Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

T Bowl posted:

Yeah, true, thanks.

I've only seen it happen once and it was for less points, but yeah RB fumbles a goal line touch or something and is -2 and then he is not given the ball the rest of the game.

You're still at +2 in that instance :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Big Ben is a FA in one of my leagues, and I'm tempted to pick him up. I'm currently starting Carson Palmer, and have Ryan Tannehill on the bench(whom I would drop).

My concern is that Palmer's BYE is week 9, Roethlisberger is jogging now, but any setback and I'll have to dump the whole affair and stream that backup for a week.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
So in a PPR league with no flex spot, I've got some good RB depth, and I was thinking about moving a guy to shore up my WR corps.

What's the caliber of WR I could target in exchange for a Forsett + Brandin Cooks package?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Would I be crazy to give up Jeffrey for Luck if I have Jordan Matthews, Keenan Allen, Kendall Wright, Vincent Jackson, and Terrence Williams? I'm thinking so.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Would it be crazy to trade for an injured player who is dying behind a horrible O line?

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Would it be crazy to trade for an injured player who is dying behind a horrible O line?

Exactly how much are you paying me for Luck? A small bag of dirt? interesting, please go on.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I picked up and started McCown this week.

There is no greater feeling in fantasy than getting a gut call so right.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Charles confirmed dead.

:shepicide:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

RVProfootballer posted:

I would definitely not do this. Robinson to Hopkins is nice, but Eifert >>> Miller, and Hill and Hyde are probably close to a wash, though I'd slightly prefer Hyde probably (Bengals have so many passing weapons and Gio is right there to take over Hill's work when Bengals are trailing or Hill is just disappointing).

Thanks. I've been trying so hard to shake up my team in this league and have had nobody even express interest in trading until now, so I was probably blinded a little bit just out of excitement over receiving an offer.

In an unrelated deal in the same league I have just been offered Brandin Cooks for my CJ Anderson. I still don't love Cooks despite the good day he had, but I feel like that's a mash. Anderson still hasn't shown anything all that encourages me.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Big Ben is a FA in one of my leagues, and I'm tempted to pick him up. I'm currently starting Carson Palmer, and have Ryan Tannehill on the bench(whom I would drop).

My concern is that Palmer's BYE is week 9, Roethlisberger is jogging now, but any setback and I'll have to dump the whole affair and stream that backup for a week.

The upside (having two qb1s to choose from) is better than the off chance that pittsburgh's star qb, under the best care the team can afford, suffers a setback. I say do it ( I also own Palmer and Big Ben).

Edit:

Thwomp posted:

It's looking like one of those weeks where My players have good match ups all around.....except I'm playing the worst team in the league. :smith:

Yeah, turns out I played the worst team when he had his best week. gently caress this game.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
First week of the year where the guy I'm playing against doesn't have one of the top 3 scores in the league.

So naturally I score my season-low in points and lose by 2 because the Giants D couldn't contain the shitshow of a 49ers offense at home. Fantasy football is literally the worst.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
My opponent is on his honeymoon and forgot to switch out two injured players.

He's still going to beat me. I hate fantasy football.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
so glad I dropped Barnidge and decided to play Mariota over Dalton this week. fml

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
What a loving travesty of a week I had. Christ.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I need Le'Veon Bell to score 9 or fewer points tomorrow night in standard. I am not confident.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
The lead for receiving touchdowns this season is a three way tie between Larry Fitzgerald, James Jones, and Tyler Eifert.

What is this game.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Well my 0-4 team finally won a game. Of course to balance that out my 4-0 team not only lost but I probably lost Charles for the year. Oh fantasy football why do you tease me.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Gobias Ind. posted:

I need Le'Veon Bell to score 9 or fewer points tomorrow night in standard. I am not confident.

Nope you done.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

My CJ Anderson for his Brandin Cooks in 0.5 PPR. Mash?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Gobias Ind. posted:

I don't know about mash per se but I'd definitely take it in a vacuum

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Doobie Keebler posted:

Well my 0-4 team finally won a game. Of course to balance that out my 4-0 team not only lost but I probably lost Charles for the year. Oh fantasy football why do you tease me.

I made it to 4-1 despite losing Dez and JC. I ended up trading Dez for Jhill, so no help there either. Gurley broke out at exactly the right time. My studs from here on out: TT, Lewis, Gurley, Broncos D. Fantasy is weird as hell.

Gobias Ind. posted:

I'd do it but I'm not sure if there's a clear winner. Depends on a lot of things. Escaping the Broncos backfield to get into the Saints passing game isn't the most stellar of moves

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead

pmchem posted:

I picked up and started McCown this week.

There is no greater feeling in fantasy than getting a gut call so right.

This, but with Bortles for me. Drop Stafford, picked him up, thank you 40 points.

Though, I'm down 6 with Keenan Allen to go, against his Melvin Gordon. So, feeling hopeful.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Down 8.8 with my Brown vs his Vick in 0.5 ppr. It's doable right?

Edit: forgot a decimal point

Santheb fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Oct 12, 2015

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
My Calvin Johnson for Jarvis Landry and Doug Martin. 0 PPR 2RB, 2 WR, no flex

WR: Megatron, Cooper, Evans, Wright
RB: Ivory, CJ2K, Karlos Williams, Abdullah, CJ Anderson, Rawls

Thoughts?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
You'd be buying high on Martin obviously, but that's not necessarily a bad thing if you think he can even come close to matching his performances the past 2 games for the rest of the season. Landry is also pretty good. I'd do it.

In my main league the annual whining about us not having waivers has resumed, caused by me picking up Charmander the second I heard about Charles going down. We all knew the rules going in.

I'm not one to wish for long absences of great players, but I really do kind of need this guy to save me from the hellish RB situation I've got (Hill/Gordon with a very deep bench consisting of Christine Michael).

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Glad about my trade of Jordan Matthews and Melvin Gordon for Brandin Cooks and DeMarco Murray so far... Murray 25 points (doubt Gordon gets that tonight) and Cooks with 21. Both their bests of the season, while Matthews got a lackluster 9 points.

I think I traded for both low and they will end with much higher points between the two.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Jesus, I've only scored 1 point combined from my D/ST this year

El Ste
Aug 22, 2010

dat one portagee posted:

Jesus, I've only scored 1 point combined from my D/ST this year

:stare:

What?

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
poo poo, i looked at someone else's d/st score one week, i've actually scored... 8! Thank you Dolphins for a 14 point week 1! However, after week one I am -6, wonderful!!!!!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I need a returning Gates to score 33.2 points against one of the best teams for TEs in PIT.

I sat Barnidge v BAL and played Gronk v DAL. Gronk only got 10 while Barnidge scored 29 in the TE hell known as Baltimore. :sigh:

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Forever_Peace's Week 6 Trade Targets

QB
Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers. With the likes of Carr, Bort, McCown, Tyrod, and Mariota on nearly every waiver wire, streaming QBs is a fine proposition. You don't want to ever trade for a QB that's not a stud. These two are the only QBs with clear top-5 potential that had a few disappointing games, and should probably be good for a bounceback. If you can get them for cheap, I might consider it.

I personally wouldn't take the risk on Luck. Might as well send out feelers for Big Ben, but there isn't any news that would provide any sort of discount. If somebody has held him this long, they'll likely ask for too much.

WR
Julio Jones. I can't believe it's possible, but there's a chance some owners could be down on the #1 wideout right now after too down games. Their schedule is a cakewalk, I'm not overly convinced by the nagging injury (though it does make acquisition a risky proposition), and Julio is really loving good.

Randall Cobb. Great buy-low candidate.

Amari Cooper. If you're in a league where people don't actually watch a ton of the games, go back and check if the Cooper own has been playing him consistently. I think some people still aren't quite aware of just how amazing he looks on the field. If Cooper isn't starting for the owner, send in an offer.

Sell: VJax, Rishard Mathews, ARob. All have solid season scores that betray a very streaky boom-bust record. I personally think ARob will continue having a pretty good season (and VJax will have some good games), but I think it's possible that somebody hurting for bye-week WRs might overvalue them. Worth seeing what you can get.
Keep (it's for real): BMarsh, Hurns, Fitz, Edelman, Steve Smith

RB
Joseph Randle. The RB6 in Standard right now (mostly because of a huge week 3), but people treat him like a low RB2. He's getting consistent work behind a great line, has big touchdown upside, and has been running well, while everybody has nonetheless been jumping on the DMC/CMike hype trains. Might as well send in a buy-low.

Eddie Lacy. Posted a second dud yesterday, hasn't scored for 4 weeks, and is currently the RB30 in standard. But his rate and efficiency statstics are all awesome (3rd in success rate, 9th in DVOA etc.), and on film he still looks allergic to tackles. Now's the time to buy low.

Abdullah. Not because I think he'll suddenly break out, but because I think you could probably get him for a song right now. Offer a Travis Benjamin or something just to see if you can land him in ppr. I think the problem here is Stafford and the offensive line, which have the potential to get their poo poo together still.

Sell: David Johnson, Gore, Blount.
Keep (it's for real): Gurley, Ivory, Ingram, Lewis, Rawls.

TE
I guess you could send in a buy-low on Kelce, but I'd rather just nab Barnidge or Clay from the WW.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
The guy who rejected my Joseph Randle Drew Brees for Chris Ivory trade is going to lose by 6 after Stafford and Andre Williams poo poo the bed. He probably still made the right call to reject but I gain satisfaction from this.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Thwomp posted:

It's looking like one of those weeks where My players have good match ups all around.....except I'm playing the worst team in the league. :smith:

I ran up the score in my goon ESPN league against a guy from Canada who doesn't watch football and who started Lynch. My team is also hot garbage because this is the first fantasy league I've played in years and I didn't draft completely seriously but I'm 3-2 so far :toot:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

My Matthew Stafford, Randall Cobb, Ronnie Hillman, Kendall Wright, Alfred Morris, and Brandon McManus have combined for a total score of 39.12 points so far. Yes, my number one scorer so far this week is my kicker. He's the only player with a double digit score.

I still have Antonio Brown and Pittsburgh D/ST going tonight, but my opponent has 136.16 points. Holy poo poo what an awful week. I can't even be mad about it. I got trounced, nothing I could have done differently. I just have to laugh, say, "Holy poo poo", and move on.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
A weird feeling having your team win by the end of the noon game. poo poo, I even sat Barnidge and it was a done deal. Just sat around watching football all day enjoying it with no stressing out :smug:

I also hate my loving team I have no idea how they are 4-1 right now.

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
Need 18 points from Bell tonight to move to 4-1. Save me Le'Veon, you're my only hope!

Is it time to completely give up on CJ Spiller? The Saints fell behind huge and STILL didn't want to feature him. I had some hope after he had the 80 yard OT score the previous week, but are the Saints satisfied paying him as a free agent and then never giving him the ball?

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Lost Jamal for the season in my 12 team keeper league. I can flip him to a team prepping for next yr with my choice of Jarvis Landry or Jordan Mathews. Any preference between the two in a .5ppr?

My team post Charles injury FWIW:

QB: Tyrod
WR: Odell
WR: Mike Evans
WR: Terrence Williams
RB: Freeman
RB: Gurley
TE: Kelce

bench: Romo, Abdullah, Martavis

Boosh! fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Oct 12, 2015

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What is the outlook like with the Arizona backfield going forward?

I have both Dave Johnson and Ellington and I want to cut bait on one of them.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

A weird feeling having your team win by the end of the noon game. poo poo, I even sat Barnidge and it was a done deal. Just sat around watching football all day enjoying it with no stressing out :smug:

I also hate my loving team I have no idea how they are 4-1 right now.

I have a team in a startup dynasty IDP league starting Eli Manning, Gurley, Yeldon, Marcel fuckin' Reece, Knile Davis (yes, as a starter), Marquess Wilson, Chris Conley and Garrett Celek. The baddest of the Bad News Bears teams.

I'm 4-1 in this league being carried by Marcus Peters, Stephon Gilmore, Fletcher Cox, Ryan Shazier (get healthy please :() and Preston Brown, to name a few. God I love IDP.

EDIT:

NC-17 posted:

What is the outlook like with the Arizona backfield going forward?

I have both Dave Johnson and Ellington and I want to cut bait on one of them.

Right now it looks like David Johnson will be the goal line back and act as a boom/bust 3/20/1 average week, Chris Johnson is the main back and Ellington will be a pass catcher and change-of-pace.

Personally I want no part of that backfield.

Amergin fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Oct 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Amergin posted:

Right now it looks like David Johnson will be the goal line back and act as a boom/bust 3/20/1 average week, Chris Johnson is the main back and Ellington will be a pass catcher and change-of-pace.

Personally I want no part of that backfield.

Chris Johnson seems pretty fine and safe right now, at least. I took a flier on him in a couple dynasty leagues and am quite pleased with the outcome so far :)

• Locked thread