Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Katana Gomai posted:

dear madden 16, please stop suggesting chew clock plays when I'm the one who has to conserve game time

like, that's basic poo poo, how do you even gently caress that up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hubris, i think you played this.

did you like it because it's good, or did you like it because you like all jrpgs?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

BBJoey posted:

battlefield gameplay demos always imply that there'll be a coherent ebb and flow to the match, that frontlines will form and shift back and forth before one side through a combination of teamwork and tenacity manages to break through and win the day, as if every battlefield match doesn't end up in half the team running off into the mountains to get the sickest sniping spot while the other half gets ripped to shreds by a guy in an attack helicopter who's played the game for over a thousand hours, and the most fun you'll ever have is being an idiot behind enemy lines trying to shank people and steal their dogtags.

when bf4 first started the vehicle balance (especially the little bird) was pretty much perfect. a lone pilot in a little bird would get owned by stingers unless they were really loving good but a little bird w/ 2 engineers could survive a lot of stuff while shooting rockets out of every orifice. It was balanced around team play.

this worked early on cause lots of people who play casually but also work as squad when possible were pretty common in the beginning. then later as everyone stopped playing those people left and the only people still playing the game are lone little bird pilots and snipers so the retards ad dice rebalanced stingers so they basically don't do damage to aircraft. its dumb as poo poo.

battlefront will probably be fun for a while. I am most excited to discover what new and amazing bugs DICE has in store.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

get hype

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Katana Gomai posted:

dear madden 16, please stop suggesting chew clock plays when I'm the one who has to conserve game time

like, that's basic poo poo, how do you even gently caress that up

they have never fixed clock management, one of the glaringly lovely parts about the game

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
whelp played sw battlefront and I hate it. I wanted to like it so much. I would bet they farmed out the map design and balance to a group home for the mentally disabled.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

i loved battlefront 2. what do they get wrong

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Raged posted:

whelp played sw battlefront and I hate it. I wanted to like it so much. I would bet they farmed out the map design and balance to a group home for the mentally disabled.

Feel like a big man posting some ableism you pathetic piece of crap.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Pinterest Mom posted:

did you like it because it's good, or did you like it because you like all jrpgs?

smt devil survivor is grid map kinda srpg. think final fantasy tactics. i like it

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
does madden properly simulate brain injuries and domestic violence yet

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

bump_fn posted:

does madden properly simulate brain injuries and domestic violence yet

more importantly will there be a season 3 of breaking madden

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

this sportscaster katie nolan had a pretty good response to greg hardy's return to the NFL: https://twitter.com/GarbageTime/status/651971250684719104

madden games are really bad and it's so disappointing how much money they make and how little EA cares about the actual product they release

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

things you can't do in the only modern nfl simulation: create an nfl play

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Blackula69 posted:

madden games are really bad and it's so disappointing how much money they make and how little EA cares about the actual product they release
they don't even make that much money anymore, ea almost dropped the license last year because of it

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

still good

Pinterest Mom posted:

oh hell yeah thats a good rebuy price point

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

dragon enthusiast posted:

they don't even make that much money anymore, ea almost dropped the license last year because of it

i wish they would. instead, they reupped until like 2020

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

penny arcade got really bad

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

lmao

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

ok i'm done

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
they had a "suicidal depression gives a skewed worldview which translates into funny comics" thing going on but then they both got medicated and became not funny. then they were off meds for a few weeks and put out some really good comics but life was nightmarish, i don't blame them for just coasting off pax or whatever it is they're doing now

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i really didn't want to give them any more attention but i had to share that pic bc it's too perfect

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Raged posted:

i tried it for ten minutes and

it's bad

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
oh well. so bf4 got fixed and is fun now? haven't seen it on steam sale much (ever?) so i still haven't picked it up

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Bhodi posted:

oh well. so bf4 got fixed and is fun now? haven't seen it on steam sale much (ever?) so i still haven't picked it up

none of the battlefields past bad company 2 are on steam

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
fffffffff oh well that's why

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

heck yeah I kickstarted this poo poo

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
is it true that you die in just one hit until you ~level up~ in the new battlefront?

because if so then lmfao way to screw up rule number one with competitive games

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

PipeRifle posted:

heck yeah I kickstarted this poo poo

it's not the reboot, it's an update of the old one. which is honestly even better, they're doing both

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

i backed it too

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Pinterest Mom posted:

devil survivor oc is good, but its not as good as its sequel in my opinion. dso has a few difficulty spikes that you might find frustrating, but if you like tactics games its very solid. for 10 dollars you can't go wrong. you paid that much for undertale and never played it, so this should be a no brainer!

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Blackula69 posted:

it's not the reboot, it's an update of the old one. which is honestly even better, they're doing both

I am guilty of clicking and not watching, but the good news is that it exists as well as the reboot, heck yeah

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

PipeRifle posted:

I am guilty of clicking and not watching, but the good news is that it exists as well as the reboot, heck yeah

i guess it's for all the people that might not like whatever changes the reboot makes

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Necronomoticon posted:

is the new battlefront gonna be good?

none of the others were why would this one be

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Cat Face Joe posted:

none of the others were why would this one be

shut your drat whore mouth

anyway the new battlefront is in open beta on all platforms this weekend so download it and try it out i guess

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Space-Pope posted:

is it true that you die in just one hit until you ~level up~ in the new battlefront?

because if so then lmfao way to screw up rule number one with competitive games

lol so that's why i was dying almost instantly

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

PipeRifle posted:

yeah, and the update is coming out really soon so you can play it in the meantime. it's rad

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

triple sulk posted:

lol so that's why i was dying almost instantly

its entirely possible that dice accidently set the armor value on the default loadout to -100

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

just wait until it comes out and see what people are saying about gameplay

because any Star Wars game is gonna get a big handicap from anyone willing to tolerate a whole lotta mediocrity for more Star Wars. despite this, there have only been a handful of good Star Wars games lol!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
battlefront feels like if they took out the special powers and interesting guns from destiny and put in boring vehicles. they haven't done ANYTHING interesting with it.

• Locked thread