Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'm not an atheist and I am also good at mafia

e: hello top of the page I am opening a game soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

EccoRaven posted:

ok not exclusively atheists

maybe just non JWs or whoever does all that tongue speaking

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

EccoRaven posted:

You didn't join my game :smith:

you said it was a pro-join

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Someone Awful! posted:

it's like speaking in tongues but for atheists

mafia.txt

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

SirSamVimes posted:

You didn't join my game :smith:

you said it was a pro-join

it is pro-join but not pro-ecco.

no game is pro-ecco, not even I am pro-ecco.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

BottleKnight posted:

I need a replacement for my temple game. You will not have a partner. your partner ded

It is only d2.

you mean the one I signed up as a replacement for..!!!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

GulagDolls posted:

you mean the one I signed up as a replacement for..!!!

yeah. you're in it now. just post normally

also thank you!!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Owned by a puffball

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
atheism is neat.

dick dorkins

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Little Mac posted:

stop buying apple products

Actually buy lots of apple products all the time, my mom's made like $20k investing in apple stock

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
i like honey crisp apples

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

uranus posted:

i have a bunch of these in my fridge right now and they are quite good

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

uranus posted:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Is there a good way to stop being friends with a person when the feeling is not mutual?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

We cannot be best friends anymore, as you were previously vaccinated.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Is there a good way to stop being friends with a person when the feeling is not mutual?

GOING GHOST...!!!!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Yeah just not calling is what I usually do. As it is any of our last meetings were initiated by me so I guess the ball is in her court to see if she wants to hang out and don't think she'll call or if she does it'll be in a long while so it should be ok.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Unless you guys are involved in some kind of an organization together/live in the same building or something the default is drifting apart. idk what to do if she calls and sets stuff up though, but I've never felt motivated to totally ghost out on a friend before.

I did totally ghost out of an okcupid thing after a first date though, but that had a few mitigating circumstances~

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Power of Pecota posted:

Unless you guys are involved in some kind of an organization together/live in the same building or something the default is drifting apart. idk what to do if she calls and sets stuff up though, but I've never felt motivated to totally ghost out on a friend before.

I did totally ghost out of an okcupid thing after a first date though, but that had a few mitigating circumstances~

We don't. We met at the library that I worked at and she does live like 5 minutes away on foot, but I don't think I'd cross her path on a day to day basis. If she called I wouldn't bail. I suppose rare/infrequent communication is good enough, it's clear she needs someone to gripe to, but she's not someone I see in my inner circle. I hope that doesn't seem too cold.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I find that very few people are worth telling you don't want to be friends anymore. Otoh there aren't that many people I wouldn't even bother to give some of my time to every now and again. Just make sure to only do what you're comfortable with and if it becomes uncomfortable, body language is a very very useful tool.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Quidnose posted:

SA is no longer blocked on my work computer.

SO MUCH FOR TEACHING ANYTHING
Be careful dear Quidnose~

With how weird all my schools' internet use policies have been I've always assumed finding a teacher browsing Something Awful would lead to no job.

Schools are so weirdly conservative and rule based, it's one of the worst things about working there.

NO DRINKS ON YOUR BREAK OR YOU'RE FIRED!!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I think my favorite was the contract that forbid flirting on your personal phone while at work. :sparkles:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

yuming posted:

I think my favorite was the contract that forbid flirting on your personal phone while at work. :sparkles:

I hope they defined it in excruciating detail.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Who are the most intense, posty, try-hard scumhunters actively playing these days? Praise them here.

merk led the scum to a well-earned victory in Slack Mafia, by making persuasive cases.
Colonel Corazon was quiet at the beginning of Mad Max Fury Road, but then busted out a bunch of huge analysis posts.
King Burgundy played a wise game in Planescape.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Lumpen posted:

Who are the most intense, posty, try-hard scumhunters actively playing these days? Praise them here.

imgay is the bomb

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk and nobody else is close.

There was a time where I would have included Ninth or yuming here, though.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Lumpen posted:

im the loving best

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm awesome at hunting scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

merk and nobody else is close.

There was a time where I would have included Ninth or yuming here, though.

Yeah pretty much, although you also put in a mighty effort, Diqnol.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
*clears throat*

ahem..

:yikes:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

I'm awesome at hunting scum.

Kumbamontu posted:

*clears throat*

ahem..

:yikes:

:smugwizard:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

TMM is a tryhard, can't say anything about his results.

soscannonballs is the best mafia player but doesn't play often and when he does play he's not posty mcposter, he just posts well.

MMT is pretty active and enjoys getting into to stuff and thinking about it. She has a sharp intuition.

Diqnol posts a fair bit but his style disagrees with some people

Somber is more of both of those things I just mentioned but he doesn't play anymore I think?

Asiina is solid poster with a lot of activity, casework and a general good player

BottleKnight usually is pretty active? I can't remember playing with him recently but I remember him being an effort guy.

MC Eating Disorder is hilarious and fun. Can't really speak to his quality as I haven't played with him in a bit but I was in one of his first games and he was a effort guy.

Flatluigi doesn't play anymore I guess but he single handed played taste's 120 person game basically, which is quite the feat. Some people say he's a knob but he seems absolutely fine to me.

Fiery Valkyrie is good. I think sometimes she can get a busy with out if thread stuff but she's very straightforward with how she goes about mafia. Logic first, case case case. Not as active as some others.

My break's done i could probably list more later though.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

LUTR posts a lot and is fierce as well

Also I'm still convinced Hal is one of the best posters with strong reading, but he has a reputation for not posting enough.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The amount of effort I put into casing is less than you might expect. I am a long-time advocate of "the 15 minute case" and proved in a couple games that it works. It should never take you longer than 15 minutes to build a case on someone, regardless of game size.

When I spend time building a case it might sound like there is a ton of effort behind it because I focus more on persuading the reader to believe it's a great case than the merits of the case itself.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

The amount of effort I put into casing is less than you might expect. I am a long-time advocate of "the 15 minute case" and proved in a couple games that it works. It should never take you longer than 15 minutes to build a case on someone, regardless of game size.

When I spend time building a case it might sound like there is a ton of effort behind it because I focus more on persuading the reader to believe it's a great case than the merits of the case itself.

Well maybe for a lawyer but I'm just some schlub who has smoked a lot of :420: and often gets distracted by shiny objects.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

TMM is a tryhard, can't say anything about his results.

soscannonballs is the best mafia player but doesn't play often and when he does play he's not posty mcposter, he just posts well.

MMT is pretty active and enjoys getting into to stuff and thinking about it. She has a sharp intuition.

Diqnol posts a fair bit but his style disagrees with some people

Somber is more of both of those things I just mentioned but he doesn't play anymore I think?

Asiina is solid poster with a lot of activity, casework and a general good player

BottleKnight usually is pretty active? I can't remember playing with him recently but I remember him being an effort guy.

MC Eating Disorder is hilarious and fun. Can't really speak to his quality as I haven't played with him in a bit but I was in one of his first games and he was a effort guy.

Flatluigi doesn't play anymore I guess but he single handed played taste's 120 person game basically, which is quite the feat. Some people say he's a knob but he seems absolutely fine to me.

Fiery Valkyrie is good. I think sometimes she can get a busy with out if thread stuff but she's very straightforward with how she goes about mafia. Logic first, case case case. Not as active as some others.

My break's done i could probably list more later though.

Dragnix is the highest effort player I've ever seen on the forums. soru invented the term and equation to determine a "Dragnixity," which is a player's content frequency.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

WIZARDS MAFIA II has ended!

* [http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744083 Wizards Mafia II: Return to the Ivory Tower] - Evil (Mafia) victory. Hosted by Captain Foo.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Trying hard is for chumps. Most mafia players are turned off by effort cases, you're more likely to get what you want from being assertive with succinct cases.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
People who make big long effort cases are scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Kashuno posted:

People who make cases are scum.