Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

RenegadeZombie posted:

M41 is too much fun. Zooming around tanks hitting them in their flanks. Just wish it had a bit more armor, seems a bit thin for a MBT.
Well, it's a light tank, not a MBT.

It is a lot of fun, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
I don't understand the XM1 at all. My tier 5 BgltPlatzer with top APCR ammo could not penetrate it from the flat side from about 50 meters. Side shots into turret, tracks, hull, engine etc. I emptied my 8 shot clip twice into the side and never got a single pen :O

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Is everyone just dumping their resources into upgrading the helipad for the bonus credits? I have lvl one of everything else.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
TDs are crazy fun when things work your way and you can make use of their high dps.

Raged posted:

Is everyone just dumping their resources into upgrading the helipad for the bonus credits? I have lvl one of everything else.

I put mine into the command center for more free xp.

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

cheese posted:

I don't understand the XM1 at all. My tier 5 BgltPlatzer with top APCR ammo could not penetrate it from the flat side from about 50 meters. Side shots into turret, tracks, hull, engine etc. I emptied my 8 shot clip twice into the side and never got a single pen :O

It's broken overpowered. In some major ways the M1 Abrams is worse. It has tiny tiny front weak spots.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

They should consider buffing MBT pen to let them gently caress with each other's armor. Got my M60A3 now, and dueling with MBT70's is pretty silly.

Buffing AP wouldnt really gently caress other vehicle classes either in theory, just MBT vs MBT. At least in certain cases :shrug: Supposedly it gets even worse higher up.

EDIT: VVV Maybe you're right. I know its lower than the same round on the Stingray by a significant amount, as is the damage. Then again, I dont really have much experience yet, I just started PVPing today. Namely lower tier to not gently caress up any potential stat stuff too much. The god drat Dragoon is a loving blast to drive!

Also sorry to the dude who's invite I didnt accept this evening, I was in the middle of a match and unsure how to reply :(

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Oct 10, 2015

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

Dandywalken posted:

They should consider buffing MBT pen to let them gently caress with each other's armor. Got my M60A3 now, and dueling with MBT70's is pretty silly.

Buffing AP wouldnt really gently caress other vehicle classes either in theory, just MBT vs MBT. At least in certain cases :shrug: Supposedly it gets even worse higher up.

MBT70 is pretty easy to pen in the lower glacis. Maybe the M60A3 can't but other T6 MBTs can for sure.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I'd be fine with AP/Sabots having enough pen up close (50 meters) to pen MBTs frontally. Things would get less silly with weak-spot bullshit then.

brodoyouevengif
Jun 15, 2013

The pubbie blood must flow for le mighty Brodo.
Played about 80 games on what I thought was the NA server, only to find out that the launcher was bugged and launching the EU client instead... :suicide:

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

-Troika- posted:

I invited everyone who asked for an invite to GOON.

Is it a limited time thing? I logged in to check and saw no notification.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I'm discovering that tank tracks are way too good at absorbing HEAT rounds without them doing any HP damage :argh:

(From the sides, not the front)

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Magni posted:

So you can do sick snipes on people going 80+ kph. Seriously, the most magical moment in 50 games with arty was when I was driving the Gvosdika and managed to shotgun a Dragoon-300 that was screaming in at max speed to get himself that arty booty, only for him to get atomised by a hip-fired 122mm dustbin. :haw:

Did the very same thing, 350hp-ish XM800T that came zooming in for the kill only to be killed. No rage though, disappointed with that bit.

cheese posted:

My tier 5 BgltPlatzer

I uh...I think you mean Panzer?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Platzen is german for bursting (like a balloon or bubble) in german, so that's actually a pretty fitting nickname for that thing.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

People already start to rage about hackers killing them through cover.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

This game needs a better soundtrack. And super weapons in the PvE mode. And garish custom paintjobs. And Japanese voice acting.

I really want Ace Combat With Tanks, okay? :japan:

Pimpmust posted:

I'm discovering that tank tracks are way too good at absorbing HEAT rounds without them doing any HP damage :argh:
It's almost as if the tracks act like spaced armour and detonate the HEAT prematurely. :(

So hey, what's up with this smoke? I've got everything on Ultra, but I keep getting big grey squares instead of, y'know, smoke.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
If the BRDM-2 is any indication of what will be available in the future, we'll see some nice non-brown-olive-sand paintjobs in the future. PvE super weapons sound like a nice too and there is a dedicated PvE consumable category already in place, now we just need the airstrike and tactical nuke consumables.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Siivola posted:

This game needs a better soundtrack.
Main theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAczwhihCyk

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Main Theme when driving Russian tanks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs

Reminds me of that game, Blitz 1941 or so. It was a rather cute isometric tank game, and they actually had the USSR anthem playing nonstop when you logged into your russian garage.

e: But in all seriousness, if you are in a tank that can drive more than 50kph the game should just open a music player ala Need For Speed and start playing some good racing music.

Michaellaneous fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Oct 10, 2015

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Michaellaneous posted:

People already start to rage about hackers killing them through cover.

It's really easy to see people behind cover in 3rd person on medium settings because the game doesn't render anything smaller than a large house in 3rd person until you're close to them so you can shoot people who should be hidden while you're in 3rd person lol good job obsidian

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

So is there a way to speed up my download rate from 7 kb/s?

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Would like to request an invite, name is Lynneth on NA.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Wolfie needs an AMX line loving yesterday, where is my Leclerc. Obsidian is loving us again.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

FAT CURES MUSCLES posted:

So is there a way to speed up my download rate from 7 kb/s?

how are you downloading at 7kb? i was at a consistent 3mb-6mb when i downloaded during the headstart.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Nerses IV posted:

Wolfie needs an AMX line loving yesterday, where is my Leclerc. Obsidian is loving us again.

The AMX TD is really loving fun. So is the AFV version.
Just wait for the french line.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
gently caress that french garbage give me the loving Isreali Merkava Mk 4 and South Korean K2 Black Panther

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I wonder if they'll just keep adding tanks bit by bit to the two dealers or if they're gonna add in more dealers at some point.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Nordick posted:

I wonder if they'll just keep adding tanks bit by bit to the two dealers or if they're gonna add in more dealers at some point.

Gonna assume the latter to be honest.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
they already said they will be adding more dealers as times goes on

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

The thing with that is they will probably add a bunch of tanks at once because I can't really see them making a new trader for only 3 tanks.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
They talked about the next dealer being asian vehicle focused, and they just did a thing about the chinese tanks.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Did the server just go down for anyone else?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Chinese line should just be the Russian line but cheaper

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Pendent posted:

Did the server just go down for anyone else?

Yes. :suicide:

Fart Car '97 posted:

Chinese line should just be the Russian line but cheaper

And slightly worse.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
its not going to just be purely chinese tanks people. if you havent noticed how the dealer system works they can pretty much add any nation into the dealer they want. this is pretty much the reason they went with this dealer system so they can add tanks without having to think about going a full tree like WoT has to.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Michaellaneous posted:

The AMX TD is really loving fun. So is the AFV version.
Just wait for the french line.

Hopefully the delay is simply so they can determine just how overpowered they should make the AMX-30's crazy HEAT round.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Agrajag posted:

how are you downloading at 7kb? i was at a consistent 3mb-6mb when i downloaded during the headstart.

It went from 7 kb/s for an hour to 3 mb/s now so :shrug:.

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzkCHLrX9Kw

:gifttank::gifttank::gifttank:

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Chinese dealer is next (and eventually added asian stuff). I think they've mentioned French/Swedish stuff too, might be another dealer though (gotta have that BACON :getin:).

Chinese line seems to be mainly Russian remixes up to tier 5-6 or so, then they become ChineseLeopard1 "Big Gun" / "Weak Armor" sorta thing. Type 85(?)/88 and 96/99 gonna be interesting.
Also I think we might just get the Chinese NotT-55 before the actual T-55.

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Oct 10, 2015

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
They probably should add some Nork vehicles to that dealer as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Is anyone recreating old World of Tanks clans in AW? I have such fond memories of clan wars in No Dumb Pubs with ChairInABasket leading us, may he rest in peace... Stug Lyfe, Marder She Wrote, and others.

What are the active goon clans in Armored Warfare? I know of CHAI, but I heard it got full up.

• Locked thread