Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
Finishing last night the neutral ending is pretty cool too so don't be discouraged if you gently caress up in the beginning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah this was recommended to me too, I did that, decided not to follow up with a genocide route, and read about how in the genocide route the devs made it specifically grindy, soulless, boringly easy bullshit throughout the game until the final boss fight which is a thousand times harder than anything else as well as wastes your time for nearly five solid minutes, and every time you die to him you're forced to walk down a hallway and endure his slow monologue

I like these devs

I also think it's awesome when devs make parts of the game horribly unfun to play to make a thematic point. Really, what the genocide needed was a few tailing missions and sewer levels to really push it to 11/10.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

I also think it's awesome when devs make parts of the game horribly unfun to play to make a thematic point. Really, what the genocide needed was a few tailing missions and sewer levels to really push it to 11/10.

Nobody is forcing you to do it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Andrast posted:

Nobody is forcing you to do it.

I feel like this is the same reasoning people used when Spec Ops: The Line came out.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

I feel like this is the same reasoning people used when Spec Ops: The Line came out.

"If I deliberately play this game in a really boring way this game is boring"

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Probably cause the game says something along those lines. Like, listing a ton of horrible poo poo followed by "But hey, you're still playing aren't you?" or something on a loading screen.
EDIT: No wait, it was "This isn't real, so why should you care?".

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Andrast posted:

"If I deliberately play this game in a really boring way this game is boring"

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

RareAcumen posted:

Well, in this case you are doing it to yourself. You don't NEED to do it, you just do it if you wanna complete everything and see what happens. and that is the entire point of that route

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I mean, you can also play a Pokemon game using Nuzlocke rules to make it as boring as possible thanks to grinding but it's not like anybody is crazy enough to do that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RareAcumen posted:

Your posting is a sewer level

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

lets hang out posted:

Some weps have helpful effects even if you never actually swing them

Ahh alright, I'll have to keep an eye out for that.

Another thing that doesn't really come across as well in the LP because the guys are usually talking over it, the music in this game is amazing. Toriel boss music is my favorite track so far.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Phantasium posted:

I mean, you can also play a Pokemon game using Nuzlocke rules to make it as boring as possible thanks to grinding but it's not like anybody is crazy enough to do that.

Nuzlocke is one of those things you should do if you know your poo poo and want a challenge. If it can get boring if you're GOOD at the games, imagine if you had never played it. but it's not like anybody is crazy enough to do that.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
games should be fun all the time forever just like superhero movies

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I had a good time with it

Be cool to see Matt and Liam's reactions to some of it. There are large swaths of it that probably wouldn't be worth recording but the unique parts are really great.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Oct 9, 2015

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Mesothelioma posted:

Finishing last night the neutral ending is pretty cool too so don't be discouraged if you gently caress up in the beginning.

The issue is you see the neutral ending anyway if you're doing Pacifist, so there's no major incentive beyond seeing the cool little variations that you can get depending on who you kill/spare. It's just more of a time saving thing to go Pacifist from the start, really.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Also the genocide route is fun. Well, the gameplay is fun. Those boss fights are really really good.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Dias posted:

Nuzlocke is one of those things you should do if you know your poo poo and want a challenge. If it can get boring if you're GOOD at the games, imagine if you had never played it. but it's not like anybody is crazy enough to do that.

And certainly never record it for the internet.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

HGH posted:

Speaking of the Wii, that reminds me that Fatal Frame is totally coming out this month. Man that game has been sent out to die...

Oct 22nd I think. Just in time to slip it into the Shitstorm maaaaaaybe?

TheRealestMatt posted:

So yeah! Thinking about future fun stuff fills you all with determination!

There's no fighting spirit greater than new video game fighting spirit.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Hate to bring back Liam's dumb defense of bad stuff, but this just happened

https://twitter.com/JWonggg/status/652558665015103488

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Tae posted:

What. The. gently caress.

Who.... Who thinks that fighting game tourneys are CP related?!?!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

Joke recycling: you play Arcana Heart ONE TIME, ONE TIME and this is what happens.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Tae posted:

Back when I went to fighting tournaments we just had key parties after. Now it's gone down to this?!?

Come to think of it those were probably just key parties I also played Garou at.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

This is the game Scrublords was MADE for.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

TheRealestMatt posted:

The Umbrella Chronicles games are great, and are considered the canon of all RE lore. Fact.

The UDG LP will be done relatively soon, and I don't think we'll ever need to talk about it again. I've got a lot of great ideas for stuff to look forward to in early and Mid December, and some other LPs we've been working on in the background. Pat and I have already done 3 sessions of another game, and that will be starting as soon as the Shitstorm ends.

Undertale continues to be amazing, I only wish I had caught wind of it far earlier, as I could have inserted it into our schedule far easier. That being said, new episode tomorrow afternoon.

So yeah! Thinking about future fun stuff fills you all with determination!

It's Transformers Devastation, isn't it?

I hope it's Transformers Devastation.
lol

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
This scrublords has the most incredible ending ever.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Whaaaaaa

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Dammit, I usually wait until Saturday mornings to watch Scrublords/Fisticuffs, but goddamn I've been waiting for DDND for so long.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

EARTH SAVED GOOD WE DO IT - Matt 2015

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

"You're those two nuns from Melty Blade!"

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

China had the best fighting game in secret. holy hell hahaha.

HOLY gently caress THE ENDING HAHAHA

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Oct 10, 2015

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Cancel Scrublords. It has reached it's zenith. Following that would be following Streisand.

I am actually in pain from laughing.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Oct 10, 2015

Remf
Jun 28, 2008

REALLY NOT FEELIN UP TO IT RIGHT NOW. SORRY.
I'd seen the beginning of the story mode before but holy poo poo i wasn't ready.

I knew nothing.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

reiterating "oh my god that ending"

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

of course woolie picks the boss character in the very first match

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. I wanna be a professional Dong Dong player. I never laughed so loving hard as when Optimus just transformed and rolled out from nowhere for no raisin. Amazing.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

There's actually a demo of their Streets of Rage 4 project! It's from 2010 but it's available here: http://soronline.net/fangames_soriv.htm

e: Apparently development stopped on it because the lead programmer had a kid, but as of May 2015 they have a new game in the works.

Genetic Toaster fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Oct 10, 2015

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

The OFFICIAL website of Streets of Rage 4

http://x942.com

MADE IN CHINA. IT IS LOVE.

I'm dying of laughter holy poo poo hahahahaha the game looks sick as gently caress too. I CANT DEAL.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I started crying with laughter when the psp popped up

thank you for everything dong connor

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Dark Dreams Do Die, but Dong Dong Never Dies.

gently caress undertale this is goty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
This game is like an insane fever dream if you tried to describe it.

Mario and dat Akuma pose.

Edit: Oh man. The last 15 minutes is probably the hypest Scrublords footage yet. Figures that this is the one video Liam isn't in.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Oct 10, 2015