Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Oh christ, SSJ2 Gohan and Beerus both need Gregories. Also? All the AGI N chaff needs Gregories.

Gregories. :negative::suicide::ssj:

At least I got SSJ Trunks up to UR*.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I have 4 Old Kai. I need 2 Supreme Kai. I hit a gold capsule in the Int thing. Another Old Kai. gently caress.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'll have one of each left after I Z-Awaken SSJ2 Gohan. I'm planning on holding onto the Supreme Kai, despite three SSRs I could use it on. I can't use SSJ TEQ Vegeta with PHY Vegeta (Beerus is also probably better anyway) and Xeno Trunks and Piccolo are outclassed massively by the event SSJ Gohan.

Basically, there are some drat good SRs kicking around now.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
So I tried Seriously?!... on Hard and got TROUNCED so badly I used 2 stones just to clear it due to being stubborn, which i know was a huge mistake.

I then came back with an all Agi team, which was all raised to max level that I could get them, most of them still just Rare :( I can now easily beat him, while using a few items. I don't dare try Z-Hard. I also got the Bojack from the 5 free stones they gave me for Maintenance. Hoping I can grind this out for enough medals to Dokkan Awaken both Gohan/Bojack, as it would be a great SSR and my first UR. My team sucks still and my level is still 35 due to being frustrated that I couldn't advance in the story, and couldn't get poo poo to drop to level up my supers from the strikes. Only guy I have level 10 is the Gohan that was first released and everyone got to level 10 since he was a guaranteed drop.

Hoping to get enough Gohan's to level his super up, but I seem to be getting a good amount of Gohan awakening medals, so I doubt I'll get the Gohans before the medals :(

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Finally got my first natural SSR: AGI SSJ 2 Gohan. I nearly have a full Saiyan rainbow team, just need an SR or better STR Saiyan. Bojack probably works for now though.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

So I tried Seriously?!... on Hard and got TROUNCED so badly I used 2 stones just to clear it due to being stubborn, which i know was a huge mistake.

I then came back with an all Agi team, which was all raised to max level that I could get them, most of them still just Rare :( I can now easily beat him, while using a few items. I don't dare try Z-Hard. I also got the Bojack from the 5 free stones they gave me for Maintenance. Hoping I can grind this out for enough medals to Dokkan Awaken both Gohan/Bojack, as it would be a great SSR and my first UR. My team sucks still and my level is still 35 due to being frustrated that I couldn't advance in the story, and couldn't get poo poo to drop to level up my supers from the strikes. Only guy I have level 10 is the Gohan that was first released and everyone got to level 10 since he was a guaranteed drop.

Hoping to get enough Gohan's to level his super up, but I seem to be getting a good amount of Gohan awakening medals, so I doubt I'll get the Gohans before the medals :(

I used a SR* Z-Fighters Team as my main for quite a while. I also then had mono-color SR* teams to get each of the strike characters. There's no need to worry about your Special Attack levels, it's the Attack score that matters most often.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Oct 7, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Echophonic posted:

I'll have one of each left after I Z-Awaken SSJ2 Gohan. I'm planning on holding onto the Supreme Kai, despite three SSRs I could use it on. I can't use SSJ TEQ Vegeta with PHY Vegeta (Beerus is also probably better anyway) and Xeno Trunks and Piccolo are outclassed massively by the event SSJ Gohan.

Basically, there are some drat good SRs kicking around now.

I have lvl 80 Str SSJ2 Gohan and that Whis that came out a couple weeks ago. Whis is cool, but I really have no place for him.. If I had more team spots, sure, I'd build a team around him and Beerus, but I don't. I think having 6 team slots is stupid considering how many cards you get. The Gohan is the only one I care about awakening, but I'd have to bump someone from Team Super Saiyan..

Why is life so hard guys?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Z-Hard's bullshit hard and the drop rate's not really any better for Gohan.

On a different note, someone on Reddit dug up a ton of DB/Z manga pages that the card art is inspired by. It's pretty cool.

Edit: Holy hell, I'm trying out my SSJ team now that I have Trunks awakened and :catstare: :awesome:. I'll have to do some science to compare Beerus and TEQ Nappa to see what works better. I'm not sure it'd break my links that badly, since Trunks is already missing Saiyan Warrior Race.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Oct 7, 2015

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
I read something on reddit about how because we got Angel Goku, we aren't able to get the SSJ Goku from the Freiza saga, because they both awaken from the TEQ R Goku?

Just wondering if there is any truth to this, I'm not very interested in the Angel version.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
Definitely SR TEQ Beerus over SR TEQ Nappa by far

-Beerus has base 6406 attack that balloons to 7687 from the +25% attack passive vs 5513 attack that balloons to 7513 from the under 30% HP +2000 passive. You do NOT want to be under 30% to get there
-Beerus has +700 attack link from prodigies which has less link than the Saiyan Warrior race that Nappa has, but Beerus does have it.
-Beerus special is "Extreme damage" vs Nappa "Huge damage". Obviously stronger specials usually beats most attack stats difference. Your Beerus would be rocking 50K+ specials vs Nappa would be somewhere in the mid 20K.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
Should I swap out Successor Of The Strongest Gohan for the current event Gohan (dokkan awakened, super attack rank 10, and everything)?

Team is:
Leader: Trunks (Xeno)
Successor of the Strongest Gohan
Kid Goku (awakened)
Aura Unleashed Tien (awakened)
Warrior of Daring Fasha (if there is even any other kind) (Awakened)
and Secrets of the Turtle Style Roshi (awakened)

It seems like I should, but I'm always gunshy about changing things up very much.

E: I guess I could awaken Trunks or something, also. 83/92 team cost.

Syrant fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Oct 8, 2015

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
I'd say no to the switch just because of the Kamehameha links with Kid Goku and Roshi.

But then I say yes for the SHORYUKEN Crotch Upper Cut.....

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ok, I'm clearly not meant to have SSJ2 Gohan. I've done like 8 multipulls over the past few days, and I think the only Saiyans I've even gotten were SR PHY Vegeta, 2 SR PHY Nappa's and an SR TEQ Nappa. Oh right, and SR AGI Trunks.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Oh man, SRW X-Omega has Gao Gai Gar and Eva! If they ever add Big O it will be perfect.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Surprise 4 dragon stones for the extended maintenance yesterday.

Which let me pull a SSR Whis yayyyyyy

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Haerc posted:

I read something on reddit about how because we got Angel Goku, we aren't able to get the SSJ Goku from the Freiza saga, because they both awaken from the TEQ R Goku?

Just wondering if there is any truth to this, I'm not very interested in the Angel version.

The fact of the matter is, unless it comes straight from Bandai, anything said by Reddit should simply be taken as something a guy on Reddit came up with. My guess is that because Japan got Angel Goku for free, we'll get SSJ Goku for free.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

This is loving stupid.

How has this not been fixed? This is a loving joke compared to some of the medal runs.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Hey, neat. Got Bojack from a summon. Now I get to grind out medals to Dokkan him eventually. It'll be decent XP and zeni for SSJ2 Gohan, at least.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is SSJ Gohan from the event different than the Dokkan awakened SSJ Gohan?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The one on the event banner? That's the Dokkan'd Gohan. The Gohan in the gacha banner is SSJ2 AGL.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Tae posted:

Is SSJ Gohan from the event different than the Dokkan awakened SSJ Gohan?

Yes, the farmable one is Phy (quite possibly the best Phy in the game at the moment), the summonable one is Agl.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Echophonic posted:

Hey, neat. Got Bojack from a summon. Now I get to grind out medals to Dokkan him eventually. It'll be decent XP and zeni for SSJ2 Gohan, at least.

Man, I've been trying for this.

I've been running the 'Extreme Peril' mission to pick up all the medals. Pretty easy on Hard.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Where do you guys go to farm Supreme/Old Kai medals? People say that 12-1 is good for them, but I haven't had any luck there. I'm desperate for a Supreme Kai.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I think those lists of where medals drop are either bullshit or not applicable to the global version. I've never had any luck with them.

I just have gotten mine from Z-Hard levels, both medal dailies and story missions.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
I have about 8 Supreme Kai and 12 Old Kai, will trade for SSRs that never drop for me.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Webbeh posted:

Man, I've been trying for this.

I've been running the 'Extreme Peril' mission to pick up all the medals. Pretty easy on Hard.

Yeah, I can clear Hard pretty easy.
How many medals do you average? I get 1 if I'm lucky, trying to Dokkan my own Gohan.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

the_steve posted:

Yeah, I can clear Hard pretty easy.
How many medals do you average? I get 1 if I'm lucky, trying to Dokkan my own Gohan.

For Gohan, I went with the second to last mission - those farmed up easily. I'm at 33 Gohans + the 9 I already used. I've got about 14 of each, now to pull the goddamn Bojack.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The random nature of Extreme Peril makes it kind of a mixed bag. You only tend to get one or two on Hard, and if you're down to say, Bujin and Bojack (like me), it's faster to do the missions those drop in, I think. Then again, I had already gotten my dozen of Zangya and Bido, so maybe it'd be better if you're starting from zero.

I just need 6 more Bojack medals and I'm basically done with the event and can go back to working on SSJ2 Gohan. I should probably just run PHY medals all day, honestly. Stock up on Gregories and do Bojack medals tomorrow.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Echophonic posted:

The random nature of Extreme Peril makes it kind of a mixed bag. You only tend to get one or two on Hard, and if you're down to say, Bujin and Bojack (like me), it's faster to do the missions those drop in, I think. Then again, I had already gotten my dozen of Zangya and Bido, so maybe it'd be better if you're starting from zero.

I just need 6 more Bojack medals and I'm basically done with the event and can go back to working on SSJ2 Gohan. I should probably just run PHY medals all day, honestly. Stock up on Gregories and do Bojack medals tomorrow.

I've been doing nothing for the past 3 days but running metal missions desperately hunting a Supreme Kai and collecting white capsules looking for Gregories. It's a sad existence.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

I've been doing nothing for the past 3 days but running metal missions desperately hunting a Supreme Kai and collecting white capsules looking for Gregories. It's a sad existence.

The game knows when you want something. It knows. :tinfoil:

Also, anyone who gets one. Don't be dumb like me and think you need Bojack medals to Dokkan Bojack. You do not. I Dokkan'd mine and now I get to wait a week to get the medals to UR him, since I need the gold Kai medal. I do love that Dokkan'd characters keep their awakened type. Full Power Bojack being E.STR makes him immediately more useful.

I was pretty wrong about 17 and 18. I didn't realize that AGI 17 and STR 18 were the big hitters. TEQ 17 is obviously really good due to the -INT leader ability, but Dauntless Runner is way better offensively. Beerus is also a natural pairing with an Android team that has them, too, since they share The Innocents and there's a major lack of TEQ androids.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Oct 9, 2015

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Waiting on my stamina to recharge. I need one more Zangya, 4 more Kogu/Bido, 2 more Bujin and 3 more Bojacks to Dokkan Gohan.
A longer list than I'd like, but I'm steadily knocking it out.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I don't know Bojacks crews name by heart, so bear with me on the one guy I need. The INT dude with the turban, and Bojack himself (Medal form). I started grinding this event on Wednesday when I heard about it enabling Dokkan Awakenings, and I already have the 19 medals for Gohan, Zangya, and The big dude that is PHY. Gohan is at Super Level 6 though, so after I grind out the remaining medals, it's back to Seriously? to grind for him to drop more before I put the last medals into him for Dokkan Awakening.

So pleased to finally have some decent characters actually drop and be available. My best character STILL has been my Agi Android 18 that is fully awakened. :( I just could NOT get drops to work for me in any of the other strikes, and I can't do Z-hard at all. Let alone finish the bloody story.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm not sure what I'm going to do once I get SSJ2 Gohan Awakened. I could take all the stuff I've ground up and go do the story with it, I guess?

Though, I could level up Bojack's crew, that should be easy, since I did Zangya already and R's are cheap to awaken. I do also need to mess with that knockout team more, that was an interesting gimmick, even if it was basically SR INT Chiaotzu's show.

I'm also not sure if Bojack's worth an Old Kai. I feel like he does his job just fine at SSR?

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Oct 10, 2015

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I finally ran out of zenni... Is guess I'll be grinding on Hercule for sweet cash money all weekend.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I just did a multi-pull and got mostly really lovely Rs, and my guaranteed SR was a loving Hercule. :argh:

(actually tbh Hercule is kinda handy, he's INT [somehow :v:] and I needed to replace my R Shen, but still jesus gently caress)

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
I've got all the medals needed for the Gohan dokken, thankfully. Unfortunately grinding for his dupes in order to max his super attack is taking much much longer. Only 6 to go before I can finally dokken him :suicide:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Haerc posted:

I've got all the medals needed for the Gohan dokken, thankfully. Unfortunately grinding for his dupes in order to max his super attack is taking much much longer. Only 6 to go before I can finally dokken him :suicide:

I got his Dokkan medals gathered up really quickly once I did the stages prior to Extreme Peril, but yeah, copies for Super leveling are nigh impossible.
I can't beat Z-Hard, and other than the guaranteed first drop, he hasn't dropped from Hard for me.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
What's the best place to fight a shitload of Cell Jrs. for that Z-HARD mission?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Oh boy I've gotten like 6 Kogus I love it

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Webbeh posted:

What's the best place to fight a shitload of Cell Jrs. for that Z-HARD mission?
I think I did "Ultimate Life Form" - New Enemy. A lot of battles (and lot of Cell Jr drops). There might be a little bit better one, but, that's the one I used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Getting 12 more medals of each person for Bojack is tougher than I thought it would be. I guess after the first time you do a mission you are no longer guaranteed to get a medal from it anymore, and the medal in the stage goes away after you pick it up once.