Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014

Acebuckeye13 posted:

If the Lions went 2-14 but we swept the Packers I'd consider it the most successful season in years.

If calvin johnson died scoring the winning td at green bay i would feel proud knowing his soul would be carried off to Valhalla.

Although, that might mean he'd be playing for the Vikings next season...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

commieB posted:

If calvin johnson died scoring the winning td at green bay i would feel proud knowing his soul would be carried off to Valhalla.

Although, that might mean he'd be playing for the Vikings next season...

Dont you give Slick Rick any ideas now

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Good Evening, Detroit. :smugbird:

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015
Are there actual Lions fans here or just Bears and Packers fans who like to rub the Curse of Bobby Layne in our faces?

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This thread gets to last at least one more week :woop:

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014
Guys

The lions might be a bad team

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015
They just might be...0-16 is always a distinct possibility. Next week hosting Chicago and week 16 hosting SF look their best chances of winning...even hosting the Raiders looks iffy at this point.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Chris James 2 posted:

This thread gets to last at least one more week :woop:

The Lions will always be 0-16 in our hearts.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
When the lions beat the Bears next week might as well just rename this to the Race for the Number one pick thread.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A bright side has been reached: Dan Orlovsky throwing passes

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Dan Orlovsky is going to beat the Bears and I'm gonna be pissed.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

If the Lions manage to go 0-16 a second time in less than 10 years, Goodell should make one of those wildly overreaching moves he does from time to time and contract them from the NFL entirely.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Neodoomium posted:

If the Lions manage to go 0-16 a second time in less than 10 years, Goodell should make one of those wildly overreaching moves he does from time to time and contract them from the NFL entirely.

Or at least be forced to trade or release Calvin Johnson. Grant him mercy.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Jim Caldwell just went for 3 down 28 with 10 minutes left. Made it, still a 4 score game. Thats NFL coaching for 0-16.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Chris James 2 posted:

Or at least be forced to trade or release Calvin Johnson. Grant him mercy.

Yes, it is not enough to just force them to become the London Lions or whatever. Calvin is now Barry Sanders. FREE HIM. FREE HIM, ROGER.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Calvin's two QBs for the majority of his adult life: Matt Stafford and Reggie Ball.

Think about what he's done and how he's regarded and what he'd be like with even above-average QB play.

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015
If the Lions are going to suck, I at least want them to impressively suck. Set every bad record.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

This is a broken shell of a team.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Neodoomium posted:

Yes, it is not enough to just force them to become the London Lions or whatever. Calvin is now Barry Sanders. FREE HIM. FREE HIM, ROGER.

Rodgers 2 Megatron.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

It'sThe Wild Card Weekend Loss Hangover, nothing to worry about.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Bip Roberts posted:

Rodgers 2 Megatron.

Free him to any team except for the Packers, solely because of the smugness potential of their already sore winner fans :colbert:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/PrideOfDetroit/status/653342291365507073

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'm broke, I'm fighting with my SO, and there's a winless Lions team QB'd by Dan Orlovsky.

I don't know how I wound up back in 2008 but I don't like it.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

meow

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

They've gotta clean house at this point. Everyone except the defensive coaches.

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015
Besides firing almost everyone, is there any real way to fix this poo poo show of a team?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Sandman7773/status/653348475275493376

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Good thing the preseason doesn't count.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
For the undefeated watch I just mentioned this in another thread:

We have a really good chance at getting the Patriots being undefeated going into their game against the Giants this year. How cool would that be to see??

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

C. Everett Koop posted:

Calvin's two QBs for the majority of his adult life: Matt Stafford and Reggie Ball.

Think about what he's done and how he's regarded and what he'd be like with even above-average QB play.
If he was matched up with a solid QB it would be like Randy Moss's year in NE. Record breaking.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
I'd like to see Stafford behind an elite O-line. It seems he isn't going to get any better though.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Stafford was great at chucking the ball deep, and then they tried to turn him into a dink-and-dunker. It didn't work.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Caldwell says he's not changing any coaches this week. Also Stafford's starting.

Things are looking good for this thread staying alive until at least Thanksgiving.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Bip Roberts posted:

Rodgers 2 Megatron.
Oh god yes.
:fap: :circlefap: :flashfap:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CannonFodder posted:

If he was matched up with a solid QB it would be like Randy Moss's year in NE. Record breaking.

He can come to Carolina next year after Detroit cuts him for salary cap reasons.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Chris James 2 posted:

Caldwell says he's not changing any coaches this week. Also Stafford's starting.

Things are looking good for this thread staying alive until at least Thanksgiving.

The Lions will lose on Thanksgiving, as is tradition

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Ted Thompson shrewdly offers a 5th round pick for Calvin "Megatron" Johnson. He wipes his brow of stress perspiration. Such value, put all on the line...

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Chris James 2 posted:

vs Bears, vs Vikings, London Chiefs, bye, Doom, vs Raiders, vs Eagles on Thanksgiving.

I feel the Lions will sneak at least one or two of those games. If Jamaal Charles has an ACL, then the KC could be ripe for picking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

C. Everett Koop posted:

Larry Fitzgerald looks even more impressive now.

• Locked thread