Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
a bunch of twitter people are suggesting battlefront is not bad but is actually good, i don't know who to believe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

duckfarts posted:

cgs: 399 soldiers out of quarantine, Huey and Eli are oval office bros

i stuck 480-something prickwads in there

don't think i lost more than a dozen

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Blackula69 posted:

a bunch of twitter people are suggesting battlefront is not bad but is actually good, i don't know who to believe

if it's like the other recent battlefields it will probably be good in a year

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Probably buying a ps4 tomorrow
did this, now for it to sit unused for the next 8 weeks until winter break :eng99:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

did this, now for it to sit unused for the next 8 weeks until winter break :eng99:

probably longer since there's no games for it

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Cat Face Joe posted:

probably longer since there's no games for it
I never got around to The Last of Us so that's the only ps4 game on my radar until Uncharted 4

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blackula69 posted:

the general goon consensus is that these are good games:

saints row series
two worlds
dota/lol
metal gear series

so you might want to consider the twitter people more seriously

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Stymie posted:

the general goon consensus is that these are good games:

saints row series
two worlds
dota/lol
metal gear series

so you might want to consider the twitter people more seriously

yeah it should probably be just sr2

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Blackula69 posted:

As I said, it's a DICE game. It will likely be good after they spend several months patching it.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its also a dice beta and the bf4 beta was basically unplayable

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

destiny is very playable now

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
besides some connection issues the ps4 beta of battlefront has been rocksolid

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
so this came out today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BhHkvHcUfo

basically one guy is defusing a bomb, and another player (or players) can't look at the screen and have to help defuse the bomb. the other players have access to the manual, which is here: http://www.bombmanual.com/

looks like it could be a lot of fun if you have irl friends (lol)

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

i want to play battlefront but i have to edit my old thesis and completely restructure it within the next like 4 hours

so i'm glad you're telling me it's bad. i loved the old ones and also bf3

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

so this came out today:

basically one guy is defusing a bomb, and another player (or players) can't look at the screen and have to help defuse the bomb. the other players have access to the manual, which is here: http://www.bombmanual.com/

this is made by some ottawa dudes, i'm going to try to write something abotu it next week

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

so this came out today:

this is the poo poo i wanna see from vr. new experiences

i still don't know anybody with teh goggles though

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

As a Millennial I posted:

this is the poo poo i wanna see from vr. new experiences

i still don't know anybody with teh goggles though

when it was originally demo'd it was done on the oculus rift. doesnt require it though (obviously), just have the other people not look at the screen

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
dark souls III network stress test :stare:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/dark-souls-iii-network-stress-test-ver/cid=UP0700-CUSA03387_00-DARKSOULS3NT0000

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

couldn't actually click that fast enough, thanks dude

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

not in europe :(

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

a guy who streams minecraft just bought a 4.5 million $ mansion in the US.... loving find me a gun and im gonna end it, i failed

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Awia posted:

not in europe :(

leave yurop for america

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Vintersorg posted:

a guy who streams minecraft just bought a 4.5 million $ mansion in the US.... loving find me a gun and im gonna end it, i failed

the one whose parents were already millionaires?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

computer parts posted:

the one whose parents were already millionaires?

i dunno

this kid, CaptainSparklez:

http://kotaku.com/minecraft-streame...dium=Socialflow

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
his dad is a movie exec

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Highly popular children's entertainer able to afford expensive house; YOSPOS shocked.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

thank 4 kotaku link regurgitating a pc gamer story

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

kotaku in actoin!!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

As a Millennial I posted:

kotaku in actoin!!

Honey Nut Cheerios wants to be the cereal of choice for gamers. And Gawker Media's gaming-focused vertical Kotaku hopes to make that happen by producing its first sponsored series for the General Mills brand.

"They had expressed strong interest in reaching out to millennial gamers," Paul Sundue, executive director of Studio@Gawker, told Adweek.

He added that gaming content tends to focus on, as you might expect, playing games. But the new four-part series Compete takes viewers behind the screens. "We really think [telling stories about gamers] differentiates these videos," Sundue said.

Kotaku editor in chief Stephen Totilo said the response has been extremely positive. Since launching Sept. 10, the Compete videos have amassed more than 200,000 viewers on Kotaku's site alone, which counts some 12 million monthly visitors. "More arrangements like this will make more of this kind of work possible," Totilo said.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Pinterest Mom posted:

Honey Nut Cheerios wants to be the cereal of choice for gamers. And Gawker Media's gaming-focused vertical Kotaku hopes to make that happen by producing its first sponsored series for the General Mills brand.

"They had expressed strong interest in reaching out to millennial gamers," Paul Sundue, executive director of Studio@Gawker, told Adweek.

He added that gaming content tends to focus on, as you might expect, playing games. But the new four-part series Compete takes viewers behind the screens. "We really think [telling stories about gamers] differentiates these videos," Sundue said.

Kotaku editor in chief Stephen Totilo said the response has been extremely positive. Since launching Sept. 10, the Compete videos have amassed more than 200,000 viewers on Kotaku's site alone, which counts some 12 million monthly visitors. "More arrangements like this will make more of this kind of work possible," Totilo said.

wow the onion is v specific

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i think cheerios also sponsors some sections of clickhole. gotta reach those millennials

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Improbable Lobster posted:

if it's like the other recent battlefields it will probably be good in a year in the fantasy world of Imaginationland

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

so this came out today:

the cross-section of people who own an oculus and also have a friend who would play with them is very slim

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sr_XaUmBlU

as a millennial i am now hype for cheerios

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

i remember cheerios being good when i was little
but now i have to eat them with like soy/almost milk
and thats just not the same

e: almond, but you know i like it better this way

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Liver Disaster posted:

i remember cheerios being good when i was little
but now i have to eat them with like soy/almost milk
and thats just not the same

e: almond, but you know i like it better this way

you so lactose intolerant that a lactaid won't help you?

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Rexicon1 posted:

you so lactose intolerant that a lactaid won't help you?

it would take like four of them every bowl

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
honey nut cheerios are good

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol sw bf is some console poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Rexicon1 posted:

the cross-section of people who own an oculus and also have a friend who would play with them is very slim

you dont need an oculus at all. it was just the example. ive seen videos of people just chilling on a laptop playing, just dont look at the screen

• Locked thread