Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I think Talon is good for learning assassins because he's pretty strong and he also doesn't really have the ability to just distortion back or return to a shadow or whatever. You learn to pick good engages on Talon or you die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

rabidsquid posted:

You either rush mobis and roam or you lose

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Don't pick Amumu jungle, he sucks and is not a good way to learn jungle atm imo. Xin Zhao and Vi are much better simple picks to learn jungle.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
xin zhao is piss easy so probably your best bet there, although obviously you have a way into a fight but no way out which can get awkward sometimes

the best support to learn the position with is bard, because once you start playing him you never have any reason to play other champions

best top is maokai or nautilus because theyre stupidly invulnerable to harm even against riven prima donna dipshits

i dont care about mid

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Maokai hasn't been good in a long time.

Malphite is brain dead easy and has an amazing win team fights ult.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

You guys sure are arguing about a large diversity of brainless champs. Wonder what that says about the game itself.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.
Annie is a really bad mid to learn: she's very binary and her csing is brainless thanks to the Q change awhile back. I'd say Ahri is a better mid to learn because she has been in meta near constantly since release and is incredibly easy to play. Orianna is a good control mage to learn once you're comfortable with the role because she too is rarely ever out of meta and crushes teamfights past mid-game.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Malphite with Cinderhulk into Titanic Hydra owns

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

I actually feel like ADCs are in a decent spot right now. Most of the Juggernauts have taken some nerfs, people have more hp items that don't give armor and are good, armor's a little more expensive and people are playing more champs that have trouble diving like Shyvana or Darius. Guys like Corki and Graves that want to burst people out are pretty weak but if you pick a champ with self peel like vayne or trist or a champ with long range like Varus, Kog or Jinx then you aren't weak. You can't pick Graves, dash in and right click people to win but things are nowhere near as bad as they were a month ago.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

as an adc/support main i feel like im in a decent position

but i would welcome the buffs anyways :downs:

GoldenSeraph
Mar 8, 2006
reincarnation time!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nfrWwEMZ9I

I've played a few games as this kind of Poppy and its the funniest poo poo ever.

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.
How to break a losing streak:

step 1) well you have to be on a losing streak first so just hop on around 11 am looking for first win of the day after a game or two
step 2) four hours and 6 losses later just wait for the enemy team to pick a double jungle pantheon/shaco game
step 3) wait no lost that game too

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

NovemberMike posted:

I actually feel like ADCs are in a decent spot right now. Most of the Juggernauts have taken some nerfs, people have more hp items that don't give armor and are good, armor's a little more expensive and people are playing more champs that have trouble diving like Shyvana or Darius.

Ironically all of the changes have made Malphite the best top laner so ADCs still don't get a break.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
I don't think AD carry is a weak role right now, but I do think it's the weakest role right now

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I'm not too concerned with how weak/strong ADC is, but I've mained the role for like 3 years now and it's never been less fun to play relative to the other roles than it is at the moment, which is a problem

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

How Rude posted:

Don't pick Amumu jungle, he sucks and is not a good way to learn jungle atm imo. Xin Zhao and Vi are much better simple picks to learn jungle.

Amumu has one of the biggest brain dead "fight time now" ultimates in the game though, which makes him exceptionally good in solo queue.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

The Mash posted:

I'm not too concerned with how weak/strong ADC is, but I've mained the role for like 3 years now and it's never been less fun to play relative to the other roles than it is at the moment, which is a problem

There's no way this is true

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The meta where thorn mail rammus/amumu were in 2/3rds of my games was the worst meta.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The meta at even the beginning of this season was far worse for ADCs as well, overtuned Cinderhulk in jungle + top lane with the OP gromp buff. Juggernauts are pretty tame.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

NTT posted:

The meta where thorn mail rammus/amumu were in 2/3rds of my games was the worst meta.

I can't tell if you are talking about Season 2, or this week where Amumu and Rammus are the #1 and #3 highest win rate junglers in the game.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Libertine posted:

I can't tell if you are talking about Season 2, or this week where Amumu and Rammus are the #1 and #3 highest win rate junglers in the game.

Basically every meta is horrible to play ADC in

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

exethan posted:

Basically every meta is horrible to play ADC in

Season 2 MF laning with soraka was a good meta to be an adc in.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Firebert posted:

The meta at even the beginning of this season was far worse for ADCs as well, overtuned Cinderhulk in jungle + top lane with the OP gromp buff. Juggernauts are pretty tame.

I could literally grab a cinder and thornmail and smite the frog and the ADC would be dead before I even lost 20% of my health.

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!

foutre posted:

Season 2 MF laning with soraka was a good meta to be an adc in.

The glory days where people farmed with MF ultimate because it was "useless" despite hitting 2x as hard as the current version, in magic damage. :allears:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Drone_Fragger posted:

Amumu has one of the biggest brain dead "fight time now" ultimates in the game though, which makes him exceptionally good in solo queue.

that's assuming the idiots can land a good one in the first place

(read: never)

GoldenSeraph posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nfrWwEMZ9I

I've played a few games as this kind of Poppy and its the funniest poo poo ever.

I'm gonna try this build next time I play Poppy top, should be fun.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Ormi posted:

The glory days where people farmed with MF ultimate because it was "useless" despite hitting 2x as hard as the current version, in magic damage. :allears:

The classic hit 6, take dragon fight, ult enemy team when they contest, win game strategy.

I think that was also back when Taric/Sivir was considered a broken lane in solo q (at least, in silver) because you could point and click stun and then boomerang and that poo poo was OP.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

foutre posted:

[..] Taric/Sivir was considered a broken lane in solo q (at least, in silver) because you could point and click stun and then boomerang and that poo poo was OP.

The more things change...

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Libertine posted:

Season 2 of course

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

How Rude posted:

that's assuming the idiots can land a good one in the first place

(read: never)

I was going to try this but Poppy Top in Team Builder has like a 30 minute wait time so I guess not.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

How Rude posted:

Oh, it's fun, just went 19/6/13. Lost anyway due to an AFK Tristana and an AD Nunu. Oh, and an ADC Gnar. It sure was a game of Legends, alright.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Oct 10, 2015

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

Maokai hasn't been good in a long time.

maokai is extremely epic

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
goddamn, why do I have to buy rune pages? runes already cost a poo poo ton of ip.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I've always needed a pro top pick...

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Searching everywhere is giving me no results: is the Team champs AD bundle flexible priced? TIA

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
around 50 lines of chat were written fighting over who gets to jungle.

Solved it in about 5 seconds.

quote:

Furoncrypto: yea i saw the same
Caster Minion: whoever locks first gets it
Caster Minion: go
Furoncrypto: dude...
Josh3212: thats not how it works m8
Furoncrypto: dont encourage that lol
Josh3212: dont do that
Lanyou: dude ur gunna solve world peace
Lanyou: when u grow up

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

tear essence reaver op

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Tired Moritz posted:

tear essence reaver op

teleport ignite azir...

space kobold
Oct 3, 2009

I'm starting to really get into Heimerdinger. Which means my most often played ranked champions are Teemo, Fizz, and Heimer.

:ohdear:

It's ok though, my highest winrate champion is still Sona. With lichbane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Tear/ER is completely legitimate since you get to leave the toggle on for longer lategame

• Locked thread