Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Actually, I think the question is, why didn't he just possess, say, Mr. Garcia, who came face-to-face with the dog while it was possessed. Also why it went for Jeff instead of Max or Isabel, etc. There's probably something behind all that, though at the moment I'm not sure what.

You need to have a weak fighting spirit before you can get possessed. And Jeff, having just been bullied was the weakest person around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
I'd guess that Hijack can't take over spectrals.

Would that make Mr. Garcia a spectral? I'm glad you asked, you see,

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Kabanaw posted:

I'd guess that Hijack can't take over spectrals.

Would that make Mr. Garcia a spectral? I'm glad you asked, you see,

Well, there is something weird going on with that guy.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

It's where Spender broods and pretends he can drink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDriM3_K6rw

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
:allears:

Never stop Cryo.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Lmao this game of hitball is never going to end

http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-68

maybe if you'd start thinking BIGGER than your pack of mangy pals, and try volunteering at a local SOUP KITCHEN or sending letters TO YOUR STATE SENATOR, i wouldn't have to injure all these children

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

If I was willing to drop 10 $ on an Internet avatar, you bet I would take the "this is why we don't have world peace" girl.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

paradoxGentleman posted:

If I was willing to drop 10 $ on an Internet avatar, you bet I would take the "this is why we don't have world peace" girl.

They're only $5 for your own avatar.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

HiJeff is out of the game, isn't he? He just won't quit the field. So the only players left on that side are Izzy and Ball Golem. She could easily roll over herself.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Her ball got caught.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

MikeJF posted:

HiJeff is out of the game, isn't he? He just won't quit the field. So the only players left on that side are Izzy and Ball Golem. She could easily roll over herself.

HiJeff caught the ball that hit him, he's still in the game.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

The rules for hitball seemed relatively simple the first time they were explained but they seem to generate a lot of confusion.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i'm sure it'll be easier to follow in the anime

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

The two people who won't quit the field are RJ and Ollie. Both got hit and both are out but neither have left the field yet.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Kabanaw posted:

HiJeff caught the ball that hit him, he's still in the game.

Ah, drat.

Eh, gently caress it, just unload at him, guys, instead of hanging around listening to him speechify.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

neogeo0823 posted:

The two people who won't quit the field are RJ and Ollie. Both got hit and both are out but neither have left the field yet.

Wait when did they get hit exactly? Think I missed that.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GlyphGryph posted:

Wait when did they get hit exactly? Think I missed that.

RJ literally got hit last page. Ollie took the hit from Cody during the combined counter attack.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Oct 9, 2015

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

RJ literally got hit last page. Ollie took the hit from Cody during the combined counter attack.

Oh, yep. Man, these updates are coming too slow, I'm already forgetting how we got here haha.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I thought the Ball Golem was flipping the bird before I realized this was a PG comic.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

oddium posted:

i'm sure it'll be easier to follow in the anime

Each strip will be a full episode

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Blackheart posted:

Each strip will be a full episode

Ah, so the anime will be moving at One Piece speeds.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Years from now when will Namek blow up will be replaced with when the gently caress is hitball going to end

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Calaveron posted:

Years from now when will Namek blow up will be replaced with when the gently caress is hitball going to end
There's another One Piece joke in here somewhere but like hell can I figure out how to make it.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Poison Mushroom posted:

There's another One Piece joke in here somewhere but like hell can I figure out how to make it.

"When will we get to Fishman Island?" was a thing from Ennies Lobby until, well, Fishman island. So two years, in story and about four in real life.

e: Cody spends the next three weeks just screaming "JEFFU!" over and over again while running back towards the field.

Rohan Kishibe fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Oct 9, 2015

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

When're they getting out of the loving GYM

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
How long has hitball lasted now?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
gently caress you all for wanting this arc to end quickly.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

WHEN ARE THEY GETTING OFF THIS GODDAMN TRAIN

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Bell_ posted:

Look, hitball is fun and all but I'd like to get on with the main plot. The fact that it's delivered to us so scarcily and over such a great amount of time compounds the problem.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You can probably compress hit all to like 8-10 pages.

Zack needs an editor.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

paradoxGentleman posted:

Look, hitball is fun and all but I'd like to get on with the main plot. The fact that it's delivered to us so scarcily and over such a great amount of time compounds the problem.

What, exactly, is the main plot, though? Like, this is half-rhetorical and half-serious; so far the comic has been entirely dealing with various spirit issues with seemingly no connections between them beyond the kids and Spender; we haven't even had the same non-tool/possessing ghosts show up in more than one arc, outside of the brief Forge, Doorman, and spirit rabbit cameos.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
HItball seems to be mainly about characterisation.

whateverfor
Jul 23, 2007
fuck you sped

Bell_ posted:

I don't want it to end quickly exactly, but the first page of Hitball was posted on April 3rd.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

paranatural owns, a lot of cool things have happened during hitball, who cares how long it's been

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Bell_ posted:

We manage to get a bit more characterization from Ed, who for a bit seem just like the one liner of the group.
We saw Issac's insecurities before hitball. Even though most figured out, it was nice to see that Dimitiri does indeed have spectral powers.

Moreso, we had more Johnny.

I hope next chapter there is no Johnny at all to spite you all. :colbert:

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Oct 10, 2015

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
People who complain about story arcs being long should read Girl Genius and the Endless Castle to learn patience.

Either that or get some Ritalin to treat their ADD.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Maybe if Zack updated 3 times a week instead of two and didn't skip like every 3rd update, we'd be at the end of the arc by now. Really though, there's no way around that.

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

neogeo0823 posted:

Maybe if Zack updated 3 times a week instead of two and didn't skip like every 3rd update, we'd be at the end of the arc by now. Really though, there's no way around that.

Isn't Zack in college though? His comic is great, but he still has a life and everything which means he can't dedicate all of his time into making the next strip. Besides, isn't the main reason he's been skipping updates lately because of wrist troubles? Dude needs to take his time.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

VerdantSquire posted:

Isn't Zack in college though? His comic is great, but he still has a life and everything which means he can't dedicate all of his time into making the next strip. Besides, isn't the main reason he's been skipping updates lately because of wrist troubles? Dude needs to take his time.

I was joking. 3 updates/week is the Gunnerkirgg Court schedule, and people still bitch in that thread about slow chapters sometimes. :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Roland Jones posted:

What, exactly, is the main plot, though? Like, this is half-rhetorical and half-serious; so far the comic has been entirely dealing with various spirit issues with seemingly no connections between them beyond the kids and Spender; we haven't even had the same non-tool/possessing ghosts show up in more than one arc, outside of the brief Forge, Doorman, and spirit rabbit cameos.

The spectrals cannot leave Mayview because of the barrier, but Max's Dad suggested going to visit wherever they were before going there, and Max has no valid excuse to say no. There is a whole spirit-related association which Spencer is a part of, but we don't know what do they want nor what their plans are. There is another magical association which the first one dislikes but we know even less about them. There's Forge. There is that one spirit who possessed Max that Doorman knows about.

There are actually rather a lot of plot threads left hanging, and although I am enjoying this arc I wouldn't mind moving along and exploring those.

But this is a problem with all webcomics as a medium that you do not catch after they are finished, and it's saying something that my biggest complaint about this comis is that I want more of it.