Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grizzlegrax
Mar 21, 2013

:ghost: Bustin' Makes Me :ghost:
:ghost: Feel Good
:ghost:

CelticPredator posted:

Well, enjoy 20 minutes of this garbage

I went two minutes and gave up. Your impressions aren't too bad, however.
I have a dumb idea for a story and would be totally down with giving you a whole five American dollars if you read it for the collective amusement of the thread.

You game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Of course.

Grizzlegrax
Mar 21, 2013

:ghost: Bustin' Makes Me :ghost:
:ghost: Feel Good
:ghost:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Mr. Meeseeks, make this thread tolerable for the next year

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

OOOOH WE'RE TRYING!!!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Steve Yun posted:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

A fairly apt representation of the thread, hell, most threads.

Post more things to watch or look at thread, that's the only way to stay sane!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_IHi3u7b8w

pookerbug
Jan 21, 2006

the vitreous humourist
Should I mention that the health-bot clearly said that the pills were complimentary or would that just make things worse?

pookerbug fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 9, 2015

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
"compliments of". And the next thing it says is "your debt is...".

You could argue that means it's free and that was his pre-GalFed debt converted to credits but then I would hate you.

So yes.

pookerbug
Jan 21, 2006

the vitreous humourist

spoon0042 posted:

"compliments of". And the next thing it says is "your debt is...".

You could argue that means it's free and that was his pre-GalFed debt converted to credits but then I would hate you.

So yes.

Not arguing. Just poking fun at the people who are. My assumption was that the gag is meant to be taken at face-value and that that taking the pills are what put him into debt. The "compliments of" was likely an oversight or part of the joke. Maybe it was actually "complements of".

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dolash posted:

What's to say this Rick is the only Rick that got nabbed by the Federation, rather than the majority (or even all) getting nabbed by their own universe's galactic federation in much the same way?

Safety in numbers mostly

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

pookerbug posted:

Should I mention that the health-bot clearly said that the pills were complimentary or would that just make things worse?

It won't be resolved until I go to the comic con R&M thing next year to ask Roiland personally. it will cost thousands but sometimes thats the price you pay to be right on the internet.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

It won't be resolved until I go to the comic con R&M thing next year to ask Roiland personally. it will cost thousands but sometimes thats the price you pay to be right on the internet.

You need to ask him if Mr. Poopybutthole is a parasite who learned to love Rick and became real through the power of friendship

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

FireWorksWell posted:

You need to ask him if Mr. Poopybutthole is a parasite who learned to love Rick and became real through the power of friendship

If that were true sleepy Gary would be real too.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I'd argue that Sleepy Gary was converted to real for at least a portion of the episode, but upon Rick learning how close he was with Jerry, reverted back to a parasite. remember rick knows he is in a TV show and can most likely manipulate reality. see: choreographed dance

moot4king
Oct 9, 2012
Pillbug

CelticPredator posted:

Well, enjoy 20 minutes of this garbage.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ozT5fBcWkr
Thank you for the quality burps and smooching

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

I'd argue that Sleepy Gary was converted to real for at least a portion of the episode, but upon Rick learning how close he was with Jerry, reverted back to a parasite. remember rick knows he is in a TV show and can most likely manipulate reality. see: choreographed dance

I thought that it was more "Sleepy Gary needed to justify his presence, and Jerry couldn't be Beth's wife since everyone else was so happy so they needed to rearrange the family dynamic".

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I would say it would be more true for Pencilvester (Pensylvester?)

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
If Rick could make parasites real/fake then Pensylvester would be real. Idiots.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

MasterSlowPoke posted:

If Rick could make parasites real/fake then Pensylvester would be real. Idiots.

I mean, just listen to that name!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I think my favorite running joke in the series is the Doctor Hierarchy. Human Doctor is best, Horse Doctor is way below that, but still above Deer Doctor and Snake Doctor, although Snake Doctors would argue that point.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
More screaming sun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXwRhcidEu4

I don't think I'll ever stop finding these funny, unless they're poorly done maybe.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Brightman posted:

More screaming sun!

I don't think I'll ever stop finding these funny, unless they're poorly done maybe.

:perfect:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Brightman posted:

I can see myself enjoying a few more good ones until it gets old, but I am sure the kinds of people who ran "The Cake is a Lie!" and every Monty Python joke into the ground will also run this into the ground.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I wanted to hear hurt by Johnny Cash

oh no the comments

oh no

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Brightman posted:

More screaming sun!

Closed Captions make this for me.

Also, I never knew you could kill that thing. Can you seriously do it in the real game? :psyduck:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Guy A. Person posted:

I can see myself enjoying a few more good ones until it gets old, but I am sure the kinds of people who ran "The Cake is a Lie!" and every Monty Python joke into the ground will also run this into the ground.

Yeah, I was probably exaggerating, but that means we have a few months to a year until it gets bad. Then eventually an amazing one will happen and it'll be extra funny in light of all the bad ones.

rydiafan posted:

Closed Captions make this for me.

Also, I never knew you could kill that thing. Can you seriously do it in the real game? :psyduck:

I honestly don't know, I mean that's not the original SMB3 it's Super Mario Bros. All-Stars (I think), and I just don't remember if you could kill it in the original.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

rydiafan posted:

Yep you could, even in the original.

Invuln star, etc. worked on it. Jumping on it would kill you. In the video he kills it with a turtle shell, which also works. I can't remember if Fireballs could kill it; I don't think they could.

Also much like the cloud spikey spawner (not exactly a Mario expert on names unfortunately) I am 99% sure it would respawn if you hung out for too long on the map after you killed it.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Oct 9, 2015

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Blazing Ownager posted:

Yep you could, even in the original.

Invuln star, etc. worked on it. Jumping on it would kill you. In the video he kills it with a turtle shell, which also works. I can't remember if Fireballs could kill it; I don't think they could.

Yeah I think the racoon tail would (although the timing is risky) but I am pretty sure it just absorbs the fireballs like buzzy beetles

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Well, someone (Typical) who worked on the show already said it was the pills putting Jerry in debt, so I think it's pretty much resolved. Moving on.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Last Chance posted:

Well, someone (Typical) who worked on the show already said it was the pills putting Jerry in debt, so I think it's pretty much resolved. Moving on.

actually we have a year to discuss this, friend, maybe longer!~

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Last Chance posted:

no, gently caress that, death of the author and this is the rick and morty thread

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 26 minutes!
I think the second season of Rick and Morty was better than the first.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm rewatching Season 2 and pretty much every episode they vaguely namedrop the Galactic Federation. Kind of reminds me the second season of Deep Space 9, when they were building up the Dominion and ended it with a big reveal and a cliffhanger.

Graveyardstick
Nov 18, 2007

Are you too depressed to finish biting through that piece of toast?
I'm just so so glad that Jerry can't even correctly get a job. So many opportunities probably sprang up now that Earth is all connected to the galactic tourist business, and he loving winds up working for the government that just locked up his father-in-law.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Jerry happily being a cog in the new government and complaining that it's Rick's fault he's unemployed whenever earth is inevitably freed from their control will be very good I am sure

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

There's no reason to assume Jerry's going to be working for the Galactic Federation. Not everybody in the real world who goes to the unemployment office gets a government job.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

rydiafan posted:

There's no reason to assume Jerry's going to be working for the Galactic Federation. Not everybody in the real world who goes to the unemployment office gets a government job.

oh come on, Jerry would fit too perfectly in a hum-drum bureaucratic environment for this not to come to pass

he's a Jerry.

Pong Daddy
Oct 12, 2012
Hungry for Alien Oppression?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Pong Daddy posted:

Hungry for Alien Oppression?

That doesn't even have any words in common with the "Got Fascism" campaign. Totally original!

• Locked thread