Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Forever_Peace posted:

While we're at it, all of Chris Harris' goddamned lolrandom meme-jokes can go eat a bag of dicks.

Trashbag TRich balloon sunk by a hug flexual healing oh man hilarious.

He has a lot of lovely quirks but his game film reviews are great. I listen to his podcast on double speed so I can check out during the cringey meme bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002

Spoeank posted:

He has a lot of lovely quirks but his game film reviews are great. I listen to his podcast on double speed so I can check out during the cringey meme bullshit.

Do you have a link to the game film part?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I have no RB2 and this other guy sitting at 0-4 has no WRs. He wants my Cobb for his Lacy which would give me a lineup of Peyton - Cooper - Landry - Forte - Lacy - Streamer TE - Seahawks D. My bench is DGB, Christine Michael, Tevin Coleman, Bishop Sankey, and two TEs that I'm hanging on to because this is a fourteen person league and the waiver wire is hot garbage. I think DGB will eventually become a decent flex play but the rest of the RBs are clearly hail marys.

1 PPR. Should I pull the trigger?

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

Doltos posted:

I have no RB2 and this other guy sitting at 0-4 has no WRs. He wants my Cobb for his Lacy which would give me a lineup of Peyton - Cooper - Landry - Forte - Lacy - Streamer TE - Seahawks D. My bench is DGB, Christine Michael, Tevin Coleman, Bishop Sankey, and two TEs that I'm hanging on to because this is a fourteen person league and the waiver wire is hot garbage. I think DGB will eventually become a decent flex play but the rest of the RBs are clearly hail marys.

1 PPR. Should I pull the trigger?

Dude Cobb for Lacy is drat robbery what are you waiting for?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

24-7 Urkel Cosplay posted:

Dude Cobb for Lacy is drat robbery what are you waiting for?

Why is it robbery? With 1/4 of the season in the books, Cobb has nearly double Lacy's fantasy points in a full PPR league.

Cobb finished last season with more total points than Lacy even though he had Jordy Nelson score even more on top of that. Lacy is currently on pace to put up his worst numbers of his short career, of course this could be due to his ankle sprain. But the packers cut back his work going from his rookie season to his sophomore season and they could do the same this year. His carries will definitely increase pace, but i don't see him scoring more TD's than he did last year, but Cobb can easily replicate or even surpass his lofty TD number last season.

It may just be my opinion but in a full PPR league after 4 games, i think i would rather stick with Cobb, i understand trading for Lacy, but imo it's definitely not robbery.

edit: If you were to trade, i'd probably see if you can package Cooper + someone else for a RB2.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Oct 10, 2015

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

VietCampo posted:

Why is it robbery? With 1/4 of the season in the books, Cobb has nearly double Lacy's fantasy points in a full PPR league.

Cobb finished last season with more total points than Lacy even though he had Jordy Nelson score even more on top of that. Lacy is currently on pace to put up his worst numbers of his short career, of course this could be due to his ankle sprain. But the packers cut back his work going from his rookie season to his sophomore season and they could do the same this year. His carries will definitely increase pace, but i don't see him scoring more TD's than he did last year, but Cobb can easily replicate or even surpass his lofty TD number last season.

It may just be my opinion but in a full PPR league after 4 games, i think i would rather stick with Cobb, i understand trading for Lacy, but imo it's definitely not robbery.

edit: If you were to trade, i'd probably see if you can package Cooper + someone else for a RB2.

Yep this is pretty much the entire reason I hesitated.

I've been getting insulting offers for Cooper for a while but someone offered me Gurley for him and I had to take a long think about it. I kinda want to hang on to Cooper, I think he can do big things this year. I think the Raiders are sneaky underrated on offense because their of their offensive line. Football Outsiders is grading them 3rd for pass blocking and 11th for run blocking which means big route runners like Crab and Cooper have plenty of time to get to their cuts. Their defense is just bad enough to cause them to have to pass all game too.

Really out all my receivers I'd want to move Landry the most. That's a whole other can of worms for the trade scenarios that go down in my league.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Doltos posted:

Yep this is pretty much the entire reason I hesitated.

I've been getting insulting offers for Cooper for a while but someone offered me Gurley for him and I had to take a long think about it. I kinda want to hang on to Cooper, I think he can do big things this year. I think the Raiders are sneaky underrated on offense because their of their offensive line. Football Outsiders is grading them 3rd for pass blocking and 11th for run blocking which means big route runners like Crab and Cooper have plenty of time to get to their cuts. Their defense is just bad enough to cause them to have to pass all game too.

Really out all my receivers I'd want to move Landry the most. That's a whole other can of worms for the trade scenarios that go down in my league.

I'd have taken Gurley for Cooper, he's gonna be a drat fine RB2 imo. You need a lot more help at RB than WR if you are really expecting DGB to break out.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

VietCampo posted:

I'd have taken Gurley for Cooper, he's gonna be a drat fine RB2 imo. You need a lot more help at RB than WR if you are really expecting DGB to break out.

This is pretty funny because I just made an offer to the Cooper owner of Doug Martin and Golden Tate, which I know was a lowball. But he countered with Gurley for Cooper which was exactly the compromise I thought would happen. He is very needy at RB but I probably gave him too much time to think about it because he decided to pass before I responded. I have Ingram and Lewis, with Lamar Miller, Martin, and Gurley as backup RBs. I think with my lack of a solid WR2 (have Tate and Stevie), I need to be more aggressive about getting a WR2.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer
Someone offered to trade me T.J. Yeldon and Melvin Gordon for CJ Anderson. Seems like it'd be decent but I figured I'll ask the Goonmind.

My current team: (.5 PPR) I'd probably drop Crowell/Watkins for Gordon.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Spoeank posted:

I listen to his podcast on double speed so I can check out during the cringey meme bullshit.

This is going to come in handy. Also, he looks like he's just woken up in a morgue.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Just got offered Jeremy Hill for my TJ Yeldon. I already have Latavius Murray and Forte as my starting backs, is this a mash accept?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Spoeank posted:

Yeah I listen pretty frequently too, mostly because he is a staunch contrarian and I think dissent is important for making good choices. I still trust the Grantland guys to be right the most about players and teams, but I like it when different people put their best possible cases for and against guys forward.

Still scratching my head over his love for Joique though. He's pretty clearly sucked for quite a while.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

VietCampo posted:

On a side note DGB has looked good so far

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Lol. Someone dropped Rishard Matthews to waivers because of the bye. He's the 16th best scoring WR in my league.

I have the 2nd, 3rd, 11th, and 16th best WRs in my league. Feels good man

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Lol. Someone dropped Rishard Matthews to waivers because of the bye. He's the 16th best scoring WR in my league.

Oh yea??? Well i have the 43rd best WR (Cooks) in my league! Eat that :suicide:

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

My Julio/Fitz/Edelman is currently 1/2/4 on a per game basis. Alshon is bye week filler. It's nice having plenty of depth for once.

But re: Rishard, you gotta squint pretty hard to see a top 20 WR rest of season. He was completely invisible last week and I can't imagine he won't have more games just like that down the line. I still think Stills and Parker are better deep threats for Tannehill anyways.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I have Julio/A.Brown in one league and Julio/Green/Cobb in another :getin:

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
I managed to turn my third-to-last draft pick of the Kansas City defence into CJ Anderson this week, I figure he's got to be at least better than anyone else drafted in the 13th round...

Romo is sitting in free agency, I'll probably scoop him up to replace the Alex Smith streaming spot I'm running this week...

Kansas City, the chiefs in fantasy football disposability.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

:bahgawd:

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

Rorobb posted:

Just got offered Jeremy Hill for my TJ Yeldon. I already have Latavius Murray and Forte as my starting backs, is this a mash accept?

Hill and Yeldon owner here, do it immediately. Hill will bounce back.

Also Martavis Bryant apparently "tweaked his knee" and looks unlikely to make his debut. Sorry Vick. :laffo:

Harold Cooplowski fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Oct 10, 2015

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Harold Cooplowski posted:

Hill and Yeldon owner here, do it immediately. Hill will bounce back.

Also Martavis Bryant apparently "tweaked his knee" and looks unlikely to make his debut. Sorry Vick. :laffo:

I just realized how many fanduel lineups I had him in.

Reggie Died
Mar 24, 2004
How does Yahoo handle waiver's with Thursday night games?

Andre Johnson hit the waiver's Wednesday morning when he was dropped for another player picked up on waivers. He was just picked up this morning by another manager.

Given that he played Thursday, should he not have been locked Thursday, and clear Sunday? If he put in a bid (FAAB league) prior to the game, would that have locked him out?

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
I have the chance to pick up Antonio Gates from FA. I currently have a poo poo load of running backs (starters are Peterson and Gore), and I guess I should drop one of M. Gordon, R. Hillman, G. Bernard or CJ Spiller. I think the most likely candidates to get the axe are Hillman and Spiller, but I'm not too sure.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Badly Jester posted:

I have the chance to pick up Antonio Gates from FA. I currently have a poo poo load of running backs (starters are Peterson and Gore), and I guess I should drop one of M. Gordon, R. Hillman, G. Bernard or CJ Spiller. I think the most likely candidates to get the axe are Hillman and Spiller, but I'm not too sure.

I think the more important question is who your current TE is? Carrying a backup TE is usually stupid so why isn't whoever it is a candidate to drop instead of your RBs?

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Murphy Brownback posted:

I think the more important question is who your current TE is? Carrying a backup TE is usually stupid so why isn't whoever it is a candidate to drop instead of your RBs?

Well, I am new to FF, so I do stupid poo poo all the time (see: how many loving RBs I'm carrying. I haven't even mentioned my starters). I have Bennett, and I don't think should be dropping him for his bye?

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Badly Jester posted:

Well, I am new to FF, so I do stupid poo poo all the time (see: how many loving RBs I'm carrying. I haven't even mentioned my starters). I have Bennett, and I don't think should be dropping him for his bye?

Your RBs all hold value. Unless you're in a less than ten player league I wouldn't drop anyone. It's too late in the week for a two-for-one trade. Is there no one else to drop?

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002

Murphy Brownback posted:

Should I drop Clay or Walker, as I have 2 TEs currently.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Mr. BT posted:

Should I drop Clay or Walker, as I have 2 TEs currently.

For who? Clay has been performing better lately points-wise but Walker I think is generally better and is coming off an injury. Don't drop players unless you are getting someone better. If I had to pick one or the other with a gun to my head I'd go Walker, but with non-Gronk TEs it's more of a coinflip like kickers are. Some weeks they'll get you a lot, most weeks you'll get 2-6 points from them.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Reggie Died posted:

How does Yahoo handle waiver's with Thursday night games?

Andre Johnson hit the waiver's Wednesday morning when he was dropped for another player picked up on waivers. He was just picked up this morning by another manager.

Given that he played Thursday, should he not have been locked Thursday, and clear Sunday? If he put in a bid (FAAB league) prior to the game, would that have locked him out?

Check your league settings. He's on waivers until Oct 14 under the default settings.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Ayudo posted:

Your RBs all hold value. Unless you're in a less than ten player league I wouldn't drop anyone. It's too late in the week for a two-for-one trade. Is there no one else to drop?

I'm in an 8 man league where people don't trade much. My starting RBs are Peterson and Gore or Ivory, so I kind of feel like all of the other guys are overkill. Don't ask how they even ended up on my roster. The other people on my bench are currently Dez Bryant and Rishard Matthews, which is why I figured it'd be better to drop an RB. I just saw that I must have picked up Bradshaw one night when I was drunk, so I guess that's another candidate to get the axe (though he'd make a handcuff if he gets signed, I guess).

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Badly Jester posted:

I'm in an 8 man league where people don't trade much. My starting RBs are Peterson and Gore or Ivory, so I kind of feel like all of the other guys are overkill. Don't ask how they even ended up on my roster. The other people on my bench are currently Dez Bryant and Rishard Matthews, which is why I figured it'd be better to drop an RB. I just saw that I must have picked up Bradshaw one night when I was drunk, so I guess that's another candidate to get the axe (though he'd make a handcuff if he gets signed, I guess).

Bradshaw is a very marginal bench player in an eight team league. I wouldn't bother rostering him until Adam Schefter says he's getting signed. You also don't need to worry about rostering Gates this far in advance of Bennett's bye week unless you feel he's going to return to TE2 form.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ayudo posted:

Bradshaw is a very marginal bench player in an eight team league. I wouldn't bother rostering him until Adam Schefter says he's getting signed. You also don't need to worry about rostering Gates this far in advance of Bennett's bye week unless you feel he's going to return to TE2 form.

Bradshaw isn't even close to rosterable in an 8 team league. Drop him for almost anyone, including Gates, IMO.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Antionio Brown and Ameer Abdullah for Jamaal Charles and Amari Cooper? which one?

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

VietCampo posted:

Antionio Brown and Ameer Abdullah for Jamaal Charles and Amari Cooper? which one?

Charles cooper

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Mr. BT posted:

Do you have a link to the game film part?

He gives his impressions of what he saw on game film on Mondays and Tuesdays on his podcasts. He breaks it up evenly and goes through most, if not all, games.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Stevie is officially out on Monday night. Get him out of your lineups.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
well i guess the .8 from moncreif is better than stevie's 0

:negative:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I'm phone-posting otherwise I'd use screenshots. The Luck owner in my league is open to moving him. So I'm trying to work out a good deal.

Here's my team:

QB - Tyrod, Stafford
RB - LVB, D.Murray, Ivory, Mathews, Melvin Gordon
WR - Jeffrey, J.Matthews, K.Allen, Wright, VJax, Terrence Williams
TE - Kelce
D/ST - Rotates
K - Santos

And his:

QB - Luck, Bradford
RB - Bernard, Randle, CJ?K, Reggie Bush
WR - A.Brown, Cooks, John Brown, Cruz, Colston, Dorsett
TE - Daniels, Watson
D/ST - Bills
K - Catanzaro

So what's a fair offer that's not gutting my depth? I know Luck's value has fallen, but if I can get him and upgrade from Tyrod, I'd like to.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Charles cooper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Why people so down on Nick Foles this week? Green Bay is gonna spank them and Foles will have 3 garbage time TDs.

• Locked thread