Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

the panacea posted:

As there is no way to transfer existing chars between US and EU I'm in a non goon guild with Waldorf (I think there might some others in there too).

We're still open to new members btw - I think progression raiding is going to take a hit after 4.0 though so not sure what will happen to raid events and things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCrushinator
May 19, 2008

the panacea posted:

As there is no way to transfer existing chars between US and EU I'm in a non goon guild with Waldorf (I think there might some others in there too).

Which server/faction? been so long i might as well start a new character

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

TheCrushinator posted:

Red Eclipse, Rep side (though we have an active sister guild on Imp side too)

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Casyl posted:

Wait til you get to Tatooine. Or Hoth. Or Corellia. Or Belsavis. Or Voss.

Best thing about Makeb was them finally realizing they didn't necessarily HAVE to put huge areas full of trash everywhere

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I went back and played my old scrapper scoundrel, which I haven't done since before 3.0 and wow they actually changed the class to make it not a complete pain in the rear end to play relatively well. Making me want to start another agent and run it as a concealment operative. Lord help me I don't have time for all this :negative:

I also dressed up my scoundrel to look like Omar from The Wire, and I'm really looking forward to that Nico Okarr duster coming out, because it'll be pretty perfect.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I like the 12x xp boost because I don't have to help people with their petty, stupid problems by murdering hundreds of bystanders all the time.

Using esc to walk away from conversations is nice, too.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

sassassin posted:

I like the 12x xp boost because I don't have to help people with their petty, stupid problems by murdering hundreds of bystanders all the time.

Using esc to walk away from conversations is nice, too.

I'll be covered in blood from head to toe

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Ainsley McTree posted:

I went back and played my old scrapper scoundrel, which I haven't done since before 3.0 and wow they actually changed the class to make it not a complete pain in the rear end to play relatively well. Making me want to start another agent and run it as a concealment operative. Lord help me I don't have time for all this :negative:

I also dressed up my scoundrel to look like Omar from The Wire, and I'm really looking forward to that Nico Okarr duster coming out, because it'll be pretty perfect.

Make sure you romance Theron when you get to SoR then, if you're truly gonna role play Omar.

Edit - Let's see a screenshot, too.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

It's just a recolored Troublemaker Duster if you want one now.

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

TheCrushinator posted:

If you have legacy stuff on your old server and haven't subbed, use a referral link. Comes with a free transfer so you won't have to start that all over.

Also, the paid transfers are only 90cc's for now if you want to transfer more than one char.

TheCrushinator
May 19, 2008

CeeCee posted:

If you have legacy stuff on your old server and haven't subbed, use a referral link. Comes with a free transfer so you won't have to start that all over.

Also, the paid transfers are only 90cc's for now if you want to transfer more than one char.

I think all my alliance characters are on Red Eclipse already, my Imp ones are on Tomb of Freedon Naad.

Who should I whisper to get an invite?

Skylancer
Aug 15, 2001
I'm back in as Coldex.
Man I haven't played this since launch, I forgot how much fun it was with the voice acting, stories, and blowing people up with explosive darts!

So much has changed though. I almost want to start another character, but then I think about all that time gathering datacrons....

Kuai
May 25, 2004
So is it a huge pain in the rear end to get an authenticator removed from an account if I lost the phone it was on? I had some cartel coins and a lvl 50 from back at launch on it but really don't know if it its worth it.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Skylancer posted:

I'm back in as Coldex.
Man I haven't played this since launch, I forgot how much fun it was with the voice acting, stories, and blowing people up with explosive darts!

So much has changed though. I almost want to start another character, but then I think about all that time gathering datacrons....

Datacrons are legacy wide in 4.0, so any character started on the same server as your current one will get them. We don't know if it's going to be free or not though.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

TheCrushinator posted:

I think all my alliance characters are on Red Eclipse already, my Imp ones are on Tomb of Freedon Naad.

Who should I whisper to get an invite?

My internet has been really spotty lately but I'll try to get on for a little bit now. Whisper Bona'dea if you get online soon.

E: Nope, internet not stable enough to stay online for more than 2-3 minutes at a time. Try "Cope", "Quso" and "Chedo" and if you get any of them tell them Bona'dea sent you. Otherwise I think you can do a search by guild name? It's "The Warlords"

Waldorf Sixpence fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Oct 11, 2015

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

TheCrushinator posted:

so are the eurogoons playing on the US server to?

UK here. Apart from some very occasional (like one or twice every few hours) "Did I disconnect? Oh no, just a huge spike." moments*, US is as smooth as EU servers.

*And I'm inclined to think this is my connection, but only Star Wars suffers so there might be something to it.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Kuai posted:

So is it a huge pain in the rear end to get an authenticator removed from an account if I lost the phone it was on? I had some cartel coins and a lvl 50 from back at launch on it but really don't know if it its worth it.

It was easy for me to get it removed and one placed on my new iphone. Completely automated, only issue I had was that I had to hit F5 to get it to load the page with the option to remove the authenicator for whatever reason.

If you have had an authenicator running you've been getting 100 cartel coins a month for it so it could be a lot of cartel coins.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rouncer posted:

It was easy for me to get it removed and one placed on my new iphone. Completely automated, only issue I had was that I had to hit F5 to get it to load the page with the option to remove the authenicator for whatever reason.

If you have had an authenicator running you've been getting 100 cartel coins a month for it so it could be a lot of cartel coins.

I'm curious if anyone has switched to Google Authenticator. From what I hear it's now possible, and that would be a lot easier than keeping my physical fob that is surely going to die soon.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Why can't I lie to that Imperial spy Watcher One when he tells me about the Sith assassin to distract me/buy himself time to interrogate the Doctor and escape? He explains very clearly that the information he receives will be far more valuable than the loss of a small group of colonists, and I already have the coordinates (supposedly)

It's the most obvious thing in the world to do, but no, you have to be honest, so the villains can later gloat about how well they know you.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Bioware's wonky writing where everyone is stupid and you never know what you're going to say (only that it won't be what you selected) only works if you can load a save and go back to make the best of a bad situation.

Virar
Jul 21, 2007
This space is blank.

Medullah posted:

I'm curious if anyone has switched to Google Authenticator. From what I hear it's now possible, and that would be a lot easier than keeping my physical fob that is surely going to die soon.

Im using Google authenticator on 2 different phones (old and new phone) Works great and so much easier to read than the key fob, and fhe time remaining is nice too. So many times the keyfob code expired between entry and clicking play

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

You can esc to get out of the cutscene.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Virar posted:

Im using Google authenticator on 2 different phones (old and new phone) Works great and so much easier to read than the key fob, and fhe time remaining is nice too. So many times the keyfob code expired between entry and clicking play

Can you remove a current authenticator via the website, anyone know? I hate calling support.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Medullah posted:

Can you remove a current authenticator via the website, anyone know? I hate calling support.

Yes, if you have the email the account was setup on still.

Login on the website without putting in a security key and the next page has a Lost link you can click.

Edit: oh, you're not the guy who lost it. Yeah, you can.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

It's just a recolored Troublemaker Duster if you want one now.

Quoting this so I look it up later

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

StashAugustine posted:

You can esc to get out of the cutscene.

Doesn't work if the cutscene is over and you discover that the decision you made on the phone to the guy trying to outwit you was actually final.

Or is there a way to reset a quest that is already pending rewards? Annoyed me a couple of times now.

edit: All the colonists were men, too. This is not how maximum flirt Jedi rolls.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Yes, if you have the email the account was setup on still.

Login on the website without putting in a security key and the next page has a Lost link you can click.

Edit: oh, you're not the guy who lost it. Yeah, you can.

Just did this and it was super easy. Google Authentication added with no issue. So long, fob that I lose when drinking all the time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They've actually had their own digital one for years.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Yeah, if you have an android phone you can just download it from your app store. Its what I use and its really easy.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Berke Negri posted:

Yeah, if you have an android phone you can just download it from your app store. Its what I use and its really easy.

Or an iPhone

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Berke Negri posted:

Yeah I knew about the app, but I use google authenticator for everything else and it's nice to have an "all in one" solution.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
The changes to companions mentioned in the OP (gear not mattering, being able to fill all three rows, etc.) aren't going live until the expansion drops, right? Or have they already happened?

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Rincewind posted:

The changes to companions mentioned in the OP (gear not mattering, being able to fill all three rows, etc.) aren't going live until the expansion drops, right? Or have they already happened?
They're being introduced along with the expansion, yes.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rincewind posted:

Right, they'll go live on 10/27. I jumped the gun on the OP a bit so I could refine it through the month.

Fiaxx
Nov 8, 2003

Wednesday is my rag day.
What do I do with all these basic commendations? I thought I would need to them gear up myself and my companions when I got to 55, but now I'm on Makeb and I'm guessing I'm going to get what I need just from the quests there. (I still have to wait for the SOR expansion to get to 60.) Is there any reason to save them for the KOTFE, or is there a way I can make credits off them? Between all my companions I probably have 3.5 to 4 million credits, which I guess is not a lot.

I'm also not sure what to do with my cartel coins. I have enough to buy one hyper crate, but there's a part of me that would rather spend it on getting furniture for my stronghold and that twin brother's black robes when they come out. (I see them in the collections tab but I don't see it on the cartel market yet.) I don't know if it's better to buy a hypercrate and sell the pieces from it to get credits to buy furniture, or what the best route to go is. Any suggestions?

Also, if anyone is looking for a referral link, here is mine: http://www.swtor.com/r/GrTgkw
It would be much appreciated to get the speeder at the very least.

And the NYC cantina code for anyone who missed it:http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/1eypxx

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

If there's not something you definitely want from the cartel market, save your coins.

As far as basics go, don't spend them unless you're maxed out. They'll convert to the new commendation tokens when KOTFE launches, for better gear.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

sassassin posted:

Doesn't work if the cutscene is over and you discover that the decision you made on the phone to the guy trying to outwit you was actually final.

Or is there a way to reset a quest that is already pending rewards? Annoyed me a couple of times now.

edit: All the colonists were men, too. This is not how maximum flirt Jedi rolls.

If you open your quest log there is a reset quest button. It will start you over from the beginning but it lets you reset those 'final' choices.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Medullah posted:

Right, they'll go live on 10/27. I jumped the gun on the OP a bit so I could refine it through the month.

I think 4.0 changes like companion equipment and mastery are going in with 4.0 on 10/20, when early access players get in. It would be real, real weird otherwise.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Eimi posted:

If you open your quest log there is a reset quest button. It will start you over from the beginning but it lets you reset those 'final' choices.

poo poo. Thanks. Too late now. Everyone's dead I make a great jedi.

Am I supposed to be upgrading the lightsaber I made on the first planet as I go, or just using whatever poverty sabers drop in my lap while questing?

Should I be taking green quest reward gear or commendations when I get a choice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Defiance Industries posted:

I think 4.0 changes like companion equipment and mastery are going in with 4.0 on 10/20, when early access players get in. It would be real, real weird otherwise.

D'oh that's what I meant.

• Locked thread