Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015

Garfu posted:

There was no anger involved and I didn't say anything until the end of the game

I feel bad because it was my first match of the day, I was stoned, and played like trash.

Why is it a bad thing to play on a server where people don't do what they usually do in matchmaking? I like to think outside the bun.

Tacos are good too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Garfu posted:

There was no anger involved and I didn't say anything until the end of the game

Hyperbole bruh

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Garfu posted:

Very done

Vlc is that intolerable? lol

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Vlc is that intolerable? lol

you keep coming back for more so that can't be the case

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Why are people hating on VLC Player all of a sudden idgi

I don't even know what his voice sounds like

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Why do you have a second account vlc lol

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Faffel posted:

Hyperbole bruh

You were there, and there's a demo. At first I was talking, pointing stuff out. There was no anger. I ran down suicide the last two rounds, said goodbye, and left

No one in particular was frustrating me. I didn't get mad at any one person. I just think I've had my fill of goonmans

VV oh for some reason I thought you were computer

Garfu fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 10, 2015

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Garfu posted:

You were there, and there's a demo. At first I was talking, pointing stuff out. There was no anger. I ran down suicide the last two rounds, said goodbye, and left

?

I wasn't there lmao

The goonman vibes have been utterly pitiful and it's been a whole bunch of whiny infighting so I've been avoiding them in general. Pretty sure goonpug is slowly dying because of this poo poo.

loving MM has better vibes right now

Faffel fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 10, 2015

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015

Why do you have a second account vlc lol

No idea what email/password the other one is hooked up to lol

Faffel posted:

The goonman vibes have been utterly pitiful and it's been a whole bunch of whiny infighting so I've been avoiding them in general. Pretty sure goonpug is slowly dying because of this poo poo.

The whiny people burn out and leave and then the fun starts!

conversation piece fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Oct 10, 2015

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Faffel posted:

?

I wasn't there lmao

Goonmans have actually been pretty positive lately. And the server often is extending beyond the 14 player cap.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Garfu posted:

No one in particular was frustrating me. I didn't get mad at any one person. I just think I've had my fill of goonmans

It was fun bud

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Dork457 posted:

Goonmans have actually been pretty positive lately. And the server often is extending beyond the 14 player cap.

idk, last time i played there was some severe baby bullshit going on

who knows.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
nice

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Maybe I should play goonmans again now that I'm a decent MGE as opposed to a Silver scrub.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

hm so if I'm an absolute poo poo new player maybe I should avoid goonpugs for now, yes?

edit: or is this just typical stupid goony drama like usual

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The latter. Nobody cares if you're good or bad in a goonman. We all just like to shoot people and complain about being captains.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
#istandwithgarfu

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Famethrowa posted:

hm so if I'm an absolute poo poo new player maybe I should avoid goonpugs for now, yes?

edit: or is this just typical stupid goony drama like usual

playing against and with people who are way better than you is how you get better, and the normal way to play games from before 2011

goonpug it up and listen to what people say

it's gonna be way more valuable for you than low-tier MM

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The latter. Nobody cares if you're good or bad in a goonman. We all just like to shoot people and complain about being captains.
The problem with me is that if I can't have fun in CS:GO if I'm not doing well. If I'm bottom-fragging in MM, even on a team with good vibes, I feel miserable.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

symbolic posted:

The problem with me is that if I can't have fun in CS:GO if I'm not doing well. If I'm bottom-fragging in MM, even on a team with good vibes, I feel miserable.

Well, a lot of people feel the way you do about it. However, if you make the game more about just picking up on what other people are doing rather than focusing on your statline then you'll find you can have a lot more fun. Nobody is really gonna bother you if you don't do well, I promise! Of course, if you end up on the wrong person's team it can be unfun but that's how it goes in MM too. C'est la viet!

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Re examine your metric for feeling good. Here's a way to feel good: buy me weapons and bait for me every round so I can drop a 40 bomb

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
i thought the sub.io thread was the place where people bitched about goonmens

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

symbolic posted:

I'm usually bottom at the start and then work my way up to top or 2nd at the end. If you haven't pre-practiced, it can take a few rounds to get into your rhythm/learn the other team's predictability.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

symbolic posted:

That's silly, man. If MM is balanced you're gonna be bottom fragging at some point or another, especially in rankup games.
s
You can also fail to get kills but be a huge boon to your team and contribute directly to wins with good intel, grenades, just keeping an eye on sites and all kinds of poo poo. I don't do any of that, but it's possible.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 10, 2015

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Well, a lot of people feel the way you do about it. However, if you make the game more about just picking up on what other people are doing rather than focusing on your statline then you'll find you can have a lot more fun. Nobody is really gonna bother you if you don't do well, I promise! Of course, if you end up on the wrong person's team it can be unfun but that's how it goes in MM too. C'est la viet!
I guess I can try that during tonight's goonman. Thanks! :)

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

HiipFire posted:

This is the recruiting platform, where we bitch about how little fun we're having in goonmans.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
And for the record, I didn't get mad at bad people, or bitch at anyone really (I just watched some of the demo to make sure). It's just run it's course for me. Goonmans are still kosher for new poeple

However after talking with Dorky a little I may pop up here and there.

Garfu fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 10, 2015

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Faffel posted:

That's silly, man. If MM is balanced you're gonna be bottom fragging at some point or another, especially in rankup games.
s
You can also fail to get kills but be a huge boon to your team and contribute directly to wins with good intel, grenades, just keeping an eye on sites and all kinds of poo poo. I don't do any of that, but it's possible.
Yeah, I try to be helpful. I'm usually the one to callout and I also get quite a few assists from entry fragging. It still doesn't make me happy when I'm lowest on the scoreboard, though. I feel like I haven't contributed enough in that regard.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Alright, cool. I'll stick around the steamchat so I can bring down the CS:Go curve.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Famethrowa posted:

Alright, cool. I'll stick around the steamchat so I can bring down the CS:Go curve.

Next to nobody hangs out in the steam chat anymore. Ask for an invite to the steam group if you haven't got one already goonmans are usually kicked off via announcements.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Famethrowa posted:

I can confirm that no-one cares about rank - I'm so poo poo at this game and fed up of pubbies I haven't even won 10 matches in MM to get a rank yet - no-one gave a gently caress, vibes were good even when I hosed up, and I learnt more in my first two Goonmans than I had two years of playing CSS and CSGO on UKCS and public servers.

tl;dr goons are wankers, not rankers

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

HiipFire posted:

it was moved to NMD as the new Korn Discussion Megathread

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Break from the drama for a sec: My mouse is dying and I need a new one. I'm a broke college goon so I can't afford to just straight up replace this old Corsair M90 with an M95.

My local-ish computer store has the Logitech G402 for $39.98 instead of $69.99 (Canadian monopoly money). Is it worth it? If not, any better suggestions in the sub-$50 USD range?

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Kazinsal posted:

Break from the drama for a sec: My mouse is dying and I need a new one. I'm a broke college goon so I can't afford to just straight up replace this old Corsair M90 with an M95.

My local-ish computer store has the Logitech G402 for $39.98 instead of $69.99 (Canadian monopoly money). Is it worth it? If not, any better suggestions in the sub-$50 USD range?

Can you afford a Rival?

Buy a Rival.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

goonmanz

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

The Joe Man posted:

Can you afford a Deathadder?

Buy a Deathadder.

fixed

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Faffel posted:

?

I wasn't there lmao

Completely agreed here lately. A couple people have been shutting it down slowly.

God forbid you try to have fun in Counter Strike.

You have to constantly watch how you come off or you'll make someone upset and they'll do their best to make the match poo poo for everyone. But, somehow it's still a good time when you have the right people on.

Dork457 posted:

Did I dream the fact that for a brief moment the Counter Strike.net blog had pictures up of CSGO dresses with patterns based off the chickens?

Not just that, Valve designers created the patterns for it specifically.

Michael Scott fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Oct 10, 2015

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i mean, for the most part i don't care if someone is having a bad day in a goonman (i'll shittalk a teensy bit but, as my lack of a shift key shows, i don't put the effort in to actually anything, especially contempting people who are worse than me and i hope they realize that), what makes me mad is when a person who IS bad 99% of the time starts getting angry at teammates for whatever reason, but this doesn't happen very often. just BUrself and i will try to give some positive vibez if im not on tilt (I AM ALWAYS ON TILT)

Michael Scott posted:

Completely agreed here lately. A couple people have been shutting it down slowly.

hi mr pink

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Michael Scott posted:

Jesus Christ was about forgiveness in the face of unspeakable evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Dork457 posted:

Next to nobody hangs out in the steam chat anymore. Ask for an invite to the steam group if you haven't got one already goonmans are usually kicked off via announcements.

steam name is slowlydownward currently so if someone could throw me an invite I'd appreciate it :shobon:

• Locked thread