Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

tgidieday posted:

Eh, I was already leaning towards taking a few months off. When I get back, hopefully at least one stamina class will still be fun to play.

I recognize this from my dragonknight about a year ago, and it comes from the death spiral of stamina dps builds: "I need more toughness, I'll put points in health. That didn't work, how about some heavy armor. Hmmm, guess I'll get a shield bar going." Very quickly you become an ersatz tank just tough enough to stand there helplessly, not doing damage.

Now, dual wield is the best melee AOE damage there is, but it comes at the price of requiring a full-time healer. It took a long time for me to give up on it for solo stuff, and I was immediately glad I did. You really should consider a two-hander in there for rally (stamina heal over time and emergency heal) and brawler (spammable damage shield). You can still have a dual wield or bow bar or whatever else you like, but it's just hard to be a tough dps like you want with stamina without resorting to a two-hander.

If you really want your specific build to work, make sure you have three cost reduction glyphs (vr3 gold lasts for a while). Don't put any points in magicka, use blue health/stam food, put invasion on your shield bar (invasion+flame lash is good for stun, but flame lash is not good dps for stamina), and start farming engine guardian.

I said Fengrush not Deltia. Pretty sure it means something's about to get buffed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Aramek posted:

Absolutely cheesy naming conventions, frankly, only increases my enjoyment. Like, how hilarious are the actual canon in-universe Argonian names?

Hauls-Rope-Faster? Gold.

Looking over at the UESP: Argues-with-Frogs, Conjures-with-Toes, Cooks-the-Meat, Drinks-With-Crabs, Fetches-Glitter, Gathers-Dead-Things, Leaks-When-Struck, Makes-No-Soup, Makes-One-Soup, Sleeps-Beneath-Filth, Smells-Like-Guar, Wanders-In-Tatters. And those are just names picked from Online! Sounds like argonian tradesmen and beggars get the short stick.

I still prefer those over Grudgement though.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Mizuti posted:

Looking over at the UESP: Argues-with-Frogs, Conjures-with-Toes, Cooks-the-Meat, Drinks-With-Crabs, Fetches-Glitter, Gathers-Dead-Things, Leaks-When-Struck, Makes-No-Soup, Makes-One-Soup, Sleeps-Beneath-Filth, Smells-Like-Guar, Wanders-In-Tatters. And those are just names picked from Online! Sounds like argonian tradesmen and beggars get the short stick.

I still prefer those over Grudgement though.

Dances-with-Kwama is the best NPC.

The Argonian naming conventions could be cool, though. I made an Argonian with the skull face paint named Wears-Death's-Mask :black101:

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Aramek posted:

Absolutely cheesy naming conventions, frankly, only increases my enjoyment. Like, how hilarious are the actual canon in-universe Argonian names?

Hauls-Rope-Faster? Gold.

Naming your kid Digs-For-Roots is just dooming him to be an alchemist. It's a wonder more folks don't rebel, then we'd have Hadmar Axe-Haft, level 15 enchanter.

Nulity
Sep 26, 2010
is fetches-glitter the name a tree would give to a fabulous bishōnen argonian

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Just installed and joined the EP crew, need a guild invite @Valwynd

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Aramek posted:

Hauls-Rope-Faster? Gold.

I named my bank account Argonian "Carries-My-Junk" and I named my healer "Healy McHealerson".

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Picked up this game recently, could I get a guild invite? @HeyYouThere

Friend and I tried doing Fungal Grotto by ourselves. Didn't end well. :v:

Lori
Oct 6, 2011
I am the aforementioned friend, and I would also like a guild invite. I'm @Loops

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
In case anyone was wondering what this new skin looks like-

excuse the lovely graphics settings

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

Nulity posted:

is fetches-glitter the name a tree would give to a fabulous bishōnen argonian

He's a merchant!

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

vug posted:

In case anyone was wondering what this new skin looks like-

excuse the lovely graphics settings

There's a PS2 version of ESO? Kick rear end!

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
The mac client still shits itself if you turn the texture quality up too high.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

vug posted:

I like it. Has sort of an Everquest-era vibe to it.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

JackBadass posted:

I named my bank account Argonian "Carries-My-Junk" and I named my healer "Healy McHealerson".
My (former)bank character is an Argonian named Collects-Many-Things.
I like it when you have games where silly names can be also "lore-appropriate" at the same time. :v:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

vug posted:

Well, then I'm glad I have to run everything at low :colbert:

I need a new video card :negative:

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!
Running on low lets you see crafting nodes from greater distances, because the rocks or trees that would obscure them don't pop in. ZOS should nerf this by buying you a video card.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hahahahaha good lord every PvP campaign is being shat on by DC.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I need to take some screen shots and show you all what the game is like when it is run as a 90's MMO.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

Sogol posted:

I need to take some screen shots and show you all what the game is like when it is run as a 90's MMO.

Already beat you to it. This is the game on the lowest possible settings. The game becomes so blurry that it's hard to play it.

For some reason, ESO was allergic to my old computer and refused to run smoothly at medium-low settings even though comparable games were fine. It doesn't take well to lower-end computers.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Mizuti posted:

Already beat you to it. This is the game on the lowest possible settings. The game becomes so blurry that it's hard to play it.

For some reason, ESO was allergic to my old computer and refused to run smoothly at medium-low settings even though comparable games were fine. It doesn't take well to lower-end computers.

:eyepop:

We've gone down even further to Playstation 1 era graphics.

Soon, we'll be able to move ESO down to sprites again.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
You need to lower the resolution as well as the graphics for full effect. Lower it to about the second or third lowest and then make that windowed full screen and you will get a lovely circa 90's effect.

You will know it's right when there are almost no smooth edges and all of the edges seem to sparkle a bit.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Sogol posted:

You need to lower the resolution as well as the graphics for full effect. Lower it to about the second or third lowest and then make that windowed full screen and you will get a lovely circa 90's effect.

You will know it's right when there are almost no smooth edges and all of the edges seem to sparkle a bit.

With that purple gorilla thing in the corner.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Leave it to ZOS to gently caress up cross-faction grouping: Apparently you're only able to do cross-faction through the group finder tool. Straight up invites between guild members will NOT work.

Every day their incompetence becomes clearer and clearer.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

hah well at least more people will use the group finder then maybe? Still crappy.

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

My partner and I rolled new lizards. Knows-first-aid and Breaks-and-enters. Argonian naming convention is best convention.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Scyantific posted:

you're only able to do cross-faction through the group finder tool.

Aaaand unsubbed. Thanks for making it easy, ZOS!

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Scyantific posted:

Leave it to ZOS to gently caress up cross-faction grouping: Apparently you're only able to do cross-faction through the group finder tool. Straight up invites between guild members will NOT work.

Every day their incompetence becomes clearer and clearer.

lol i don't even

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

To be fair to them, they are planning on implementing it outside of the grouping tool soon after, but still, how stupid do they have to be to not make that a day 1 thing.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
It's probably a horribly misguided sense of trying to make the grouping tool relevant in some way. Because it's just a colossal waste right now. I mean, that won't change, people will still just group with their guildmates or pubbies in Mournhold. Because it isn't a good idea if it is the case.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Sky Shadowing posted:

It's probably a horribly misguided sense of trying to make the grouping tool relevant in some way. Because it's just a colossal waste right now. I mean, that won't change, people will still just group with their guildmates or pubbies in Mournhold. Because it isn't a good idea if it is the case.

I think it's just further proof of my suspicion that the way they did different factions during development is some kind of weird rear end system that makes it hard for players from different factions to be in the same instance outside of Cyrodiil.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
I can't imagine what kind of busted rear end databases they've got if theyre having problems like that. Something tells me things like name change for your characters are still a long way away because they can't figure out how to implement them
Remember back around launch when weapon change was really laggy because they had to rebuild some kind of data structure each time you swapped?

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I was going to get my DC Templar to 40 to cross faction in guild... Welp. He is a mess right now anyway. He is my crafter so lots of skill points there and he is in transition from Magicka Tanking (which worked well for leveling PvE) to Stam which is currently horrible.

I need to run Undaunted dungeons from the start with my lvl 30-ish AoE Sorc if anyone is interested. I can craft him Hundings and Night Mothers heavy, but not the Medium he needs for a while yet. I should be able to get him to 40 this week and then will have to learn about Enlightenment and the CP system which I don't understand at all.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hey ennu log on and hit return to sender on those glass motifs I sent you please :)

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
So in order to take advantage of the CP change I need to first get one char to at least V1 by Nov 21, 12 days prior to the Nov 2 update? This then unlocks CP for any character and I can use it on toons I have gotten to 40 or whatever?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Who the gently caress sends PC guild invites can @whiteydelendaest get one please, dang!

Zombones
Oct 17, 2004
Not playing this piece of poo poo game until they fix the graphic for Magelight. Like what? Who thought this was a good idea?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

What's the problem with the Magelight graphic? I don't even remember what it looks like since there's an option to turn it off.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Hey ennu log on and hit return to sender on those glass motifs I sent you please :)

I don't see them, are you sure you sent them to me? Or is this a George Costanza leave-behind?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombones
Oct 17, 2004

Rough Lobster posted:

What's the problem with the Magelight graphic? I don't even remember what it looks like since there's an option to turn it off.

It's a big blinding light that rotates around your character until the ability is toggled off and it's nauseating. I'm on PS4 so I can't disable the spell graphic

• Locked thread