Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

last bit of this video contains a little bit of how the white haired detective gal would have looked in shaft hands rather than live action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy_Im1FAeXQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

also of course, the end image

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

I really like how the whole 'something about Ougi and the things she says happened is off' thing is going. All the little scenes with the different art styles were great and the 'how we got here' part was sufficiently unsettlingly! Sodachi seems nice enough, for a crazy person, and Ougi taking note of Nadeko's shoe locker was effective :(

This show is so engrossing, when really I couldn't pick out what I'm waiting for exactly, if that makes sense

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

I was really confused by that end card because I didn't realize we were getting even more girls. I thought Sodachi was the only new one.

E: unless that is Sodachi...

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Admoon posted:

I was really confused by that end card because I didn't realize we were getting even more girls. I thought Sodachi was the only new one.

shes from another series also by Nisio

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Admoon posted:

It's Okitegami Kyouko from a different novel series by the same author, about a supersmart detective who forgets everything whenever she falls asleep. The jdrama adaptation started today, so the endcard is a bit of an ad for that.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So the first half of Owarimonogatari is getting adapted this season (formula through mail), right?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
lmao at senjougahara going "oh woe is me i have been slain" and stealing the loving scene

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

The new OP was kind of James Bond-esque, I liked it.

Yea that was my first thought too. Pretty neat.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

The Monty Hall problem is what first made me fall in love with probability.

The Monty Hall problem pissed me off ever since I first heard it in the movie 21 because I never fully understood it. I get it now, but it took an incredibly frustrating discussion for it to happen.

Why yes, I am terrible at statistics. I'm amazed I managed a 4 on the AP test because I nearly failed the class.

Cake Attack posted:

Nadeko is good

Second Season Nadeko is pretty good. Pre-Second-Season Nadeko is bad.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

here are some avs i made from this episode

also colored because why not

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

maths are hard

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

darkgray posted:

It's Okitegami Kyouko from a different novel series by the same author, about a supersmart detective who forgets everything whenever she falls asleep. The jdrama adaptation started today, so the endcard is a bit of an ad for that.

I wonder if anyone will bother doing an English translation of the tv series. The premise sounds silly, but it's Nisio so I'd like to check it out.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

esselfortium posted:

I wonder if anyone will bother doing an English translation of the tv series. The premise sounds silly, but it's Nisio so I'd like to check it out.

Nisio is silly if nothing else. Just how far is he willing to take said silliness is what makes him interesting, if nothing else...

... fine. His dialogue writing is pretty cool.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Wark Say posted:

Nisio is silly if nothing else. Just how far is he willing to take said silliness is what makes him interesting, if nothing else...

... fine. His dialogue writing is pretty cool.
I like his wordplay

Cake Attack posted:

Nadeko is good

Nadeko might be interesting, but she is nowhere near good :colbert:

Davincie posted:

also of course, the end image

Good image, but bad because it should be Kyouko and Tsubasa

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Phobophilia posted:

lmao at senjougahara going "oh woe is me i have been slain" and stealing the loving scene

I think Ougi's the one who quite literally stole the scene.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
ougi wasnt there

ougi stealing every other scene was just to be expected

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

Nadeko is good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Postal Parcel posted:

That's a really weird way to spell Hanekawa...

(I kid, all are equal except for Nadeko who is gutter trash and the twins who rank a bit above that)

Please do not insult Karen Araragi

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Postal Parcel posted:

That's a really weird way to spell Hanekawa...

(I kid, all are equal except for Nadeko who is gutter trash and the twins who rank a bit above that)

Die!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

tsuhiki best girl

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t92m_-YzbyQ

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Every girl is best girl

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I'm gonna marry Gaen.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Admoon posted:

Every girl is best girl

Kaiki is the best girl

It's not even a competition

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

All the girls are good, imo

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Torquemadras posted:

Kaiki is the best girl

yup

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.
I knew that mirror shot with Araragi looked familiar.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://webmshare.com/rGB4D

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Looking back at Tsuki, is it just me or has Gahara-sama been mellowed out? I hope she isn't....bland now!? :gonk:

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Looking back at Tsuki, is it just me or has Gahara-sama been mellowed out? I hope she isn't....bland now!? :gonk:

that's like her whole character arc though. she is finally a normal girl.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is she at least still glorious to watch? Or witty?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I heard that her part of Owari is fantastic, but I'm assuming that chapter is before Tsuki too.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Aurain posted:

I heard that her part of Owari is fantastic, but I'm assuming that chapter is before Tsuki too.
Which part of Owari? Rendezvous?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think so, yes.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Grouchio posted:

Is she at least still glorious to watch? Or witty?

Yes, but she's also happy now

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Aurain posted:

Rendezvous takes place after Tsuki

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Aurain posted:

I think so, yes.
Can't wait then. Next year that is.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Namtab posted:

Yes, but she's also happy now

Good.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

Rendezvous takes place after Tsuki

Cool stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

However Rendezvous won't be in this cour. The current cour goes up to Shinobu Mail, so we won't see that until after the first kizu film comes out. Buuutt...

More time for glory!