Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I'm going out of town to visit friends this week that I haven't seen in ages, and I'm super excited! However, they live in Salem, Mass., and every time I tell people where I'm going I hear dumb jokes about witchcraft.

Plus I've heard the town is a giant tourist trap in October, which may be sort of fun, but may also be annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I really want to use sick days to call into work "sick" to play metal gear solid tpp. This stupid game. Haven't been this addicted to a game since FF7 in 1997.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

There are so many video games I want to play but I don't have enough time.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I can't find an art teacher in the city.

I've watched all of John Oliver's Last Week Tonight episodes and now I don't have anything to watch when I play WoW.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I really want to play The Phantom Pain but I don't have a gaming PC powerful enough or a current-gen console to play it.

I could easily afford one, but it's too :effort: to build a new PC and I would only use the console for that one game and it would be a waste of money.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

DrBouvenstein posted:

I ordered some nice smart-LED bulbs and wifi control kit about a month ago and they still aren't here.

The company is in NZ and I'm on the east cost of the US, and I didn't pay for faster shipping, but drat if this isn't a long-rear end time.

I emailed their customer service two days ago and no reply yet.

Update:

Emailed both the same customer service email from before, AND a second customer service email (one was support@company.com, the other was orders@company.com,) and no replies to either.

Called the two phone numbers listed for their US offices, in in CA the other in DE, and they just kept ringing, no one picked up, didn't even get a voicemail or an auto-message saying something like "we are currently closed, please call again."

I am now forced to be "That guy" and complain on the FB wall, but drat if that's not the best way to get a company to respond to you nowadays. Waiting to see if that gets a response.

I now wished I used a credit card for the order and not PayPal, because it's so much easier to do a charge-back with a CC than it is to do a PayPal refund.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Update:

Emailed both the same customer service email from before, AND a second customer service email (one was support@company.com, the other was orders@company.com,) and no replies to either.

Called the two phone numbers listed for their US offices, in in CA the other in DE, and they just kept ringing, no one picked up, didn't even get a voicemail or an auto-message saying something like "we are currently closed, please call again."

I am now forced to be "That guy" and complain on the FB wall, but drat if that's not the best way to get a company to respond to you nowadays. Waiting to see if that gets a response.

I now wished I used a credit card for the order and not PayPal, because it's so much easier to do a charge-back with a CC than it is to do a PayPal refund.

Sounds like scam to me?

FWP: Been going over a job with my boss to get it submitted for about an hour now. It is now lunch time, I'm starving and need to go out to get lunch. My boss left to go talk to his boss about another job while he waits to hear back from someone on this job, so I can't leave.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

drgnwr1 posted:

Sounds like scam to me?

It's a company that came goon recommended.

I did finally get an email back with a tracking number...that the USPS says is invalid.

I figured I'd try it at the New Zealand post website, and it IS a valid number, but it's not associated with any tracked service.

I don't think it's so much scam as just mismanaged/possibly incompetent company.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I need to get groceries but I want to watch Maury so I have to wait to eat.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I'm tired because I stayed up all night playing videogames. Am I 20 again? What is this!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm sitting in that weird grey area with video games.
I REALLY REALLY want MGS5 but FO4 comes out in a month.
I have plenty of other games to occupy my time AND if I get TPP, I won't play FO4 right away.

Winter Steam sale is only a couple months away. Maybe TPP will go on sale and I can back-burner it for a while.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.
The phone on my desk in my office has multiple lines. One is for the front desk, which I don't answer, but rings quite often as my office also owns self storage units. There is also an intercom, and a ring if someone is calling my line directly. All 3 lines have different rings and my personal line is called so infrequently that I tune out the phone in general. But when people really do want to reach me they usually call my work cell phone, rarely the desk phone.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Leg day at the gym today. I hate leg day. (Don't skip leg day.)

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I want to sperg out with this tablet game I'm playing (figure out which things are giving me the most resources in the least amount of time, that sort of thing) but I'm tired/lazy and am drawn to just staring at a screen and Netflixing.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

drgnwr1 posted:

The phone on my desk in my office has multiple lines. One is for the front desk, which I don't answer, but rings quite often as my office also owns self storage units. There is also an intercom, and a ring if someone is calling my line directly. All 3 lines have different rings and my personal line is called so infrequently that I tune out the phone in general. But when people really do want to reach me they usually call my work cell phone, rarely the desk phone.

My work phone is unlisted and private but sometimes (4 times a week) a confused old person or a really REALLY high person will call. One gets irate that I'm not the person they called and the other laughs a bunch thinking I'm his friend playing a prank.
A couple times I've gone along with it and learned that the old guy thinks his nurse is stealing from him and the high guy really just never has enough drugs.

It's the best part of my day.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Inzombiac posted:

My work phone is unlisted and private but sometimes (4 times a week) a confused old person or a really REALLY high person will call. One gets irate that I'm not the person they called and the other laughs a bunch thinking I'm his friend playing a prank.
A couple times I've gone along with it and learned that the old guy thinks his nurse is stealing from him and the high guy really just never has enough drugs.

It's the best part of my day.

I get it... You're the Nurse! You steal the old guy's meds and sell them to the high person! J'accuse!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I have a brand-new 5Ghz, 1 Gbps, ac wireless router. But my Chromecast can't use it.

So if I want to stream anything to it from my phone or laptop I have to switch to using my 2.4 Ghz network... Like a fuckin' animal.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My internet is as poo poo as ever and my bill is 20 bucks higher for no readily apparent reason :shepface:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Mikl posted:

I really want to play The Phantom Pain but I don't have a gaming PC powerful enough or a current-gen console to play it.

I could easily afford one, but it's too :effort: to build a new PC and I would only use the console for that one game and it would be a waste of money.

They're gotta be a computer place around that could do it for you. That isn't best buy/futureshop, screw those guys.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

A nice little Chinese bakery/cafe I used to go to a lot closed after being open for 33 years. Now where will I get my morning pork buns and terrible coffee?

Seriously though there are a few more but now I have to go to two different places to get what I want :effort:

Minchin Dupree
Oct 23, 2008

...I'll smash them.
I miss the Idiots on Social Media and AUG threads. :saddowns:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
There was a clearance sales at Claires and everything on clearance that was under $10 was 10 for $10. Nice poo poo, I can get my niece something good and cheap. But all the craft kits that should have been a buck were instead $5, despite being under $10 initially. The manager said she had no idea. Now, $5 isn't that bad but when the poo poo was originally $7, that isn't much of a sale. And really I have plenty of gifts for her, but at $1 each for a kit, that price was too good to pass up. I just like to be the cool aunt that looks like she spent a lot of money when it was all cheap.

All the stores around me no longer sell the large cans of cat food. They sell the medium ones, but only three flavors, and then the small cans, in 15 flavors give or take, but you need to buy three of the small to get the same amount as the large can, and I go through a lot of large cans with the foster kittens.

Pizza places that open at 11am on Sunday. gently caress, I want pizza at 8am, open the gently caress up!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Minchin Dupree posted:

I miss the Idiots on Social Media and AUG threads. :saddowns:

I miss when mods would communicate with the forum to why threads get gassed.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Pizza places that open at 11am on Sunday. gently caress, I want pizza at 8am, open the gently caress up!

I live in a city of over a million people, and it is impossible to get pizza in the morning any day of the week. The worst pizza places open at 11, the good ones noon even on a weekday.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
I blended my pineapple smoothie too much and now there's no pineapple texture to it.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Why are there no good cheap blenders that can totally liquify spinach so there's no stringy parts?

Got the pizza. And the bastards thought Light Sauce meant we wanted sauce that squirted out all over every side when we bit down. After the first bite the loving cheese slid off and all we had were giant sauce covered pieces of soggy pizza because the sauce had leaked through the bottom. Even out of the box.

The gently caress, you bitch. I understand you were there alone but wtf is with being THAT passive aggressive to people who weren't loving rude to you and were fine with waiting an extra 20 mins if you needed it?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
The Amazon app is total poo poo because it defaults to applying a gift card balance to your order payment, even though I set default to credit card only on the website--there isn't an option for this on the app!!!! so now I have to cancel the order, but it's "not guaranteed" because I have prime and it's already shipping even though it's been less than 12 hours (I ordered it 10pm last night and it's 730am now). I'm worried they're going to charge me return shipping even though it's their stupid app's fault. I was saving this $200 to get myself something nice, not to pay goddamn return shipping for something that's technically their fault for having a lovely app.

I guess I'm using full site on the phone's browser from now on.

My phone keyboard is all sorts of hosed up with misspellings because I type poorly, so it corrects likes like gettibg and YES in caps. I need to reset it but then I'll have to type more carefully and the stupid keyboard will have to learn my typing again and that's annoying.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
I bought a new phone and now I need to set up my icons and widgets the way I like them.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Thin Privilege posted:

My phone keyboard is all sorts of hosed up with misspellings because I type poorly, so it corrects likes like gettibg and YES in caps. I need to reset it but then I'll have to type more carefully and the stupid keyboard will have to learn my typing again and that's annoying.
Related, I wish physical keyboards on phones would come back but know they never will. I've owned a smartphone for years now and even with Swype and a (slightly) more intelligent spellcheck I still have yet to come close to the blistering speeds I could thumb-type poo poo with on a proper keyboard. Touchscreen ones are too easy to fatfinger.
:corsair:

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
Normally I park at the curb outside my house, to leave the driveway free for my roommate and her guests. My elderly neighbor's caretaker has been parking in "my spot" unpredictably, forcing me to park at other curbside locations. :mad:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Thin Privilege posted:

The Amazon app is total poo poo because it defaults to applying a gift card balance to your order payment, even though I set default to credit card only on the website--there isn't an option for this on the app!!!! so now I have to cancel the order, but it's "not guaranteed" because I have prime and it's already shipping even though it's been less than 12 hours (I ordered it 10pm last night and it's 730am now). I'm worried they're going to charge me return shipping even though it's their stupid app's fault. I was saving this $200 to get myself something nice, not to pay goddamn return shipping for something that's technically their fault for having a lovely app.

I don't understand how this is even a problem? You spent your Amazon balance instead of real money. Real money is exactly like Amazon money, but better (because it can also be spent at other places). If for some reason you need Amazon money, just use the real money you still have (because you spent your Amazon money instead) to buy yourself a gift card.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I want to refill my water glass but I don't want to wake the sleeping cat on my lap.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
PostNL, which banggood used to ship my stuff, has the worst tracking system ever. First, it said "the item is pre-advised" for four days (:wtc:) now it's "in transit" but at no point does it say where the package actually is or when it can be expected.

C'mon, we can have real-time tracking down to the location of the truck that it's on, this is bullshit!

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I always need to use the bathroom when it's being cleaned at work
Get a grip, body!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
The wire isn't on canadian netflix

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Tiggum posted:

I don't understand how this is even a problem? You spent your Amazon balance instead of real money. Real money is exactly like Amazon money, but better (because it can also be spent at other places). If for some reason you need Amazon money, just use the real money you still have (because you spent your Amazon money instead) to buy yourself a gift card.

True, but it makes sense in my head. Like gift=something special, not the $15 frying pan I was trying to get. Plus there's some emotional stuff because of the person who gave it to me and I would feel crappy if I used their gift on said $15 frying pan.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Anatharon posted:

The wire isn't on canadian netflix

It isn't on american either? It's a HBO show, they have their own system.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Lord Lambeth posted:

It isn't on american either? It's a HBO show, they have their own system.

Ok, well, that isn't really relevant to me anyways.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Manufacturer OEM keys mean I can't lazily image my desktop to the new one. I have to reinstall stuff, like an animal.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

The aerobics class next to the gym I work out at put on Celine Dion as music for their workout and it reminded me how insanely bullshit Titanic's message was and as a result I was mad the whole evening :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I just got some really scary, upsetting news. That's obviously not strictly a first world problem, but the fact that I really want a drink now and can't have one because I'm on cold medicine probably is.