Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

zelah posted:

Well ones a wealthy Japanese heir and the other is a Chinese peasant

Goku's rich now too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Farecoal posted:

Super Ultra Mega Blue Android 13 Review: The first half of the movie was awesome. And by first half I mean Android 15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBbeloUlQwc

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the dragon ball super manga is skipping the revival of f retelling and starting the "Champa arc"

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Maybe Revival of F won't get adapted since it isn't necessarily important to the plot like Battle of Gods is.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Aurora posted:

Maybe Revival of F won't get adapted since it isn't necessarily important to the plot like Battle of Gods is.

no the anime is totally doing it

quote:

Episode #19 — 15 November 2015
Goku throws himself into training under Whis. Meanwhile in Hell, you-know-who suffers intense torment.
Episode #20 — 22 November 2015
An unprecedented threat bears down on Earth!! At this time, an old friend comes to visit Bulma…!?

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

I hope they just recolor the old cels and it's a 1:1 rehash of the original Frieza fight.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jaco in episode 20 is fantastic news.

I wonder if Tights will show up in Super too. She got a "design" for RoF after all. (It's just Bianca from Dragon Quest 5).

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Aurain posted:

Jaco in episode 20 is fantastic news.

I wonder if Tights will show up in Super too. She got a "design" for RoF after all. (It's just Bianca from Dragon Quest 5).

Oh really? I never caught this!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Oh really? I never caught this!

Tights isn't in the movie at all, but I think her older design shows up in a promotional artbook or something for Resurrection F.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I just recognised her from knowing they were the same so I'd never seen them side by side but having seen them on the same page, that's surely just redrawn art, right?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Dragon Team is garbage at getting subs out on time, is there an actual good sub group for the anime at all?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dragon Team are the best ones but like you say, unreliable.
You can probably just find a quick sub on release day if watching it shortly after release is important to you, but you won't get one with a translation as good as DT's.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Gonna watch Resurrection of F this weekend when it goes up for digital rental on Google Play. I'm surprised Funimation hasn't bothered hosting some of the older movies like that. It's nice to be able to toss $4 bucks at google for a thing that I want to watch exactly once.

I got the itch to watch the Bojack movie the other day, and was totally willing to pay to rent it like that, but instead I had to watch some rando's lovely youtube upload with artifacting and copyright filter avoidance measures. You're leaving money on the table, Funimation :homebrew:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

deadly_pudding posted:

Gonna watch Resurrection of F this weekend when it goes up for digital rental on Google Play. I'm surprised Funimation hasn't bothered hosting some of the older movies like that. It's nice to be able to toss $4 bucks at google for a thing that I want to watch exactly once.

I got the itch to watch the Bojack movie the other day, and was totally willing to pay to rent it like that, but instead I had to watch some rando's lovely youtube upload with artifacting and copyright filter avoidance measures. You're leaving money on the table, Funimation :homebrew:

You say Funimation, but it can be Toei's dictations limiting their options.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Raxivace posted:

Tights isn't in the movie at all, but I think her older design shows up in a promotional artbook or something for Resurrection F.

Poor Tights apparently missed out on the non aging genes Mrs. Briefs had

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

deadly_pudding posted:

After seeing random Tree of Might Gifs around, I wanted to rewatch that movie recently, and I ended up in the same boat. Looking for some lovely Youtube video. Didn't even bother watching it after the ridiculous forest fire clean up though.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Aurora posted:

theres already posters and episode synopsis

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Super manga is skipping RoF because the artist did one for it recently, it's monthly and there's no real need for him to rehash it so quickly. Maybe that's where the confusion is coming from.

Info is in the first article on Kanzenshuu right now.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Something Awful exclusive sneak peak at DBZSROF!!!!!!!!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I found this really cool compilation of all Dragon Ball game openings, definitely deserves to be shown. Even if it commits the great sin of removing Cha-la-head-cha-la.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av9cdsU6_ds

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Speaking of removing openings. I am assuming Rock the Dragon was removed because of licensing basically? I have the Blu Rays and man it feels really weird hearing a generic rock track for the opening.

Granted can be fixed by putting it Japanese and Cha La Head Cha La plays.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Shindragon posted:

Speaking of removing openings. I am assuming Rock the Dragon was removed because of licensing basically? I have the Blu Rays and man it feels really weird hearing a generic rock track for the opening.

Granted can be fixed by putting it Japanese and Cha La Head Cha La plays.

Which is weird since the movies do use Cha La Head Cha half the time, with others not having a song or the generic song you mentioned.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I honestly don't understand why they don't just use the Japanese OP music instead of generic buttrock. Even with the Faulconer score, you're not exactly loving fooling anyone as to where DBZ came from.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Plus the original score is actually really, really good.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

HD DAD posted:

Plus the original score is actually really, really good.

The old DBZ music is super fun. All lo-fi kung-fu movie orchestral poo poo, with hammy drama stings. It's really evocative of the conceptual source material of ridiculous low-budget martial arts films, while still being dramatic enough to match up to the crazy poo poo happening on screen.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
That's great for some of it, but it's kinda lame when you're dealing with Frieza and Cell..

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's fine for DB, but DBZ pretty quickly dropped the martial arts stuff in favor more laser beams through dudes butts

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

New Leaf posted:

That's great for some of it, but it's kinda lame when you're dealing with Frieza and Cell..

I thought it did a great job of establishing mood in the later parts of the series. The slight Godzilla-y edge of much of the music fit for the always slightly silly style of the series, while it still built up dramaticism well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhwCsvN3D24

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm no huge fan of the japanese soundtrack but I can at least tolerate it

I absolutely can't stand faulconer's poo poo

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I've said before I like Faulconer's score when heard in isolation/used appropriately, but when they shove it into every second of silence in the show and mash them together randomly it gets really loving old and irritating. As repetitive as DBZA's use of the japanese/Kai scores can get, it's still less monotonous than the faulconer soundtrack as used in the actual show.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
That was the main complaint back on the forums back when they were releasing new dub episodes back in 2000-2002. The music was constant, and I think I would have been more okay with the Faulkner score if they used periods of silence appropriately.

Though we all knew it was going to happen, this led to them completely butchering Gohan going SSJ2.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I can't really say I ever noticed the music too much personally. I can't remember it ever affecting my enjoyment of the product.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

HD DAD posted:

That was the main complaint back on the forums back when they were releasing new dub episodes back in 2000-2002. The music was constant, and I think I would have been more okay with the Faulkner score if they used periods of silence appropriately.

Though we all knew it was going to happen, this led to them completely butchering Gohan going SSJ2.

I genuinely thought people were over stating it until i went and rewatched the unabrdiged Freeza fight a while back, it's seriously fatiguing to listen to.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Enourmo posted:

I genuinely thought people were over stating it until i went and rewatched the unabrdiged Freeza fight a while back, it's seriously fatiguing to listen to.

Yeah, you don't really realize how much ever-present the Faulconer score was until you go back and watch a few episodes now that you're not eight years old.

I had the same reaction when I went back to watch the original Star Wars about a year ago. They're playing music all the god drat time in that movie.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the key difference being star wars has one of the best scores of all time and bruce faulconer is a ron swanson-looking motherfucker with a casio keyboard

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Oh no, there's not digital rental available for Resurrection F :qq:
Is it just delayed, or am I gonna have to suck it up and pay my $15?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I can't really imagine the show without stuff like Cell's theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl8_b4qi3Ss

Like, really? This song wasn't in the original version?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKbFoWCKvM0

Superior Cell theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
Wait, when did the hive-mind decide that Faulconer was terrible? The last two threads had everyone praising his score.

I can't keep up with trends anymore.

• Locked thread