Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

:love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pertinent
Apr 3, 2009
They announced it.

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/update-regarding-the-next-cbt/41322

quote:

Hello guys!
It’s already been two months since we've had our 1st CBT (wow time flies! :open_mouth:) and I'm excited to finally share with you some updates we have for our 2nd CBT. (please note that the following may be subject to change depending on the progress of development)
Our plan at the moment is to launch the 2nd CBT for Tree of Savior in October. The test will run longer this time, for approximately one month, and previous testers who have joined us in the 1st CBT will be able to join us again, along with 5,000 new testers.
Further details regarding test schedules and tester selection will be announced as we finalize so please hang on for official announcements in the future and until then, thank you for your patience and ongoing support for Tree of Savior.

And then their servers killed themselves.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I can't wait for shithead streamers to stream nonstop of their grinds and ruin the EXP curve for everyone else.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Let's Do It!

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

I need this

forge
Feb 26, 2006
No place to actually sign up for the beta.. RAGE...

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
You signed up for the last one simply by logging into the website before a cutoff date.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Yessssssss :unsmigghh:

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Excited for another round of crippling disappointment

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
time to signn the gently caress up and not play it because of school commitments

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Red Red Blue posted:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Red Red Blue posted:

:negative:

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

October is going to be such a busy month for video games. I'm so excited for this!

Dolphin Fetus
May 31, 2006

We must kill them. We must incinerate them. Pig after pig. Cow after cow. Village after village. Army after army.
I played RO:renewal for a couple of months then burnt out after the grind to ranger required me doing loving Turn Ins and getting into groups. I forgot about this game.

Did they ever go back on the whole "no mouse, keyboard+gamepad only" thing? That was a pretty big bummer.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
The game supports mouse-driven movement, the aforementioned keyboard movement, and the gamepad support feels surprisingly good.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Scoss posted:

The game supports mouse-driven movement, the aforementioned keyboard movement, and the gamepad support feels surprisingly good.

Is there a way to control facing while using mouse movement besides facing the direction you last moved to?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I'm going to assume ICBT2 will use the new rank system, so I updated the OP.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

quality kmmo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f01IAG9X6fg

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
elementalist op as gently caress

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sometimes flaming rocks fall and kill everyone in the other team. poo poo happens ok, its balanced

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

I cannot wait to play this loving game.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
If we form a goon guild, let us not use the grenade as a guild emblem please

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

whalestory posted:

If we form a goon guild, let us not use the grenade as a guild emblem please

Why not? What is wrong with that emblem?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

This is a centurion skill, and we should make it our emblem:

If not that, then something else anime. But remember... That means Grunty gets the final say!

pertinent
Apr 3, 2009

Silento posted:

This is a centurion skill, and we should make it our emblem:

If not that, then something else anime. But remember... That means Grunty gets the final say!

Grunty knows he needs to level up to templar class to make guilds right? I'm guessing he does. He wouldn't have said that otherwise.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

pertinent posted:

Grunty knows he needs to level up to templar class to make guilds right? I'm guessing he does. He wouldn't have said that otherwise.

:ssh:

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Silento posted:

________________/

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
goons sans frontieres

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Updated the OP with an interview with an interview with the head of S.F.A. (at least he was when the interview was posted, IDK about now!). Apparently soundTemP isn't working on ToS, although the guy being interviewed and I assume a portion of his team used to work there.

I also fixed some typos and other errors, and added a note that the skill builder is down because the site hosting it got hacked. kMMO fansites, are, you know... Yeah.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I think I remember reading that but its effectively soundtemp given how its like 99% of their signature. We already have the soundtrack and it owns bones

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
I don't remember reading, is there a level cap already, or will you be able to level up so much that you can eventually get all the skills?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

whalestory posted:

goons sans frontieres

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Hirethor posted:

I don't remember reading, is there a level cap already, or will you be able to level up so much that you can eventually get all the skills?

The level cap currently in place in the Korean beta is level 200, but only up to rank 6 (out of 10) is available. They're adding more and more data on rank 7 classes to the files, so I wouldn't be surprised to see those in within a month or two. No idea whether or not we'll see them in the ICBT2, though.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i'm a lazy loving idiot, but i'm also curious if there's an english announcement for this game yet

thanks, see you later

pertinent
Apr 3, 2009

hubris.height posted:

i'm a lazy loving idiot, but i'm also curious if there's an english announcement for this game yet

thanks, see you later

The koreans do primary game testing, the rest of us muppets do regional infrastructure tests, but for all I know it seems like they intend to release the game simultaneously across all regions, except those that have been outsourced to other publishers.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

quote:

Hello. We are IMCGAMES TOS Team.

We are glad to share with you our 2nd Beta Test Schedule for TOS English Version.

The test will be carried out for one month of period.

We wish to accomplish enhancement on qualities of English translations and receive various feedback on overall contents in the game by updating the game fast enough to catch the latest Korean version throughout the test period.

Furthermore, to accommodate more of our fans to the test, there is no limit on the number of testers this time.

The detailed schedule is as follows.

All Dates and Times are based on Eastern Standard Time (NA).
EDT will be applied until Oct 31st and EST will be applied from Nov 1st.
1) Test Schedule

Tuesday, October 27, 2015, 03:00 AM (EDT) ~ Thursday, November 25, 2015, 23:00 PM (EST)
2) Server Operating Hours and Maintenance

24 Hours
Maintenance: Every Tuesday 01:00 AM ~ 05:00 AM (4 Hours)
3) Registration and Deadline

Register through [Register for 2nd Beta Test] Button on TOS homepage
Registration Period: After the announcement of this notice ~ Monday, October 19, 2015, 01:00 AM

The testers who had participated for the 1st Beta Test can use the same keys they had used for the 1st Best Test and do not need to go through the registration process.

4) Requirements and Exceptions

There is no limit on the number of testers so anyone who registers through [Register for 2nd Beta Test] Button on TOS homepage will be selected as Beta Testers.

However, our fans from the countries like Korea, Japan, China and the other countries where we have our local publishers will be excluded from the test. We seek for your kind understanding in advance.

5) Beta-Keys Distribution Schedule

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 ~ Friday, October 23, 2015
Beta Keys will be distributed to your email addresses and you will also be able to check your Beta Keys on TOS homepage.
6) For our github contributors and fan site managers

There will be no limit on the number of testers for our 2nd Beta Test so please register within the registration period.
If you need additional keys after the period, please inquire us via tossupport@imc.co.kr

7) Other Information

All data from 1st Beta Test will be reset
All the Rates in the game including EXP/Drop Rates and etc will be based on Korean 3rd CBT.
For more detailed information on test participation and the way to activate your Beta Key, we will notify you again soon.

Thank you.

Get it while it's hot, goons.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Sounds like a quality check/stress test? Cool. Wonder what I should play this round?

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Ah I can finally get in on this, sweet. Will be away in Japan for half of it :/ do you think they block IP's from there because of the english only thing then? Would suck to miss playing it. Maybe a VPN would work.

Ninogan fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Oct 16, 2015

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

:aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

How did melee classes fair last beta? Most of the videos I see are of magic and ranged classes.
I was thinking of going Hoplight and trying to do a spear-knight kind of thing.

• Locked thread