Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Is Sims 4 seen as "good" yet?

My wife and our roommate have been wanting to play a Sims game. My roommate had played Sims 3 with like two of the expansions many many years ago and my wife has never played any of the Sims games. I'm curious if I should look into getting Sims 3 and some expansions or go for Sims 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Your wife is cucking you with your roommate

hth

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Our roommate is another woman, so... okay?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Adam Bowen posted:

hth

This is the worst post I have ever seen.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Adam Bowen posted:

hth

I feel like the General Bullshit forum would be an ideal place for your unique brand of witticism.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

poo poo, I thought this was the imp zone tryout sorry

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

And I used my loving shift key on that post too epic fail

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Adam Bowen posted:

hth

gb2gbs

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Adam Bowen posted:

poo poo, I thought this was the imp zone tryout sorry

You didn't think that, at all.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

precision posted:

the guys who made Crossy Road got paid to make the new Pac Man 256 game and it owns a whole loving lot, as well as being extremely truly free to play

best poop break game in a super long time imo

Yeah, Pac-Man 256 owns pretty hard, that and Does Not Commute are the only mobile-centric games I have that are also actually worth playing on a TV

Adam Bowen posted:

hth

Is this dumb GBS poo poo spreading to other forums now

raditts fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Oct 11, 2015

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Is that a GBS thing? I haven't read GBS in 10 years, it's just a catchphrase I notice the imp zoners using a lot

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Mordiceius posted:

My wife and our roommate have been wanting to play a Sims game. My roommate had played Sims 3 with like two of the expansions many many years ago and my wife has never played any of the Sims games. I'm curious if I should look into getting Sims 3 and some expansions or go for Sims 4.

I'd like to know this as well. The Sims is one of my guilty pleasure series but I can't buy a new installment when so many features are missing from the last one due to expansion packs. Basically, if it doesn't have Seasons yet I'm not gonna play it. I really want too though! :saddowns:

Adam Bowen posted:

Is that a GBS thing? I haven't read GBS in 10 years, it's just a catchphrase I notice the imp zoners using a lot

You're not fooling anyone but yourself.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/games/detail/HPp-wrUaZHOKvK_GzCJ9eDkIom6x_TEA

Shovel Knight showin up under trainable amiibos, pack it up boys

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

good

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Mordiceius posted:

Tough call, this.

I remember that I had to get out of the Sims 2 due to the thing crashing all the time from :filez: protection. Otherwise it was a great game, especially with the expansions I picked up.

As I recall, the Sims 3 is basically the Sims 2, but with less micromanagement and more zany unscripted interactions. Its focus was on "generations in a household" instead of "sperging over one family in one generation". I don't know if that's your thing; some people like dropping in a fireplace and watching with anticipation, some people like getting one character to their specific life goal.

Of course, I haven't exactly played Sims 3, but that's about all I can say to this. I had no idea Sims 4 was a thing :shrug:

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

so many features are missing from the last one due to expansion packs.

Unless I'm taking crazy pills this was the Sims business model from day one, people bring it up every game like it's some insane new excess from the bowels of EA, and not that EA isn't lovely, but if you've been playing them since the beginning, honestly, you should know how it works by now.

Of course, I was always the guy who just bought the base game and was happy with it, since I hardly played it enough to get bored with the content it had.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Adam Bowen posted:

Imp zone is gbs for the nerdy kids who pretend they're cool. Hth

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

DStecks posted:

Unless I'm taking crazy pills this was the Sims business model from day one, people bring it up every game like it's some insane new excess from the bowels of EA, and not that EA isn't lovely, but if you've been playing them since the beginning, honestly, you should know how it works by now.

Of course, I was always the guy who just bought the base game and was happy with it, since I hardly played it enough to get bored with the content it had.

Oh that's totally the business model they use and I'm well aware of it. That's why I hold off on purchasing the base game. I know eventually they're gonna release an expansion pack with all the features I really like, so its just a matter of waiting for that pack to come along before buying the game. And for me that pack is Seasons. I could proabbly enjoy the base game well enough, but I know I'd get a lot more satisfaction out of it by waiting for the features I really enjoy to come back.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Nasgate posted:

That's every forum, actually.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Nasgate posted:

All of SA is like that but it's a bit more complex.

The rest > GBS > ADTRW > Pet Island >>>>>>>> TCC

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> you're posts

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Sorry that was uncalled for.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

don't make fun of pet island, it is the funniest poo poo on the forums

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

corn in the bible posted:

don't make fun of pet island, it is the funniest poo poo on the forums

"hmm lemme check that out *click* oh, just a thread called 'my dog died' guess corn's wrong on this one"

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Grapplejack posted:

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/games/detail/HPp-wrUaZHOKvK_GzCJ9eDkIom6x_TEA

Shovel Knight showin up under trainable amiibos, pack it up boys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3kngIqC1wg

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> you're posts

:(

Lurdiak posted:

Sorry that was uncalled for.

:)

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe

Nasgate posted:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

a few months ago someone was given enormous red text avatars over and over for daring to buy a pit bull

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

a few months ago someone was given enormous red text avatars over and over for daring to buy a pit bull

Somehow still less petty than the Diablo 3 gold guy.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

that may be incredibly depressing, but is still funnier than a thousand people posting the word cuck like doing so will somehow make them interesting

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Heavy Lobster posted:

Somehow still less petty than the Diablo 3 gold guy.

man, whatever happened to that guy?

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

man, whatever happened to that guy?

I think he got banned for escalating his real-money auction house rage. The weirdest part was that most of the people he bought avatars for didn't post any strong opinions about it in the first place, he just kind of slapped it on people I guess he didn't like who also happened to have posted within a few pages of his meltdown.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Following up on the Sam&Max thing we were talking about earlier:

It's broken on Windows 7, 8, and 10. Don't buy it. I paid the 75% off and got a bunch of broken games in my Steam Library x_x. I should have checked the Community Hub for this poo poo beforehand. drat you, Goons!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Love Stole the Day posted:

It's broken on Windows 7, 8, and 10. Don't buy it. I paid the 75% off and got a bunch of broken games in my Steam Library x_x. I should have checked the Community Hub for this poo poo beforehand. drat you, Goons!

At a glance, the games still work fine on my Windows 7. :confused:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I beat the games fine last year on 7.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
That's really, really weird to hear, because in the Community Hub for the game everyone says that it doesn't work for 7, 8, and 10. I myself am on 10 and I've tried using compatibility back to 7, 8, and even vista. Nothing seems to work for me or for these other people. :smith:

I guess just take what I said with a grain of salt, then.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Looking at the forums, it seems the number of bits your OS installation has and the resolution the game tries to run at might be involved in the problem. The games launched at the wrong resolution for me, but I just corrected it in the options. I can imagine if the mismatch is great enough, the video card might just give up. I hope you can get this worked out, those games really are great.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

They work just fine on my Windows 8 laptop :confused:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

If it helps at all, I recall there being some weird bug in Telltale games from a certain period where the game refuses to run if you have a controller plugged in when you start it on certain versions of Windows, I can't remember which.
It happened to me on Poker Night 2 and I remember reading about it happening to other TT games as well.
I believe there was a patch for it, but it's been a while so I can't remember the details on that either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Adam Bowen posted:

go away

• Locked thread