Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This dude just posted in a local FB group about a police encounter he had tonight. He went to KFC and got dinner for his family and got popped for speeding less than a mile from the KFC. He sat in his car until a second cruiser showed up. They had him get up and sit in the car that was in front of his, asked if they could search his car and he said yes claiming he had nothing to hide. After a few minutes they let him off with a warning. So he gets home and he's like WTF THEY STOLE MY CHICKEN.

So he thinks the police are targeting KFC drive through customers for free chicken now and if true this is loving hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Rhyno posted:

This dude just posted in a local FB group about a police encounter he had tonight. He went to KFC and got dinner for his family and got popped for speeding less than a mile from the KFC. He sat in his car until a second cruiser showed up. They had him get up and sit in the car that was in front of his, asked if they could search his car and he said yes claiming he had nothing to hide. After a few minutes they let him off with a warning. So he gets home and he's like WTF THEY STOLE MY CHICKEN.

So he thinks the police are targeting KFC drive through customers for free chicken now and if true this is loving hilarious.
I'm adding this to my list of things to do if I ever become a cop. Too bad it's from Facebook, where the odds of it being true or even penned by that guy are pretty slim.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

N is for Nipples posted:

I'm adding this to my list of things to do if I ever become a cop. Too bad it's from Facebook, where the odds of it being true or even penned by that guy are pretty slim.

I don't know him (there's like 8,000 people in this group) so I can't validate his story based on past experience but I really, really want it to be true.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I fully expected the story to end with the cops finding (planting) weed in his car or something.

The KFC theft story is funny but I doubt it's true.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
All the cops I know go to extreme lengths to avoid eating fast food, because it's just too easy to subsist on a trucker diet when you're on patrol.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
How did he not immediately notice that his KFC was missing?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
It is Indiana. I've learned through Rhyno that nothings impossible.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
I just got back from The Martian and holy poo poo am I jumping on the "this movie's loving awesome" :bandwagon:.

I am loving this trend of semi-realistic science fiction movies. The whole time I was watching I kept thinking "hey, we could be on loving Mars if we stopped waving our dicks around on Earth for a little bit."

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Magnus Praeda posted:

I just got back from The Martian and holy poo poo am I jumping on the "this movie's loving awesome" :bandwagon:.

I am loving this trend of semi-realistic science fiction movies. The whole time I was watching I kept thinking "hey, we could be on loving Mars if we stopped waving our dicks around on Earth for a little bit."
I took issue with some liberties it took with the book, I feel like it would have been maybe better if they had held to it closer. However, it was a really good movie and I can see why they cut what they had. I wish they had stuck closer.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

N is for Nipples posted:

I took issue with some liberties it took with the book, I feel like it would have been maybe better if they had held to it closer. However, it was a really good movie and I can see why they cut what they had. I wish they had stuck closer.

I have to admit, I haven't read it yet. I'm going to pick up a copy this week.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

N is for Nipples posted:

I heard they consulted with NASA for the movie and fixed some of the details that the book had wrong, but I haven't seen the movie so I don't know exactly which parts you might mean.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Second week in a row I get to deal with idiot drunks, yay me.

I love how these people try to rationalize and reason like what they say matters to anyone but themselves. This ain't Walmart motherfuckers, the drunk customer is never right, as a matter of fact you have no rights, so enjoy the rental car you're sleeping in now because every hotel on the beach is sold out you dumb loving idiot.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

leica posted:

Second week in a row I get to deal with idiot drunks, yay me.

I love how these people try to rationalize and reason like what they say matters to anyone but themselves. This ain't Walmart motherfuckers, the drunk customer is never right, as a matter of fact you have no rights, so enjoy the rental car you're sleeping in now because every hotel on the beach is sold out you dumb loving idiot.

I live across the street from a bar where a lots of "bros" go. I heard one said "bro" about every other word. No exaggeration. Also they try to sound like Californians 20-30 years ago.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

So I have a (not really close) friend who wears his bluetooth earpiece non-stop. And its not like its a discrete one. And he takes a gazillion selfies and posts them all over the place. And he always turns his head to the bluetooth side for said selfies.

I don't have the heart to tell him he's an idiot because he's a happy idiot.

Useless information of the day, you're welcome.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Does he get a lot of calls or is he wearing it "just in case?"

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Yes.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Its like the fanny pack, super practical but god drat does it make you look like a dweeb.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

"fanny pack" will never stop being funny.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Preoptopus posted:

Its like the fanny pack, super practical but god drat does it make you look like a dweeb.

Practical in theory but terrible execution. As someone who spends a lot of time on the phone for work I plead with you don't use the Bluetooth headset. It sounds like rear end.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
They can actually sound very decent, but it all depends on implementation, on both ends, and how much else is going on (competing BT links, WiFi).

The Bluetooth phone standard is rather clever when it comes to wide band speech, low latency and packet retransmissions, but like anything else, it breaks apart if you hammer on it enough.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

CharlesM posted:

I heard they consulted with NASA for the movie and fixed some of the details that the book had wrong, but I haven't seen the movie so I don't know exactly which parts you might mean.

Mostly it seems like they omitted several of the accidents/adverse situations from the book. I don't want to spoil anything, though.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
This is cool as poo poo, in a dumb corny way. New cruising/chilling music :v:

http://www.chartattack.com/news/2015/10/09/someone-just-uploaded-their-complete-collection-of-kmart-in-store-background-music/

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

N is for Nipples posted:

Mostly it seems like they omitted several of the accidents/adverse situations from the book. I don't want to spoil anything, though.

The author is super happy about the screenplay, and agreed with all of their changes, so I can't hate too much.

I know someone up thread specifically mentioned the canvas, he admitted himself that he was fine with it cause that was one thing in the book he just hand waved into existence cause he didn't know of anything really to use. So he just invented a material to keep the book going.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Do spiders love convertibles or just mine? I'm finding one or two a day in there, usually chilling out in the place the top is stored.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Mosquitoes love mine for some reason, every time I get in to go somewhere they come out from under the dash and seats and try to suck my blood until I mash the gas and all the incredible torque just blows them out leaving them hungry.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Whilst being drunk at an Oktoberfest festival last night, I got in a conversation with another "car guy" who's friends with some of my friends. He boldly wondered why no one has put a Mitsubishi Futo engine in a Miata and run it at the 24 Hours of LeMans, because it would surely smoke all of the LMP cars. :psyduck:

Edit: Also, he told me he was going to name his child Ayrton before it was miscarried.

T-Square fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 11, 2015

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
The Land Rover is MOT'd, "taxed", and been given a 100+ mile shakedown run. During which nothing fell off. Gearbox still noisy, but it's not like it was going to magically get quieter from being parked up for two years.

Really noticing the Landie Wave as soon as I got back on the road in it. Anyone in a Series or Defender is your mate, though no evidence of the Disco/Rangie enthusiast crowd out today.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

T-Square posted:

Edit: Also, he told me he was going to name his child Ayrton before it was miscarried.

Jesus that's almost as bad as my coworker who named his son Jack after Jacques Villeneuve

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Wait, futo or fuso? Because right now I have a mental image of a miata with a big turbo diesel ripping around and know its probably not right in a bunch of differeent ways.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

T-Square posted:

Whilst being drunk at an Oktoberfest festival last night, I got in a conversation with another "car guy" who's friends with some of my friends. He boldly wondered why no one has put a Mitsubishi Futo engine in a Miata and run it at the 24 Hours of LeMans, because it would surely smoke all of the LMP cars. :psyduck:

Nah, it would get its rear end handed to it by the Hino powered Celica I'm now imagining.

E: Someone quote SSSwitch's Detroit Discovette tumblr post here, I'm phone posting. Tia

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 11, 2015

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So my son is in little league, and we practice hitting in our back yard with a "quick stick" which is a small diameter bat that you hit plastic golf sized balls with for better hand-eye coordination. He tends to hit balls over the fence and our neighbors just throw them back over whenever and it hasn't really been a big deal. One of my neighbors who I thought was a friend decided it wasn't cool by screaming THAT ALMOST HIT ME IN THE loving HEAD!!! keep in mind this is a tiny wiffle ball the size of a golf ball that literally couldn't hurt a fly. So am I unreasonable to think he's being ridiculous? Do I really have to go to a park now to try to get him some hitting practice? What the gently caress.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
If he's regularly hitting them over the fence? I'd say yeah.

Friend or no, and hurt or no, I'd get annoyed if I was getting hit or having to pick poo poo up from my neighbors.

That or put up some kind of screen/netting. But yeah, constantly hitting poo poo into a neighbor's yard is uncool.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

leica posted:

So my son is in little league, and we practice hitting in our back yard with a "quick stick" which is a small diameter bat that you hit plastic golf sized balls with for better hand-eye coordination. He tends to hit balls over the fence and our neighbors just throw them back over whenever and it hasn't really been a big deal. One of my neighbors who I thought was a friend decided it wasn't cool by screaming THAT ALMOST HIT ME IN THE loving HEAD!!! keep in mind this is a tiny wiffle ball the size of a golf ball that literally couldn't hurt a fly. So am I unreasonable to think he's being ridiculous? Do I really have to go to a park now to try to get him some hitting practice? What the gently caress.

It could have been just a bad day for the neighbor and your son may have hit it at just the wrong time. Or, the neighbor throws them back whenever, but generally resents doing so and you happened to have a cross-yard ball at the wrong time.

Either way, it was the wrong time... and really you can't get mad at the neighbor unless you have a standing "yeah, it's cool" agreement. If it's just been something that you haven't talked about, that's on you.

Edit: gently caress. I agree with iwentdoodie. :(

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

leica posted:

Everyone in your neighbourhood probably hates you fyi

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
I'm surprised nobody posted it here but it's too late as most poo poo is gone, but summit has all the sunpro stuff on clearance.

I missed out on a $17 egt gauge...

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

meatpimp posted:

It could have been just a bad day for the neighbor and your son may have hit it at just the wrong time.

This ended up being it, he came by shortly after and apologized so it's all good now. We've always been cool since I've lived here (over 10 years) so it was just kind of a shock, mostly for my son because they have had a great relationship as well.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Elmnt80 posted:

Wait, futo or fuso? Because right now I have a mental image of a miata with a big turbo diesel ripping around and know its probably not right in a bunch of differeent ways.

I don't know, whichever one is the box truck thing, so exactly what you're imagining.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My dog won't stop eating goose poo poo and it's driving me nuts

anyone have any tips to help him stop or is it something that I get to look forward to for the rest of my life

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tusen Takk posted:

anyone have any tips to help him stop or is it something that I get to look forward to for the rest of my life

my dog ate rabbit poo poo for a while, started giving him a bit of vegetables and that stopped. pretty sure they're doing it because of a nutrient deficiency or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Tusen Takk posted:

Dogs love to eat poo poo.

• Locked thread