Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuzzyBureaucrat
Sep 1, 2015

AlexF posted:

Weigl was never a 2. Liga player, though. His way of playing is absolutely useless if no one else in the squad can keep up. Wood I'm really sad about. He's solid and could have helped a ton. Angha can go gently caress himself. He's basically a black Kagelmacher and I have no idea how someone with so little skill can get a contract at a professional level.

Well, I'm not saying they shouldn't have sold those three. Dortmund's offer on Weigl was too good to pass on and Wood wanted to leave 1860 desperately due to quarrels with the higher-ups. Like you said, Angha was basically useless, so it was the logical thing to cash in him at St Gallen's offer.
I'm saying it might have been a good idea to reinvest that money to sign some of the players that Fröhling actually wanted in order to improve the team's quality.

On the other hand I can understand them of course:

If you go by the last couple of coaches they had, it was to be expected that Fröhling wouldn't be a 1860 employee for much longer - it's only natural not to waste their money on players that his successor might not even want :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
That list is amazing

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

FuzzyBureaucrat posted:

I'm saying it might have been a good idea to reinvest that money to sign some of the players that Fröhling actually wanted in order to improve the team's quality.

Yeah, you're right. There were some interesting names on the table. Hennings would have been amazing and I still think they should give Cacau a one year contract and see how it works out. Even bringing Lauth back for a year might have helped, who knows. But, like I said, the squad is good enough to stay in if they'd just get rid of a few lazy assholes. I hope Möhlmann sees loving Kagelmacher for the fraud he is (without him Kiraly would still be with us - I'll never forget, I'll never forgive) and just gives him the boot.

That list is depressing. I like that Vanenburg is cut off. He only had a month or so :D

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Götze is out for 3 months.

Abolish international football forever.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Dunban posted:

At least you should be happy that there's no chance of Klopp succeeding Pep anymore.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Torrannor posted:

At least you should be happy that there's no chance of Klopp succeeding Pep anymore.

I am

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Dunban posted:

Abolish your posting.

Torrannor posted:

Be careful what you wish for.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Ho boy am I loving glad to see Kloppotrons loving face all over the news again!

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Dunban posted:

This sucks, but with as good as Coman is its not really an issue. Also if Robben and Ribery really are closetm to coming back its even less of an issue.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

Also if Robben and Ribery really are closetm to coming back its even less of an issue.

Yeah, Lewandowski was so very effective with those two around.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

mackintosh posted:

Yeah, Lewandowski was so very effective with those two around.

Well its simply a different play style, with robben and ribery, bob had to split shots on goal because those two weren't afraid to cut inside and rip it. Costa and Coman (or gotze) are more likely to feed service into the box.

I cant remember the article but advanced stats suggest that lewa has the same efficiency in front of goal as before but rather his population size is much larger this season without ribery and robben.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
bad luck for you germans and dortmunders, it could have been Hummels or Gündogan with a 10 year injury, instead of glorious Götze with a 3 month one.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Katana Gomai posted:

Ho boy am I loving glad to see Kloppotrons loving face all over the news again!

:mitt:

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Coman out of u23 match with injury, now

Dunban posted:

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

https://youtu.be/o5JA5XbQaVI

For Macintosh

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

A fitting scene for that smug, pretentious twat/the best forward Poland ever had.*

* to be determined tomorrow

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

mackintosh posted:

A fitting scene for that smug, pretentious twat/the best forward Poland ever had.*

* to be determined tomorrow

yeah he's the best

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

The Real Foogla posted:

yeah he's the best

oh yeah, this

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

The Real Foogla posted:

yeah he's the best

You've heard it here first!

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

mackintosh posted:

oh yeah, this

I'm glad that you learned to love him

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Should we talk about the dire German team, with baddies like Hummels (totally out of form, worse than Per ever was), Hector, Ginter, Gündogan, Schürrle etc ? Maybe you should go for a Wiederanschluss, then Alaba could play instead of Hummels, Junuzovic could replace one of the midfield baddies. Kroos is an overrated fool too.
The only really good players yesterday were Neuer, Özil and to a point Müller.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Tahirovic posted:

Should we talk about the dire German team, with baddies like Hummels (totally out of form, worse than Per ever was), Hector, Ginter, Gündogan, Schürrle etc ? Maybe you should go for a Wiederanschluss, then Alaba could play instead of Hummels, Junuzovic could replace one of the midfield baddies. Kroos is an overrated fool too.

something something Turniermannschaft

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Tahirovic posted:

It's a mystery to me why Schürrle was allowed to play on for over two hours with Kruse on the bench. Everyone saw how poo poo he was against Ireland.

Gündogan was alright (nearing his form), Kroos' only good quality was being the ball boy not taking any responsibility, Ginter is still learning the position so I'm willing to cut him some slack, Reus is woefully out of form and very much useless like that, Hector I'm still undecided on, he's got good offensive qualities but his defensive display has been bad.

Rafinha has been whoring himself out recently, Löw could nominate him and not worry as much about the rightback position in France.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Dunban posted:

I'm glad that you learned to love him

i really didn't want to, but can't argue with results and dedication, and he's shown plenty of that in the last two games, i fully expect him to get injured now

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

http://www.der-postillon.com/2015/10/eigentlich-in-bad-tolz-geboren-dfb.html

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
It's clear that Pep has succeeded in doing what he set out to do, destroying the German National Team. First he convinced Lahm to quit the national team, then he made Kroos and Schweinsteiger feel unwelcome and sold them (thus splitting up the Bayern core), and then he also undermined Göetze's confidence so that he became useless. Fire Pep!

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

You forgot his masterstroke: we are actually discussing Rafinha playing for Germany.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

You guys lack fullbacks and a quality striker. Low should be begging Lahm to come back.

You guys have some ridiculous youth talents, surely there's someone you can play up front? Muller is wasted there imo

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Ewar Woowar posted:

You guys lack fullbacks and a quality striker. Low should be begging Lahm to come back.

You guys have some ridiculous youth talents, surely there's someone you can play up front? Muller is wasted there imo

Nope, there's no one, and there hasn't been anyone for years.

Big Mario Gomez needs to make a comeback.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Dunban posted:

Nope, there's no one, and there hasn't been anyone for years.

Big Mario Gomez needs to make a comeback.

Isn't Volland good?

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Bring back Klose

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I look forward to Stefan Effenberg training Paderborn.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

*builds best national youth system in the world from the ground up*

*churns out tons of talented players*

*forgets to train actual full-backs and strikers*

*is Germany*

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
Nominate Dominik Stroh-Engel imo

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

dxt posted:

Bring back Klose

He needs 1 more WC for his record.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Wengy posted:

*forgets to train actual full-backs and strikers*

*is Germany*

that's because they'd steal repatriate those from us

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/fussball-stefan-effenberg-neuer-trainer-des-sc-paderborn-a-1057563.html

:laugh:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Ewar Woowar posted:

Isn't Volland good?

He's decent, but not that good. Still, I'd definitely prefer him over basically anyone else we currently have in that position.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I'll be watching some Paderborns under Effenberg for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/fussball-wm-2006-wurde-mutmasslich-gekauft-a-1057829.html

Looks like we're gonna have ourselves a good old-fashioned shitstorm, lads:

quote:

Nach Informationen des SPIEGEL hatte das deutsche Bewerbungskomitee für die WM 2006 eine schwarze Kasse eingerichtet. Franz Beckenbauer, damals Chef des Organisationskomitees, soll davon gewusst haben - wie auch der heutige DFB-Präsident Wolfgang Niersbach.

• Locked thread