Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Chromatic posted:

If they finish with 4-5 wins, I say try to trade up to grab a QB
There are no franchise QBs in this draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
I feel like the Seahawks actually played their best game of the year today. The offense is still pretty questionable but at least it's improving. The defense played plenty well enough to win, but there wasn't quite enough help from the offense against a very good Bengals team.
That said, even if the offense keeps improving it's gonna be a tough climb to 10-6 for a chance at the playoffs. Hard to find 3 confident road wins on the schedule assuming they drop a random home game.

Congrats Bengals. Looking real good.

Playing 19 games a year is rough on a team. Maybe they just need to take a year off from the playoffs to heal up and get the offensive line in order. Hawks will still be a force in the NFL for the foreseeable future. :smug:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Don't think I've seen such lovely play calling as Whiz had in that game. Literally spent the entire first half on Buffalos end of the field and came away with 3 points. Chance for a game winning drive and he's throwing 3 yard screen passes. gently caress you Ken, you suck.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

korrandark posted:

Perfect time for the Chiefs to bottom out and finish 1-15 then.

I like Goff a little bit, but like everyone other than Luck I'd bet against him working out.

edit to note that we're all just spitballing because Andy loving loves Alex Smith, and he probably can't get fired this year no matter how bad the Chiefs are.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Bengals are looking really good and I will bet money they will win their division. Too bad they won't make it past round one of the playoffs

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Perfect time for the Chiefs to bottom out and finish 1-15 then.

I like Goff a little bit, but like everyone other than Luck I'd bet against him working out.

edit to note that we're all just spitballing because Andy loving loves Alex Smith, and he probably can't get fired this year no matter how bad the Chiefs are.

It won't matter who the QB is if that offensive line continues to be godawful.

Epic Mount
Jun 18, 2007

Spintzel posted:

Bengals are looking really good and I will bet money they will win their division. Too bad they won't make it past round one of the playoffs

Does it count as a win if we get the bye? :dance:

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

korrandark posted:

The alternative is Alex Smith. I think I'll take my chances.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

We have entered the point of a depressing Lions season where Dan Orlovsky is getting playtime

I hope he starts against the Bears, because it's a win-win: if they lose, Lombardi gets fired, and if they win, everyone on the Bears gets fired

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The Seahawks are real good. I can't remember a time when the usually great Bengals O-Line got shitcanned so badly in the running game for most of the day. I'm sure they will make the playoffs and probably go pretty far in it so long as Wilson stays healthy.

I think Dalton has been the best player in the NFL through 5 weeks and that is really weird to say. I'm curious to see if he can keep this up when the weather starts getting lovely because some of the worst Bad Andy games have been in the rain/wind/snow for some reason. Not to nitpick a really incredible win but the Bengals need figure out how to make holes for Jeremy Hill or their offense won't be able to keep this up the rest of the year. This week was also the first where I felt like they really really missed Burfict. Vinny Rey is a cool dude but he just gets washed out in so many power running plays.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

FizFashizzle posted:

They were within a play of losing to the worst team in the nfl, one that is currently getting poo poo housed by noted frauds and eventual late season collapsers Arizona.

Ah maybe the Lions can have a "were within a play of beating the Seahwks" parade through downtown Detroit and hang a banner and give the players rings to mark this achievment?

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Goetta posted:

The Seahawks are real good. I can't remember a time when the usually great Bengals O-Line got shitcanned so badly in the running game for most of the day. I'm sure they will make the playoffs and probably go pretty far in it so long as Wilson stays healthy.

I think Dalton has been the best player in the NFL through 5 weeks and that is really weird to say. I'm curious to see if he can keep this up when the weather starts getting lovely because some of the worst Bad Andy games have been in the rain/wind/snow for some reason. Not to nitpick a really incredible win but the Bengals need figure out how to make holes for Jeremy Hill or their offense won't be able to keep this up the rest of the year. This week was also the first where I felt like they really really missed Burfict. Vinny Rey is a cool dude but he just gets washed out in so many power running plays.

Hopefully just one more game till he's back. :pray:

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Perhaps everything wasn't Jim Schwartz's fault?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
How many turnovers do the Lions have now

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
e: oops this is not the GDT

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

So assuming the Cowboys don't pull off some miracle in the next 10 minutes and the Giants lose to the Niners tonight (doubtful but clownball), there'll be a 4-way tie in the NFCE at 2-3.

Next week:

Cowboys BYE
Redskins @ Jets
Giants @ Eagles, MNF

The Eagles could be playing for the outright division lead next Monday.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

watching the bills-titans highlights and jfc that Gillmore int

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."

korrandark posted:

Hopefully just one more game till he's back. :pray:

Maclin tore us up last week, we need Tez back to solidify that midfield.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
I wish officiating in the NFL was better. This play had to be challenged in order to be correctly ruled a touchdown. The ref is a foot away.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

shyduck posted:

So assuming the Cowboys don't pull off some miracle in the next 10 minutes and the Giants lose to the Niners tonight (doubtful but clownball), there'll be a 4-way tie in the NFCE at 2-3.

Next week:

Cowboys BYE
Redskins @ Jets
Giants @ Eagles, MNF

The Eagles could be playing for the outright division lead next Monday.

I like that it doesn't matter how garbage the NFC east is top to bottom and they'll still get the prime time spot.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

this owns. Browns' leg catch td play is still the best play this season tho

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Is it too early for 19-0 watch?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I keep telling myself that Denver can't continue to depend on late game fumbles and INTs and show fuckall on offense and continue to win games, but I keep getting proven wrong so maybe this is the new reality that Denver is never going to lose a loving game again

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

CortezFantastic posted:

this owns. Browns' leg catch td play is still the best play this season tho

Taint catch

Stupid Dick
May 25, 2004

I love this Bengals team right now. Andy Dalton has eliminated virtually all of the mental errors that have plagued him so far. Everyone on the teams genuinely expects to win, so they don't get rattled in the face of adversity. I haven't felt this optimistic in a very long time.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

A.o.D. posted:

I don't think that there will be a single recognizable name on the Saints roster or in the Front office in three years. Hell, the team might not even be owned by a Benson by that point.

Excepting just a few players this is probably a good thing.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

cheesetriangles posted:

I hope we at least get an undefeated New England against the Giants later this season. What a cool match that would be.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The NFC East may genuinely be the only competitive division left, and it's only because everyone's poo poo

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

Bip Roberts posted:

I like that it doesn't matter how garbage the NFC east is top to bottom and they'll still get the prime time spot.

Yup. Don't you forget it either.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Colts next 5 games:

vs. Patriots (4-0)
vs. Saints (1-4)
@ Panthers (4-0)
vs. Broncos (5-0)
@ Falcons (5-0)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Brandon Weeden is really bad, and hamstringing an otherwise okay Cowboys team.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

cheesetriangles posted:

too late

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

shyduck posted:

Colts next 5 games:

vs. Patriots (4-0)
vs. Saints (1-4)
@ Panthers (4-0)
vs. Broncos (5-0)
@ Falcons (5-0)

They might win against the Saints but uhh good thing the AFC South is terrible

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
If Romo was healthy that game would at least have been interesting. So much bad football today. God drat.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
The NFC East, an interpretive dance by mel mudkiper

*pulls down pants*

*bends over, tucks penis and balls behind legs*

*spreads buttcheck*

*farts the national anthem while slapping my ballsack*

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Every team is flawed, guess it's time for Eli to win another Super Bowl.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Palmers stats were pedestrian for how much of a loving blowout that was.

God the lions suck

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

picture Brandon Weeden lying on his back and curling up his torso so his weight is all on his shoulders and he just diarrheas all over his face and you have the Cowboys offense. and also the floor is carpet and not tile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

NFC_East.gif

*this can apply to most other divisions this year

• Locked thread