Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
The newest game from Warfare Sims Northern Inferno is being streamed at http://www.twitch.tv/Kushan04 !!
Carriers and such

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Baloogan posted:

In much more cheerful news than being angry about anime and revanchist imperial japan propaganda my PBEM with historicalgamer has started up again after a 5 month delay. We even now have a domain name for the PBEM http://operationglacier.com

At this rate I might actually finish my projectile posts on the IJA and IJN before you finish 1942!

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Baloogan posted:

my PBEM with historicalgamer has started up again after a 5 month delay. We even now have a domain name for the PBEM http://operationglacier.com

Sweet! Reading through that now.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Pharnakes posted:

After much frustration and staring at tiny fonts until my eyes are bleeding I concede defeat. I can think of no way to significantly reduce the work load of pilot training through use of training squadrons. The problem is that you have to account for every possible way that player might want to train their pilots, and the result ends up either a bloated mess hardly better than doing it without training squadrons or else means that you could train every pilot to 70 in all skills easily, in which case why bother with the whole system.

As such gently caress it, I am going to try and see what happens if pilots come into the pools at 60xp. 60 because it is at least a little under 70, but someone who can't be bothered training them up will be at no huge disadvantage. Allied pilots in 1941 have only 45xp in the pools, this is to stop players immediately replacing every front line pilot as many will have less than 60xp. Starting 1/1/42 they will come in with 60xp, as with their Japanese counterparts.

The same, unfortunately goes for Japanese R&D, it is such a fundamental part of the game that short of completely removing it and having allied style reinforcements with production off I am at a loss to proceed.

At least I'm reasonably confident that a fully Japanese China is a net improvement for the experience of most players, as such I will post the scenarios as "The Quietest China", changing the pilot xp back to default is the work of 2 minutes in the editor if you would prefer.

Feeling pretty bummed out, I've spent way to much time on this the last couple of weeks and ultimately haven't really managed to achieve that much, but oh well. On a bright note I do now feel confident enough with the game to feel up for a PBEM. I don't insist on playing with this scenario by any means, but ideally with someone who shares my frustrations with the pilot system and won't miss it being lobotomised. Happy to play Allied against an experienced player or either with a fellow newbie.

60xp/skill I think. Is the best way to do this. Depending on how you set the total recruitment numbers Japan will always be short of pilots after 1942.

Just have one training squadron of 80-100 per major type of aircraft for army/navy and be done with it. If given the opportunity the majority of players will jump at the chance to ignore pilot training.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Saros posted:

60xp/skill I think. Is the best way to do this. Depending on how you set the total recruitment numbers Japan will always be short of pilots after 1942.

Just have one training squadron of 80-100 per major type of aircraft for army/navy and be done with it. If given the opportunity the majority of players will jump at the chance to ignore pilot training.

That's a good idea, why not. Gives someone the ability to top up to 70 easily if they really care. I'm glad an experienced player agrees that 60 is the way to go anyway. I just realised I forgot to actually post it, oh well I'll put in some half assed training squadrons and then stick it up.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
Two questions, does anyone here play Flash Points Campaign's: Red Storm? I've been wanting to multiplayer this forever.

Also, any news on Southern Storm's release? I suppose I can google that...

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Look at all you bastards stuck in the trenches. (Except Nenonen, he's cool)

Also, if anyone gets the Silent Hunter games (you should!) I recommend:

A) GWX3 +SH3 Commander for Silent Hunter 3
B) Trigger Maru + Longer Sinking Times + Run Silent, Run Deep Campaign for Silent Hunter 4 (Or Real Fleet Boats + RSRDC, I guess)
C) Not bothering with Silent Hunter 5, though mods have made it "decent"

Get Ultimate General: Gettysburg too.

To be an even bigger grognard than is implied by playing realism modded SH3--which I did--I was never satisfied with the game because...

The game never included real merchant ships, particularly converted ocean liners. I got sick of sinking generic merchants and the maritime historian in me wanted to torpedo super liners and near retired ships I could actually identify.

Plus, why not actually slap in real merchant vessels.

Incidentally, this reminds me... I've always been sad a good WW1 subsim was never released, or at least a WW1 overhaul of SH3; that said, I know the British and French merchant navy of the WW1 era even better, so I'd have gotten even more irritated when historical ships didn't make an appearance.

PS

Someone not Storm Eagle remake Fighting Steel or Great Naval Battles of the North Atlantic please.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
I want someone like Paradox's Publishing arm to find a studio to do the Silent Hunter equivalent of Cities: Skylines. Not a crazy ultra detailed grognard only sim like flight sims, but a solid fun game with a decent base of historical accuracy and the mod flexibility for people to improve and expand on it.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Let them just buy out Sub Commander and add a proper interface.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Welp, so here it is, The Quietest China

To install extract all flies and place them in your Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\SCEN folder. Replace all files after making sure you do not have a scenario you want in slot 55. If you do then place the new files in a separate folder and rename them all to slot that you are not using.

Major changes:

Japan is assumed to have successfully prosecuted the second Sino-Japanese war, and feeling themselves to be in a position of strength set about obtaining the resources to support further expansion. As such Japan starts in full occupation of China with all garrison requirements fulfilled, primarily with Chinese or mixed units. The bulk of the rest of the expeditionary army are in Shanghai awaiting deployment elsewhere, a small force is present in south west China ready to move to the Burmese border in support of the main attack. As a result of this Japan starts with a little extra industry, but also slightly higher fuel consumption as the wells in Xinjiang are insufficient to power Chinese industry, even if it could make it down the roads to central China, which it probably can't.

All Japanese pilots throughout the game will arrive with 60xp. Assigning them to a squadron will then give them several skills at 60, depending on the nature of the squadron you first assign them too. For example a pilot assigned to a fighter group will gain 60 air, 60 strafe and 60 def, with his other skills being around 30.

All Allied pilots in '41 will arrive with 45xp, after 01/01/45 this will rise to 60. This is done to ensure that the Japanese air units have an appropriate qualitative bonus in the first months of the game, although 60xp Allied pilots will start arriving in January they will only arrive at the monthly replace rate and so the Allied player will be forced to rely on his pool of 45xp pilots for a while.

Both sides have access to training squadrons, 1 each for the main types for the Army and Navy for Japan, USA and Britain. Minor Allied nations, including the USMC do not get any and will have to be content with 60xp pilots. You can use these squadrons to boost your pilots up to 70, however this hardly worth the effort and rather contradictory to the spirit of the mod, primarily they are there to allow you to train in skills not trained by default. E.G. pilots assigned to a torpedo squadron will get skill in high ground bombing but not in low. If you decide you really need to get all you Betties killed by flak or use your B17s to skip bomb this is how you do it. All planes are of lovely and obsolescent types, to prevent any shenanigans of "upgrading" the squadrons to free decent planes for front line service. In almost all cases this means the models are out of production, however all squadrons are assigned the maximum possible reserve (255) so that should last your pilots until production has settled down and you can upgrade the squadron to a produced type.

The IJN trains at Kure and the IJA at Tokyo. The USN trains at San Diego and the USAAF at Pendleton. The RAF and the FAA train in Britain.

This scenario is built off the Quiet China scenario offered in the base game, so I hope it should work fine in a single player campaign with the AI leaving China alone. This might possibly mean that Japan doesn't pull any troops out of China to use elsewhere, I'm not sure as I've never played a Quiet China game.

And, that's about it I think. A lot less than I had set out to do sadly but I hope worth something. Eventually I plan to make an attempt to produce a full war campaign with Japanese production working as the Allied currently does, however that will take considerable amounts of time and right now I just want to see some ships sink, if the other chap's that's a bonus but as long as someone gets sunk I'll be happy enough

E: and of course I forget to actually post the link :suicide:

Pharnakes fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Oct 11, 2015

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

IJN is training out of Kobe instead of Kure. 1st Mixed brigade retains its pre-mod turn 0 move order and is set to march to 85,49 rather than garrisoning Urumchi.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

uPen posted:

IJN is training out of Kobe instead of Kure. 1st Mixed brigade retains its pre-mod turn 0 move order and is set to march to 85,49 rather than garrisoning Urumchi.

Thanks, fixed and added a couple of orders to forces in China to work slightly better with a historical first turn.

1.1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0u3fcjs6k1k0btn/The%20Quietest%20China%201.1.rar?dl=0

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
So Mr Yenko and I have decided to take the plunge, could some more experienced players suggest house rules please?

I'm thinking:

No 4E low naval attacks
No moving restricted units across national borders
No xAKL pickets

It seems that most people like to play with an absolute ceiling for air ops too, which seems like a good idea, but I don't really know what to set it at. 30k? Any other suggestions?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

No second day of Pearl Harbor attacks, since the KB starts the game fully fueled.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Sometimes with sweeps a good rule is limiting Sweep/Cap to 2nd/3rd best maneuver altitude of a fighter. This makes a better differentiation between high/low altitude fighters.

I find second or third day of ph attacks isn't bad because flak and defending fighters will take a toll on the kb's irreplaceable pilots.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]
I'm curious about WiTW.

1. How does the economy and production work? Is it similar to WiTP?

2. Given my last set of posts, how (if at all) is the Battle of the Atlantic handled?

3. Likewise, a lot of my personal "what iffs" involve alternative uses of the Axis surface navies. How does the naval war play generally?

4. Are Norway and western Finland ignored, or are they on the map?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

ZombieLenin posted:

1. How does the economy and production work? Is it similar to WiTP?

2. Given my last set of posts, how (if at all) is the Battle of the Atlantic handled?

3. Likewise, a lot of my personal "what iffs" involve alternative uses of the Axis surface navies. How does the naval war play generally?

4. Are Norway and western Finland ignored, or are they on the map?

1.) The economy and production are more like WitE on the Soviet side. Basically impenetrable.

2.) The Battle of the Atlantic is not at all modeled. The game is limited to summer of 1943 - August of 1945 (bumped back to 1942 with the Operation Torch expansion) with a heavy focus on the French and Italian theaters. You can still lose ships (in the form of amphibious convoys) to enemy sea interdiction and shore guns though, but there is no naval action aside from that.

3.) There is absolutely no navy in the game, aside from Allied amphibious task forces ferrying troops from point A to point B. You can destroy U-Boat factories with your planes though, and this nets you VP as the Allies.

4.) Southern Norway is on the very edge of the map. The northern boundary for the playable map is a line of latitude that runs through Stockholm. In the east the boundary goes to around the Black Sea coast (a few miles short of it, really), and in the West the boundary goes through the middle of Ireland/Spain.

Edit: here's a screenshot of the minimap. The playable map of the 1943-1945 Grand Campaign is the area inside the blue box.

Drone fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 11, 2015

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Drone posted:

1.) The economy and production are more like WitE on the Soviet side. Basically impenetrable.

My experience with WiTE is from a really long time ago. Does this mean you have zero control over priority of production? Honestly all that I really care about is the Axis side, because playing the overwhelmingly "you can't lose" Western allies or the post 1941 soviets is really boring for me.

quote:

2.) The Battle of the Atlantic is not at all modeled. The game is limited to summer of 1943 - August of 1945 (bumped back to 1942 with the Operation Torch expansion) with a heavy focus on the French and Italian theaters. You can still lose ships (in the form of amphibious convoys) to enemy sea interdiction and shore guns though, but there is no naval action aside from that.

Yeah, but... spring and summer 1943 were the climax of the Battle of the Atlantic. May 1943 was the month Churchill said Great Britain came closest to losing the war; however, okay uboat warfare isn't really central to the game. I get it.

quote:

3.) There is absolutely no navy in the game, aside from Allied amphibious task forces ferrying troops from point A to point B. You can destroy U-Boat factories with your planes though, and this nets you VP as the Allies.

What!? The Italians had enough of a surface fleet left to be a real risk to allied operations in the Mediterranean and the Tirpitz, by itself, as a fleet in-being tied up the allied navyand British air power. Churchill was friggen obsessed with Tirpitz and dedicated significant resources to kill her.

I consider this incredibly lame. Especially considering when the add operation torch you've got the question about the Vichy navy and the Scharnhorst Gneisenau still in Brest threatening convoy traffic.

Not to mention the Italian actions against Malta convoys and its potential, on paper, to seriously threaten amphibious operations in the Mediterranean.

This is probably a huge deal breaker for me.

Edit

Also, in games of this scale bombing things for VPs only usually means there is no reason to do it, since VPs can be more efficiently gained through successful territorial gain. The reason you bomb things is that it makes the later easier.

quote:

4.) Southern Norway is on the very edge of the map. The northern boundary for the playable map is a line of latitude that runs through Stockholm. In the east the boundary goes to around the Black Sea coast (a few miles short of it, really), and in the West the boundary goes through the middle of Ireland/Spain.

Does Norway at least have garrison requirements for the Axis side?

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 11, 2015

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

ZombieLenin posted:

Also, in games of this scale bombing things for VPs only usually means there is no reason to do it, since VPs can be more efficiently gained through successful territorial gain. The reason you bomb things is that it makes the later easier.

When I played bombing was basically only for VPs, bombing had little/no effect on the Axis industry. As for the Italians they're in the game for all of like 12 turns.

ZombieLenin posted:

Does Norway at least have garrison requirements for the Axis side?

This would be pointless, it would just be a resting place for shattered Eastern front units. Norway being on the map at all is an artifact of the projection they're using, it not part of the game.

Pharnakes posted:

Thanks, fixed and added a couple of orders to forces in China to work slightly better with a historical first turn.

1.1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0u3fcjs6k1k0btn/The%20Quietest%20China%201.1.rar?dl=0

Couple more notes on the China deployment:
Kalgan is 34 under garrison
Ningpo is 1 under garrison
Hengyang is 54 under garrison
Paoshan is 1 under garrison

4th Ind Mixed in Kaifeng is unrestricted so you just need to rail in 120 restricted AV from somewhere before you can get them out of China.
21st Ind Mixed in Peiping is also unrestricted and isn't even needed as a garrison so it can be railed to the coast on turn 0.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

uPen posted:

This would be pointless, it would just be a resting place for shattered Eastern front units. Norway being on the map at all is an artifact of the projection they're using, it not part of the game.

I guess it sorta fits in with their next goal of releasing an overarching War in Europe title that combines WitW and WitE, but that's probably another 4 years or so down the road, at least.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

uPen posted:

When I played bombing was basically only for VPs, bombing had little/no effect on the Axis industry. As for the Italians they're in the game for all of like 12 turns.

Couple more notes on the China deployment:
Kalgan is 34 under garrison
Ningpo is 1 under garrison
Hengyang is 54 under garrison
Paoshan is 1 under garrison

4th Ind Mixed in Kaifeng is unrestricted so you just need to rail in 120 restricted AV from somewhere before you can get them out of China.
21st Ind Mixed in Peiping is also unrestricted and isn't even needed as a garrison so it can be railed to the coast on turn 0.

Christ, I really must have been tired when I did this. Here's 1.11 then, garrison issues fixed. Unrestricted units are staying so, 21st Mixed is moved from Peiping to Shanghai to be with the other ready units. 4th is staying where it is, I arranged units by their fighting potential rather than their availability, since it seems to me that's what players would care about most in the long run.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qfo4jdycyc1v163/The%20Quietest%20China%201.11.rar?dl=0

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Is Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm really hard, or am I worse than I think I am?

I continually get poo poo stomped by the Soviet armor, then the HIND's come in and they crush my dick with a brick.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Yooper posted:

I continually get poo poo stomped by the Soviet armor, then the HIND's come in and they crush my dick with a brick.

This is exactly what happens to me; I've played the tutorial 6 times now and I still can't win.

I consider myself to be of above-average skill in wargames....

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

I keep playing the scenario A Time to Dance and I just can't see how I could possibly hold the objectives. At the bare minimum I could run a holding action, but there's no way I can secure the bridges in Bad Neustadt up to Heustreu.

It is pretty enjoyable though. Watching that clock tick while my orders go to poo poo is quite a bit of fun.

quote:

You should be aware that the Inspectorate considers your performance, on balance, to be disasterous.

* Your heroic death in battle saddens us all.

Yooper fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Oct 13, 2015

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
It's one of the many grog games where it suffers from a highly scripted tutorial that doesn't actually follow the script guaranteed.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Yooper posted:

You should be aware that the Inspectorate considers your performance, on balance, to be disasterous.

* Your heroic death in battle saddens us all.

The Soviet side version of that quote is equally deadpan. It's something like "the soldiers passing this message to you have orders to detain you. You are to be executed by firing squad at dawn for your incompetence. As this will improve the quality of the officer corps, your family will be informed that you died for a better red army."

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Yooper posted:

It is really hard. Practically all the armor you face are top of the line Soviet models, not hordes of T-55s and T-72s. Just endless swarms of T-80s and T-64s. You can safely ignore the VP objectives as NATO, since those are mostly to give the Soviets points. Soviets gain points by taking territory, NATO gets points by destroying Soviet tanks. Get into good defensive positions, bleed them white and then try to fall back in something approaching good order.

Hinds in this game share no characteristics with the real world models. In the real world, the Hind is an attack helicopter. In the game, HIND refers to a demon summoned by black Russian folk magic from the deepest pits of hell and bound to the metal frame of a helicopter. It knows neither fear nor mercy and is consumed by an everlasting rage that can only be quenched by killing capitalists. Its defenses wrought from captured Nazi science make it nearly impervious to air defense systems, to the point where the standard Hind tactic for dealing with enemy air defense is to just fly over and shoot it.

Hinds can not be stopped, they can only be endured.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Eyes, Ears, and Teeth is a much better scenario for learning how to use US cavalry troop. You have the things you need to actually stand a chance.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Eyes, Ears, and Teeth is also one of the most fun scenarios I think I've ever played in a wargame, and victory was tremendously satisfying.

But yeah, playing NATO in that game is all about defense and tactical withdrawal. You will take losses, but if you're doing it right, the Red Army will live up to its name in more ways than one.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

ArchangeI posted:

It is really hard. Practically all the armor you face are top of the line Soviet models, not hordes of T-55s and T-72s. Just endless swarms of T-80s and T-64s. You can safely ignore the VP objectives as NATO, since those are mostly to give the Soviets points. Soviets gain points by taking territory, NATO gets points by destroying Soviet tanks. Get into good defensive positions, bleed them white and then try to fall back in something approaching good order.

Hinds in this game share no characteristics with the real world models. In the real world, the Hind is an attack helicopter. In the game, HIND refers to a demon summoned by black Russian folk magic from the deepest pits of hell and bound to the metal frame of a helicopter. It knows neither fear nor mercy and is consumed by an everlasting rage that can only be quenched by killing capitalists. Its defenses wrought from captured Nazi science make it nearly impervious to air defense systems, to the point where the standard Hind tactic for dealing with enemy air defense is to just fly over and shoot it.

Hinds can not be stopped, they can only be endured.

Perfect description! By the way they seem to gravitate to my AA, that must be true.

Now that you mention the VP's I see the red stars and the blue star. I assume I take no VP for holding the red ones? Whoops.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".
I'm way out of the loop on contemporary tactical games, but I was/am a big fan of Steel Panthers: World at War, especially with all the community made campaigns and whatnot. However, that game is fairly dated and scenario designers would often get around the clunky AI by heavily scripting battles. As I imagine some of you know you could get rewarded for your success by advancing too far in the "wrong" direction and getting rewarded by having a Panzergrenadier company materialize from inside of a bush or something because you overran the spawn points.

Are there any contemporary equivalents to SPWAW that get around some of the older games problems? Things I'm looking for:
  • WW2 era
  • Company to battalion-sized focus with combined arms.
  • Good campaigns that allow you to grow/update/replace elements of a unit as you advance through the war or operation.
  • Good command and control modeling.

I picked up Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star when it was on sale on Steam as it had pretty good reviews, but I'm not too happy with it. The documentation is opaque, figuring out how the terrain and orders work is often incomprehensible, and battles are often lopsided and consist of you either wiping the enemy or having no choice but to fall back. Maybe realistic, but not very satisfying. Is there anything better out there? I'm open to anything from the last 10-15 years really.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Have you played Combat Mission? That sounds like what you want.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
The short answer is Combat Mission from Battlefront, although it might be a miss on your second bullet point as far as having a single force that you bring forward from mission to mission.

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
It does have operations where you have a core force that if you do not keep alive you they are gone for good as well as ones where ammo is tracked and retained.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Thanks, I just checked out a couple videos and it seems like it's something to look into. Are there any advantages to the earlier Combat Mission games from the early 2000's, or should I just jump into the newer versions (Battle For Normandy, Red Thunder, etc.)? It looks like these are all focused on specific points in time during the war, and there's no option for a comprehensive "1939-1945" game?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The old ones are cheap on GoG but they are literally outdated in every single way. Grab demos for all the games from Battlefront's website and play them. The demos are generous and let you get a good feel for the game. Then finally make a purchase decision for $50+.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Normandy seems the most popular WW2 title. I only own Italy, and then Red Thunder is also really good too. I'd say download the demos for all three of those + Black Sea and give them all a whirl. For grognard games, the demos for Combat Missions are surprisingly robust.

Also watch the goon vs. goon LP's. Particularly Dark_Swordmaster's run as the German high command in the last game of CM:BFN.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Yeah, so played the demo for Combat Mission: Red Thunder, and found it very pleasing, way better and more intuitive than Graviteam Tactics.

So, thanks for the advice and screw you all for getting me interested in a series that is $55/title. :v:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Its also 10$ a patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
e: ^ Command gives you every single patch for FREE! :smug: Sadly that could be a legit box bullet point in this genre...

Drone posted:

Also watch the goon vs. goon LP's. Particularly Dark_Swordmaster's run as the German high command in the last game of CM:BFN.

D'awwww. :3: We need to get another one going. I have less friends now so I should have more time to not gently caress the game up!

LogisticEarth posted:

Yeah, so played the demo for Combat Mission: Red Thunder, and found it very pleasing, way better and more intuitive than Graviteam Tactics.

So, thanks for the advice and screw you all for getting me interested in a series that is $55/title. :v:

Try them ALL before buying allofthem because they're actually fairly different between each of them. Black Sea is modern and neat too.

Dark_Swordmaster fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 13, 2015