Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Eau de MacGowan posted:

well then why the gently caress didn't she speak english right away to pequod?

fake science is bullshit!!!

Because it would kill her. She suicided for her love. Or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Eau de MacGowan posted:

I mean, it's still going to kill HER, which is usually enough to make someone hesitate

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
hmm

I think the only code talker tapes I paid attention to was the one with skullface loving around with the bell and the burger quest

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Because she had to choose love or revenge, and in the end she put down her gun, just like The Boss did

BurnBlackJay
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
QUITE'S A loving RETARD FOOL BIRDS DOESN'T RHYME WHIT WORDS

BurnBlackJay
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Or does it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Yes

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
She's got something in her throat
She needs to be alone
While she sufffffffffffeeeeeeeeers

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NeverBeGameOver/comments/3nxa7f/nuclear_cutscene_requirements_in_lua_indepth/

they figured out how the nuke cutscene unlocks, with evidence and as guessed, the game is waiting for a counter from the internet to return a value of 0 but at the moment it is returning -1 which means the cutscene is waiting on konami/whoever to turn it on which means its through an fob event. its also explains making nukes online only as of the last patch, to avoid the hacking and the other resources (they count and show up in the cutscene and are also part of the online combat deployment in case anyone was wondering why it all got split)

the guy even changed the returning value to 0 and triggered the full cutscene as its meant to (rather than the old method of modding it) and got the monument as a reward on his motherbase. (screenshots in the link)

it looks like you can trigger the cutscene many times and that is not every nuke in the world, it seems to be all the nukes in your pf/ranking group and only during the event, whenever that will be. considering they've just starting doing them it will probably be a little while longer, i doubt it will be the next one.

so at least we know now. also it doesn't unlock any chapter 3 title card either as predicted, so if that really isnt just left over cut stuff then its dlc we'll get at some point and konami have been tweeting we haven't seen everything and there is more to come, but that just reads like they are talking about the nuke cutscene/events and mgo3.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Oct 8, 2015

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So basically it's a FOB event thing. That's kinda cool.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
copulate

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

bilagaaana?

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

wolbachia.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
dine

How do you get the little accent mark?

I hosed this all up

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
hmm, entering my name as gently caress FACE sure made that postcard they gave to a dude they kept in a coma and brainwashed for nine years seem pretty insulting

I don't know if Big Boss will get through customs either

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Eau de MacGowan posted:

hmm, entering my name as gently caress FACE sure made that postcard they gave to a dude they kept in a coma and brainwashed for nine years seem pretty insulting

I don't know if Big Boss will get through customs either

Dear BROTHER it is I gently caress FACE! Together we shall be *dramatic pause* SKULL gently caress! DUN DUN DUN!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fart Sandwiches posted:

dine

How do you get the little accent mark?

I hosed this all up

hold alt gr when pressing a vowel

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
:ocelot:

In It For The Tank posted:

She needs to be alone

I appreciate this.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

In It For The Tank posted:

She needs to be alone

I have a suspicion that Kojima just listens to songs and makes game content based around them

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Ekusukariba posted:

I have a suspicion that Kojima just listens to songs and makes game content based around them

That is not the original lyric. However, I think you might be right in general.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MGS 4's finale was definitely written so that he could have Here's To You play and his team veto'ing his original ending probably left him down for months.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Konami is going to sell a DLC for 39.99 that adds to the end of Metal Gear IV in which an old quiet, still wearing the same skimp walks up and shoots Solid in the face after the Arlington scene.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

Ekusukariba posted:

The lyrics to Gloria make almost perfect sense if you just replace her name with "Venom Snake".

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Listen to the lyrics of not your kind of people again

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Are you kidding me? What will actually happen is that Old Quiet will make out with "dead" Big Boss and the super-wolbachia that she has been breeding inside her will neutralize the foxdie and parasites will bring him back to life.

edit: have we already talked about how TPP doesn't stand for The Phantom Pain, it stands for Trans-Pacific Partnership, and it's the ultimate evolution of the S3 project, which didn't stand for Solid Snake Simulation but instead stood for Selection for Social Sanity?

The real TPP is created by the Patriots as a further step to control and shape public knowledge.

Snak fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 9, 2015

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Snak posted:

Are you kidding me? What will actually happen is that Old Quiet will make out with "dead" Big Boss and the super-wolbachia that she has been breeding inside her will neutralize the foxdie and parasites will bring him back to life.
And then she'll be like "Wait a second, you're not Venom Snake!" and the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme starts up.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Bacontotem posted:

Konami is going to sell a DLC for 39.99 that adds to the end of Metal Gear IV in which an old quiet, still wearing the same skimp walks up and shoots Solid in the face after the Arlington scene.

when you think about it konami just spent $100mil so Kojima could explain why big boss shows up at the end of MGS4, so they probably deserve the money

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Eau de MacGowan posted:

when you think about it konami just spent $100mil so Kojima could explain why big boss shows up at the end of MGS4, so they probably deserve the money

It doesn't even do that because the real Big Boss still got toasted by Snake at the end of MG2. The actual reason given is that they cannibalised a load of skin from Liquid and Solidus's corpses to patch up his massive burn wounds over a decade after he received them

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

A Steampunk Gent posted:

It doesn't even do that because the real Big Boss still got toasted by Snake at the end of MG2. The actual reason given is that they cannibalised a load of skin from Liquid and Solidus's corpses to patch up his massive burn wounds over a decade after he received them

In a universe with both nano-machines and skin-replacing parasites, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Snak posted:

In a universe with both nano-machines and skin-replacing parasites, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Its' cool.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Is this a typo, or are you trying to break my brain? Some sort of... double-possessive?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

They're are very few things in the Metal Gear games that I dont find cool .. I guess most of them are in MGS4.

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011

Vikar Jerome posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NeverBeGameOver/comments/3nxa7f/nuclear_cutscene_requirements_in_lua_indepth/

they figured out how the nuke cutscene unlocks, with evidence and as guessed, the game is waiting for a counter from the internet to return a value of 0 but at the moment it is returning -1 which means the cutscene is waiting on konami/whoever to turn it on which means its through an fob event. its also explains making nukes online only as of the last patch, to avoid the hacking and the other resources (they count and show up in the cutscene and are also part of the online combat deployment in case anyone was wondering why it all got split)

the guy even changed the returning value to 0 and triggered the full cutscene as its meant to (rather than the old method of modding it) and got the monument as a reward on his motherbase. (screenshots in the link)

it looks like you can trigger the cutscene many times and that is not every nuke in the world, it seems to be all the nukes in your pf/ranking group and only during the event, whenever that will be. considering they've just starting doing them it will probably be a little while longer, i doubt it will be the next one.

so at least we know now. also it doesn't unlock any chapter 3 title card either as predicted, so if that really isnt just left over cut stuff then its dlc we'll get at some point and konami have been tweeting we haven't seen everything and there is more to come, but that just reads like they are talking about the nuke cutscene/events and mgo3.

Now if they'd actually get the "nuclear equipped targets" tab to freaking work already, spent 15 minutes browsing randoms without a single one showing up. Then again that's gotta be a sign that there's not many left..

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
Head's up: There's a bug or something that's leaving people in the red on GMP for no reason. I would be among the majority of people I've presented the issue to and assume it was an FOB expense, but my FOBs are only 691600 GMP together and I went from about 1.5 mil to about -275 mil. That math don't fuckin' work out, and some of the others to report the issue haven't even unlocked FOBs yet. I know at least one other goon has experienced this--it seems to only affect folks after the update from 10/6 and for me, the loss occured when I switched back to single player from MGO. Even better, I had literally just gone against my better judgement and spent half the base game's cost on microtransaction stuff. Even better? I've since got my GMP back in the black and I still have staffers walking and my morale dropping.

Oh, and all empirical evidence points to Konami's customer service being intentionally difficult to connect with and get to work with you. I know they won't do poo poo about the issue even if they could, but I really wanted to yell my mind into their ear. That said, when I finally did get a tech, my call was dropped right after they said they'd open an investigation and right before I could give them any information.

Terra-da-loo! fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Oct 9, 2015

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

net cafe scandal posted:

They're are very few things in the Metal Gear games that I dont find cool .. I guess most of them are in MGS4.

Your grammar/punctuation trolling not withstanding, I agree with the first part.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Snak posted:

Your grammar/punctuation trolling not withstanding, I agree with the first part.

have a chill pill dude.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

Zombie Raptor posted:

Head's up: There's a bug or something that's leaving people in the red on GMP for no reason. I would be among the majority of people I've presented the issue to and assume it was an FOB expense, but my FOBs are only 691600 GMP together and I went from about 1.5 mil to about -275 mil. That math don't fuckin' work out, and some of the others to report the issue haven't even unlocked FOBs yet. I know at least one other goon has experienced this--it seems to only affect folks after the update from 10/6 and for me, the loss occured when I switched back to single player from MGO. Even better, I had literally just gone against my better judgement and spent half the base game's cost on microtransaction stuff. Even better? I've since got my GMP back in the black and I still have staffers walking and my morale dropping.

Oh, and all empirical evidence points to Konami's customer service being intentionally difficult to connect with and get to work with you. I know they won't do poo poo about the issue even if they could, but I really wanted to yell my mind into their ear. That said, when I finally did get a tech, my call was dropped right after they said they'd open an investigation and right before I could give them any information.

Holy gently caress my GMP just got in the red as well. I quickly turned the game off and severed the internet connection. I'll see if that works.
EDIT: It didn't work, so I just sold a bunch of my resources. What the hell hapaned?

NeilPerry fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Oct 9, 2015

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

NeilPerry posted:

Holy gently caress my GMP just got in the red as well. I quickly turned the game off and severed the internet connection. I'll see if that works.
EDIT: It didn't work, so I just sold a bunch of my resources. What the hell hapaned?

I seriously wish I could tell you. I have emailed Konami support about it since phoning was a bunch of repeated dead ends, and in the email I made it clear that I knew they wouldn't/couldn't do anything to recoup my losses, but at the least I thought their consumers deserved to know what's going on/how to avoid it if there isn't a quick fix.

I wound up losing a good chunk of resources as well and have been trying to steal and sell off vehicles for GMP but the patch that seems to have caused this issue also made it so you can only have six vehicles that you can sell at once, making that process more difficult. I did stop losing staffers, it seems, but that's after I-don't-know-how-many (probably around 20-25?) left.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Man the second ending to this game is really dumb. You spend 30 minutes in a tense fight, fending off choppers, APCs, and some kind of magic tanks that kill Snake in one hit and then ... Snake gets bit by a cobra while hiding behind a rock from a single soldier. What the gently caress was the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

notZaar posted:

Man the second ending to this game is really dumb. You spend 30 minutes in a tense fight, fending off choppers, APCs, and some kind of magic tanks that kill Snake in one hit and then ... Snake gets bit by a cobra while hiding behind a rock from a single soldier. What the gently caress was the point.

Dramatic irony?

• Locked thread