Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

just started playing this again

i forgot how relaxing it is, and it's nice to play a MMO where not everything is mapped out and handed to you. i like the exploration feel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

I just want school and work to calm back down so I can start playing again.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

can you add people to your friendlist when they're not right in front of you now, or do i still have to run into you guys to be your friend

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Use /friend, but they still have to be within the same zone as you (and I think they have to be online at the time).

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So if words of power can only be used once they're pretty worthless unless you're really dying for some extra regen for 15 minutes, right?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
They're a consumable basically.

There are some use ones that give big boosts to earned xp for 30 minutes, and also some fun ones like super jump.

I think there's one that expands inventory for a period of time too.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh, I think I misunderstood how the mechanics of them. Didn't realize you could make more scrolls and have a chance to get the effect again

e: I'm Kiyro if anyone is actually playing still

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, each individual word can only be used once, but you can get more than one word that has the same effect. I'm Alianna in game, but I've been too busy to play lately.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Robo Reagan posted:

Oh, I think I misunderstood how the mechanics of them. Didn't realize you could make more scrolls and have a chance to get the effect again

e: I'm Kiyro if anyone is actually playing still

Ya you can eventually craft 5 different levels of them.

I'm Druk in the game, formerly Pisschrist, but got badnamed.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

hakimashou posted:

I'm Druk in the game, formerly Pisschrist, but got badnamed.

Personally, I liked Pisschris.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Tanners posted:

Personally, I liked Pisschris.

me too, favorite name change

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
it was my *cross to bear*

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer
What's the best combo of skills for a noob to be leveling with? I have archery/psychology equipped, and a few full stacks of beginner's arrows from back when me and my husband were playing, but I'm worried about what will happen when I run out of those. I've heard leveling carpentry + fletching is a huge pita, but I haven't actually experienced it myself.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Gonna play this with a friend, time to see what all the hubbub is about

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

babydonthurtme posted:

What's the best combo of skills for a noob to be leveling with? I have archery/psychology equipped, and a few full stacks of beginner's arrows from back when me and my husband were playing, but I'm worried about what will happen when I run out of those. I've heard leveling carpentry + fletching is a huge pita, but I haven't actually experienced it myself.

Sword and unarmed seem about equal to me so far, and either can use psychology to great effect.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

killstealing posted:

Gonna play this with a friend, time to see what all the hubbub is about

we're having the most fun in years with this game holy poo poo it's so good I wish I backed this

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

killstealing posted:

we're having the most fun in years with this game holy poo poo it's so good I wish I backed this

They're going to open up the backing rewards once they hit Steam later this month or next month.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Now I just need a single skill belt

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

killstealing posted:

Now I just need a single skill belt

ask in chat someone can make ya one

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
PSA: Xean hasnt appeared in three weeks now.

In three weeks he could have travelled to literally any place on earth. No goon is safe. Watch your six.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

hakimashou posted:

ask in chat someone can make ya one

What chat? I'm not messing up global with my dumb request :V

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

killstealing posted:

What chat? I'm not messing up global with my dumb request :V

global chat

thats how everyone gets single skill belts

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Ah well yeah no luck might try tomorrow (holy poo poo I've been playing for 10 hours what)

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i can almost tame a cat

my dreams are nearly fulfilled

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

A Spider Covets posted:

i can almost tame a cat

my dreams are nearly fulfilled

Can you have 100

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

tater_salad posted:

Can you have 100

i now have a new dream

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

A Spider Covets posted:

i now have a new dream

Crazy cat lady o gorgon.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I got infected with lycanthropy and then with wolf lice

.____.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Hope you like being stuck as a wolf for the days around the full moon, because that poo poo's permanent.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I love permanent character flaws so yeah sure I'll deal with the vendors yelling at me. At least Flia loves me now. Plus goddamn those wolf combos hit hard.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

killstealing posted:

I love permanent character flaws so yeah sure I'll deal with the vendors yelling at me. At least Flia loves me now. Plus goddamn those wolf combos hit hard.

When it's a full moon in real life you get stuck in wolf form in the game.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah I read that, that's awesome

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Oh man, this game looks like my kind of party. I'm going with Psychology Dianetics and Animal Handling Cult-leading as an elf named ElrondHubbard. :buddy:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
go necromancy and you can have your own gaggle of brainless idiots slapping people for you

I switched to fire magic/staff, grinding saltpeter now that I'm at 35 ._.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Logged out for a while, so I may as well drop a stupid question for when I get back: Is there a bottle of water anywhere in the noob cave, or do I need to drink a health potion and use the resultant bottle on the little lake dealie or do I gotta leave entirely to finish getting psychology?

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

I think there's a random bottle spawn in the cave somewhere.

drunk mutt
Jul 5, 2011

I just think they're neat

EclecticTastes posted:

Logged out for a while, so I may as well drop a stupid question for when I get back: Is there a bottle of water anywhere in the noob cave, or do I need to drink a health potion and use the resultant bottle on the little lake dealie or do I gotta leave entirely to finish getting psychology?

I don't remember exactly where it is within the cave, but in the room where it looks like it's snowing and there is a table w/ some papers a slob left laying around. I've had luck finding an empty bottle spawning right next to the table on the opposite side of the bookshelf.

I just picked the game up myself, and have to say that the "Stuff to do" tab in the quests panel is super helpful in the start. Even though I mostly just run around killing pigs so I can get the pork shoulders to sell so I can learn stupid things like cooking and gardening because I'm so desperate for people to like me (and give me poo poo).

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I just counted up all the saltpeter I'll need to catch up in spells and cried.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Wait until you try ice magic :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah but at least I'll be able to farm up the required things (with 45-50 fire) right? Right?!