pertinent
Apr 3, 2009
They should've just stuck with pong.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Anoia posted:

I would like the person who thought the new stats were better to be punched, too.

Just do the classic str/dex/sta formula, have them feed crappy secondary stats, stop trying to reinvent the wheel when your idea for a better version of the wheel is 16 squares.

I'm still angry they axed moxie.

I just love that word. Moxie. Best stat ever. :3:

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

CoffeeBooze posted:

You becoming a mod of that mad house is one of the best thing to happen to this thread.

they bring the sickest chuckles and they don't even have to play the game

it's a sweet setup

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
everyone else with your lag trip reports are uhmmmm really funny too haha

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Libluini posted:

Go play Kingdom of Loathing.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The rune system is a freakin' hilarious mess. I like for important slots in my gear to either be a) RNG b) Cost $$ or c) ALL OF THEM. Still enjoying PVP as a stalker though. It feels good watching the trainwreck from the inside :derp: :supaburn:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Libluini posted:

It really is... was. :smith:

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
I have to download a patch everyday that means this game will be good any day now

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
This isn't as bad as Archage :shrug:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Good. Bad. It didn't even happen in America.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Anoia posted:

well um a wheel is a circle and a circle is 360 degrees therefore there should be 360 stats.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

But degrees are an arbitrary measure, circles have infinite sides and therefore there should be infinite stats.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Stanley Pain posted:

The rune system is a freakin' hilarious mess. I like for important slots in my gear to either be a) RNG b) Cost $$ or c) ALL OF THEM. Still enjoying PVP as a stalker though. It feels good watching the trainwreck from the inside :derp: :supaburn:

Is there really anything else worth playing? I tried everything except warrior and only stalker truly clicked to me.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Is there really anything else worth playing? I tried everything except warrior and only stalker truly clicked to me.

Spellslinger clicked for me after I learned how SP worked/could be managed. Esper is basically a ranged rogue sans stealth in the way it builds/spends combo points. I couldn't get into Warrior/Medic at all though.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Spellslinger clicked for me after I learned how SP worked/could be managed. Esper is basically a ranged rogue sans stealth in the way it builds/spends combo points. I couldn't get into Warrior/Medic at all though.

Engineer has been working fine for me. They have some weirdly shaped area effects that require positioning, but they play basically like ranged warriors with the option for bringing pets along.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Cythereal posted:

Engineer has been working fine for me. They have some weirdly shaped area effects that require positioning, but they play basically like ranged warriors with the option for bringing pets along.

Man I forgot about making an engineer. I played one back in the original beta but got into being a spellslinger in live. They're both really fun classes.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

John Dyne posted:

Man I forgot about making an engineer. I played one back in the original beta but got into being a spellslinger in live. They're both really fun classes.

Yeah i'm thinking if i ever log back into the game i'm gonna make one. Which server/faction are most people playing on?

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Loose Ifer posted:

Yeah i'm thinking if i ever log back into the game i'm gonna make one. Which server/faction are most people playing on?

I think at the minute there's only two servers, Entity and whatever the PvP one is named; I'm on Entity, and my Spellslinger is an exile. I might make a Dominion Engineer.

e: My spellslinger is Nikolai Volgin, and my Dominion engineer is Hunsworth Hairbeard.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Oct 7, 2015

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
I'm on Entity Exile. I made a guild named Goon Squad last night if anybody wants to join it. Or take it from me. Or whatever. Space Jam was unavailable, so I assume somebody still has that?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

There's no telling who Space Jam actually fell to once the servers merged but goons originally had it. Since no one in it plays anymore it's probably just lost forever.

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Elder Brother, you're so dreamy
:allears:

Morglon posted:

Good. Bad. It didn't even happen in America.

:vince:

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
You motherfuckers can't seriously be playing this piss-tentacle of a game. Have some decency you abominable rear end-warlocks

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Let them enjoy it if they want. There are plenty of bad games to mock.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
All MMOs are bad. You can't make fun of one without making fun of them all.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Could be worse. Could be Crimson Blade.

Now, if one of you fuckers downloads Crimson Blade and tries to say it's not so bad....

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Anoia posted:

Now, if one of you fuckers downloads Crimson Blade and tries to say it's not so bad....

Or any cryptic game which goons seem to eat up despite them being almost universally awful.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Rexicon1 posted:

You motherfuckers can't seriously be playing this piss-tentacle of a game. Have some decency you abominable rear end-warlocks

Pretty much everyone called it in the last thread. :v: It's not as horrible as it used to be, but it's still at best mediocre.

Still, it's a good time waster. Especially if you get some other people playing so you're not just watching zone chat poo poo the bed and scream at the bed in frustration because there's poo poo in it.

Anoia posted:

Christ, I've played Star Trek Online and The Secret World so many other medicore F2P games, but that? Even I can't bring myself to download Scarlet Blade, and I've loving played Wizards 101.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I don't know what scarlet blade is and I can't help but think I'd like to keep it that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

It's a garbage F2P mmo whose literally only appeal is basically rear end and tits.

• Locked thread