Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Magog posted:

The compass on my N6 needs calibration almost every time I use it, on the other hand calibration works every time. :shrug:

Same on my N5. And I often don't release till I walked in the wrong direction for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pairofdimes
May 20, 2001

blehhh

TraderStav posted:

Same issue, so I removed it from my tablet. Seems like I even got more surveys.

This did it, I removed the rewards app from everything but my phone and now I get all my surveys there. I'm not sure I'm getting more than before, but at least they're all showing up in one place.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Re: Compass talk. I wonder if being in a car changes things at all? My compass seems reasonably accurate when I'm out walking but it's always about 90 degrees off inside the car, even if I "calibrate" it inside the car (while stopped, of course).

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

The compass on my phone has always been pretty accurate except that one time I tried to use with a case which had a magnet to hold the front flap closed. I felt like a complete retard when I finally spotted the problem.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I have the Outlook app on my phone, and it gets my calendar there, but how do I integrate that with the Android calendar? I use Month as a widget on my home screen and I can't get it to display my outlook calendar.

I do not use a personal gmail account. I use outlook at work, and my personal email is on live.com because my dad is a jerk with the same name as me and took EVERY good email address before I could. I'd like events entered in my phone to go to outlook so that I may view them from my work PC and vice versa.

e: I don't care if I have to pay money for it either. I just need a calendar solution that syncs 2 ways with both google shared calendars and outlook.

Teeter fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Oct 8, 2015

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hey, so I've got Action Launcher and I absolutely love the shuttered widgets. You get to use widgets without needing a dozen home screens. I dig it :)

I've changed from Smart Launcher so I'm completely out of the loop when it comes to widgets. Which widgets kick rear end in terms of:
- Text Messages
I'm looking for something that works exactly like a text messages app where I can scroll through all my messages, rather than a widget that just brings up one message at a time.

- Calendar
Something that brings up a month view rather than works off what is happening today.

- Anything else that kicks rear end.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Teeter posted:

I have the Outlook app on my phone, and it gets my calendar there, but how do I integrate that with the Android calendar? I use Month as a widget on my home screen and I can't get it to display my outlook calendar.

I do not use a personal gmail account. I use outlook at work, and my personal email is on live.com because my dad is a jerk with the same name as me and took EVERY good email address before I could. I'd like events entered in my phone to go to outlook so that I may view them from my work PC and vice versa.

e: I don't care if I have to pay money for it either. I just need a calendar solution that syncs 2 ways with both google shared calendars and outlook.

Nine displays your exchange calendar in your Android calendar.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

H13 posted:

Hey, so I've got Action Launcher and I absolutely love the shuttered widgets. You get to use widgets without needing a dozen home screens. I dig it :)

I've changed from Smart Launcher so I'm completely out of the loop when it comes to widgets. Which widgets kick rear end in terms of:
- Text Messages
I'm looking for something that works exactly like a text messages app where I can scroll through all my messages, rather than a widget that just brings up one message at a time.

- Calendar
Something that brings up a month view rather than works off what is happening today.

- Anything else that kicks rear end.

The stock Android Messaging widget does this if you're using Android Hangouts or Messaging. Today Calendar has a very nice set of widgets, including Monthly.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Nine displays your exchange calendar in your Android calendar.

It's also the best exchange app for Android, by far.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

dik-dik posted:

It's also the best exchange app for Android, by far.

Yep.

Looks amazing, both the calendar and contacts integrate perfectly into their respective native counterparts, very cheap at $10, app level or phone level security.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

They are incredibly responsive with fixes too.

They had an Marshmallow update out for Nine less than 24 hours after the first dev preview came out.

Make me sad that I'm going to have to abandon it soon :(.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Is Pushbullet supposed to remove notifications for texts you reply to from your computer? Because using the Windows client, notifications stick around.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Beautiful, Nine is just what I needed. Thanks all.

CheddarGoblin
Jan 12, 2005
oh

hooah posted:

Is Pushbullet supposed to remove notifications for texts you reply to from your computer? Because using the Windows client, notifications stick around.

Yeah it's dumb about this. If you click dismiss it will remove it from your phone, but if you reply it won't and there's no way to go back and do it without picking up your phone.

I also wish it would be more intelligent with handling notifications that update frequently. Like with the phone app, play music, strava etc. it will just keep annoying you with constant beeps until you mute the app.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

hooah posted:

Using Hangouts, it stopped marking messages as read when PB got the last big update. Switched to Messenger recently and now SMS get marked as read when replying.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I'm looking for a Craigslist app that will let me post ads and also reply to adds via whatever method(gmail, text, call). I've used myorika or something like that, but it was awful at those things.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

H13 posted:

Thank you for bringing this up. I installed this last night and already bought and converted from Nova. The covers are incredible and the quickdrawer is as snappy as advertised. I don't know how I had never heard of this before.

DaRealAce
Dec 27, 2004
Touch It.. No I dont want to... TOUCH IT!
I have a S6 Edge that is going through the battery VERY quickly - I think its due to some of the apps I have installed as it drains much faster now then we I got it not too long ago. Anyone have any recommendations for an app that help identify what is draining the battery so fast (WITHOUT ROOT)? I looked around and most apps require root.

I even keep power save mode on and use a dark theme...

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Without root, all you can do besides look at the useless Android battery thing is to start uninstalling apps one by one until your battery is back up to par.

DaRealAce
Dec 27, 2004

hooah posted:

Without root, all you can do besides look at the useless Android battery thing is to start uninstalling apps one by one until your battery is back up to par.

Thats what I figured the answer would be. Last time I looked there is no root for the most current version of android.. that still true?

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
Anyone using Nine (Exchange) with Do Not Disturb automatic rules on Marshmallow?

I set up an automatic rule for any event using the calendar named "Calendar" (there's another calendar named "%MYNAME% Calendar", so I think that's Google's), and it doesn't seem to work when I have a meeting in Exchange.

I sent an email to support about it, but they gave me an answer that made no sense.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

DaRealAce posted:

I have a S6 Edge that is going through the battery VERY quickly - I think its due to some of the apps I have installed as it drains much faster now then we I got it not too long ago. Anyone have any recommendations for an app that help identify what is draining the battery so fast (WITHOUT ROOT)? I looked around and most apps require root.

I even keep power save mode on and use a dark theme...

It's probably power save mode. Stop doing that.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Has there been anything to replace Circa? I've been getting my short news fix via emails from The Skimm, but it's just not as good.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

hooah posted:

Has there been anything to replace Circa? I've been getting my short news fix via emails from The Skimm, but it's just not as good.

I just use Google News now. Not as good as Circa, but I haven't found anything as good as Circa.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Thanks for the Nine suggestion. It's much better than CloudMagic.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

bull3964 posted:

They are incredibly responsive with fixes too.

They had an Marshmallow update out for Nine less than 24 hours after the first dev preview came out.

Make me sad that I'm going to have to abandon it soon :(.

Oh no why?

DaRealAce
Dec 27, 2004

Whizbang posted:

It's probably power save mode. Stop doing that.

Can I ask your logic behind that?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

dik-dik posted:

Oh no why?

My company was acquired a bit ago and we'll be merging mail with their servers next week. They use Airwatch as MDM and I won't be able to use Nine with it.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

bull3964 posted:

My company was acquired a bit ago and we'll be merging mail with their servers next week. They use Airwatch as MDM and I won't be able to use Nine with it.

I hope it's not as terrible as Good (but I bet it is)

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

dissss posted:

I hope it's not as terrible as Good (but I bet it is)

It's software that's made by VMWare, so....

Suffice it to say I'm going to be using my new service reimbursement benefit to go with a 2nd phone.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
So, is there anything like the beautiful widgets live wallpaper that scales better to higher res screens? The Beautiful widgets one still works, but has some pretty obvious and annoying tiling on bigger/higher res screens.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

DaRealAce posted:

Can I ask your logic behind that?

For apps that weren't made with it in mind (which is a lot) it's an "oh god why is there no response SEND MORE PACKETS SEND ALL THE PACKETS WAKELOCK EVERYTHING" button.

militarygrade
Apr 7, 2011
I live in Vietnam. Torrential rain happens suddenly. Is there a app which will notify me with a little bit of warning before the downpour begins?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

militarygrade posted:

I live in Vietnam. Torrential rain happens suddenly. Is there a app which will notify me with a little bit of warning before the downpour begins?

The Forecast.io API is designed for specifically purpose but it's crowdsourced and quality varies according to the area. I have a convertible that I'll park with the top down and use Arcus to send me a notification when rain is imminent.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

bull3964 posted:

Aw dang that sucks. My school uses Airwatch too but they still let us use Nine (although I don't actually have Airwatch installed on my phone—I just use the guest wifi and have so far been okay).

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Whoever recommended Fenix as a twitter replacement, thanks a bunch. $5 for no ads, more compact layout, AND a dark theme!

Soviet Canuckistan
Oct 24, 2010
Is there an app out there that lets Tasker/Llama automate Marshmallow's "do not disturb" mode? I'd like something slightly more fine-grained than the built-in time-based profiles.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Soviet Canuckistan posted:

Is there an app out there that lets Tasker/Llama automate Marshmallow's "do not disturb" mode? I'd like something slightly more fine-grained than the built-in time-based profiles.
Tasker supports this, under Audio.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

The Hangouts 5.0 update seems to be a LOT faster. Thank gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

XIII posted:

The Hangouts 5.0 update seems to be a LOT faster. Thank gently caress

They also fixed my fringe use case bug and took away that stupid "Signed in as" toast! Hooray Hangouts!

• Locked thread