Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
drat. It would have been hilarious if Cincinnati and Seattle had ended up tying, and Cincy went undefeated the rest of the way to the Superbowl. Man oh man would the sports commentariat have a field day with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Mariota is still pretty good meanwhile my team's wagon is hitched to Ryan Mallett and Brian Hoyer so chin up

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Our defense is now blowing 17 point leads

I'm glad the Seahawks have returned to form as a bunch of chokers like the other Seattle teams

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This Bengals playoff appearance and immediate loss is going to hurt the most

:getin:

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

seiferguy posted:

It's hard to blame the defense when they're on the field all the time in the 4th cause the offense can't burn time and gets costly penalties. I hope this is what finally gets Cable fired. Hah who am I kidding he's gonna be around forever.

No, a good amount of the blame has to go to the defense. This isn't the first time the Seahawks have had a lead that evaporated in the fourth quarter this year. Yeah, the offense should have been able to pick up some firsts especially after how effective they looked in the third, but when a team gives up a 17 point lead, it's the defense's fault most of the time.

E: All three Seahawk losses, the team has had a lead in the fourth quarter. At some point, you have to stop blaming the offense and look at the defense as a problem closing games out too.

Pungry fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Oct 11, 2015

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Jota posted:

The Saints are terrible.

Good thing we beat the Cowboys else we'd be serious 0-16 contenders.

It's a mystery why Rob Ryan has a job.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bip Roberts posted:

Is that poop like 42 years old?

It is currently 52 and the defensive coordinator.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
if the bills can get a consistent performance out of their offense, they're capable of beating anyone in the league

before the season, i figured 5-2 going into the bye was necessary if buffalo was serious about making the postseason. they should beat jacksonville, but the game against cinci next week is huge now fuuuuuuccckkkkk

oh well, at least i like both teams

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

What a drat game

Any other Bengals team from the past rolls down and dies at 24-7. This game last year that would have turned into like 41-10. Great god drat effort

yah. loved the fight in your team

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I made the trip to Tampa.

Raymond James stadium is a garbage dump and Bucs fans are giant assholes and bad winners.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Well at least the Cougs won :(

I was expecting a loss but blowing that lead ugh gently caress this team is frustrating

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Intruder posted:

Mariota is still pretty good meanwhile my team's wagon is hitched to Ryan Mallett and Brian Hoyer so chin up

The Titans will not win 4 games as along as whisenhunt has playcalling and personal duties. What I'm trying to say is fire whisenhunt

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Football is still cool and good y'all

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Packers have a defense now that's pretty neat.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Lol Seahawks

24-7 at the half and you lose

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
1-4. Woof. At least Blake and the WRs form a good young core to build off of. I can see taking a MLB come draft time though, run defense is sorry as poo poo.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

That game was sloppy as poo poo and Matt Ryan wasn't so hot... but the Falcons did what it took to won and the defense keeps coming up big when they need to. 5-0!!!

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Game went as expected, ending in a Seahawks loss.

It's the same old poo poo. Offense can't get a first down. Bevell knows gently caress all and can't get Jimmy Graham in a game. Russell Wilson continues to survive on his bullshit alone. Death to Tom Cable and Darrell Bevell.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Febreeze posted:

Lol Seahawks

It was 10-7 at the half.

24-7 was the 4th quarter

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Intruder posted:

At least next year has some great quarterb-

Oh.

I legit feel sorry for you guys. :(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Metapod posted:

The Titans will not win 4 games as along as whisenhunt has playcalling and personal duties. What I'm trying to say is fire whisenhunt

Well they've already won one and they have two games each against the Jags and Texans remaining

loving Mariota, why did he have to stay in college one extra year

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I hate the fact that I can instantly tell the moment in a game when a team will collapse. As soon as it got to 24-14 i immediately though "oh cool how are we going to blow it this time" which was a mentality i thought disappeared back in 2012

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

today football made me sad. i don't like it.

if only we had injured andy dalton

:smith:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Febreeze posted:

Lol Seahawks

Reminds me of the crazy 44-41 win the Ravens had over them in 2003. We were down 17 till the very end and won. We cheated kind of too and got an extra timeout but that was the refs that hosed that up in the end.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So on that Washington pick six.

That receiver sure as heck wasn't running an out route where the pass was going:

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CRECPb3UkAAT_Th.mp4

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

AggressivelyStupid posted:

It was 10-7 at the half.

24-7 was the 4th quarter

poo poo, you're right

Seahawks are frauds

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

a real jerk posted:

today football made me sad. i don't like it.

if only we had injured andy dalton

:smith:

please leave

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
On the bright side, lol Rams

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

yep :rip:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5m5 minutes ago
Chiefs HC Andy Reid said the preliminary reports are that Jamaal Charles tore his ACL.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Manoueverable posted:

I hate the fact that I can instantly tell the moment in a game when a team will collapse. As soon as it got to 24-14 i immediately though "oh cool how are we going to blow it this time" which was a mentality i thought disappeared back in 2012
That mentality will never go away for me. I had those thoughts throughout Super Bowl 48/49/etc and will continue to do so until I die.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Intruder posted:

Well they've already won one and they have two games each against the Jags and Texans remaining

We always split with the jags and watt is going to do what mario did today x100

Verisimillipede
Jul 17, 2006

Seahawk's defense has been their offense and there's only so much you can ask of your defense when your offensive line can't protect your QB for longer then 3 seconds. The only positive thing from this game is that Rawls looks to be a good RB when Lynch finally decides to hang it up.

tl;dr fire Bevell, get an O-line

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Manoueverable posted:

Samies

Execute Cable and Bevell.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

seiferguy posted:

It's hard to blame the defense when they're on the field all the time in the 4th cause the offense can't burn time and gets costly penalties. I hope this is what finally gets Cable fired. Hah who am I kidding he's gonna be around forever.

We've been saying this poo poo for the past 2 years

Benne posted:

Kill Darrell Bevell and Tom Cable and hang their heads on a pike outside CenturyLink

effectual posted:

This looks like an 8-8 team if they don't get it together, giving up over 30 points doesn't get you many wins, and yes we scored 30 too but half of that was from lucky fumbles. Can't expect that every week.

Still holding true...

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

you don't agree? i just want my team to be successful and i'm very sure we'd have won if we did that

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Lmao if you thought the Chiefs could be successful

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Intruder posted:

You and every Oregon fan is wishing that.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Saints are the worst team in the NFL.

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
During the third quarter I looked into the dark abyss that is my Bungled Soul and begin to have those dark thoughts.

Should I turn this game off?

Is my team a fraud like so many want to believe?

And then, the Bengals, you magnificent bastards, you did it. I have never seen a Bengals team fight back like that. I am in love with this team. I want to gently caress this team. Hail Satan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Eagles starting to pull it together today. It's like I said guys, once you hit rock bottom you have nowhere to go but up! :shepface:

• Locked thread