Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Windows 98 posted:

Money is on Captain Lance being in the grave.

That was the Queen family grave plot though. It's where his mom was buried. My money's on Thea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

That was the Queen family grave plot though. It's where his mom was buried. My money's on Thea.

Or maybe Felicity Queen. Who died at the alter. Right after the vows. Because they just can't not touch the emo grimdark.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

flosofl posted:

Or maybe Felicity Queen. Who died at the alter. Right after the vows. Because they just can't not touch the emo grimdark.

Hahaha oh my gooddddd she just dies in Ollie's arms her last words "I...do....."

Fuckin Quarles though... drat I love that actor. Excited to see what his big plan is for Starling.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

I hope Diggle's helmet is in that grave.

Hemlock
Jan 17, 2006
Waffle.

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Am I misremembering- didn't they set up (in Arrow S2 and Flash S1) that Ollie had had a child with someone he cheated on Laurel with before the Island? Could be the mother and/or child- cause for angst without actually losing any cast members we currently care about.

Might be a little dark to bring them in and immediately kill them off.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Knowing this show, the grave is gonna be "bamboozle the bad guy and the audience with a fake death".

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Windows 98 posted:

Money is on Captain Lance being in the grave.

"Some dropped ... *my* body?!?... ahhhhhhhhg"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
A new character named Schroedinger will be in the grave.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

greatn posted:

A new character named Schroedinger will be in the grave.

Or will he?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Sereri posted:

Or will he?

Like 50 percent sure.

I really hope they DON'T kill Felicity because I kinda like them together and I hate the comic book "I CAN ONLY BE WITH SOMEONE WHO CAN DEFEND THEMSELVES" plot.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I honestly hope that it gets to be a running gag this season that every time Ollie tries to propose to Felicity they get interrupted by a crisis.
"felicity will you m-?'
"count Vertigo's back!"
"Dammit"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hemlock posted:

Am I misremembering- didn't they set up (in Arrow S2 and Flash S1) that Ollie had had a child with someone he cheated on Laurel with before the Island? Could be the mother and/or child- cause for angst without actually losing any cast members we currently care about.

Might be a little dark to bring them in and immediately kill them off.

Ollie has a kid but IIRC he doesn't know because his mom paid her to leave town.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

Ollie has a kid but IIRC he doesn't know because his mom paid her to leave town.

She did appear in Central City when Ollie showed up last year.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Not planning stuff out all the way works pretty well sometimes considering Felicity wasn't originally going to be a regular.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
In all likelihood, they have an idea of where they want it to go but are keeping the options open up to and including mid-season for fan feedback.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
That final scene with Barry was so weirdly choppy. It feels like it ran longer and they cut a chunk out of the middle. It could just be poor editing though.

Anyway, I appreciated that it just kicked into action right off. Usually they take a few episodes to lay out their big bad.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Excited to see what his big plan is for Starling.

Star City. It's official! :eng101:

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Ville Valo posted:

Star City. It's official! :eng101:

Sadly this is the case. I know it's the name in the comics, but I think Star City is a stupid and generic-sounding name for a city, especially compared to Starling City. Plus now we have Star City on Arrow and STAR Labs on Flash. Too many stars!

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

David D. Davidson posted:

I honestly hope that it gets to be a running gag this season that every time Ollie tries to propose to Felicity they get interrupted by a crisis.
"felicity will you m-?'
"count Vertigo's back!"
"Dammit"

I really want Vertigo to come back multiple times and each time he gets killed with even more arrows than the last.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

Sadly this is the case. I know it's the name in the comics, but I think Star City is a stupid and generic-sounding name for a city, especially compared to Starling City. Plus now we have Star City on Arrow and STAR Labs on Flash. Too many stars!

They are generic. Coast City, Hub City, Central City, Metropolis, even Gotham. They're not names, they're adjectives.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
And Ollicity's suburb is apparently in Ivy Town, the generic college city from Atom comics.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Whizbang posted:

And Ollicity's suburb is apparently in Ivy Town, the generic college city from Atom comics.

Makes sense, it's invested with wasps.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Mooseontheloose posted:

I really hope they DON'T kill Felicity because I kinda like them together and I hate the comic book "I CAN ONLY BE WITH SOMEONE WHO CAN DEFEND THEMSELVES" plot.

I agree, I like them together too. Felicity and Oliver had much better chemistry than Laurel and Oliver. They fit better all around imo. I also think Laurel deserves to make her own way outside of Oliver Queen.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Although after last season it doesn't make a whole lot of sense that Oliver can still like Felicity.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

Joe Gillian posted:

I hope Diggle's helmet is in that grave.

But how else will he keep Professor X from reading his mind?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Boy, Hal Jordan is an rear end in a top hat for not doing anything when a bar full of people kidnapped someone.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Hal Jordan is an rear end in a top hat? I'm more shocked than Barry Allen!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Whizbang posted:

Hal Jordan is an rear end in a top hat? I'm more shocked than Barry Allen!

Hal Jordan is such an rear end in a top hat, I hope if he appears in this season, he is played by William Zabka or something.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
NYCC sizzle reel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N1JAz4THwU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Of course the jaw's not right. It needs the Van Dyke.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Just watched the season premiere, enjoyed it. Hopefully this season will be better than last. Oliver's line about Felicity failing the omelette was hilarious.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Oliver and Felicity together is much, much more enjoyable to watch than Oliver and Felicity getting together was.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

So are we looking at flashbacks, present time, and flashforwards?

Edit: Also Neal McDonough absolutely killed it. He just has the perfect way of delivering crazy. See Justified.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Oct 12, 2015

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

XboxPants posted:

Oliver and Felicity together is much, much more enjoyable to watch than Oliver and Felicity getting together was.

Yeah I hope they just treat it the way they treat Diggle. They're just in a relationship, don't try and drive wedges between them at every opportunity.

Last season was ridiculous for all the hurdle jumping they had to do, not to mention her and Palmer were just the better fit.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Or maybe it's supposed to be somewhere else and the producers only have the budget for one graveyard set...

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

For real grimdark its the kid that he didn't even know he had that Moira shuffled off to Flashtown.

Actually since Barry is also there that makes way more sense.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Good first episode.

Random thoughts: Thea's superhero crouch above the warehouse was silly, moreso in that leather. Olly's reveal of 'the green arrow' was also very silly.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

1 800 J JAMES posted:

Olly's reveal of 'the green arrow' was also very silly.

felt like a bad wrestling promo.

Also the grave is totally Detective Chief CanaryDad™... The dude had been on borrowed time for well over a season. Or ollie is getting all :emo: over White Canary's since we know she will WYSE FWOM HUUR GWAAAAAAAAVE soon enough.

But it's totally Detective Chief CanaryDad

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

bbf2 posted:

Or maybe it's supposed to be somewhere else and the producers only have the budget for one graveyard set...

It could be in an alternate universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Kibayasu posted:

So are we looking at flashbacks, present time, and flashforwards?

Edit: Also Neal McDonough absolutely killed it. He just has the perfect way of delivering crazy. See Justified.

He's my favorite adult baby.

• Locked thread