Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

vegeta finally got to cradle goku in his arms :3:

this episode had some really fantastic fights, and i'm p glad they redid battle of gods now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

StrifeHira posted:

Super 17 (18 absorbed). :wtc:

First, Hercule goes Super Sayian, now Super Android 17 too?

It's like a super sayian bargain sale this week!

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Heroes is so crazy that I could actually see them doing a Vegito + Gogeta fusion at this point. I'm not sure if they know how any of these things were actually supposed to work but I don't care, keep the crazy coming.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Momomo posted:

Heroes is so crazy that I could actually see them doing a Vegito + Gogeta fusion at this point. I'm not sure if they know how any of these things were actually supposed to work but I don't care, keep the crazy coming.

And then when Gogeta's fusion time runs out he defused into the twin potarra fusions Gokugoku and Vegetavegeta

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I will never like the way SSJ4 looks (or SSJ3 for that matter, I really don't like the bizarre squished face thing). SSJ2 is probably the best looking and I also liked what they did with Ultimate Gohan going back to regular hair (though unfortunately we will probably never see that form again).

Regarding Gohan, I'm cool with him being surpassed by Goku/Vegeta; the guy doesn't want to train all the time, after all. The only thing that bugs me is when they flat out pretend that his previous power-ups didn't exist.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Thing is, from the dimension hopping, we all know the way to make Gohan cool and effective. So what they need to do in Super is get him back to Mystic level, then chop one of his arms off. Badabing, relevant Gohan.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Future Gohan was cool, but effective he wasn't. He lied to Trunks and then went and got killed for nothing.

He was even more arrogant than regular Gohan!

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Maybe Heroes will actually feature a Goku-Gohan fusion

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Farecoal posted:

Maybe Heroes will actually feature a Goku-Gohan fusion

Isn't that a bit groady?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Covok posted:

Isn't that a bit groady?

Fusion isn't sexual you sadbrain

Covok
May 27, 2013

Namtab posted:

Never said it was.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Namtab posted:

It's not sexual itself but Chi Chi being his wife-mother would still pretty weird

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I'm hoping that Mr Hercule "Mark" "Super" Satan is staring in a movie about how he defeated Beerus and that's what those clips are from.

What a good show.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Enourmo posted:

Fusion owns and I hope we get an episode with Gogeta and Gotenks double-father-sonning it up.

Then the moms can fuse into Chilma (chill ma get it ahhaha) for the ultimate metafamily slice of life episode.

e: gohan can fuse with, i dunno, tarbles or w/e his name is

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Covok posted:

Isn't that a bit groady?

It was about to happen in the Buu saga before Buu absorbed Gohan

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

showing up in a fake sequence means that every single video game will be sure to add Super Hercule as a special unlockable thing though and that will own

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I don't know why that wasn't already a thing.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
SS4 Gohan is rad as gently caress. When can I pay Heroes?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Enourmo posted:

e: gohan can fuse with, i dunno, tarbles or w/e his name is

tarble is really short fusion dance would be impossible. he should fuse with future trunks double the badass double the failure.

Future trunks is the only person to train for a year and come out worse off than he went in.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Vegeta was pretty useless too

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Elfgames posted:

tarble is really short fusion dance would be impossible. he should fuse with future trunks double the badass double the failure.

Future trunks is the only person to train for a year and come out worse off than he went in.

How did he come out worse off? I thought he came out with that enhanced super saiyan form or whatever.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Ytlaya posted:

How did he come out worse off? I thought he came out with that enhanced super saiyan form or whatever.

He focused all his training on strength and it made him too slow and unwieldy to actually fight, meaning he was only useful if the enemy was nice enough to stand perfectly still and take a punch to the face without fighting back.

At first Trunks was really proud of it. Then it's revealed Goku and Vegeta figured out how to do it too but weren't so dumb as to actually think it would be useful in battle.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

He didn't really come out worse, he just thought it would work against Cell. The point at which he busts out Broly Form is the point at which Vegeta couldn't do poo poo either.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Aurora posted:

He didn't really come out worse, he just thought it would work against Cell. The point at which he busts out Broly Form is the point at which Vegeta couldn't do poo poo either.

Yeah, the thing about Trunks' super buff form is that it ups his strength to a ridiculous level (pretty close to Super Saiyan 2 levels of raw strength is Cell is to be believed) but it bleeds energy like crazy and is actually an overall speed decrease from the Super Vegeta buff form that smacks cell's second form around like a rag doll.

Trunks is still significantly stronger when he comes out of the hypersonic lion tamer than he was going in. He's got the same upgraded form as Vegeta which can clown semi perfect cell and would have easily been enough for the androids, its just that he also developed a kicking rad super strength version that is also slow as balls.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Namtab posted:

:allears: Good to see that is where your brain goes to first.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I will never like the way SSJ4 looks (or SSJ3 for that matter, I really don't like the bizarre squished face thing). SSJ2 is probably the best looking and I also liked what they did with Ultimate Gohan going back to regular hair (though unfortunately we will probably never see that form again).

Regarding Gohan, I'm cool with him being surpassed by Goku/Vegeta; the guy doesn't want to train all the time, after all. The only thing that bugs me is when they flat out pretend that his previous power-ups didn't exist.

Really? I always liked SSJ4. It's probably the only good thing from GT. I just like the theme of getting closer to the inner ape. I think I prefer it to 3 at least. I like 2 in it's simplicity as well.

Whether on purpose or not, I always rather liked how the human saiyan (at least Gohan) hybrids have the potential for being the strongest, but just lack the drive the saiyans have to cash in on it.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Mordaedil posted:

I mean it's the only reason it would be grody

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Aurora posted:

I mean it's the only reason it would be grody

Fusion of two bodies and it being father and son is kinda groady without being sexual, from a certain perspective.

Whatever, not worth discussing further.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I wonder if a fusion'd character had children with a fusion'd character if the baby would be a fusion character too.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Where's that guy who's making the tabletop game?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

One thing that bugged me some about the Cell Saga is how Goku was only slightly weaker than Cell after choosing not to train anymore after the initial less than a day in the time chamber. If he had decided to train more, even if he didn't reach SSJ2 he still probably could have made enough of a difference to defeat Cell (he had more than a year left in the time chamber). Actually, why didn't Vegeta/Trunks achieve the "full power super saiyan" thing prior to the Cell Games? They figured out what Goku/Gohan did after they came out of the chamber and then supposedly went back in themselves to train, so I'm surprised they didn't also train in the same way. It was also kind of strange that Gohan, who should have been at least as strong as Goku in his SSJ1 form, was getting owned by Cell (whereas Goku could fight evenly with him until getting worn out). Then again, DBZ has never really cared much about consistency.

Regarding Gohan getting owned, I like the scene where Piccolo is like "your son doesn't enjoy fighting like you and is scared right now" and then Goku has this look of utter terror at the huge mistake he has made. I like how they made it clear that what Goku did was really stupid and wrong, and how (at least) one of the Z fighters would have died before Gohan went SSJ2 if not for Satan throwing Android 16's head.

Darth TNT posted:

Really? I always liked SSJ4. It's probably the only good thing from GT. I just like the theme of getting closer to the inner ape. I think I prefer it to 3 at least. I like 2 in it's simplicity as well.

I understand the concept behind the appearance of SSJ4, I just think it looks really goofy for them to become all covered in fur and get a thick mane of hair. Dragonball has always seemed light-hearted first and foremost, but the SSJ4 form (and SSJ3 also for that matter) gives this "omg this guy is so fuckin hardcore (linkin park playing in the background)" vibe.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

One thing that bugged me some about the Cell Saga is how Goku was only slightly weaker than Cell after choosing not to train anymore after the initial less than a day in the time chamber. If he had decided to train more, even if he didn't reach SSJ2 he still probably could have made enough of a difference to defeat Cell (he had more than a year left in the time chamber).
Its the way of DBZ, he has to know of a new level to reach it.

quote:

Actually, why didn't Vegeta/Trunks achieve the "full power super saiyan" thing prior to the Cell Games? They figured out what Goku/Gohan did after they came out of the chamber and then supposedly went back in themselves to train, so I'm surprised they didn't also train in the same way.
Vegeta is bullheaded and Trunks will follow his lead.

quote:

It was also kind of strange that Gohan, who should have been at least as strong as Goku in his SSJ1 form, was getting owned by Cell (whereas Goku could fight evenly with him until getting worn out). Then again, DBZ has never really cared much about consistency.
Gohan is stronger than Goku at that point. He just refuses to fight cus ??? Even though he did nothing but think of killing Cell for a year with his Dad.

quote:

Regarding Gohan getting owned, I like the scene where Piccolo is like "your son doesn't enjoy fighting like you and is scared right now" and then Goku has this look of utter terror at the huge mistake he has made. I like how they made it clear that what Goku did was really stupid and wrong, and how (at least) one of the Z fighters would have died before Gohan went SSJ2 if not for Satan throwing Android 16's head.
That's a bad scene because literally the previous chapters/episodes was just Gohan pushing himself to no longer be a burden and actually beat the evil bad guy. He wanted to fight then suddenly during that week of downtime he's like nah sorry I'm pacifist now.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Kild posted:

That's a bad scene because literally the previous chapters/episodes was just Gohan pushing himself to no longer be a burden and actually beat the evil bad guy. He wanted to fight then suddenly during that week of downtime he's like nah sorry I'm pacifist now.

He's not 'pacifist'. He's terrified of losing it and going crazy. Which he did when he unleashed, preferring to make Cell suffer rather than finishing the fight. And it cost him his dad, permanently. AND powered Cell up even further.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Oct 12, 2015

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

*looks at this post through my scouter* AIDS

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I loved that scene as well.

Ytlaya posted:

I understand the concept behind the appearance of SSJ4, I just think it looks really goofy for them to become all covered in fur and get a thick mane of hair. Dragonball has always seemed light-hearted first and foremost, but the SSJ4 form (and SSJ3 also for that matter) gives this "omg this guy is so fuckin hardcore (linkin park playing in the background)" vibe.

I can agree on this, especially with the magical suddenly appearing leather pants that every SSJ4 gets.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I hope Super Satan 4 gets Hard Gay styled leather hotpants.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Ytlaya posted:

One thing that bugged me some about the Cell Saga is how Goku was only slightly weaker than Cell after choosing not to train anymore after the initial less than a day in the time chamber. If he had decided to train more, even if he didn't reach SSJ2 he still probably could have made enough of a difference to defeat Cell (he had more than a year left in the time chamber). Actually, why didn't Vegeta/Trunks achieve the "full power super saiyan" thing prior to the Cell Games? They figured out what Goku/Gohan did after they came out of the chamber and then supposedly went back in themselves to train, so I'm surprised they didn't also train in the same way. It was also kind of strange that Gohan, who should have been at least as strong as Goku in his SSJ1 form, was getting owned by Cell (whereas Goku could fight evenly with him until getting worn out). Then again, DBZ has never really cared much about consistency.

A couple of reasons. Basically the Hyperbolic Time chamber is like being tortured for a year, Goku and Gohan come out when Goku feels they're sufficiently strong and staying in might hurt them more than it helps by exhausting them. When Vegeta goes in the second time he gains almost nothing because his body is already completely exhausted from the first time. Revival of F sortof calls back to this when Whis says that the biggest thing that holds Vegeta back from being as strong as Goku is that he's unwilling to take rest when he needs it so he always gets less out of training. It's like if you tried to revise for an exam for an entire week without sleeping. You'd do great maybe the first and second day, but by the third the guy who's been getting his regular 8 hours is just going to absorb more when he does work.

In terms of following Goku's path on full power Super Saiyan. Vegeta knows he could do this if he wanted to, but he's not looking to be equal to Goku, he's trying to find a way to become a Super Saiyan 2 and doesn't think Goku's path to it will work. So he doesn't do it and comes out the chamber basically the same because he picks the wrong path.

Incidentally I love what Multiverse does with the Trunks powerup. Trunks figures out how to transform into Ultra form instantly so he attacks people as a normal Super Saiyan and switches forms as soon as he knows he's about to hit.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's very much grounded in reality, which is kind of rare for Dragon Ball. It's among the main reasons as to why athletes take steroids, which often improve your recovery times which allows you to train harder and more often*.

If Goku/Vegeta were on the juice, they could stay in there for much longer.

I bet Vegeta would definitely get on the PEDs if they existed in the DBZ-verse.

*This is still greatly generalising and different roids do different things, naturally.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Mogomra posted:

SS4 Gohan is rad as gently caress. When can I pay Heroes?

I may have mentioned this, but I have a good friend stationed in Japan who sent me a huge DBZ care package a few weeks ago, including a ton of Heroes cards. They're pretty rad. I think I broke some poor kid's heart by getting a SSJ3 Kid Goku and some other nifty stuff. It looks like they sell them in very specific singles, plus grab-bag packs, since he sent me 3 different versions of Krillin in single packs since he knows Krillin is the loving man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I wish we had arcades.

• Locked thread