Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

JosephWongKS posted:

Why was a bear even there in the first place?

To bear witness to the machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

JosephWongKS posted:

Why was a bear even there in the first place?

How else are you supposed to determine how many bears a hero is strong as without a baseline bear to compare it against?

Also Saitama should team up with the bear. The bible teaches us that bears and bald guys are natural allies.

2 Kings 2 posted:

23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!” 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys. 25 And he went on to Mount Carmel and from there returned to Samaria.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Daler Mehndi posted:

I feel like there's at least one page missing. When I vew this, it skips from Genos being defeated, to Child Emperor demonstrating his new invention in Y-City.

TheKingofSprings posted:

I think some kind of Young Jump special just dropped, it's about the Saitama Group facing off against the Blizzard Group

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
The King engine revving up gets me every time.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I was going to say it felt like there was another page missing as well, but I think I prefer them going straight from the King panel to them at the spider fight with no further explanation needed.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The instant the King Engine started roaring, it was a foregone conclusion.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I can't wait to hear what the King engine sounds like in the Anime.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Duck bandit and treadface are the top new up and comers.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

EndOfTheWorld posted:

How else are you supposed to determine how many bears a hero is strong as without a baseline bear to compare it against?

Also Saitama should team up with the bear. The bible teaches us that bears and bald guys are natural allies.

2 Kings 2 posted:
23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!” 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys. 25 And he went on to Mount Carmel and from there returned to Samaria Saitama.

Haha, this is awesome. This is clearly the best cleric spell. If God still worked like this, and I could cast Summon Bear once per day, I might get behind this religion. I guess I'd have to shave my head though or do those 100 situps...

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Pretty sure Okame-Chan broke when trying to read Saitama.

As usual, King is always there to take credit for Saitama's efforts.

I like that instead of trying to get the Blizzard group to do something humiliating, the Saitama group gets then to pay for a meal.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

Binary Badger posted:

Pretty sure Okame-Chan broke when trying to read Saitama.

As usual, King is always there to take credit for Saitama's efforts.

I like that instead of trying to get the Blizzard group to do something humiliating, the Saitama group gets then to pay for a meal.

I actually appreciated that last joke, because I know someone who does that with the menu. It takes forever for them to order. I have the same look on my face as Saitama.

Since it looks like Onepunchman is not popular enough to have any fan goods for sale in Japan, I may just buy some of the manga just to have it in Japanese.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

AgentHaiTo posted:

I actually appreciated that last joke, because I know someone who does that with the menu. It takes forever for them to order. I have the same look on my face as Saitama.

Since it looks like Onepunchman is not popular enough to have any fan goods for sale in Japan, I may just buy some of the manga just to have it in Japanese.

Well, there was this: https://bvc.bandaivisual.co.jp/feature/146/

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

OPM not having any character goods isn't a matter of it being popular, it's a matter of it not having an anime until now. They don't make character goods until there's an anime.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
When do episodes go up on Hulu?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

1 hour from this post, roughly.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

my episode 2 analysis is that it was good

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Episode 2 was very good, though I don't know if the flashback joke works that well here though it does accurately give a sense of frustration like Saitama feels.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Aurain posted:

Episode 2 was very good, though I don't know if the flashback joke works that well here though it does accurately give a sense of frustration like Saitama feels.

i think they sold it p well

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I completely forgot that Genos had a villain he was tracking down. Man, the series has never really touched on that since, has it?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Waffleman_ posted:

I completely forgot that Genos had a villain he was tracking down. Man, the series has never really touched on that since, has it?

It's toyed with the idea that it's Metal Knight.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Legs Benedict posted:

i think they sold it p well

Yeah, it was definitely different from the manga but it sold it pretty well with the frustration ramping up as the backstory went on and on and on while the music got more intense, the background elements up and left and the closeup to that green elephant.

The gorilla moment is the only thing I felt wasn't executed as well as it could've been, but beyond that this episode was pretty stellar.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Waffleman_ posted:

Genos's villain is mentioned very briefly after the initial King arc, when Genos brings some parts to the Professor for upgrades and they have a discussion on how Genos has been looking for his enemy while being an S class hero and how Genos shouldn't let his emotions overcome him if he finds his enemy.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

ChaosArgate posted:

Genos's villain is mentioned very briefly after the initial King arc, when Genos brings some parts to the Professor for upgrades and they have a discussion on how Genos has been looking for his enemy while being an S class hero and how Genos shouldn't let his emotions overcome him if he finds his enemy.

Didn't he actually ask Metal Knight's drone thing if he did it when the meteor was heading toward the city?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh hello there.

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Oct 11, 2015

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

aers posted:

I think i'm gonna watch it again.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

It always pains me to see that was the color choice design they went with for Saitama's hoodie. You can barely see the 'OPPAI' logo on top of that greyish-white fabric, what a waste :(

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Engine Knight also seems to know about the cyborg Genos is after, I think.

Did Saitama use Consecutive Normal Punch on the lion dude in the manga? Seems a bit early to be pulling out the big guns like that.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Prison Warden posted:

Did Saitama use Consecutive Normal Punch on the lion dude in the manga? Seems a bit early to be pulling out the big guns like that.

He did, both in ONE's and Murata's.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Prison Warden posted:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Prison Warden posted:

e: wow i had that tab open for a long time. :shobon:

a kitten fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Oct 11, 2015

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

aers posted:

Agreed + same. They are doing a great job keeping it exactly like the original

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I hope that one of the Blu-Rays has a Gokiburi Busters OVA.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Someone got bored in my normal farming game and made this :v:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Fair enough. I know he uses it on Boros, and I remembered it wasn't the first time then.

I mean, Saitama just totally breaks the normal "power curve" you see in manga. Things like the Sea King and Boros attack are in all probability just about as tough if not less so than Vaccineman and Asura Rhino, or even the rediculously giant dude, it's just, well, Saitama was the only one around for those.

It explains why everyone thinks King is such a baddass though. If they think King killed Vaccineman and the giant guy and they happened to be be way stronger than anything else in the series.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Episode 2 was pretty good, better then the first one. It really needed genos as the straight man.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Was that Sawashiro as the Mosquito Woman?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Tarezax posted:

Was that Sawashiro as the Mosquito Woman?

Yep!

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

The anime seems slightly worse at handling the comedy part so far but the fights are great.

Still good though since I'm apparently terrible at deciphering the fights in the manga.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

DrManiac posted:

The anime seems slightly worse at handling the comedy part so far but the fights are great.

What I feel too