Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Is Jamaal Charles confirmed dead, or should I wait until after KC's bye to replace him? My RB situation is tight next week, with Gurley on bye I'm left with just Lewis and Forsett. Waiver options are slim, I just grabbed Melvin Gordon, but depending on how tonight's game goes I may drop him for either Abdullah, Vereen, or Charcandrick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Chill Penguin posted:

Is Jamaal Charles confirmed dead, or should I wait until after KC's bye to replace him? My RB situation is tight next week, with Gurley on bye I'm left with just Lewis and Forsett. Waiver options are slim, I just grabbed Melvin Gordon, but depending on how tonight's game goes I may drop him for either Abdullah, Vereen, or Charcandrick

Basically. Charmander is a must grab. He's looked good in the reps he's been given and Kniles Davis seems to have lost favor as a result. I plan to spend quite a bit to nab him tomorrow off waivers (one of my leagues uses a monetary bid system of WW).

I'd rather have Gordon than Abdullah, but Vereen is a sticky situation. He got a lot of work last night in the passing game, but Rashad Jennings had also been in that role in previous weeks.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Forever_Peace posted:

With the likes of Carr, Bort, McCown, Tyrod, and Mariota on nearly every waiver wire

All have been owned for several weeks in 2/3 of my 12 team leagues lmao

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

365 Nog Hogger posted:

All have been owned for several weeks in 2/3 of my 12 team leagues lmao

Then you have bad luck and/or play in lovely leagues where everybody rosters like 3 QBs.

If we treat Yahoo ownership rates as reflecting the independent probability that these guys are owned in any given league, the probability that all would be taken is somewhere around 0.3%.

In reality the proportion of leagues where all are owned is going to be significantly lower than this 1 in 300 figure because it's likely that the more of these guys that are owned in any given league, the less likely the others are to be rostered (i.e. they are alternatives to one another for most owners).

While I'm at it, I might as well continue to beg people to stop with the "lmao none of these waiver wire pick ups are available in my league, you must play with chumps" posts when we talk about waiver wire pickups. We're not impressed, these posts are useless for everybody, and nobody gives a poo poo about your waiver wire. If anything, we should be ranking pickups that are even 70-80% owned because a lot of folks will still find that useful, but I keep it at a 50% cutoff for WW posts to waste is little of people's time as possible.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Forever_Peace posted:

Then you have bad luck and/or play in lovely leagues where everybody rosters like 3 QBs.

None of us know what we're doing and the guy who runs the league (who seems to know what he's doing) said picking three QBs is recommended so I drafted Vick in the last round as a joke. My first QB died and my second QB is Jameis Winston. Who's laughing now!?

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
I was posting because I play with chumps who roster 3qbs, yes :shobon:

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

365 Nog Hogger posted:

I was posting because I play with chumps who roster 3qbs, yes :shobon:

Sorry buddy, I overreacted.

Carry on. :hf:

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Amergin posted:

Right now it looks like David Johnson will be the goal line back and act as a boom/bust 3/20/1 average week, Chris Johnson is the main back and Ellington will be a pass catcher and change-of-pace.

Personally I want no part of that backfield.

It's like the return of Tim Hightower. There's nothing like winning a game in a hopeless week because of a random 20 yard 2 TD effort.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I'm beginning to seriously wonder if I will actually win a single game this season. :smith:

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Boon posted:

Basically. Charmander is a must grab. He's looked good in the reps he's been given and Kniles Davis seems to have lost favor as a result. I plan to spend quite a bit to nab him tomorrow off waivers (one of my leagues uses a monetary bid system of WW).

I'd rather have Gordon than Abdullah, but Vereen is a sticky situation. He got a lot of work last night in the passing game, but Rashad Jennings had also been in that role in previous weeks.

Chris Johnson and Isiah Crowell are also available... Now I'm worrying if Forsett is going to see limited play next week, as well. I didn't see the Ravens Browns OT - anybody have any insight regarding the severity of Forsett's injury?

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Need 37 points between Allen and Woodhead... let's do this

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Brandon Marshall for Amari Cooper?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
The only way I'd sell Lewis is for a top tier WR.

Every week people are saying "This is the week Blount takes over" and it hasn't happened. I know I'm a bit biased as his #1 Superfan in here but there's a lot of room for him in that offense.

I got offered Evans for him yesterday and didn't even bother countering. This is to the guy in my league who just lost JC.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Thanks to Matt Ryan, Calvin Johnson, Randall Cobb, Jordan Matthews, Owen Daniels, and CJ Spiller for giving me my worst fantasy week of all time.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

T Bowl posted:

Brandon Marshall for Amari Cooper?

Seems like a lateral move to me. I guess in a PPR you could argue Marshall has a higher floor but Cooper looks drat good when the Raiders are moving.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Chill Penguin posted:

Chris Johnson and Isiah Crowell are also available... Now I'm worrying if Forsett is going to see limited play next week, as well. I didn't see the Ravens Browns OT - anybody have any insight regarding the severity of Forsett's injury?

Ankle roll. Could be garden-variety, could be maybe a 1-2 weeker, but I didn't see anything to indicate a serious ankle or high ankle sprain. Taliaferro's been a non-factor so they are going to push for Forsett to return.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

Need to see your whole roster, but from what you've posted so far, waiver options are incredibly far from slim if Chris Johnson and Melvin Gordon are on the wire. You should definitely add West and Chris Johnson.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

RVProfootballer posted:

Need to see your whole roster, but from what you've posted so far, waiver options are incredibly far from slim if Chris Johnson and Melvin Gordon are on the wire. You should definitely add West and Chris Johnson.

Brady
Wright, Cooper, Maclin, Benjamin, Hilton
Forsett, Charles, Lewis, Gordon, Gurley
Bennett, Graham
Hauschka
Packers

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
In a keeper league with 6PTD should I trade my TJ Yeldon for Luck, even though I have Rodgers so I can keep them both next year and trade one of them? I would just keep Brown and Jordy (like a 12th I think) or try to deal one before the draft. Going to be 2-3 and I can trade Yeldon because I have depth, but I like that he gets tons of touches.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Michael Corleone posted:

In a keeper league with 6PTD should I trade my TJ Yeldon for Luck, even though I have Rodgers so I can keep them both next year and trade one of them? I would just keep Brown and Jordy (like a 12th I think) or try to deal one before the draft. Going to be 2-3 and I can trade Yeldon because I have depth, but I like that he gets tons of touches.

don't roster two QBs

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Gyshall posted:

don't roster two QBs

Yes, I know, it is just that I probably won't make the playoffs, but yeah, Yeldon probably has as much value as Luck going forward since I have Rodgers already.

e; did it anyway, I am sure I can get a good pick or player for one of the QB's.

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Oct 12, 2015

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Only need 60 points from Bell tonight to offset my opponent having Freeman, Eifert, Forsett, and the Green Bay Defense. Those four players outscored my entire team. It could have been a lot more if he hadn't benched Doug Martin!

Elysium fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Oct 12, 2015

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I never would've thought starting 2 Jaguar WRs at the same time would pay off for me. Thank you Robinson and Hurns!!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

So I'm trying to figure out how to maximize value in my money league. We have a $100 FAAB budget, and Chacandrick West is available. This is a dynasty keeper league, so whatever I spend on him is what I get him for going forward. This is based on a $300 salary cap. To make things more interesting, salaries increase yearly by 10% for the first three years, 20% the fourth year and 50% the fifth year.

I have $85 left I can spend on the season and I don't want to exceed my salary cap. So how much do you bid on him to try to make sure you get him, but that he is cost effective on the off-chance he becomes a fantasy stud for years to come?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Unless he get's traded I think it's a one-year thing. I don't expect any major WR's to emerge that I'd play week to week at this point, and new FA pickups of value will be few - so go for broke!

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I have a problem in that I have too many solid Running Backs and really need to make a decision on who to keep ROS. Whoever I don't keep I will try to package up for a WR1. Here are my RB's that are all starter-quality (Half PPR).

Mark Ingram
Dion Lewis
Todd Gurley
Doug Martin

I am looking at keeping 3/4 of the above, and packaging the 4th with either Lamar Miller or Golden Tate/Stevie Johnson for a lower end WR1. There are a couple teams really hurting at RB now and I think its possible I could get someone like Edelman. Who would you guys be most comfortable with ROS?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Try to trade Martin but otherwise just do what you feel comfortable with in terms of value. IE: don't give away Ingram for anything less than a bonafide WR1

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Boon posted:

Unless he get's traded I think it's a one-year thing. I don't expect any major WR's to emerge that I'd play week to week at this point, and new FA pickups of value will be few - so go for broke!

You aren't worried that this could be the beginning of the end for Charles? I could definitely outbid everyone, but that seems like it could be short-sighted.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
What's the deal with JStew? Is Cam stealing all of the red zone carries? Is he a buy low target?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

kiimo posted:

That has been argued like the last five pages.

It's up to you, man. I'm starting Bortles instead of Smith personally. Other people who aren't jaded Chiefs fans who are angry at our line, play-calling and decision-making by Smith and Reid are starting Smith. Your call.

I hope you made the right call.

I want to feel good about this, and I won. However Bortles hurt his shoulder, Odell hurt his hamstring and Charles season is done. :suicide:

I now have Ben Roethlisberger, Eric Ebron, DeSean Jackson, Odell Beckham, Jamaal Chalres and Blake Bortles with red letters next to their names. This season loving sucks all around.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Colston's banged up. Makes Snead much more attractive for Thursday

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

kiimo posted:

I hope you made the right call.

I want to feel good about this, and I won. However Bortles hurt his shoulder, Odell hurt his hamstring and Charles season is done. :suicide:

I now have Ben Roethlisberger, Eric Ebron, DeSean Jackson, Odell Beckham, Jamaal Chalres and Blake Bortles with red letters next to their names. This season loving sucks all around.

Who else do you have :ohdear:

Heisenator
Mar 30, 2010
Who is the better TE ROS at 0.5ppr:

Barnidge or Eifert? I currently have Bennett

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Gobias Ind. posted:

What's the deal with JStew? Is Cam stealing all of the red zone carries? Is he a buy low target?

Don't trade for JStew. He's only rosterable because of volume, as you said, he's got incredibly limited TD upside due to Cam and Tolbert, and hasn't looked nearly as good as last year. He's had cake matchups, too, and hasn't done anything with them. Bye week fill-in at best IMO.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Heisenator posted:

90% sure it's Eifert but Barnidge just made the greatest circus catch I've ever seen (catch with ankles - > trap against nuts while rolling around on the ground), so who the gently caress knows.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Heisenator posted:

Eifert.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Somehow just picked up Greg Olsen off the wire as a FA. Glad I took a look at it.

I'm also hoping that the Jamaal Charles owners and really everybody else goes nuts trying to get Knile and lets my claim for Charmander go through.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Any reason not to blow the rest of my FAAB money on Chanrcandrick? I've got $64/100 left

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Sataere posted:

You aren't worried that this could be the beginning of the end for Charles? I could definitely outbid everyone, but that seems like it could be short-sighted.

It may, but Jamaal has the starting role next year when he comes back. Reminder that he's only a year older than AP when he tore his ACL. Jamaal probably has 1-2 years left in him even with this lost year.

That said, I'm not advocating to blow the whole wallet (though it certainly came off that way).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

dxt posted:

Any reason not to blow the rest of my FAAB money on Chanrcandrick? I've got $64/100 left

Well yeah, we don't really know what he will do in the feature back role and it's only week 5. There will be more free agents you will be wishing you had money to go after if you blow your wad on West.

That said, go after him, I just don't know if spending all of your money in week 5 is a wise move, especially considering we don't know how much of a RBBC it will be in KC just yet.

• Locked thread