Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toady
Jan 12, 2009

sweet digital blasphemy wallpaper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

OS X is good.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Puppy Galaxy posted:

OS X is good.

10.11 is ftw

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
timb, my body is ready. release the Skylake MBP with retina display.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

10.11 is extremely good.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

THC posted:

10.11 is extremely good.

yes

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

THC posted:

10.11 is extremely good.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

"hey siri" doesn't work for me in the car anymore. it was fine on the 5. i think it's because it learns your voice and i set it up in a quiet room. cool

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
you have to turn it on again in Siri settings

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
I LIKE HOW elcrap turns off the threefinger tap to lookup

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Wild EEPROM posted:

you have to turn it on again in Siri settings

i never turned it off? it works in a quiet room but it doesn't recognize my voice in my car.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

graph posted:

I LIKE HOW elcrap turns off the threefinger tap to lookup
i noticed that. was worried they made it a force-touch feature. but you can turn it back on thankfully

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

i was in the apple store yesterday and the GENIUS running useless diagnostics on my phone that just needed the camera cleaned because it was dusty tried to sell me on the watch

everyone in the store had one because they got some deal on them. cool job apple, go capitalism

anyway the best reason she had for owning one is because it told her where in the store to be and when to be there, and she could read messages while talking to customers instead of ignoring a buzz in her pocket

i'm jim cramer screaming 'SELL SELL SELL'

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

apple customer service reps in store are saints though, every other person in line had no appointment and when told it was a 90 minute wait couldn't stop talking about how ridiculous it was and they spent X amount of money, then were walked through making an appointment

SoHo store ftl

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

anyway that's my apple store experience, vote bernie

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

thanks for sharing. i just might vote for bernie now

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
actually the watch is great. sometimes I forget to put it on in the morning and then I'm annoyed all day at having to pull my phone out of my pocket to look at notifications or my calendar.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

i was in the apple store yesterday and the GENIUS running useless diagnostics on my phone that just needed the camera cleaned because it was dusty tried to sell me on the watch
Can you get them to open up your phone and clean out the lens? How much do they charge? I've got a bunch of crud that's worked its way back inside my 5S and it bugs me

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Linguica posted:

Can you get them to open up your phone and clean out the lens? How much do they charge? I've got a bunch of crud that's worked its way back inside my 5S and it bugs me
the invoice says "camera, iphone 6 plus" and the cost is $59. it was under warranty and free; i dunno if they replaced the camera or cleaned it.

i cleaned my old 5's camera a couple times, but was never terribly successful; it was filthy from a woodshop. i also used the precise tools of a q-tip and isopropyl alcohol

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

1% market share per year, 85 years to go baby

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

i also used the precise tools of a q-tip and isopropyl alcohol
Yeah I did the same thing once with my 5S but I'm wary to try and do it again after experiencing the fun of trying to disconnect / reconnect all the miniscule internal ribbons. But $60? Ehhhhhhhh

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

THC posted:

10.11 is extremely good.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

apple customer service reps in store are saints though, every other person in line had no appointment and when told it was a 90 minute wait couldn't stop talking about how ridiculous it was and they spent X amount of money, then were walked through making an appointment

SoHo store ftl

soho is where all the awful dumb people go for service. pro move is uws or at least 14th st

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

LOL elon musk interview

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

holy loving poo poo i cant wait until apple destroys him

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

i honestly cant even believe he would say this in public lmao

tim is going to have this quote up in a keynote in 5 years. this is elon's ballmer laughing at iphone or palm guy's "PC guys arent just going to walk in" moment. incredible. its like he doesnt have any PR people

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
hmm, no my money's on elon here

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

also insulting former employees lmao. great way to motivate the apple car team

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

really hope that everyone working at apple sees his comments, its the kind of thing that can focus and bring an organization together. the perfect enemy. like stebe's "they're trying to kill us, but we won't let them" about google

still cant believe he said this, its just incredible. this shows u how afraid he is, shook by a car that apple hasnt even acknowledged and wont be here for another 5 years LOL

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

also we wont see dumb hot takes about how apple should buy tesla anymore

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
apple should buy tesla, but i doubt musk would sell.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Oh Lord smythe I call upon thee to smite the infidel cremnob for 6 hours

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Stringent posted:

apple should buy tesla, but i doubt musk would sell.

lol

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

cremnob posted:

LOL elon musk interview

he's correct. Also lol @ the watch.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Apple car is a dumb idea and I don't believe it

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Tesla makes awesome cars and even if Apple made a car I would still get a tesla.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

i still cant get over how perfect a gently caress up this is

the foxconn mention is the best part cause tesla is already heading down the path where they could literally be the foxconn to apple with their gigafactory. they'll get dumpstered like samsung has been and end up pumping out batteries instead of finished cars. an ignominious end for a garbage company

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

ban crenmob

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

• Locked thread