Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The Paz idol anime posters also don't show up until you've triggered the Paz side scenes, so Venom may be hallucinating those posters. But they work on enemies, so the other possibility is Venom actually drew them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Nakar posted:

The Paz idol anime posters also don't show up until you've triggered the Paz side scenes, so Venom may be hallucinating those posters. But they work on enemies, so the other possibility is Venom actually drew them.

That's not true at all, got them before finding Paz, hell got the true ending before i found her

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Ekusukariba posted:

That's not true at all, got them before finding Paz, hell got the true ending before i found her
Had you done one of the Wandering Mother Base Soldier sidequests? I didn't do them on a replay file and I am absolutely certain you have to have acquired the first photo before they start appearing.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Luna Was Here posted:

so with the GMP in the red bug, is it console only or is it all platforms? Since it seems related to MGO, will I be safe on PC or is it everywhere?

It happened to me, but I wasn't really keeping close track of my GMP so at the time I thought I hosed something up. Wasn't until I looked at this thread that I realized what must have happened. I'm on PC. If anything it was helpful because I finally got to see the cutscene that plays when you're in the red and go back to Mother Base. It's not a huge deal, it's not worth putting the game down over it.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
What seems to happen is the game banks GMP and resources based on some weird sliding scale of how much it thinks you have, and can suck up more if you acquire some, then acquire some more after a server update. I've been sitting on a bank of GMP rewards from dispatches and FOBs that I can only deposit in bits and pieces every day. However, the server sometimes hiccups or something because it can suck up huge quantities of resources or lock away tons of GMP, and there's some kind of bug where it's deducting everything from the offline reserves and not touching the online ones, even though it counts both offline/online as your total.

I think it's somehow forgetting where your GMP is supposed to be and deducting a bunch of it from your offline stock without properly updating your online, leading to tons of your GMP just disappearing.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Get rid of all Troublemakers, they're definitely more trouble than they're worth.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
The GMP-draining bug isn't something that makes or breaks the game at this stage since I'm in the endgame, but I could most certainly see it really loving someone over in the earlier grinds. What pissed me off the most was the timing. I had just given them real money despite knowing it wasn't a good idea, and it almost felt like a conscious "gently caress you, you know better."

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Just sent that stupid gently caress face packing.

gently caress huey. What a piece of whiny poo poo.

Zyste
Jan 8, 2002

"Do you want this back?"
So I love that for the whole game it seems like Ocelot is on the up and up for once and he's honestly working with you. Hit the end and of course he's double-crossing as always. I'd say "when will I learn" but there won't be a next time for his hijinx.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Zyste posted:

So I love that for the whole game it seems like Ocelot is on the up and up for once and he's honestly working with you. Hit the end and of course he's double-crossing as always. I'd say "when will I learn" but there won't be a next time for his hijinx.

Well he believed that he was on the up and up. Turns out this was a practice run for his greatest trick.

I guess his own conditioning ran out at around the same time as Snake's.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The real tragedy is that Ocelot won't get the chance to trick us again. :smith:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Snak posted:

But, it actually makes perfect sense for it to be that way. Medic wasn't a main character in Peace Walker, so we have no reason to think that he knew Paz very well at all. So of course his hallucination of her is based on what he knows about the angel of peace. It's why he has to give her a new photo for her to say anything new. He has to see it before he can hallucinate her describing it.

Also, it might be the reason that the Paz projection "has amnesia" and only remembers being the innocent angel of peace. That's what Medic feels guilty about not saving.

I actually came in here to make this big angry post about "why do we care that Paz is alive and why are we not putting a bullet in her head because if she thinks it's 1974 that means she's the psychopathic ecoterrorist Pacifica Ocean rabble rabble", but then I saw that. That makes sense.

What still doesn't make sense is why Actual Big Boss saved her in Ground Zeroes. You thought she was dead, great. Finish the job.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
The last set of tapes are really good.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Dareon posted:

I actually came in here to make this big angry post about "why do we care that Paz is alive and why are we not putting a bullet in her head because if she thinks it's 1974 that means she's the psychopathic ecoterrorist Pacifica Ocean rabble rabble", but then I saw that. That makes sense.

What still doesn't make sense is why Actual Big Boss saved her in Ground Zeroes. You thought she was dead, great. Finish the job.

She had information about CIpher and Big Boss and Miller wanted it before they put her out of her misery.

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Dareon posted:

She seemed to be changing her mind about which side to follow, also Hijacking Zeke was evidently a sudden change in her mission rather than what she was originally sent for. They wanted to get her to find out more about Cypher from her and / or kill her if she didn't cooperate.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

They had to know what information she had revealed under torture.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

buttbombs

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Dareon posted:

This is actually addressed in the dialog between Boss and Kaz during the GZ into. Boss' first reaction is to enter Camp Omega to silence her, but Kaz wants her extracted alive to see what info she gave up and to see what info they can get out of her.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Dareon posted:

That was the plan but he changed his mind when he saw and heard the hosed up poo poo skullface had done to her. Empathy and character because kojima decided to go on a pure visual way of storytelling for gz and tpp now the tech was up to stratch, shame he still couldnt help himself with the tapes though.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Speaking of tapes, https://www.reddit.com/r/NeverBeGameOver/comments/3o6zw8/ep51_related_cassettes_tape_found_data_mine/

They've datamind cut tapes relating to mission 51. I havent listened to it yet since im at work but the links are in the link above..

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Vikar Jerome posted:

Speaking of tapes, https://www.reddit.com/r/NeverBeGameOver/comments/3o6zw8/ep51_related_cassettes_tape_found_data_mine/

They've datamind cut tapes relating to mission 51. I havent listened to it yet since im at work but the links are in the link above..

I think that tape was used as the intro to the episode 51 video. It's interesting that it's still in the game, but not new information.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
theres no way there won't be mission 51 dlc or something with the stuff going on with the relevant files being updated

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Why bother?

Tying up the Sally Anne loose-end only fixes one issue with TPP's story. The entire game has story telling issues and they'd have to remake the entire game to fix those.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

Luna Was Here posted:

theres no way there won't be mission 51 dlc or something with the stuff going on with the relevant files being updated

I did find it conspicuous they left mention to the kingdom of the flies in the credits timeline. As if they want to release it as an extra area at some point. But then again, why release all that info? It doesn't make any sense.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

NeilPerry posted:

I did find it conspicuous they left mention to the kingdom of the flies in the credits timeline. As if they want to release it as an extra area at some point. But then again, why release all that info? It doesn't make any sense.

It's not called The Phantom Pain for nothing.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Now do you feel the phantom pain of your missing content?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

lovely Wizard posted:

I would trade the entirety of Quiet for a storyline about D-Walker becoming sentient as you research the upgrades.

That would be freaking awesome.

Complete with it becoming Metal Gear MK. II straight out of Snatcher, huh? Heh heh.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You say he's your friend but he's clearly a robot.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Crappy webcomics time, I almost would have enjoyed a final chapter serving as a count down to the Outer Heaven incident like the Last days of Foxhound, the days counting down before Solid Snakes first mission. But that would be a whole involved thing.

Or. Dreamtime. the Outer Heaven incident.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Oct 10, 2015

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
I have no idea about you guys, but this current FOB event is given a new layer by the fact that I have a current staff member named Mosquito.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He's the leader of that FOB. He attacked you in mission 22.
The story is you've found his base and are retaliating against him.

Mosquito is supposed to be the character who helps Kaz to the chopper in Ground Zeroes too, according to the official guide.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Aurain posted:

Mosquito is supposed to be the character who helps Kaz to the chopper in Ground Zeroes too, according to the official guide.

So wait was he on the Paz chopper then? Or did he get on another one?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I haven't rewatched that scene so I don't know for sure, but he's not maimed or dead so I assume he gets on a different chopper while providing covering fire.

e: Having rewatched it, he just sort of vanishes after Kaz gets to the ramp and the camera cuts around so it's hard to judge where he's gone. There's no real signifiers that he's Mosquito either so honestly, the guide might just be talking poo poo.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 10, 2015

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Aurain posted:

But I recruited him why would I do that

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
There were other choppers, and some guys did survive as Kaz will mention it when the Ground Zeroes transfers join you.

The Wandering Mother Base soldiers were the guys out on missions or mandatory R&R during the attack, which is mentioned in the GZ tapes. Kaz intentionally sent a bunch of guys away for the inspection so it'd look less suspicious and hide their numbers and association with Amanda's guerillas and such.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
Yeah, I got the wandering MB soldier thing--I played GZ but didn't recall him, really. Thanks for filling me in, though. It's frankly than trying to make sense of everything from the wikia.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

But I recruited him why would I do that
Without Mosquito leading them they have become exceptionally violent and directionless. This is all explained in the deep lore accompanying the patch notes.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Mosquito rebelled because he knows Venom's not the real Big Boss. Presumably, he told his followers this.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
So, who's next? Alligator's Revenge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Mosquito's on the bench in your chopper at the end of GZ. He was one of the guys I thought might have been Venom when I knew there was a body double but not who.

• Locked thread