Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make

FireWorksWell posted:

YouTube and Facebook have come together to control the majority of Internet activity, their word is gospel

No, there are actual citations within the video himself, at about 40 seconds in. Trust me, the guy does explain himself.

Fionordequester fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Namtab posted:

Goku never had a rad theme is why

um
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH_CcJ-uBWI

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Namtab posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97wJM-C9_w8 this is almost his theme

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

New Leaf posted:

I don't have my Kai disks for the end of the Cell Saga yet, does Gohan's SSJ2 transformation have the same soundtrack as the Japanese one with the people singing?

Gohan's SSJ2 thing is kind of lame in Kai

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

At last...the sleeper has awakened....

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro
Next episode's going to be fun!

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
.... the gently caress?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
It's probably a dream/day dream sequence.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Looks just like Hulk Hogan.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Gokule???

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro

Covok posted:

It's probably a dream/day dream sequence.

I think its a "retelling" of how Satan beat Beerus. Kinda like the Cell one back in Z.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Yeah, the "Beerus" he's fighting looks like a messed up bat.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Namtab posted:

faulconer will forever be ok because of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2JjjSKh6jM

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Silver95280 posted:

I think its a "retelling" of how Satan beat Beerus. Kinda like the Cell one back in Z.

Yep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0KxyOk4j00

Maybe it's just me, but Batbeerus kinda has a Devilman vibe to him.

And if "Super Satan" in this "retelling" is supposed to stand for the Super Saiyan God... that means Mark "Hercule" Satan has become both God and Devil.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Silver95280 posted:

Next episode's going to be fun!

Dragon Ball Super Anime of the millennium and the last one too.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

StrifeHira posted:

And if "Super Satan" in this "retelling" is supposed to stand for the Super Saiyan God... that means Mark "Hercule" Satan has become both God and Devil.
I'd say https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFSen7DRQWU is more appropriate.

e: And listening to the two of them near each other, they're surprisingly similar!

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Nessus posted:

I'd say https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFSen7DRQWU is more appropriate.

e: And listening to the two of them near each other, they're surprisingly similar!

Yes, God Hand makes a direct homage to Mazinger Z through that. Hence the song sounding similar.

Meanwhile, in Dragon Ball Heroes news...

Yep. It's Gohan. Super Saiyan 4.

Super 17 (18 absorbed). :wtc:

Towa (she... has a new dress?).

StrifeHira fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Oct 11, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Towa's stuff in Heroes seems to be after Xenoverse's plot

probably prepping for a sequel

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I wonder what they'll do for a Xenoverse sequel story. Will the they start covering Dragon Ball Super? Do Raditz to Buu + extra stuff again but with more wacky changes? Go back to the original Dragon Ball and have wacky changes there? Or maybe a purely original story?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I feel like original DB will probably get some love, since Dokkan Battle has all kinds of original DB stuff in it (including the pirate robot and Mercenary Tao). Plus they'll probably have Resurrection F stuff baked into the main plot instead of being lazy DLC, and probably whatever's done of Super by the time they release it (with the remainder as DLC).

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Give me more Supreme Kai of Time

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

StrifeHira posted:

Yes, God Hand makes a direct homage to Mazinger Z through that. Hence the song sounding similar.

Why does 17 look like a dude?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Because he is? 18 is the girl.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

watching resurrection F again

still owns

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
This is possibly a strange question, but what's the best figure of Mark "Hercule" Satan out there? All the ones on the DB wiki collectibles page look kind of lovely (and most of them are ancient), except for the Battle of Gods Banpresto one which seems to have vanished from the internet.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Oct 11, 2015

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

StrifeHira posted:

Yep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0KxyOk4j00

Maybe it's just me, but Batbeerus kinda has a Devilman vibe to him.

:allears:

god krillin next please

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Next week might finally be the episode to dethrone driving cars as the greatest episode of anime of all time.

I can't wait.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

While watching episode 11 it occurs to me that the SSG aura is very similar to Golden Frieza's aura - unrefined and quick to wear out. I wonder if Frieza managed to hit upon god ki?

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

StrifeHira posted:

trandroid 18

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Zedd posted:

Because he is? 18 is the girl.

Oh right. Nevermind me then.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

deadly_pudding posted:

I thought AMVs were the poo poo when I was a teenager, too.

My favorite was actually a really cheesey like father/son moments montage set to Still Fighting It.

I remember seeing this in the AMV competition at, like, AWA 2004 or something. I loved it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWr1Z0yUZ7A

Faulconer score is worth it for SSVegeta, SS3Goku, and then the two opening themes. Everything else is pretty bad. I wish the Kai guy had never been caught - his plagiarized music was awesome.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

StrifeHira posted:

Yep. It's Gohan. Super Saiyan 4.

I love you Dragonball Heroes. Keep being crazy :allears:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Dragon Ball Heroes: now our stupid OCs are canon and we refuse to be stopped.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Man, I wish that Heroes had story content other than short, unvoiced cutscenes. That, or that Super was just adapting Heroes content. I wanna see teenage Gotenks, SSJ3 Trunks/Vegeta/Everyone Else, SSJ4 Gohan, etc.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Honestly can't believe that you guys are more interested in those crappy Heroes things than SUPER SATAN.

The poll is current 129 poseurs and me. :colbert:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Super Saiyan Satan is amazing and justifies Super's existance all on his own.

That said, it's hard to ignore Super Saiyan 4 Gohan. This is the kind of love both Toriyama and Toei have decided Gohan will never get, and Heroes just comes and says "oh yes, we remember that character everyone except the production team liked. Here, have a super mode!". It's an amazing thing, after Gohan has gotten humilliated over and over after DBZ ended. GT removed his final form, BoG had him one-shot (and Super made it even worse), and then RF combined both into one movie because that's exactly what we wanted out of Gohan. This? This is the respect he deserves. Hopefully it'll open the way to a SSG or SSGSS Gohan in the future too.

The other two are fine, I guess. Super 17 looks weird like that, and I'd like to know what the context is on Towa's new look.

I just hope that this will be taken by the next Dragon Ball game that actually releases worldwide, Xenoverse 2 or whatever. Because it is cool.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Gohan owns and it sucks that he went from not wanting to fight to not knowing how.

I can't decide what was more pathetic between getting eaten by Buu or watching Videl eat dirt.

Amorphous Blob fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Oct 11, 2015

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

StrifeHira posted:

i am very confused right now

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Here's the video where all of that comes from. Also that shows Gohan turning into SS4 without a tail, I'm not entirely sure Heroes understands how the form works. I also don't care, because I gladly accept more Super Saiyan 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEkd_0oUSsk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fractial
Apr 28, 2005

When we spin we feel good.
My god, since the SSJ God power-up these fight scenes have been way over the top.

I love it! Getting TTGL vibes from how extreme the power ups will get by the end of Super.

• Locked thread