Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeek
Feb 15, 2012
I have never thought I would see CERN and Shiva together in a sentence intended for a serious article.

As for that Xinfajia site... as a Chinese, I can tell you that Han Feizi is pretty good at writing, but to recreate a Legalist system now is plain stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Jeek posted:

I have never thought I would see CERN and Shiva together in a sentence intended for a serious article.

This serious article published on the CERN Document Server is going to blow your loving mind: http://cds.cern.ch/record/745737

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

QuarkJets posted:

This serious article published on the CERN Document Server is going to blow your loving mind: http://cds.cern.ch/record/745737

Obvious sign of a doomsday cult.

In addition, the lack of misspellings as "large hardon collider" in the crank articles is disappointing.

Lightning Jim
Nov 18, 2006

Just a mad weather-ologist :science:
That's it, we're done

Christian group predicts the world will be 'annihilated' on Wednesday

Yep.... time to rape an pillage...

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

That's like the third doomsday prediction I've encountered this year.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was listening to the Conspiracy Skeptic earlier today and on it had had one of the prosecutors who is also a podcaster but also was one of the people who delt with the Aurora Co. Theater shooter case. He said that the Truthers for that have gone so far as come to people who were either shot or lost loved ones in the shooting's homes and demand they come clean that their child or sibling or parent didn't really exist and they are couched by the government. The one good thing is that the really agressive ones were actually arrested for criminal harassment. Of course that makes them martyr's to the crisis actor crowd because of course the government would punish people seeking the truth.

Another thing he talked about was how someone who claimed they were in a cel with the shooter somehow got onto Coast the Coast and said the shooter had told him how he'd been part of a military psy-op experiment with Darpa and a bunch of other crap. Of course people believed him because it feeds into their beliefs, even though the guy was never near the shooter, because you know, Prisons keep records of where their inmates are staying.

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

I heard that there was an accident with the LHC in 5 or 6 years that causes time to reset back to the beginning of the experiment and we have been living the same time over and over again like that moebius episode of Star Trek.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

DONT CARE BUTTON posted:

I heard that there was an accident with the LHC in 5 or 6 years that causes time to reset back to the beginning of the experiment and we have been living the same time over and over again like that moebius episode of Star Trek.

It would explain why my iPhone isn't getting much better.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

DONT CARE BUTTON posted:

I heard that there was an accident with the LHC in 5 or 6 years that causes time to reset back to the beginning of the experiment and we have been living the same time over and over again like that moebius episode of Star Gate.

ftfy

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Oh, that explains what just happened to my pond.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Oh, that explains what just happened to my pond.
No, wrong episode.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

DONT CARE BUTTON posted:

I prefer the Farscape one.

One of my favorite conspiracy theories is that California is actually an island floating on a vast network of underground rivers. Earthquakes really don't exist - they're nuclear tests run by the government. I have no idea where this came from - I heard it from a friend that collects batshit conspiracies.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Strudel Man posted:

No, wrong episode.

You sure? I thought at the end of Moebius there's fish in O'neal's pond and he didn't have fish before.

fake edit: yep, I'm right: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moebius_%28Stargate_SG-1%29

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

You sure? I thought at the end of Moebius there's fish in O'neal's pond and he didn't have fish before.

fake edit: yep, I'm right: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moebius_%28Stargate_SG-1%29
Sure, but the 'endlessly repeating day' episode was Window of Opportunity.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

I can't wait to spread this all over Facebook :dance:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

I love "Frequent Stops" and the ladder.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Big missed opportunity in not using the door handles as exclamation points

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

are teapartycommunity and/or reaganbook still open and trollable?

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

blowfish posted:

are teapartycommunity and/or reaganbook still open and trollable?

https://www.teapartycommunity.com/

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeee2AwSS8s

So, this is what mental illness combined with stream of consciousness looks like. Like okay, the title of the video is suggestive, but then he makes an interesting comparison to that scene and the scene in the shining, but then goes on this weird tangent about the 4th of July being mentioned in both conversations and then goes into crazy town.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
I had a face to face run in with a conspiracy theorist outside a gas station this past weekend. Did you know that a billionaire owns an island, mysteriously purchased from the state of Michigan, in the middle of Lake Michigan, and has built a commercial runway on it? How'd he get that land from the state and why build a commercial airstrip on it? Why is no one allowed on the island anymore? What's really going on there? Probably because Dave Johnson, a billionaire resort developer, wants rich folks to fly to the island to vacation on it, Mr CrazyPants. He also theorized that American police are being militarized for civil defense against the Soviets. Not Russians, no, he never called them that, it was always 'the Soviets'. The US Air Force, Army and Navy have apparently been fighting 'soviets' over Turkey, on the ground in the Ukraine (He specifically mentioned a Ranger battalion fighting there) and in the English Channel as well.

This thread's been really fun to read as a sort of prep for encounters like this. It's not the first time I've run into one of these dudes since I'm out all hours of the night but it's always fun to goad them on with 'Then what?'s and 'What then?'s to see how loving crazy their poo poo can get.

BlackIronHeart fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Oct 16, 2015

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I was talking to my grandpa who is generally reasonable but he has some borderline fascist relatives in hungary that he gets all his euro-news from.

I had to stifle my laughing but he started talking about George Soros. I don't even know who this guy is other than the fact that reactionaries in the USA love to blame him for everything despite him being totally involved in most of the things they blame him for. I didn't know he was jewish though, that explains why so many right wing nuts latch onto him. Well apparently the entire Syrian "refugee" crisis was orchestrated by Soros. He's spent a billion dollars buying maps and supplies for the "refugees" and have given them detailed instructons, most of which are ISIS terrorists or not even syrians. He is doing this to destabilize the pure and strong Hungarian nation and it's obviously a long term jew plot to further enrich him self through the chaos. Also the refugees are going to buy all the food in europe and there will be no food left for europeans.

But seriously why are people so obsessed with this Soros guy and insert him into every conspiracy theory?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Baronjutter posted:

I was talking to my grandpa who is generally reasonable but he has some borderline fascist relatives in hungary that he gets all his euro-news from.

I had to stifle my laughing but he started talking about George Soros. I don't even know who this guy is other than the fact that reactionaries in the USA love to blame him for everything despite him being totally involved in most of the things they blame him for. I didn't know he was jewish though, that explains why so many right wing nuts latch onto him. Well apparently the entire Syrian "refugee" crisis was orchestrated by Soros. He's spent a billion dollars buying maps and supplies for the "refugees" and have given them detailed instructons, most of which are ISIS terrorists or not even syrians. He is doing this to destabilize the pure and strong Hungarian nation and it's obviously a long term jew plot to further enrich him self through the chaos. Also the refugees are going to buy all the food in europe and there will be no food left for europeans.

But seriously why are people so obsessed with this Soros guy and insert him into every conspiracy theory?

Because he's Jewish, ultra-rich, socially left and politically active, that's really all it takes.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Esperanto is his first language, which is really weird.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Kit Walker posted:

That's like the third doomsday prediction I've encountered this year.

This is the third one from Christians over the past three weeks.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Totally involved? Do you mean uninvolved?

asdf32
May 15, 2010

I lust for childrens' deaths. Ask me about how I don't care if my kids die.

Baronjutter posted:

He's the Koch brother's for the right.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
No one blames Koch for everything

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Isn't Soros also Hungarian?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CharlestheHammer posted:

People do, but they're just envious of their success.

The craziest Soros thing I've head that's not him being a Lizardman or a member of the Illuminati is that he was one of the architects of the Holocaust. Yes, even as a little boy, he was running the world secretly. He was trying to eliminate all the other Elders of Zion and also be able to use it as leverage after the war to get sympathy from the Western powers to gain control over their governments.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

Don't worry, your check is in the mail and soon you will understand everything about George Soros and his will for humanity.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

CharlestheHammer posted:

They may not be to blame for everything but a significant chunk of America's woes are caused by the Kochs and their pet think tanks.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

People do, but they're just envious of their success.

The craziest Soros thing I've head that's not him being a Lizardman or a member of the Illuminati is that he was one of the architects of the Holocaust. Yes, even as a little boy, he was running the world secretly. He was trying to eliminate all the other Elders of Zion and also be able to use it as leverage after the war to get sympathy from the Western powers to gain control over their governments.

I don't think Soros is a lizardman.

I do think he's a hypocritical rear end in a top hat who got rich off shorting asian currency markets and he didn't care who it hurt.

Why should I think that Soros is acting in the public interest now?

So now after George Soros has made billions of dollars from the suffering of brown children, now he wants to be pretend to be socially responsible.

gently caress that rear end in a top hat.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Shorting currencies is a reasonable action. Sorry that pointing out the Emperor's lack of clothes bothers you. Not submitting to a man who killed his peers and runs The Council single-handedly is just foolish. Sorosbucks spend really well at the local gay-abortionist, which is good because gaybies are expensive.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
What about when he did it to England, was that good and cool?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

thrakkorzog posted:

I don't think Soros is a lizardman.

I do think he's a hypocritical rear end in a top hat who got rich off shorting asian currency markets and he didn't care who it hurt.

Why should I think that Soros is acting in the public interest now?

So now after George Soros has made billions of dollars from the suffering of brown children, now he wants to be pretend to be socially responsible.

gently caress that rear end in a top hat.

I don't understand much about currency trading. Can you tell me how short selling a currency hurts people?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

QuarkJets posted:

I don't understand much about currency trading. Can you tell me how short selling a currency hurts people?

I think it had something to do with the collapse of the Asian Tigers in the early/ mid-90s and the not great economic prospects that Japan and South Korea has had since than for the most part to my understanding.

Though didn't he do something similar to a bunch of the Post-Communist East European nations back in the late 80s/90s as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

point of return posted:

What about when he did it to England, was that good and cool?

If your currency isn't fundamentally weak and you're not lying to people about how strong it is then you're immune, so. Shorting is a valuable activity. It is no more or less predatory than any other aspect of Capitalism. Which is a system imposed on us by literal gnomes.

• Locked thread