Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

the lions response to this has been beyond pathetic and this is shaping up to be one hell of a lovely season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

WoodrowSkillson posted:

the lions response to this has been beyond pathetic and this is shaping up to be one hell of a lovely season

http://cbsloc.al/1LgiTaC

A good response from Mike Valenti on the organizations handling of the situation.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Dattserberg posted:

A good response from Mike Valenti on the organizations handling of the situation.

oh, i already heard it and agree with nearly every goddamn word

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
drat.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

sweet thursday posted:

Monkey's hands don't grant awful wishes though dumbass

:negative:

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

WoodrowSkillson posted:

oh, i already heard it and agree with nearly every goddamn word

Mike Valenti is a buffoon and I'd rather my team's management not throw big baby tantrums like Jerry Jones.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Dattserberg posted:

Counterpoint: gently caress ever morning zoo show

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I'm fine with that, because gently caress the Lions.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Fenrir posted:

I'm fine with that, because gently caress the Lions.

Making fun of the Lions just seems like piling on, though. I've never been able to hold any true animosity, especially since Suh left

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Petite Dinklage posted:

Making fun of the Lions just seems like piling on, though. I've never been able to hold any true animosity, especially since Suh left

It's like having a rivalry with Lil' BUB.

Except Lil' BUB fights through adversity and is lovable and the Lions are garbage in every way

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

So... I've watched every Lions game in my adult life, but, I dont know, poo poo, I'm really tempted to just watch red zone during Lions games now.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I haven't watched them this season outside of maybe the first half on their SNF game and I'm no worse for it. Then again I live out of state and only have basic cable so w/e. That's secretly one of the worst side-effects of the Lions being dependably trash for so long, their games never get broadcast outside of MI and whatever region their opponent is in so I never get to watch them unless it's a national game or I happen to live there. Then again when I lived outside of Indy for a few years, the one game they played against the Colts was that awful 14 points in three minutes comeback by Luck :barf: So perhaps that's for my own good.

Also why the hell are we talking about the stupid Lions at 4 AM

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Oct 10, 2015

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I wish their uniforms were a slightly darker shade of blue, because it's almost perfect but as it stands now it's just bad.

Which I guess sums up the franchise as a whole.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Petite Dinklage posted:

Eh, yeah... I don't have any real animosity there either anymore, but gently caress 'em anyway because they're in our division.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hizawk posted:

So... I've watched every Lions game in my adult life, but, I dont know, poo poo, I'm really tempted to just watch red zone during Lions games now.

what I do is watch redzone on one screen and the dolphins on the other

that way I am still "a real fan" but I don't end up "dead on the couch from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head"

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

what I do is watch redzone on one screen and the dolphins on the other

that way I am still "a real fan" but I don't end up "dead on the couch from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head"

I have that set-up when watching at my brother-in-laws house. After the first quarter of the Cowboys game, I turned to him and said "Got any scotch?"

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
i just want to see one super bowl before i die

i am 27 and statistically have 50-60 years left

i don't think it happens, guys

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Chump Farts posted:

Cheer up, man. They have one on every year. All you have to do is turn on the tv and watch. This year the Seahawks will probably avenge their loss to the Patriots. I hope you enjoy it!

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Chichevache posted:

Cheer up, man. They have one on every year. All you have to do is turn on the tv and watch. This year the Seahawks will probably avenge their loss to the Patriots. I hope you enjoy it!

i guess thanks to katy perry i did sort of see a lion in a super bowl

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

WoodrowSkillson posted:

On the other hand 90 year old Martha Ford has apparently been giving the league poo poo at the last few owners' meetings, which is an amusing image if nothing else.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

computer parts posted:

I wish their uniforms were a slightly darker shade of blue, because it's almost perfect but as it stands now it's just bad.

Which I guess sums up the franchise as a whole.

I wish they didn't have the staggeringly stupid-looking sweat patches on their uniforms.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Fenrir posted:

Eh, yeah... I don't have any real animosity there either anymore, but gently caress 'em anyway because they're in our division.

Exactly. The pity just makes it more depressing.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
Football is bad. Lions aren't going 0-16 though.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chump Farts posted:

Don't have kids. If you do, the goal will become "maybe they'll see a Super Bowl before they die" and then the situation and realization that no they won't will be even sadder

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Lions have all the markings of an upset in London so watch out!

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Knyteguy posted:

Football is bad. Lions aren't going 0-16 though.

Nah. If all else fails the Lions will beat the Packers in Detroit. They've done that pretty reliably over the past few years.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Fenrir posted:

Nah. If all else fails the Lions will beat the Packers in Detroit. They've done that pretty reliably over the past few years.

3-2 in the current decade (4-6 for the past ten years) isn't really all that reliable, and the Lions of 2013 and 2014 were significantly better than the 2015 Lions.

I'm not saying it's out of the realm of possibility, mind you.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Petite Dinklage posted:

Meh, after their 0-16 season I felt bad for them and thought, "wouldn't it be great if they won just one season?" but then there was Jim Schwartz and Suh stomping on a center's chest on Thanksgiving Day and I've learned my lesson; gently caress mercy, gently caress pity, and gently caress the Lions forever.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

LabyaMynora posted:

Meh, after their 0-16 season I felt bad for them and thought, "wouldn't it be great if they won just one season?" but then there was Jim Schwartz and Suh stomping on a center's chest on Thanksgiving Day and I've learned my lesson; gently caress mercy, gently caress pity, and gently caress the Lions forever.

I like you, let's be friends.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Chump Farts posted:

i guess thanks to katy perry i did sort of see a lion in a super bowl

Dick LeBeau went 3x as a Steeler. Thank you for him, and coach Narduzzi too

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014
Too many cocky packers fans in here. I officially call on bad juju to prevent the packers from winning the super bowl this year.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

commieB posted:

Too many cocky packers fans in here. I officially call on bad juju to prevent the packers from winning the super bowl this year.

If karma were real Patriots and Seahawks fans would never get to be happy, god is dead and everything is horrible

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015
Ah the Lions are awful this year. I'm glad the one time I got to see them was the MNF game, that was fitting that I got to see another piece of Lion history.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Hizawk posted:

Do it, it's the best thing ever to only have to watch the Lions for a maximum of five minutes.

Also I am not a big fan of the incessant crowing of Packers fans in this thread.

This is a thread for losers and you are not welcome!!!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

commieB posted:

The Packers likely won't win the Super Bowl because that's really hard

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
If the Lions went 2-14 but we swept the Packers I'd consider it the most successful season in years.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Acebuckeye13 posted:

If the Lions went 2-14 but we swept the Packers I'd consider it the most successful season in years.

Stop stealing the Bears' wish

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Lmao if you don't think the packers are gonna lose in Detroit. Dunno why but away games on astroturf are kryptonite to rodgers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

TubeStank posted:

Lmao if you don't think the packers are gonna lose in Detroit. Dunno why but away games on astroturf are kryptonite to rodgers

the fake grass reminds him of how he has to fake it every night with olivia munn

• Locked thread