Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
i just died to pinwheel

twice :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy
trip report: battlefront is not a good game.

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

it's a babby toy for youtubers to play around with.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
while mad at mgs5 i went back to bloodborne and guess what .bloodborne is better than mgs5. by like fuckin miles

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

I'm sick of video games!!!!

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Panty Saluter posted:

i just died to pinwheel

are you playing drum souls?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Necronomoticon posted:

it's astoundingly bad, op

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Panty Saluter posted:

i just died to pinwheel

how

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Necronomoticon posted:

yeah this, no depth at all. hit max level and got bored.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 366 days!

Panty Saluter posted:

i just died to pinwheel

are you doing a sl1 bare-fists-only run or smth

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

she's pretty cute

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Sudo Echo posted:

yeah this, no depth at all. hit max level and got bored.

its truly astounding how bad it is. like they had to actively try to gently caress it up.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I am just saddened by the pushback, it is a fun game, I hate to see people tank it for nothing

I am saddened, truely saddened, by haters like this guy who just want to ruin a video game for everybody else:

triple sulk posted:

its truly astounding how bad it is. like they had to actively try to gently caress it up.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it is actually a very bad game though

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

if you go down there right after bumping off capra demon (like you probably were intended to) you might not be able to completely stomp him before he gets his game face on and starts dealing some respectable damage

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Probably buying a ps4 tomorrow

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Shaggar posted:

when bf4 first started the vehicle balance (especially the little bird) was pretty much perfect. a lone pilot in a little bird would get owned by stingers unless they were really loving good but a little bird w/ 2 engineers could survive a lot of stuff while shooting rockets out of every orifice. It was balanced around team play.

to be fair early on if you had 2 coordinated engineers and a good pilot in a little bird you were basically untouchable. i know because i was one of those fuckers and with a squad of 4 (1 pilot, 2 repair/rocket engies, 1 guy on the ground in a jeep capturing poo poo) in mumble you could basically completely shut down an enemy team of up to 32 players. i mean it was pretty sweet that using teamwork was rewarded to such an extent but between ECM, two guys with repair torches and using terrain to block missile locks you could basically live forever, and the upgraded miniguns were essentially one hit kills. with enough splash damage to hit dudes hiding behind walls. there was simply no counter, you could shrug off even 4 coordinated stinger strikes and be back 10 seconds later, damage repaired, fully loaded and with countermeasures back up. it was especially insane on the flooded city map, because you could weave in between the buildings so much that nobody could get a lock on you while you just murdered everyone with your cannons. that said it took a lot of skill to be able to fly well enough to maneuver tightly around buildings while maintaining guns on targets.

i stopped playing when the first dlc came out though so knowing dice they probably nerfed it straight through the ground and the only way to play now is as hooah infantry man with an m16.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

good call

what games you gonna pick up

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

no don't

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sQ3HfpDaY6zgqYdBF-qJ1v47R9Ec3X1c40GcAOpNLKw/edit#gid=0

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

has anybody made a yospos community? i would but i'm at work

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Buy a drat clue while you're at it.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Buy a drat clue while you're at it.

is this the new nintendo console?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Aurain posted:

It's important that you watch this webm.
https://d.maxfile.ro/sxbwdcjxok.webm

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Radio Paranoia posted:

has anybody made a yospos community? i would but i'm at work

there are two so go hogwild

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

yeah battlefront is bad

also this trend of assuming you're playing on a large tv a foot away from your face needs to die

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

at the date posted:

I am saddened, truely saddened, by haters like this guy who just want to ruin a video game for everybody else:

:qq: STAR WARSSSS :qq:

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

When Steve Jobs died it wasn't the first job I'd lost that week.

Notorious QIG posted:

yeah battlefront is bad

also this trend of assuming you're playing on a large tv a foot away from your face needs to die

What trend is that? I play multiplayer PC games from a recliner so idgi.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Notorious QIG posted:

yeah battlefront is bad

i sit about 5ft away from my 32" and can't see poo poo sometimes when there's tinytext on screen.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

scamtank posted:

if you go down there right after bumping off capra demon (like you probably were intended to)

uh what? doesn't the capra demon drop the key to the door just down the stairs from him that leads to the depths, a way easier area?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

BBJoey posted:

to be fair early on if you had 2 coordinated engineers and a good pilot in a little bird you were basically untouchable. i know because i was one of those fuckers and with a squad of 4 (1 pilot, 2 repair/rocket engies, 1 guy on the ground in a jeep capturing poo poo) in mumble you could basically completely shut down an enemy team of up to 32 players. i mean it was pretty sweet that using teamwork was rewarded to such an extent but between ECM, two guys with repair torches and using terrain to block missile locks you could basically live forever, and the upgraded miniguns were essentially one hit kills. with enough splash damage to hit dudes hiding behind walls. there was simply no counter, you could shrug off even 4 coordinated stinger strikes and be back 10 seconds later, damage repaired, fully loaded and with countermeasures back up. it was especially insane on the flooded city map, because you could weave in between the buildings so much that nobody could get a lock on you while you just murdered everyone with your cannons. that said it took a lot of skill to be able to fly well enough to maneuver tightly around buildings while maintaining guns on targets.

i stopped playing when the first dlc came out though so knowing dice they probably nerfed it straight through the ground and the only way to play now is as hooah infantry man with an m16.

nah the way it works now is a single pilot in a little bird is invincible and destroys everything because they nerfed stingers into uselessness.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Shaggar posted:

nah the way it works now is a single pilot in a little bird is invincible and destroys everything because they nerfed stingers into uselessness.

shaggar was right, mobility kills are pointless and by the time you get a second lock the chopper is out of range

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
even when repair torches still worked on initial release, the first stinger would actually cause mobility damage so your pilot had to be good cause a second stinger was coming really fast and if there were more than 2 engineers on the other team you're probably not gonna make it.

certain maps definitely allowed for more hiding behind buildings but I would say most maps granted pretty open shots for stingers. also the naval strike expac was rad cause it had lost islands which is best map.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
naval strike might be the best xpac, i really love carrier assault

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
final assault or w/e the last one is w/ the hover tanks was cool cause hover tanks

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Radio Paranoia posted:

i sit about 5ft away from my 32" and can't see poo poo sometimes when there's tinytext on screen.

it also doesnt help that in battlefront all the soldiers are wearing white uniforms in the snow. i know that that's what they wore in the movie and that camo is a thing and so on but it makes it loving impossible to see people if your tv isnt big enough

also i know the original games didn't have it but ffs why can't we have iron sights, those things are popular for a reason

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
why would you be playing it on a tv?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Shaggar posted:

wait hold on they nerfed stingers?

ok gonna have to lie down for a bit now

also i stopped playing right before naval assault dropped, sounds like i hosed up good

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
little birds and tanks are pretty much unkillable in the hands of a good pilot. especially if the tank and the little bird work as a team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Necronomoticon posted:

is the new battlefront gonna be good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeK10F6iA8E

• Locked thread