Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

hosed up if true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Bleach kinda jumped the shark in a lot of ways but the biggest is how everyone can survive literally getting shredded to pieces, so stinger panels at the end of chapters where people are getting massive holes blown in them or getting their heads cut off or whatever just have no meaning.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Fabricated posted:

Bleach kinda jumped the shark in a lot of ways but the biggest is how everyone can survive literally getting shredded to pieces, so stinger panels at the end of chapters where people are getting massive holes blown in them or getting their heads cut off or whatever just have no meaning.

Don't apply your corporeal standards to ghost people, bigot :colbert:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Chinese scans of the new chapter are up.

So are Korean for that matter.

Title of the new chapter? Bakugou Katsuki: The Origin

:vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince:

EDIT: A ha ha ha I totally forgot the Chinese scans already went up.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Midoriya is there to fix everyone so its more tragic when he dies at the end of the manga. :unsmigghh:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Lamebot posted:

Don't apply your corporeal standards to ghost people, bigot :colbert:

It does when it has the same lasting impact as a loony toons clip.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Fabricated posted:

Midoriya is there to fix everyone so its more tragic when he dies at the end of the manga. :unsmigghh:

Midoriya's actual quirk is being able to punch the PTSD out of people. He just never discovered it as a kid because he never punched anyone that hard.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://manga.famatg.com/read/my_hero_academia/en/0/62/page/1

Flipping awesome chapter.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

You can see in the panel after the first beat down on Bakugou that he's running away without even helping him. That's why Bakugou ends up jumping into him.

Also, I guess PTSD only works when the main character isn't having his moment of looking awesome by snapping Icyhot out of it, or fighting Stain. But up against All Might knowing he won't get killed? Haha of course he's having flashbacks!

Okay now that the chapter is out it's even more clear. Of course he doesn't have flash backs while he's in the middle of something. He has them after, because when you're actually getting hosed up you don't have flash backs of you getting hosed up at that specific time.

Like that's what the P stands for. Post. After. He's having flashbacks and freaking out, partly because he worships All Might and everything, but also partly because he remembers the last time he was this out classed it was literally a Hero Killer and All Might is coming at him with the same feeling of intent, regardless of it being a Training Exercise or not.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Bakugou's characterization remains consistent. He's #1, he's going to officially be #1 whenever he has the chance, and the #1 guy doesn't need help and also can't lose because that's what being #1 means.

Works I guess.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I really liked Bakugou's characterization in this chapter. The revelation that it was All Might who inspires his pride and stubbornness was cool.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Terper posted:

I really liked Bakugou's characterization in this chapter. The revelation that it was All Might who inspires his pride and stubbornness was cool.

Its yet another part of how the author consistently tries to play with how people have differing ideas of what being a 'hero' is, or how they respond to particular inspirations. Some see the heroism, some see the strength, some see the victory.

Also liked how he integrated the suits having functional applications to support and/or amplify their user's abilities. Bakugou's gauntlets store up his explosive secretion, but there's nothing that requires they stay on his wrists. Its a nice tactic.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I like how they are now working together on a plan that can simply never succeed.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bakugou is actually letting himself work together with Deku!?! :aaaaa:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Baron Explodokill is the hero we need.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Bakugou is actually letting himself work together with Deku!?! :aaaaa:

And hating every second of it. Eat it Bakugou.

HellishWhiskers
Mar 29, 2012

She was an awkward girl

Dr Subterfuge posted:

And hating every second of it. Eat it Bakugou.

Every one of the ten seconds of it before they inevitably fail because how the hell is this is supposed to hurt All Might?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

HellishWhiskers posted:

Every one of the ten seconds of it before they inevitably fail because how the hell is this is supposed to hurt All Might?

If it's the supercharged version that Bakugou used during the Battle Trial, it could probably put a dent in All Might.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Vengarr posted:

If it's the supercharged version that Bakugou used during the Battle Trial, it could probably put a dent in All Might.

I figure it will at least throw him back.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Bakugou goes to the Saitama school of heroing. The proest school.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Bakugou is now even more the best character.

Also I want that Fun! poo poo shirt.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

HellishWhiskers posted:

It doesn't need to hurt him. Just stun him long enough for them to slap the handcuffs on.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fabricated posted:

Bakugou goes to the Saitama school of heroing. The proest school.

More like he was there for the first six words, then immediately dropped out.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Terper posted:

Astro Nut posted:

Its yet another part of how the author consistently tries to play with how people have differing ideas of what being a 'hero' is, or how they respond to particular inspirations. Some see the heroism, some see the strength, some see the victory.

Also liked how he integrated the suits having functional applications to support and/or amplify their user's abilities. Bakugou's gauntlets store up his explosive secretion, but there's nothing that requires they stay on his wrists. Its a nice tactic.

Yeah, I really like how Deku, Todoroki, and Bakugou were all inspired by heroes by All Might, but for different reasons that probably stemmed from how they were raised.

Deku, the normal guy without any powers, worships heroes, and All Might is pretty much THE Hero. He's pretty much the epitome of who Deku wants to be.

Torodoki, raised by a moody and jealous jackass who abused him and tried to live vicariously through him, is inspired by a hero who is the polar opposite of his father. All Might is always smiling, doesn't have a mean bone in his body, and encourages people to do what they want, to not be tied down, and to become their own person.

Bakugou, a natural-born genius, who was always considered such by everyone around him. He admires strength, determination, and tenacity, as shown by his acknowledgement of Uraraka. To him, All Might is the greatest hero, a guy who constantly fights against the odds all by himself, which may be why he dislikes the thought of working together, especially with someone he looks down upon.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Bakugou is basically a John Cena fan.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I noticed that the top ten on the popularity poll have their numbers on their clothes somewhere. I'm trying to find them, but some are pretty well-hidden.

-Kaminari (10): Can't find it.
-Aizawa (9): Little bag hanging off his belt.
-Iida (8): Right on his helmet.
-Tokoyami (7): Metal thing below his scarf.
-Tsuyu (6): Upper-mid part of her bag. It's orange like the rest, so it is quite hard to see.
-All Might (5): Ear part of headphones.
-Uraraka (4): All over her scarf.
-Bakugou (3): Can't find it.
-Todoroki (2): Right shoulder.
-Deku (1): On his bag's handle. Right over his heart.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I noticed that the top ten on the popularity poll have their numbers on their clothes somewhere. I'm trying to find them, but some are pretty well-hidden.

-Bakugou (3): Can't find it.

It's on his belt next to the number of votes for him.

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

I know it's not going to happen, but I really want to see All Might just completely dunk on the kids.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Zweihander01 posted:

I know it's not going to happen, but I really want to see All Might just completely dunk on the kids.

All Might literally just tears Bakugou's head off in front of Deku, finally getting revenge on him for treating his precious disciple poorly.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Zweihander01 posted:

Initially I read All Might's line "Then don't regret this," as "Then I don't regret this," and I was like, drat that's cold as gently caress.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

"Evil" Might kinda sounds like he's having fun

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Of course he's having fun he doesn't have to be scared like in a real fight.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Zweihander01 posted:

I want All Might to completely dunk on them until Bakugou does something actually heroic, like taking a hit for Deku or something, and then he lets them win because he's a big ol' softy.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I want All Might to completely dunk on them until Bakugou does something actually heroic, like taking a hit for Deku or something, and then he lets them win because he's a big ol' softy.

Bakugou would probably hate what he would perceive as a pity win.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Man, I dunno why, but I just really want to see Bakugou just slip off the deep end and become an anti-hero, or even a villain, like Stain. The backstory reveal with the latest chapter would certainly support his singleminded sense of heroism, and I feel that he's just perilously close to that edge.

Of course, odds are kind of against it considering he decides to work with Deku in the end of this chapter, and the fact that this is a pretty lighthearted and optimistic series, but I feel it'd be really satisfying and cathartic to see him turn to the dark side.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I feel like that'd be the easy and standard Shonen route ala Sasuke and that Bakugou being that kind of character type (the genius rear end in a top hat) but having that singlemindedness tuned to being a hero rather than just the strongest makes him more interesting than he'd be if he went dark side.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Jintor posted:

"Evil" Might kinda sounds like he's having fun

He's hamming it up gloriously :allears:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

DrSunshine posted:

Man, I dunno why, but I just really want to see Bakugou just slip off the deep end and become an anti-hero, or even a villain, like Stain. The backstory reveal with the latest chapter would certainly support his singleminded sense of heroism, and I feel that he's just perilously close to that edge.

Of course, odds are kind of against it considering he decides to work with Deku in the end of this chapter, and the fact that this is a pretty lighthearted and optimistic series, but I feel it'd be really satisfying and cathartic to see him turn to the dark side.

I really don't. I had my fill of Sasuke.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I don't feel like All Might would swear so casually.
"Collateral damage to the city? Who gives a drat!" doesn't have the same impact? I guess, but I don't think gently caress is necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Since we have the frontloaded tragedy of All Might's inevitable death I don't think we're going to see anything TOO terrible happen to the kids yet.

Like, I'd be surprised if any of them take anything resembling a serious wound until after All Might drops.