Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

A person just owning a gun doesn't suddenly turn them into a crazed Republican gun nut either. poo poo, wasn't there pictures of Obama going to the range in the past?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Kit Walker posted:

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/United-Kingdom/United-States/Crime

It's kinda weird how the UK has significantly more crime than the US but the US has significantly more violent crime than the UK. They must be handing out a lot of tickets?

Also please compare the firearm murders.
Yeah, the basic soundbite I've heard is that you're more likely to be mugged in the UK, but more likely to be killed in the US.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

ErIog posted:

gently caress off.

I really wish the suicide angle would gain more traction in the media. It would be really easy to paint the right wing into a corner on it over seeming callous about the deaths of mentally ill people.

Nobody gives a poo poo about mentally ill people and further still a lot of people have active scorn for them and view their illness as a personal failure of character. Like honestly if elementary school children being killed didn't do anything then nothing is going to. Depressed people killing themselves isn't even going to register. Try again next generation.

Mantis42 posted:

A person just owning a gun doesn't suddenly turn them into a crazed Republican gun nut either. poo poo, wasn't there pictures of Obama going to the range in the past?

He did some really transparent photo ops firing a gun, yes.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
It wasn't enough for Republicans that that skeet shooting pic was staged. They said it was a photoshop. They believed that it was impossible that Obama could even pick up a gun.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Trilas posted:

Title of the article: Actor Kelsey Grammar Stuns Internet By Wearing Shirt That Makes Liberals Explode

Yes, Kelsey, it would bother me if doctors were practicing medicine without the proper equipment.

http://www.starwipe.com/article/kelsey-grammer-wears-anti-abortion-shirt-which-fin-714

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
Why does the chalkboard say "lunatic killers will be shot on sight," and why did they tape the constitution on it instead of putting it on a wall where it won't cover up a writing surface? This is someone's honest ideal scenario. It's like they're making their own reductio ad absurdum for us.

Oh and here's another

Stinky_Pete fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Oct 10, 2015

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

When does this take effect? I'm already sad about the dead kid/s.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

Stinky_Pete posted:

Why does the chalkboard say "lunatic killers will be shot on sight," and why did they tape the constitution on it instead of putting it on a wall where it won't cover up a writing surface? This is someone's honest ideal scenario. It's like they're making their own reductio ad absurdum for us.

Why is Ellen Burstyn teaching in Missouri?

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Nevvy Z posted:

When does this take effect? I'm already sad about the dead kid/s.

Actually I can't find anything about it. I think it's just plain made up.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Stinky_Pete posted:

Oh and here's another

Do right wingers think "Red Dawn" was a documentary?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

FuzzySkinner posted:

Do right wingers think "Red Dawn" was a documentary?

More or less

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

ErIog posted:

gently caress off.

I really wish the suicide angle would gain more traction in the media. It would be really easy to paint the right wing into a corner on it over seeming callous about the deaths of mentally ill people.

Mere ownership of a firearm is evidence of reactionary cancer of the mind. Excising it with a bullet is the proper treatment.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Goatman Sacks posted:

Mere ownership of a firearm is evidence of reactionary cancer of the mind. Excising it with a bullet is the proper treatment.

#feeltheburn

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Goatman Sacks posted:

Damonic
Jan 17, 2006

I think someone posted this a few pages back, but it's making the rounds on my Facebook feed.

This pisses me off, because what from what I understand, fertilizer sales and such became regulated afterwards for obvious reasons...

But my mother is an RN, and we were living in Norman at the time (about 15-20 minutes South of OKC). It was her day off, but she grabbed all of her equipment and rushed to ground zero to help. The only thing she'll say is that it was "horrific" and she doesn't want to talk about it, and she's the type that will talk to me about anything.

Basically, gently caress this meme!
and gently caress anyone who posts it!

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Damonic posted:

This pisses me off, because what from what I understand, fertilizer sales and such became regulated afterwards for obvious reasons...

It's pretty much impossible to get that type of fertilizer anymore in any sort of large quantity.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Goatman Sacks posted:

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Stinky_Pete posted:

Is that Kathy Bates from that Stephen King Misery movie?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Goatman Sacks posted:

Go gently caress yourself.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
Good news everyone, I figured out what a III%er is. It's like an Oathkeeper, and the reference is that

quote:

During the American Revolution, the active forces in the field against the King’s tyranny never amounted to more than III% of the colonists. Three percenters today, for the most part, identify with this 3% because they were true patriots fighting for the freedoms the nation we love and honor was founded on.

http://tacticalshit.com/iii-three-percent-mean/

Not a lot of macros, but some real winners in the comments, including a man posting his wife's glock with a line scripture engraved on it about not being far from me when you're in trouble

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Are all these long winded pseudo intellectual rants from the same person? They sound like a libertarian that thinks they're way smarter than all the sheeple around them but is stuck working at Walmart.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Rick_Hunter posted:

Are all these long winded pseudo intellectual rants from the same person? They sound like a libertarian that thinks they're way smarter than all the sheeple around them but is stuck working at Walmart.

Almost every contribution I've made to this thread has come from the same person. It's sort of a game to me to post the shortest possible comment and see how long of a diatribe I can elicit and how "what? what?!" it can get.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

gradenko_2000 posted:

Almost every contribution I've made to this thread has come from the same person. It's sort of a game to me to post the shortest possible comment and see how long of a diatribe I can elicit and how "what? what?!" it can get.

My brother-in-law is a gun-dealer Libertarian who rarely posts himself but he comments on nearly every political post with an undecipherable-yet-still-condescending remark and a winky smiley face. I finally gave up and blocked him.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

A representative system would be ideal, we should change ours to be less lovely:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8XOZJkozfI

His other videos on voting systems are all solid entries too, great primers on how our system of voting is really bad at representing the people.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Defenestration posted:

Good news everyone, I figured out what a III%er is. It's like an Oathkeeper, and the reference is that

Well known propagator of liberal bias, Wikipedia attests that the US had 40,000 soldiers and a population of 2.4 million. If my math works out, that's actually a little over 1.5%. So got me where they got 3% from. :shrug:

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Oct 10, 2015

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Occupy introduced the whole ___%er so those dumbasses copied it without thinking out the details.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Goatman Sacks posted:

I'm pretty sure this is how LeJackal pictures all gun control advocates.

Also, that's an incredibly dickish thing to say.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Keeshhound posted:

Well known propagator of liberal bias, Wikipedia attests that the US had 40,000 soldiers and a population of 2.4 million. If my math works out, that's actually a little over 1.5%. So got me where they got 3% from. :shrug:

I'm on my phone so I only skimmed the wiki article but maybe the 40k counts the Continental Regulars and not the militias.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

PhazonLink posted:

Occupy introduced the whole ___%er so those dumbasses copied it without thinking out the details.

One percenters were the original %ers. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlaw_motorcycle_club#One_percenter

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Defenestration posted:

http://tacticalshit.com/iii-three-percent-mean/

Not a lot of macros, but some real winners in the comments, including a man posting his wife's glock with a line scripture engraved on it about not being far from me when you're in trouble

:stare:

I feel like the "TAKE OUR GUNS" crowd is starting to outweight the "OUR TROOPS" crowd. I'm moderately curious of what might result.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

McDowell posted:

Want to make a wild wild west meets ghostbusters movie about how America was saved from an Injun Ghost Army

Wait, was it ghosts, or the dead rising? Because poo poo, I think I figured out what started the zombies in The Walking Dead.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

Klaus88 posted:

:stare:

I feel like the "TAKE OUR GUNS" crowd is starting to outweight the "OUR TROOPS" crowd. I'm moderately curious of what might result.
I can see this, because absent a formalized nationstate to be at war with, we can just hunt the invading muslim hordes in the streets with our personal arsenal. No muss no fuss, no big government Obama FEMA death camp military involved.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Goatman Sacks posted:

sucides by firearm should be celebrated, not mourned. when someone is suicidal, they are willing to do harm to themselves. sometime they threaten to harm themselves with a gun. this makes you a bad guy with a gun, right? but when you shoot that person, you are eliminating a threat, therefore also being at the same time a good guy with a gun. since the highest and best use of a gun is to exercise your right to self defense, being a good guy with a gun trumps the simultaneous aspect of being a bad guy with a gun, so you die a hero and a stoic defender of the second amendment of the united states constitution. it then follows that there are far more successful uses of the firearm in self defense every year than homicides, proving yet again that firearms are necessary to protect yourself from mortal threat.

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Oct 10, 2015

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Popular Thug Drink posted:

sucides by firearm should be celebrated, not mourned. when someone is suicidal, they are willing to do harm to themselves. sometime they threaten to harm themselves with a gun. this makes you a bad guy with a gun, right? but when you shoot that person, you are eliminating a threat, therefore also being at the same time a good guy with a gun. since the highest and best use of a gun is to exercise your right to self defense, being a good guy with a gun trumps the simultaneous aspect of being a bad guy with a gun, so you die a hero and a stoic defender of the second amendment of the united states constitution.

Hrm... Given that many of the recent mass shooters have killed themselves by being shot, have they turned into good guys with guns, stopping a bad guy with a gun?

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

Damonic posted:

I think someone posted this a few pages back, but it's making the rounds on my Facebook feed.

But my mother is an RN, and we were living in Norman at the time (about 15-20 minutes South of OKC). It was her day off, but she grabbed all of her equipment and rushed to ground zero to help. The only thing she'll say is that it was "horrific" and she doesn't want to talk about it, and she's the type that will talk to me about anything.

Basically, gently caress this meme!
and gently caress anyone who posts it!

That was me.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

e_angst posted:

Hrm... Given that many of the recent mass shooters have killed themselves by being shot, have they turned into good guys with guns, stopping a bad guy with a gun?

yes. the least successful mass shooters are the ones who are taken into police custody. when a mass shooter shoots themselves as the final death, their murders are washed away because in the end they use the firearm for its proper use, the elimination of murderers and criminals. so technically they're also good guys with guns

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
They're losers with no life

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

Is it just me or is $25000 an incredibly small amount of money for such a big corporation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Flaskraven posted:

Is it just me or is $25000 an incredibly small amount of money for such a big corporation?

I think this individual singled out a specific congressman for god knows what reason. The total investment on GD's part was probably orders of magnitude higher than that and spread across every possible congressional ally.