Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
What the gently caress was that from Cuthbert?
He is the shittest player I've seen for Wales since the 90s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
It's a bit harsh as he's Cuthbert, everyone knows he can't catch.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Jerusalem posted:

Oh my God and now Australia might be getting a penalty try :stare:

It's ok, we now get the advantage of not having to field Alex Cuthbert.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Boo to that

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?
Gatland looked a bit cranky

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Some amazing defence from 13 man Oz to win that one. There seems to be a lot of willingness by Wales but the execution was really lacking and they just couldn't score, it's something for Gatland and co. to look at before the Saffa game. I'm still pretty amazed Wales have gotten through this group.

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

Gatland's cobbled together team of puddings look slow and poo poo and fuckin fail as hell.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?
A year ago, you wouldn't have picked Australia to top their pool

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
So I'm kind of willing to say that aus are going to win the cup now because holy balls.

Also Wales are going to lose to South Africa by 1 point when Cuthbert literally waves his dick at the ref moments before the final whistle.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Add Jonathan Davies, Scott Williams, Rhys Webb and Halfpenny to that team and I'd be gutted to lose that game.
Take them out and Wales have overachieved this World Cup.

It would be worth it if Cuthbert doesn't play for Wales again.

TRISHY
Apr 12, 2005

Mr Chips posted:

A year ago, you wouldn't have picked Australia to top their pool

They would've given up after the second yellow card.
That was amazing.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Game of the tournament for me so far, it was all won with 15 mins of savage defending. Wales did seem to forget the simplest way to score a try though: just gently caress it out to the wings

E: and now to watch the English funeral march which I hear they couldn't give away tickets to heh

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

SomeDrunkenMick posted:

Game of the tournament for me so far, it was all won with 15 mins of savage defending. Wales did seem to forget the simplest way to score a try though: just gently caress it out to the wings

E: and now to watch the English funeral march which I hear they couldn't give away tickets to heh

I was half tempted to go and mock them but there is a league game at old Trafford and I can't be arsed with that traffic.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

SomeDrunkenMick posted:

Guscott talked about the 1995 3rd place play off being the worst game he ever played in. Imagine how much worse it's going to be for the England team going into this game.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Have Uruguay shown any inkling of talent that may allow a hint at an upset tonight?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

julian assflange posted:

Have Uruguay shown any inkling of talent that may allow a hint at an upset tonight?

No but that may not stop England from completing their descent into rugby shame.

e: Just finished watching the Scotland - Samoa game. Do the Samaons not know what "below the shoulders" means?

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

julian assflange posted:

They can't score tries, but they can certainly force and convert penalties.

-

If Uruguay can either :

Stay within 32 points of England

or

Score 16 points

or

Score a try

Then England will have put in the worst performance of any team in the group, and cannot possibly argue that they had any chance of qualifying for the knockout stages.

If Uruguay can somehow pick up a losing bonus point, then this is the darkest day in the history of English rugby.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'll put down a euro on Uruguay at 66/1 then :getin:

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Well, Uruguay won the anthems!

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Wales win that game if Rhys Webb plays. Their 9 made multiple poo poo decisions when they were two men up

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Seems to be than Uruguay are good lads who mean well and that England are a bunch of thugs

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Awww. England are going to win Try Of The Tournament :{

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

Tyma posted:

Awww. England are going to win Try Of The Tournament :{

In the same way Launchbury was MotM against Australia?

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
The guardian live commentary is hilarious.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Getting penalties out of the Uruguay scrum just feels weird. Who cares if you can out scrummage Uruguay, just get the ball and do something exciting

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Plucky Brit posted:

The guardian live commentary is hilarious.

The Robshaw catch pass one was mean but funny

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
Never a better example of flat-track bullying.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
:smith: that sucks what a silly error

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ref is awfully quick to punish Uruguay

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
A Tier 1 team would've been given a warning there

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Watching the games now via recordings - Scotland v Samoa was fantastic, 30 minutes in Wales v Australia is garbage.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Smorgasbord posted:

30 minutes in Wales v Australia is garbage.

Just wait.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
So if England had drawn against Wales they would have qualified now.

Edit: I think Robshaw will be reminded of that for the rest of his life.

Plucky Brit fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Oct 10, 2015

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

butros posted:

Just wait.

Nope it was garbage all through.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Plucky Brit posted:

So if England had drawn against Wales they would have qualified now.

Edit: I think Robshaw will be reminded of that for the rest of his life.

If Wales had drawn against England they would have kicked for the bonus point against australia.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

This is the last time we have to hear that lovely song right?

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

bigfoot again posted:

If Wales had drawn against England they would have kicked for the bonus point against australia.

It wouldn't have mattered, England would still have gone through.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Smorgasbord posted:

Nope it was garbage all through.

You suck at watching rugby.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

a pipe smoking dog posted:

You suck at watching rugby.

That was a straight up terrible game sorry. I fastforwarded through all the breaks in play leaving about 10 minutes of actual gametime which mostly consisted of Welsh incompetency and decent Australian defence. Refer to Samoa v Scotland for an example of an actually good game of rugby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Smorgasbord posted:

That was a straight up terrible game sorry.

Well, John Inverdale just described it as a breath taking match, so who are we to disagree? :colbert: