Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Densha de Go episode is also great for showing interaction between Arino and the staff.

Other memorable episodes are Actraiser, Bonk's Adventure and Ghosts 'n' Goblins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Doc Hawkins posted:

Any episode where he pauses, plans his next move aloud, then runs directly into the nearest pit.

I can't find the GIF of it right now, but for me the best example is the fumble in Bonk's adventure.

KACHO NO BONUS

When recommending starting episodes, starting with episodes featuring games you know is a good idea. But I have to agree that starting with Paris-Dakar Rally works, I showed that as a first episode to my friend a little while ago and he was instantly hooked. It's just so weird and full of funny moments.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Azazell0 posted:

I can't find the GIF of it right now, but for me the best example is the fumble in Bonk's adventure.

KACHO NO BONUS

I made a webm version, gifs are for cavemen.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

This works SO much better in .webm format.

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!

WORLDS BEST BABY posted:

I'm sure this has been asked many times, but I'd like to show a friend an episode of GCCX, and was wondering which episodes you all think are the best to introduce someone to the series with — I'd really like to show how funny this show is, but have a terrible, terrible memory. What do you all suggest?
I'm more of a fan for the times where he struggles a LOT on games I can relate to, but after trying over and over again, he eventually triumphs, so... that's every game he plays. But seriously, the ones that seem more epic to me on that scale are these ones
Super Mario World (I almost started shouting "GO UNDER!" at the screen)
Mighty Bomb Jack Saga
Ninja Gaiden
Battletoads

cubeboy fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 9, 2015

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Azazell0 posted:

Yea, I remember making a GIF of this when the episode was released here.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

:confused: But Bonk is a caveman.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Finally got around to watching the RGM DVD and oh my god the entire Mighty Bomb Jack saga is there :allears:

It's seriously peak Arino.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

jyrque posted:

Finally got around to watching the RGM DVD and oh my god the entire Mighty Bomb Jack saga is there :allears:

It's seriously peak Arino.

How have you managed to miss it for so long?

But yeah, it's excellent. The highlight of the live is the awkward glasses kid who just starts playing without saying anything, uses Arino's hard-earned coins, plays horribly and dies.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't have a DVD drive on my computer and besides I really hate physical media for how cumbersome it is (compared to digital media). I only bought the DVD to support the show and stashed it until now.

Then I recently realized I have a PS4 I can use so. :v:

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

New Game Center DX episode with Hamaguchi, this time it's The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdyewQZG2UE

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Kakaricho posted:

New Game Center DX episode with Hamaguchi, this time it's The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdyewQZG2UE

They really fast forwarded from PS1 to unreleased games.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

makere posted:

They really fast forwarded from PS1 to unreleased games.

Game Center DX runs on the gag premise that Arino is a lame old guy in work clothes playing lame old games, and Hamaguchi is a cool, well-dressed young guy who plays the latest games before they're even out.

Pretty good way for Nintendo to advertise, and I imagine Gas Coin makes a pretty penny from it.

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Oct 14, 2015

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!
A quick rant about Mario Maker. As much as I love the idea, most of the levels are dreadfully boring and un-creative. Most of the expert levels are incredibly difficult, and most of the reason that they're difficult is because they have too much guess work. It's very rare to find an actual well made level at any difficulty level.

McLaglen posted:

Poking about the Mario Maker website in an attempt to find out more about the Arino costume, this turned up instead: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/amaj/arinoplay/index.html

It seems there'll be a live event on 12th December where Arino plays through more user-created levels, via a submission form that's available for the next 8 weeks: https://mariomaker-cp.nintendo.co.jp/

If you login with a Nintendo Network ID, the form asks for your nickname, region (ie. Japan-only), course ID, and a short comment for Arino.
Just submitted my levels
My levels
42E5-0000-006A-5012
9CD0-0000-0089-85FB

My 10 year old's levels
725D-0000-0088-9069
4A56-0000-0089-F78B

My 12 year old's level
DA13-0000-008A-2674

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Anyone who follows the Gascoin Company blog knows they love the hell out of elaborate birthday cakes. Ishida asked me to draw a pic to put on Kan's cake (his 51st birthday was on October 5th -- he's currently on hiatus from Twitter). They ordered it from a bakery that specializes in drawing portraits. I'm impressed by the result!

There's a photo of Arino holding it too, but I can't post unreleased pics of him without permission.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That is a goddamn amazing cake.

Kirbychwan
Mar 19, 2009

Nuclear fusion causes confusion!
Ahhhhh that's great.

It makes me happy that Kan's a good boss.

Kirbychwan fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Oct 15, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Kan's a lot less intimidating in cake form, for sure. Great work as always!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

ImpAtom posted:

That is a goddamn amazing cake.

That cake makes me hungry, but the art is so good I'd be sad to eat it!

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Abe's retweet

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

zari-gani posted:

Abe's retweet

:toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot:

I love how it's Chef Abe giving the confirmation

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
What an amazing cake!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Abe follows you on Twitter? Internet won right there. Also super amazing cake.

It's great he obviously speaks a lot better english than Arino, too (although we've seen this from the show already from the many times he corrects Arino's english speaking/grammar).

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
That's an incredible picture and cake alright!

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
I can't believe they pulled off the details to that degree for the cake---amazing work on all fronts.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

They're going to display the Saints Row 4 parody pic I drew last year at a December event. Don't know any details asides from that.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

zari-gani posted:

They're going to display the Saints Row 4 parody pic I drew last year at a December event. Don't know any details asides from that.

Awesome cake!

It's for the DVD sales event, if I recall the details correctly.
They were requesting art, etc at the end of the most recent episode.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

zari-gani posted:

the kacho is gonna play SR4 on stage in odaiba

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Phuzzy posted:

I love how it's Chef Abe giving the confirmation
Chef and resident artist!

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

"Arino, are you sure? Once we start filming, we can't go back and fix it."

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kakaricho posted:

"Arino, are you sure? Once we start filming, we can't go back and fix it."

And here he was making fun of Urakawa's perm before. :colbert:

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

I forgot to show the Genesis/Mega Drive plush that Arino bought Kibe while in Vietnam.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
In first world countries, kids are like, "oh man if my Charmander doll was real :allears:" But in Vietnam... :smith:

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The White Dragon posted:

In first world countries, kids are like, "oh man if my Charmander doll was real :allears:" But in Vietnam... :smith:

Arino made Kibe do a voice for it to intro the first Vietnam Bus Quiz segment, but he was terrible, so he had Inoue do it, and even sort of praised him for it.

Another good moment was when Arino was asked "What game has the same word twice for it's title and is recommended by Fujimoto whenever you're struggling against a game?" One of his guesses was "Duran Duran", which prompted Kan to ask him what kind of game that would be.

Apparently a shooting game where you set out to rescue the band members.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kakaricho posted:

So Revolution X, but with Duran Duran.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Custom Arino hat for Duck Game:

Download: http://www.spacecoyote.com/misc/kachohat.zip

If you haven't played Duck Game, you should.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

kirbysuperstar posted:

Sounds like an improvement.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

kirbysuperstar posted:

There were plans to make a sequel for Revolution X starring Public Enemy but the first game wasn't popular enough, so they never made it.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Kakaricho posted:

Is anybody else in here :corsair: enough to remember and/or have owned/played Journey Escape on the Atari 2600?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

zari-gani posted:

what parody pic...?