Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

I'm playing the old commandos game and I forgot how much fun I had with it as a kid. hiding bodies everywhere. :3: too bad the newer 3D ones are terrible :mad:

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piso Mojado

can someone recommend me a turn based strategy game? I have played most of the big titles (tactics, civ, advanced wars, fire emblem) but hoping I missed some out there.

looking for something on the wiiu, pc, or 3DS.

fuck. marry. t-rex

Ogre battle

tao of lmao

It's not really turn based, but I love this series.

3D Megadoodoo

Steel Panthers

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

Piso Mojado posted:

can someone recommend me a turn based strategy game? I have played most of the big titles (tactics, civ, advanced wars, fire emblem) but hoping I missed some out there.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/251130/

i havent played it but i hear its good

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

oh valkyria chronicles is on steam now too

Piso Mojado

i always wanted to play this series but I thought the newer titles were only out on the Playstation handheld?

tao of lmao

the older titles hold up if you want to check them out

Piso Mojado

tao of lmao posted:

the older titles hold up if you want to check them out

definitely. I'll see what my options are for emulation. thanks!

cute anime girl

Space Station 13

bawk

Piso Mojado posted:

FFT, FFTA, FFTA2

Piso Mojado

death .cab for qt posted:

FFT, FFTA, FFTA2

yeah I've played all of these and they have been some of my favorite games ever. haven't played the first since it came out in high school though and I still have the discs so I might try to buy a cheap Playstation 1 online, lol.

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
It's not files if you have a legal copy piso.

----------------

bawk

play the fft 1.3 mod without the difficulty increase, it owns

Pro Target

Heroes of Might And Magic 3

Pro Target

Jagged Alliance 2

fuck. marry. t-rex

Piso Mojado posted:

definitely. I'll see what my options are for emulation. thanks!

Emulate the one for the snes... or the one for n64 [different play style, War of the Lotus], or yeah the re ake for the vita [let us cling together]

Hello Meow

Pro Target posted:

Jagged Alliance 2

i need to play this more

Hello Meow
Oh also should I get chroma squad?
I love stupid sentai bullshit and I love SRPGs

3D Megadoodoo

ELIOT YOU EEEDIOT

Jagged Alliance (2) is so cheesy but also so good.

bawk

Hello Meow posted:

those are the two requirements for making it your game of the month, yes

Piso Mojado

I'm probably gonna check out every title recommended here at some point so thanks for the input. really appreciate it.

Piso Mojado

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Emulate the one for the snes... or the one for n64 [different play style, War of the Lotus], or yeah the re ake for the vita [let us cling together]

oh drat, I have a working snes already hooked up. maybe I can get a OB cartridge online, that would be rad.

joke_explainer

I played this with friends last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BhHkvHcUfo

It's a lot of fun. I think if you played it too much it'd be too easy, but the process of learning how to quickly communicate the bomb state to the expert and back is inherently entertaining and tense. Last night I had a set of wires on a module, and I'm like, 'Okay, we got black, black, red, yellow, white.' and this guy is like 'Hmm... It should be the red wire' and *click* *strike* *module goes red* 'NO IT WASN'T' and he's like 'AH poo poo WHAT SERIAL NUMBER IS THE BOMB?? WHAT'S THE LAST DIGIT??' '1!!' 'OH GOD NO CUT THE YELLOW WIRE!' *click* *green* 'Okay, that module's done...'

Scaly Haylie

Hello Meow posted:

chroma squad is worth ten bucks, though i wish it was a bit deeper

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
Re srpgs XCOM EW XCOM EW XCOM EW XCOM EW

Scaly Haylie

Pomp posted:

Re srpgs XCOM EW XCOM EW XCOM EW XCOM EW

why are you so disgusted by xcom?

Piso Mojado

I liked all the xcom games, but the game play got pretty monotonous quick

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy

Piso Mojado posted:

I liked all the xcom games, but the game play got pretty monotonous quick

even apocalypse?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

cute anime girl

julio made me a better xcom player

3D Megadoodoo

X-Com Apocalypse is the only X-Com game I've beaten :negative:

Piso Mojado

Jerry Cotton posted:

X-Com Apocalypse is the only X-Com game I've beaten :negative:

it's the only one I've never played

3D Megadoodoo

Piso Mojado posted:

it's the only one I've never played

It's the best and prettiest one :can:

dogdisaster

by Lowtax
Apocalypse was fun but easy to be cheap on. You could kill enemies by decimating the buildings from a safe distance-was hilarious in action though.

----------------

3D Megadoodoo

dogdisaster posted:

Apocalypse was fun but easy to be cheap on. You could kill enemies by decimating the buildings from a safe distance-was hilarious in action though.

I find that a valid strategy and it's why I liked it so much.

dogdisaster

by Lowtax
the new XCOM should've had it, although you can still use grenades to make new doorways

----------------

joke_explainer

cute anime girl posted:

Space Station 13

SS13 is an amazing game. There's nothing quite like it. I wonder if it would be fun to do a BYOB whitelisted SS13 server or something, but I doubt we could get enough players to make it fun.

bog pixie

Piso Mojado posted:

Divinity: Original Sin if you want ridiculous battles that can turn bad on a whim (also multiplayer), or the Banner Saga if you want a good story

if you want more games like civ, Endless Legend is basically civ but in a fantasy world with much weirder rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

dogdisaster posted:

the new XCOM should've had it, although you can still use grenades to make new doorways

Someone make a mod.

----------------