Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Can't post in this 12 hour stretch? LOL LURKER

You didn't post much at all in the Planescape game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

You didn't post much at all in the Planescape game.

In fact, I just checked and even if you add up both yours and section 31s posts, you're still shy of my post count by almost 40 posts.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

TMMadman posted:

In fact, I just checked and even if you add up both yours and section 31s posts, you're still shy of my post count by almost 40 posts.

Yes, I was very busy most of the later weeks and could not post much.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
CCKeane is busy with being a butt

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I mean I kind of object to this because I'm not generally a lurker so a lurker call out kind of pisses me off because it is more of an exception.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

I mean I kind of object to this because I'm not generally a lurker so a lurker call out kind of pisses me off because it is more of an exception.

Don't worry, I'm not saying you're always a lurker. Just that you lurked a lot in that game and I didn't mind because I essentially 'ran' the scum team which is what I enjoyed.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

it's like that joke about the guy who sleeps with goats.

"But, I lurk one game..."

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
3p > scum > town pr > vanilla

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
3P > town PR > vanilla > death miller > literally not even playing in the game > scum

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

it's like that joke about the guy who sleeps with goats.

"But, I lurk one game..."

Nobody's calling anybody a Welshman here.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Kumbamontu posted:

on that note if you are a player who decides to lurk whenever you get vanilla, you should get an attitude adjustment. not calling you out kumba but it's something I've noticed lately generally.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

on that note if you are a player who decides to lurk whenever you get vanilla, you should get an attitude adjustment. not calling you out kumba but it's something I've noticed lately generally.

I was actually thinking the other day that I kind of like vanilla. I think it was in your charnel game when I went all nutty during D1 because I was vanilla and didn't feel any pressure to ensure I lived through D1.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I like being vanilla in extremely simple games where there are only a few PRs because then there's no pressure, but if there's a lot of roles and some vanillas I'd rather have a role.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well in general I think I'd rather have a role, but being vanilla is pretty relaxing.

However, it's still slightly disappointing to open up your role PM and see that you're vanilla.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
vanilla is great. everything is great

EXCEPT confirmed town :(

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
In other news, I will never understand drivers who stop a a full car length behind the stop line at a stop light.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

vanilla is great. everything is great

EXCEPT confirmed town :(

But you're always confirmed town to scum! :v:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Asiina posted:

I like being vanilla in extremely simple games where there are only a few PRs because then there's no pressure, but if there's a lot of roles and some vanillas I'd rather have a role.

It is fun and cool to troll as vanilla.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Vt is my favourite role

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

Vt is my favourite role

Which is probably why you claim it pretty much every game.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

This conversation has inspired me to run a game.

The Triple Temple - A Choose-Your-Own-Alignment Game is now taking sign-ups.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The only vanilla roles I ever give out are to people who have expressed liking it

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Mar 27, 2020

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Yeah my favorite is vanilla. It causes me the least stress and I feel completely righteous about my cases because how the hell am I supposed to know better? Anymore responsibility than that I feel like I have to start caring about winning and trying so that I don't let my team mates down.

That's why I like 3P as well only because it lets me just do my thing.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

I will gladly name call out people if they aren't willing to own up to this game ruining habit.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Here is a fun game to play as vanilla:

Make up a role and pretend you were given this role instead. Ideally the scum will kill you! Congrats, you have acted as bodyguard to the cop/doc.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

CCKeane posted:

Make up a role and pretend you were given this role instead. Ideally the scum will kill you! Congrats, you have acted as bodyguard to the cop/doc.

Oh I should try doing this. This seems fun. Dunno if I can pull it off.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Seems like a good way to get lynched.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

CCKeane posted:

Or you just give them game more wifom, which is always good.

Vanilla is my favorite role, and arguably the best role in mafia. No potential to gently caress up your role, and you can still be super helpful to town.

You can also be super unhelpful to town, but that has nothing to do with your role.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

mr.capps posted:

lol Emily Aster lol

No spoilers, I'm behind on v3

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Seems like a good way to get lynched.

Someday you'll get me voted off, merk. Until then, our Sam and Ralph routine will be endlessly entertaining.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kumbamontu posted:

This

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Oh I should try doing this. This seems fun. Dunno if I can pull it off.

Basically I try to forget my actual role and just play as the role in my head. This can be really effective if you are scum pretending to be town. You just gotta forget your role and go all out.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

CCKeane posted:

Basically I try to forget my actual role and just play as the role in my head. This can be really effective if you are scum pretending to be town. You just gotta forget your role and go all out.

I've wanted to try to play a game without looking at my role. I'd most likely revert to just my (bad) town vanilla play, but ultimately that'd be super unfair to my team mates if I happened to roll scum.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Royals won :woop:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Nobody said I was a tryhard scum hunter? Y'all suckkkkkk

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I've wanted to try to play a game without looking at my role. I'd most likely revert to just my (bad) town vanilla play, but ultimately that'd be super unfair to my team mates if I happened to roll scum.

Nah, you gotta look at your role, but before you open decide how you're going to play.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

You're such a tryhard.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Quidnose posted:

Yay Quid!

Vanilla is the best :sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
Mafia thread, I'm on week two of a moderately bad physical/emotional meltdown.

Behold the field in which I grow my fucks. Lay thine eyes upon it and see that it is barren.

I need some kind of happy thoughts. Pls help