Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Doing 5x10 after my main lift for 5/3/1 makes me want to die. Gonna be a swole rear end skellington.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I SUCK

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
2x4's are cheap and plentiful, you're just going to gently caress up your wallet's core with special thicknesses

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Neurolimal posted:

2x4's are cheap and plentiful, you're just going to gently caress up your wallet's core with special thicknesses

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
There's a curl crew hanging out at the gym these days. They walk around doing various curls on machines that aren't meant for curling.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I have recovered from my accident and now my squat is back to its pathetic 1x body weight glory.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

notZaar posted:

I have recovered from my accident and now my squat is back to its pathetic 1x body weight glory.
Good

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I wanna see a 600 pound guy do body weight squats

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

notZaar posted:

I didn't even have a bad accident and that's where my squat is. It's also where my bench is, go gently caress yourself leg day

Seriously though I'm trying to stop skipping leg day

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I don't know why there is only one leg day

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
there's this guy in my gym who wears tights and he's got incredible legs and rear end, the guy looks like a comic book hero

no homo

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
well a little homo maybe

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Um

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

When I come to the gym in the morning after work there's always this girl here who wears super tight tights and she has an incredible rear end. Sounds much better than your gym tbh

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i dont get it, youd rather have girls than men? Thats so gay

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Yeah man, guys might actually talk to me at the gym where as girls won't and I don't want any awkward human interaction

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

I'm on that new diet maybe you guys have heard of it, it's called eat undercooked chicken for dinner then poo poo your brains out at the gym the next morning. You guys tried this yet it is awesome.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I have DOMS in the soles of my feet :wtc: that's a new one for me

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all
Foot DOMS is usually from doing calf raises wrong

monny
Oct 20, 2008

Or running, gently caress running

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I don't know if I have ab DOMS or I just ate something bad

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

monny posted:

Or running, gently caress running

sprints are cool

also could be plantar fasciitis which can feel like foot doms, I had it one time from a bad pair of shoes

monny
Oct 20, 2008

Sprints are okay, I meant yogging

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

FogHelmut posted:

stump collector
May 28, 2007

lmao

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Been doing my current program since the start of the year and am looking to change it up but god drat looking for a decent hypertrophy program is such a pain. All the loving buzzwords and wankers claiming to have the special sauce to ultimate gains is doing my head in. It's like watching the ads on midday television.

Why is there no equivalent of SS for hypertrophy? Just some solid poo poo that everyone knows works and has done so for ages.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Just make something up, that's all anyone making a weight lifting program ever does anyway, and remember the Lord's numbers are 3x8

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

krampster2 posted:

Why is there no equivalent of SS for hypertrophy? Just some solid poo poo that everyone knows works and has done so for ages.

steroids

monny
Oct 20, 2008

krampster2 posted:

Been doing my current program since the start of the year and am looking to change it up but god drat looking for a decent hypertrophy program is such a pain. All the loving buzzwords and wankers claiming to have the special sauce to ultimate gains is doing my head in. It's like watching the ads on midday television.

Just do cavefish

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

monny posted:

Just do cavefish

Doesn't that hit everything 1x per week though? 2x is the way to go I say

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I ran a 5k today and i am slow. After I finished I looked over at the track and the winner was doing laps. What a fucker. bet he can't even bench 200. He definitely smoked everyone in the race though

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Cavefish is easy and fun to do, go 4 holetrout

well, fun besides the rear lat raises and cable pushdowns, prolly just me tho

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Starting tomorrow I'm going to begin with the PHUL (power hypertrophy upper lower) routine. Two days of high resistance low repetitions and two days of higher reps for repetition. Supposed to be good for size and strength, We will see.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Make sure to check back in in 6 months so we can see how it went.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

notZaar posted:

Make sure to check back in in 6 months so we can see how it went.

You mean it won't have instantaneous results like in the commercials? :(

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Ran a 5k this weekend while :siren:my girlfriend:siren: ran a half marathon with a group of her college friends and spouses. Her knee is killing her and one of the spouses wrecked his knee badly enough to land on crutches with an MRI on Monday. Those of us who could still walk went dancing Saturday night, good times were had, cardio clearly killing gains here people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

FogHelmut posted:

legs are so stubborn on growth anyway makes sense to do them more often. I prefer to warm up with some deadlifts before I do anything else. feels good to get your bp and pump going before you do other lifts.

• Locked thread