Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
How are the recent issues of Rat Queens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Finished off what I was missing from Rat Queen and grabbed Sex Criminals, East of West Vol 4, and Wytches. $25 for a ton of comics is a drat good deal.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Throwing a recommendation out for Velvet.

Edit: Bought the volumes of Criminal and Sex Criminals. I'll catch fade out the next time.

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Oct 6, 2015

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Definitely jumping on Bitch Planet and Rat Queens, but how often does Saga go on sale like this? Assuming I want to get them all eventually, will I regret not getting them now?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

KentuckyFriedBonBon posted:

how often does Saga go on sale like this?

Image seems to put on big sales 2-4 times a year, and it's always in there.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I assume Christmas will have a huge one like last year.

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

Man, soooo many books in that Image sale I want to read.

Books I've read and recommend: Saga, Sex Criminals, Bitch Planet, Rat Queens, Wytches, No Mercy
Books I've read that were all right: Alex + Ada (if you can deal with the art and are into the concept, it's good. Otherwise, eh.)
Books with a lot of acclaim that I've read a few issues of and know I'll really dig if I buy and read the rest: The Wicked and the Divine, Southern Bastards, East of West, Lazarus
Books I've read a few issues of and think would probably be quite enjoyable: Shutter, Nailbiter (?)
Books that have complete runs in the sale that seem like they might be good buys: Zero, Sheltered

onefish fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Oct 6, 2015

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I wonder why they left Manhattan Projects and Stray Bullets this time.

https://www.comixology.com/Green-Arrow-Flash-Collections-Sale/page/8349?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL3NtYWxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw
Collection sale.
GA N52 and Kevin Smith/Judd Winick collections.
Flash N52, Geoff Johns' short pre-Flashpoint series, Fastest Man Alive

https://www.comixology.com/Top-Shelf-Sale/page/8354?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL3NtYWxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw
March 1-2, Jeffrey Brown stuff, Bacchus, Essex County, Cleveland, Maddy Kettle, Superfuckers, Super Spy, Alone Forever, Wizzywig, We Can Fix It, Underwire, Box Office Poison

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe
I'm liking Injection so far. It's only 3 issues in, but it feels like it's building to something interesting.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

InShaneee posted:

I'm liking Injection so far. It's only 3 issues in, but it feels like it's building to something interesting.

Reading it monthly, it feels like a very, very slow burn. I was wondering how it read all in one go.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sex Criminals is not what I was expecting. There's some really, really, good moments and I love the characters and this would make a terrific show if they can license Queen but at the same time the story is... I don't know how to explain it. Individually, I like almost everything about it. But when you put it all together something isn't clicking.

hadji murad posted:

How are the recent issues of Rat Queens?

I only bought signed up to 10 (vol 2) since I had the first six and it's good. The new artist is pretty good.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Can Jeffrey Brown write an autobio comic about how he eluded Nelson Muntz throughout school? Because based on his other autobio works, someone needed to punch him in the stomach, bad.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Just had a quick look on Comixology they've got a whole load of Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV show stuff added today and Aliens/ AvP too.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dark Horse singles are coming out.
https://www.comixology.com/Dark-Horse-Single-Issues/page/8370?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw&list8509_pg=2

Anyone wanna do a mass petition for migrating our DH app libraries?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I'd love to get my Groo and Usagi Yojimbo over!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
FFS, Dark Horse/Comixology, couldn't you have arranged for all this poo poo to go live yesterday or tomorrow? Having to slowly shoot past ONE BILLION OLD COMICS I don't care about is not what I want to be doing on new comics day.

:argh:

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

Sentinel Red posted:

FFS, Dark Horse/Comixology, couldn't you have arranged for all this poo poo to go live yesterday or tomorrow? Having to slowly shoot past ONE BILLION OLD COMICS I don't care about is not what I want to be doing on new comics day.

:argh:

The weekly dedicated new releases page probably has everything you want to see, without the old stuff that show up on the "New" tab: https://www.comixology.com/New-Releases/page/8403?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL3NtYWxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I'm having a weird issue on my new Android tablet: newer comics come in so pixelated that I can't read the text. It seems to be casually related to the date of the comic. For example, Deadly Class 1-9 are fine, 10-15 are unreadable. Sex Criminals 1-9 are fine, 10 isn't. Lazarus 1-14 are fine, 15-17 aren't.

It's not just Image. Infinity Gauntlet and E is for Extinction 1-4 are all unreadable, old Ms. Marvel books are fine.

They're all opening up just fine on my old tablet, albeit very slowly. Tried reinstalling comiXology, to no avail.

Has anyone experienced this?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Dark Horse singles are coming out.
https://www.comixology.com/Dark-Horse-Single-Issues/page/8370?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw&list8509_pg=2

Anyone wanna do a mass petition for migrating our DH app libraries?

i bought soooo much stuff with the dark horse app :(

anyway, i just cleaned up on comixology. bought 3 Iron Man collections and got all caught up on Southern Bastards, Trees, Injection, Lazarus, and Wytches. also got the first volume of Bacchus from the Top Shelf sale and Crecy from the Warren Ellis sale.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

onefish posted:

The weekly dedicated new releases page probably has everything you want to see, without the old stuff that show up on the "New" tab: https://www.comixology.com/New-Releases/page/8403?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL3NtYWxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw

Oooh, thank you for that, though thankfully they seem to have realised and have now removed all the re-releases.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I've never read East of West or Sex Criminals so no better time than the present to start I guess.

I can give big recommendations to Southern Bastards (especially if you're a college football fan), Saga, Criminal, Deadly Class, Fade Out (perfect for LA Confidential/LA Noire fans), and Velvet.

I've read and would recommend to steer clear of Zero, Wytches, Wayward, Rasputin, Roche Limit, and Black Science.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

All you can read comics for $10/month. It's the usual mid-level publishers: Dynamite, Valiant, Red 5, a bunch of others, and, of course, Zenoscope.

https://www.comicblitz.com/

It's only available on the iPad...

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

Uthor posted:

All you can read comics for $10/month. It's the usual mid-level publishers: Dynamite, Valiant, Red 5, a bunch of others, and, of course, Zenoscope.

https://www.comicblitz.com/

It's only available on the iPad...

Has there been anything further about Comixology's supposed all you can read option? It would be intersting to see if they can manage to persuade DC to get on board.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Dunbar posted:

I've never read East of West or Sex Criminals so no better time than the present to start I guess.

I can give big recommendations to Southern Bastards (especially if you're a college football fan), Saga, Criminal, Deadly Class, Fade Out (perfect for LA Confidential/LA Noire fans), and Velvet.

I've read and would recommend to steer clear of Zero, Wytches, Wayward, Rasputin, Roche Limit, and Black Science.

East of West is pretty great. It's one I hand out to people to read who express interest in comics and who seem cool enough to like good things.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Have any of you ever had the guided view in Marvel Unlimited break?

It seems to have shifted over where it crops on its horizontal axis. A bit over to the left.

Oddly, it's only with the Bendis run of New Avengers. It was fine on my phone earlier today, and it's still fine on my tablet.

I tried clearing data and cache.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dsmif posted:

Has there been anything further about Comixology's supposed all you can read option? It would be intersting to see if they can manage to persuade DC to get on board.

The supposed buzz (read: "some poo poo Rich Johnson may have made up") was they would announce it at NYCC.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Uthor posted:

Has anyone experienced this?

I turned off "prefer HD version" in the options and the comics come in fine. They're a little pixelated at full zoom, but I never read like that (full page 4 lyf). I'm still confused as to the whole thing.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

The supposed buzz (read: "some poo poo Rich Johnson may have made up") was they would announce it at NYCC.

Not comixology but has anyone tried this out?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Has anyone else been having really loving slow download speeds when downloading comics to their tablet through the Android app? It's been happening on mine for a the past little bit, taking about 20 minutes per single issue when it used to only take like 1 minute, tops. I can't seem to find too much about it online.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

An issue I downloaded a couple days ago gave me a problem, but the stuff earlier in the weeks was fine.

It's definitely not enough to establish a pattern...

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

enigmahfc posted:

Has anyone else been having really loving slow download speeds when downloading comics to their tablet through the Android app? It's been happening on mine for a the past little bit, taking about 20 minutes per single issue when it used to only take like 1 minute, tops. I can't seem to find too much about it online.

Yes. All the stuff I've downloaded recently has taken a long time to download.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Uthor posted:

It's definitely not enough to establish a pattern...

Tried a book on my phone and it was fast. Another book on my tablet and it didn't set any records, but took only about a minute or so.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I guess all I need to do is complain on the internet and the app will start to shape up. This past week, stuff was slow as hell and last night everything kept getting disconnected at 5%. This morning, everything downloaded just fine.

The internet is a confusing place...

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Uber-Sale/page/8453?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw
$1 issues or 29 issue bundle for $19.
Pretty good deal.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

JiM and Angela: Asgard's Assassin on sale today only.
https://www.comixology.com/Angela-Sale/page/8452

How are the Angela comics? Journey into Mystery is great!

Man-In-Madden
Jul 22, 2007

And when the music fades away
I know I'll be okay
Contagious rhythms in my brain
Let it play
How's Über? I like most Guillen's stuff but I am usually reluctant to pick up anything from Avatar Press.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Man-In-Madden posted:

How's Über? I like most Guillen's stuff but I am usually reluctant to pick up anything from Avatar Press.

What I read I thought was just ok and I didn't care for the art.

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

Vertigo 101 sale, possibly the best single sale I've ever seen on Comixology.

Full runs of Preacher, 100 Bullets, Transmetropolitan, Y: The Last Man, DMZ, Ex Machina, Scalped, American Vampire: Volume One, Sweet Tooth, and the first 10 trades of Hellblazer, at less than $1/issue ($5 per trade--Preacher and Ex Machina are deluxe trades so it's $30 for all of Preacher and $25 for Ex Machina). Plus Daytripper, V for Vendetta, Pride of Baghdad, Trillium, and a few others tossed in for kicks. (Looks like The Losers full run, 32 issues in two $5 volumes, is also down there--discussion and reviews of it aren't bad either.)

onefish fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Oct 13, 2015

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Welp, good time to go broke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Probably just buy the preacher and hellblaze books, any to avoid in there?

edit: I never heard of American Vampire and Scalped, how is that?