Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Theory - Faber and TJ are building towards a title fight with each other and are playing the game very well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

1st AD posted:

Theory - Faber and TJ are building towards a title fight with each other and are playing the game very well.

Yeah they'll be toasting drinks together next year, celebrating Fabers 8th title shot loss. I do hope he beats TJ tho.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Ufc kayfabe

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Dangersim posted:

Apparently Ludwig called Faber and told him he had nothing to do with all this

It makes sense. TJ was already doing half of his camp with Duane for the last Barao fight and neither he nor Faber made a big issue about it at the time. I believe Duane said that while he did want more time with TJ he still got in enough to make sure TJ was ready for the match. My point is that if TJ slowly started spending more time in Colorado and less in Sacramento I don't think there would have been nearly as much drama with the transition, but I'm assuming part of TJ getting paid by Team Elevation was to make it clear & public that he's no longer going to be a Team Alpha Male fighter.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

CommonShore posted:

Ufc kayfabe

Can't wait till the Mandalay Screwjob happens when Dana White yells to the NSAC "RING THE drat BELL" and TJ gets sent packing to WSOF

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
There is going to be soooo much pressure on TJ when he fights Cruz. If he loses he will look like the biggest idiot, leaving the camp that brought you up.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

coconono posted:

isn't Elevation where MusclePharm does all their field trials for products? I vaguely remember something about that.

I think I recall Rampage training there for the fight against Jones. SO MUCH NEON GREEN.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I can't tell what is real or fake drama in MMA anymore.
On TAM's podcast Faber talked poo poo about TJ, TJ's new team, TJ's manager, etc.
He said that TJ often hurt other training partners, his manager tried to recruit other TAM members to team Elevation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtYCjoldkys

e: don't know how to set up the time t=1h20m20s

Henry Cejudo Gold medal drinking game around 1:58 is awesome.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

1st AD posted:

It would be hilarious if McGregor is even trying to help that by the comments he's making in the media. Long shot I know but promoting is promoting.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
How often is the challenger more prominent and impressive on the poster for a title fight?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Fozzy The Bear posted:

There is going to be soooo much pressure on TJ when he fights Cruz. If he loses he will look like the biggest idiot, leaving the camp that brought you up.

There's a lot of pressure on Cruz too. He's returning after another long layoff to fight a guy who took biting his style all the way to the title and who Cruz has been talking poo poo about ever since.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Northjayhawk posted:

How often is the challenger more prominent and impressive on the poster for a title fight?

Diaz vs GSP poster. But that one made more sense thematically as Diaz was supposed to be this wicked force looming over GSP that he finally had to confront.

I saw the RDA vs Cerrone poster earlier and was surprised too but I don't dislike it. It looks good at least. Truthfully they should have saved the composition for RDA vs Khabib since Khabib actually is the dominating force that RDA has to prove himself against to be the undisputed champ. RDA already beat Cerrone.

I suppose the cowboy hat wouldn't have looked as good if it were facing dead-on though.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Jan Blachowicz who lost to Corey Anderson 30-25 recently is now the 15th rank LHW

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

EmmyOk posted:

Jan Blachowicz who lost to Corey Anderson 30-25 recently is now the 15th rank LHW

I saw that. Tom Lawlor - coming off of a win - got pushed out of that top 15 for him, too.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
He lost his previous fight, against Manuwa, as well. He is being ranked for beating Ilir Latifi and losing two in a row.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

https://www.twitch.tv/rampageishuman/v/19800055?t=28m55s

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
What the gently caress. Some loser pushed Filthy Tom out of the top 15?! And Tom is coming off a win over the a ranked LHW. Rankings are goddamn ridiculous.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Rampage : Video Game Streamer Dad is pretty awesome. Whatever happens with his MMA career I hope he sticks around, when he's not unreasonably upset at someone Rampage is a likable guy.

TJ being a douche is not a new thing. He's always been known as an rear end even before he appeared on TUF. He was young and super cocky. He's grown up a bit, but with the success he's had it's no surprise his ego is huge.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

lmao

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
If TJ goes undefeated for the next 15 years his single greatest achievement will still be hogtieing Brian Caraway and making him cry on national TV

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

vainman posted:

If TJ goes undefeated for the next 15 years his single greatest achievement will still be hogtieing Brian Caraway and making him cry on national TV

that was another dude that got hogtied. Caraway was the guy who got real mad when Akira shaved part of his head.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Northjayhawk posted:

That isn't so surprising a design. RDA is relatively unknown in the USA. I bet the poster in Brazil is the reverse.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

"Kinect Sucks Balls" - Rampage

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

threeagainstfour posted:

"Kinect Sucks Balls" - Everyone playing something other than kinect party

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
can't wait to hear more from rampage regarding video games and video game peripherals

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Everyone used to talk about how hard tj goes in sparring as a good thing, but Faber was pretty much saying he goes way to hard and hurts peoplw

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Bubba Smith posted:

Diaz vs GSP poster. But that one made more sense thematically as Diaz was supposed to be this wicked force looming over GSP that he finally had to confront.

That poster ruled

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqpF76NCKWI

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
That's some pro-click poo poo

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

I adore Rampage. All is forgiven.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/10/michael-bisping-willing-to-fight-unprofessional-ex-ufc-champ-rampage-jackson-at-any-weight

fatherdog posted:

Eventually there will be no one under contract to the UFC, regardless of weight class, that has not called out Bisping.

Also, looks like Monte Cox may be taking a break from promoting/managing for a while -

http://qctimes.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/article_1537c22e-b93f-5d8c-a026-8c0ff9ca730d.html

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Brendan Schaub retired.

Somewhere, a man not really aquatinted with the instrument attempts to play Taps on the trumpet, fails miserably, then looks around hoping no one heard before shuffling away awkwardly.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I think of it less as a retirement and more like neutralizing his fight career.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
if he really is making significant amounts of money on his podcast i have no idea why he'd continue to be loving terrible in the octagon

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Give him a title shot for this alone.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

I just hope i don't have to hear about schaub again. He's such an uninteresting doofus. I might rewatch the rogan intervention to celebrate.

Rampage's stream is a national treasure.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Chael's new tshirt

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Marching Powder posted:

if he really is making significant amounts of money on his podcast i have no idea why he'd continue to be loving terrible in the octagon

I think the money came from the fact that he was able to parlay his podcast listenership into big sponsor checks for his fights moreso than actually earning a lot for the podcast itself, which obviously is not something he can do anymore and is why he was so outspoken to the Reebok deal.

Not that it makes his retirement any less good and pleasant for us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Rip Big Browneye

• Locked thread