Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

1st AD posted:

Yes, but KK is not as good as Joanna and Randa is not as good as Esparza. So I think Randa will get takedowns and maintain top position for a bit, and I think Karolina will light her up a bunch and defend a few takedowns. I don't think either will finish the other, but I think Karolina wins it despite looking vulnerable in spots.

I don't see the similarity. Esparza is a midget with a bad double and no plan B. Randa has a solid ground game and some weird submissions. She also seems to know what a punch is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Snowman_McK posted:

I don't see the similarity. Esparza is a midget with a bad double and no plan B. Randa has a solid ground game and some weird submissions. She also seems to know what a punch is.

Esparza has a better double than Randa. Carla's top game is about as good as Randa's from what I can, but they don't have a ton of common opponents for me to say for sure. I could be full of poo poo here.

Also Randa's punching is just as bad as Carla's. Defense is equally as bad.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

1st AD posted:

Esparza has a better double than Randa. Carla's top game is about as good as Randa's from what I can, but they don't have a ton of common opponents for me to say for sure. I could be full of poo poo here.

Also Randa's punching is just as bad as Carla's. Defense is equally as bad.

Honestly, they've got different enough games that I thought it was really strange to directly compare them. Carla's more like pre-knockout Chad Mendes without the athleticism or sultry sex appeal. She has a double and absolutely nothing else.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Who?

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

vainman posted:

WMMA sucks
I feel this important point from a few pages ago was overlooked.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Dza posted:

I feel this important point from a few pages ago was overlooked.

All fights and fighters suck until they don't suck.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The Robbie Lawler Postulate

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
It's been a while since we had a reminder, but Robbie Lawler is the UFC Welterweight champion.

Snowman_McK fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Oct 9, 2015

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Robbie Lawler becomes champ. Nick Diaz gets insane nonsense suspension. UFC known Lawler boosters... Follow the money... Follow the money... :lron:

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

How many more years does Sage Northcutt's face stay pretty.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

0 unless he gets rid of that hairdo

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Orlando tickets go on sale next week, right?

Mr. Nice!, you're in again, yeah?

Anyone else wanna join up? I am down to spend decent money for not-quite floor level seats.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

LobsterMobster posted:

Anyone else wanna join up? I am down to spend decent money for not-quite floor level seats.

I'm not too far from Orlando, that's tempting.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

LobsterMobster posted:

gently caress yeah I'm down. Similar seats to last time. Those were loving amazing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Cuckoo posted:

I'm not too far from Orlando, that's tempting.

Last time LM, Dangersim, and I all went. I got drunk and yelled a lot. The fights were all amazing and I actually can hear myself yelling in the background on the broadcast.

Plus we ended up on TV because we were wearing papahkas and waving a dagastani flag.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Mr. Nice! posted:

Last time LM, Dangersim, and I all went. I got drunk and yelled a lot. The fights were all amazing and I actually can hear myself yelling in the background on the broadcast.

Plus we ended up on TV because we were wearing papahkas and waving a dagastani flag.

Haha that's awesome. What's it typically cost?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Cuckoo posted:

Haha that's awesome. What's it typically cost?

I think it was around $170 a ticket. Our seats were in the first couple of rows of the first elevated section above the floor seats. That meant we were just above the cage looking in at most of the action. It had a much better view than the floor seats right in front of it. I got a picture with Cleatus the fox sports robot and if I hadn't been stupid drunk all night we could have went and partied with Khabib's crew because every russian in that place gravitated towards our war hats.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think it was around $170 a ticket. Our seats were in the first couple of rows of the first elevated section above the floor seats. That meant we were just above the cage looking in at most of the action. It had a much better view than the floor seats right in front of it. I got a picture with Cleatus the fox sports robot and if I hadn't been stupid drunk all night we could have went and partied with Khabib's crew because every russian in that place gravitated towards our war hats.

Every drunk non-Russian thought you were Khabib.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Was that the Trujillo fight?

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

Sage Northcutt on his MMA hero:

“I like Georges St-Pierre a lot...He’s ripped; he’s lean. He’s a fighter I’ve looked up to and watched since I was little, growing up.”

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

threeagainstfour posted:

How many more years does Sage Northcutt's face stay pretty.

He gonna look like Joe Riggs in under a decade.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Cyber Dog posted:

“I like Georges St-Pierre a lot...He’s ripped; he’s lean. He’s a fighter I’ve looked up to and watched since I was little, growing up.”

He just makes writing this fan fic so easy.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Was that the Trujillo fight?

RDA

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
It was cool to see RDA thoroughly outgrappled. Then when he did his typical 3rd round gas out Khabib really started beating the poo poo out of him on the ground.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Cyber Dog posted:

Zoom Out

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Cyber Dog posted:

I've got a scoop for him if he's leaning that way

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I had no idea! Huh. Most places I've trained made their real money off of amatures and basically used their pros as promotion. I wonder what their gym fees are like to support a pros only business.

They usually take a percentage of your purse AFAIK.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
iirc Elevation Training is heavily sponsored by MusclePharm

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
I can't tell what is real or fake drama in MMA anymore.
On TAM's podcast Faber talked poo poo about TJ, TJ's new team, TJ's manager, etc.
He said that TJ often hurt other training partners, his manager tried to recruit other TAM members to team Elevation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtYCjoldkys

e: don't know how to set up the time t=1h20m20s

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I can't tell what is real or fake drama in MMA anymore.
On TAM's podcast Faber talked poo poo about TJ, TJ's new team, TJ's manager, etc.
He said that TJ often hurt other training partners, his manager tried to recruit other TAM members to team Elevation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtYCjoldkys

e: don't know how to set up the time t=1h20m20s

It's no wonder he and Bang don't get along. They both love the sound of their own voice.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
lol they start the podcast with shirts on and they're off by the end.

e- They took them off at the exact same time. Sweaty shirtless peer pressure

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Seltzer posted:

lol they start the podcast with shirts on and they're off by the end.

I wouldn't have a Team Alpha Male podcast any other way.

I'm not done listening but Faber basically says that TJ got paid peanuts to go train over at Team Elevation. Or as he put it, "if you mowed lawns for a whole summer you would get the same amount of money." This whole thing seems weird to me.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

fatherdog posted:

iirc Elevation Training is heavily sponsored by MusclePharm

isn't Elevation where MusclePharm does all their field trials for products? I vaguely remember something about that.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
TJ went to become an overseer at the Muscle Pharm, a morally questionable decision.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
I'm just now noticing "MusclePharm" is about as sketchy a name for a company as "RoidCo".

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Their banana flavored protein powder tastes great though.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

El Roncho posted:

I'm just now noticing "MusclePharm" is about as sketchy a name for a company as "RoidCo".

Yeah I'm having a hard time believing they're not actually the bad guy team from an Italian Rocky knock-off that I've never seen but totally want to.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah it was like 170 and those seats loving ruled. Unfortunately I just moved back to jersey otherwise I would be down

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Apparently Ludwig called Faber and told him he had nothing to do with all this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

El Roncho posted:

"Vitor Belfort's testatorium"

• Locked thread